Cash Wise Employee Reviews

Some good employees and some bad employees/management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waite Park, MNFebruary 20, 2019
(Blunt), terrible place to work and when I say that I am talking about some of the employees and the number one problem is management. Was not trained properly, was not able to view my pay rate, was not given the information I needed to see my pay. Correct you in front of customers instead of pulling you aside an telling you. There is a lot more I can say but this is just the jist of the problems they have.
Pros
Some employees
Cons
Terrible, terrible management.
Fun place to work
LIQUOR STORE CASHIER, COBORNS (Former Employee) –  Dickinson. North DakotaJanuary 7, 2019
Typical day was waiting on the customers, running the register, filling the shelves with the liquor and the beer cooler. Hours could go by and not have any customers so it could get alittle lonely sitting around all by your self.
Pros
greeting customers
Cons
no breaks and lonely
Good job
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDDecember 2, 2018
I really like how that this job is willing to work around my schedule. My wife also works here and they do their best to give us the same days off and the same hours. Full benefits and stock options. not too shabby for a local grocery store
Pros
discounts
Good Place to work
Senior Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNNovember 17, 2018
CashWise offers flexible schedules and is a great place to work. I am just looking to get back in an office setting.

A typical day is running the front end as a supervisor, helping guests. Management does help but ultimately it falls on the Front End Manager.

The culture is good people are friendly and will help when needed. The hardest part of the job is time management. I enjoy my job as I get to help and work with a lot of different types of people.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Short handed
Good Company
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDOctober 18, 2018
A typical day of work is fun. I've learned that if you want to make the days go by faster, learn how to joke around with other coworkers and managers. Managers are very personable and you can go to them with almost any problem you have. The hardest part of the job would be getting into the groove of things and learning how everything works. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you're working with your favorite coworkers and making jokes and having fun.
Pros
Management is easy to talk to
Cons
Communication between departments
Enjoyable and my very first paid job
Cashier / Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 17, 2018
I was a part time employee and still in high school/beginning years of college. For being a grocery store, the environment was very positive, and I definitely made some good memories working there. Like I said, this was my very first paid job, so Cash Wise was the launching pad for my working career.
Always busy
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 13, 2018
There is always something to do. Stocking, packaging, back-stocking, cleaning, assisting customers. You do a lot of standing and twisting with a whole lot of walking fast.
Pros
Your busy
Cons
Your busy
friendly place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNAugust 4, 2018
every one there was so nice and understanding of my medical issues. I just missed to many days of work and it was not fair to them that I was gone due to my medical issues.
Dead End
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJuly 27, 2018
A lot of responsibilities that don't coincide with the job description. Corporate sets goals you are expected to reach with little material/supplies or assistance.
Flexible scheduling, great work environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJuly 4, 2018
Cashwise will work around your schedule if you are in school or have life events going on. Many of the employees are helpful and work as a team. They are focused on customer service and treat their customers as guests. They offer many opportunities for those who are driven to grow within the company.
Pros
paid 15 minute breaks, flex scheduling, company stock option, career growth.
Cons
Hard to get holidays off being they are retail, high turnover, other employees calling in.
fun place to work
Front End Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waite Park, MNJune 29, 2018
Cash wise is fast pace working environment. There are a lot of fun employees to work with. It can be stressful at times but every job is stressful in retail I think. I would recommend this job for someone I going into business.
Pros
good employyes
Very busy grocery store.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 27, 2018
Working as a cashier, you are usually very busy. There are very few slow times, if it is slow, there are things that need to be done to keep the store organized and clean. Everyone works together as a team.
Leaves alot to be desired
Cashier and Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJune 26, 2018
There is a lot of favoritism, that goes on, and coworkers who are constantly rude to guests do not receive any kind of repercussion. And it seams like the higher ups just care about what will make them the most money instead of what is the best for the guest who come in to shop. The best part of the job is some of the customers that come in.
Pros
Frequent customers are really nice
Cons
managment not listening to what would work better on the store level
No advancement possibilities, poor management
Cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Waite Park, MNJune 25, 2018
I was passed over for many, many full-time positions in the 10 years I worked there. They always seemed to go to people with connections to someone in management or corporate. The store director liked to write up people for trivial reasons. In a few years time, the turnover in full-time workers was very high, 75% or more, so I finally wised up and found full-time work elsewhere.
Pros
Vacation pay and minimal discount even for part-timers, some great coworkers
Cons
Store manager, lack of real chance for advancement
Store management is inadequete
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDJune 6, 2018
Store director is young, inexperienced, and does not put effort forth towards learning about his employees. There is a lack of care towards customers, employees, and the shopping experience. The goal of corporate and the store director is purely profit focused.
Eight store managers in the last 4 years
Worker bee (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 11, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked at. Staff would smoke pot on their breaks and lunch and upper management would do nothing about it. Employee theft is off the charts and the Corporate does not care. If you are considered the " in crowd " then you will get away with murder. It was made very clear that the rules only applied to some while other always seem to get a free pass.
Stay away from this job. I see this company going bankrupt in the future.
Pros
Cons
No time and a half on sunday, No employee discount, No overtime, Poor store management.
I would NOT refer to this as a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNMay 9, 2018
too fast paced and boring other times. I learned that there is definitely something out there that is better. I guess the work culture was pretty diverse and there was a little something for everyone.
Good starter job
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMay 8, 2018
Great position for someone in high school looking for some extra cash. For the person that is looking for more, there are definitely advancement opportunities as well.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 17, 2018
stocked shelves and unloaded trucks
lifting/labor was the hardest part
most enjoyable part of the job was working/ serving customers
management was pretty good for the most part
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDApril 16, 2018
I have been at Cash Wise for about six months and the staff there is awesome. I wouldn't make it there without the friendly people. I love it there. Too bad I will be leaving soon to move to a different town.
Pros
Great people to work with and mamgement is great.
Cons
I cant think of any