Cash Wise Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Flexible scheduling, great work environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJuly 4, 2018
Cashwise will work around your schedule if you are in school or have life events going on. Many of the employees are helpful and work as a team. They are focused on customer service and treat their customers as guests. They offer many opportunities for those who are driven to grow within the company.
Pros
paid 15 minute breaks, flex scheduling, company stock option, career growth.
Cons
Hard to get holidays off being they are retail, high turnover, other employees calling in.
Very busy grocery store.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 27, 2018
Working as a cashier, you are usually very busy. There are very few slow times, if it is slow, there are things that need to be done to keep the store organized and clean. Everyone works together as a team.
Leaves alot to be desired
Cashier and Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJune 26, 2018
There is a lot of favoritism, that goes on, and coworkers who are constantly rude to guests do not receive any kind of repercussion. And it seams like the higher ups just care about what will make them the most money instead of what is the best for the guest who come in to shop. The best part of the job is some of the customers that come in.
Pros
Frequent customers are really nice
Cons
managment not listening to what would work better on the store level
No advancement possibilities, poor management
Cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Waite Park, MNJune 25, 2018
I was passed over for many, many full-time positions in the 10 years I worked there. They always seemed to go to people with connections to someone in management or corporate. The store director liked to write up people for trivial reasons. In a few years time, the turnover in full-time workers was very high, 75% or more, so I finally wised up and found full-time work elsewhere.
Pros
Vacation pay and minimal discount even for part-timers, some great coworkers
Cons
Store manager, lack of real chance for advancement
Store management is inadequete
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDJune 6, 2018
Store director is young, inexperienced, and does not put effort forth towards learning about his employees. There is a lack of care towards customers, employees, and the shopping experience. The goal of corporate and the store director is purely profit focused.
Eight store managers in the last 4 years
Worker bee (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 11, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked at. Staff would smoke pot on their breaks and lunch and upper management would do nothing about it. Employee theft is off the charts and the Corporate does not care. If you are considered the " in crowd " then you will get away with murder. It was made very clear that the rules only applied to some while other always seem to get a free pass.
Stay away from this job. I see this company going bankrupt in the future.
Pros
Cons
No time and a half on sunday, No employee discount, No overtime, Poor store management.
I would NOT refer to this as a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNMay 9, 2018
too fast paced and boring other times. I learned that there is definitely something out there that is better. I guess the work culture was pretty diverse and there was a little something for everyone.
Good starter job
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMay 8, 2018
Great position for someone in high school looking for some extra cash. For the person that is looking for more, there are definitely advancement opportunities as well.
Over all a great Company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 17, 2018
My day would start at Noon, and end at 9pm. 5 days a week, and there was no room to change that. I loved working for Cashwise in the Deli. Most of the employees are fun to work with, and like any place you have the ones who thrive on drama.

Quick paced atmosphere, and never a dull moment.

I worked 5 nights a week, and that included pretty much every weekend. That got a little old because they say they promote a good life/work balance. Which may be the case at their other stores as well as other departments in this store, with this particular Department Manager however it was not like that. I saw my family for 45 minutes to maybe an hour per day if I was lucky.

Store Managment in addition to other department managers at this particular location are nothing short of amazing people.

The hardest part of the job is getting out exactly on time because there are so many variables that can come into play.

The best part of the job is dealing with customers, talking with them, and getting to know them.
Pros
Amazing Work Place Culture
Cons
The current department manager is a “boss” as opposed to a leader.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 17, 2018
stocked shelves and unloaded trucks
lifting/labor was the hardest part
most enjoyable part of the job was working/ serving customers
management was pretty good for the most part
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDApril 16, 2018
I have been at Cash Wise for about six months and the staff there is awesome. I wouldn't make it there without the friendly people. I love it there. Too bad I will be leaving soon to move to a different town.
Pros
Great people to work with and mamgement is great.
Cons
I cant think of any
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNMarch 26, 2018
A typical day at work would be on weekends or PM shifts which was what I usually worked after school, and it was a very good high school job to have at the time.
productive and busy workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDMarch 19, 2018
Primarily busy market location with a management team that was on top of things. The hardest part of the job was working outdoors in the weather conditions.
Manager and Fulltime get more weekends off
N/A (Current Employee) –  MinotMarch 10, 2018
Not quite sure how my manager seems to get almost every weekend off as well as the other individual that also works in the same dept and I am lucky if I get 1 weekend off a month. I feel like a manager and full time should work more on weekends because that is the most busy times and not Monday through Friday or whenever they want.
Pros
Friendly staff and General Managers
Cons
Hours I work are getting to where it's not worth my time, and the pay is awful I could make more at McDonald's.
fun busy place to work
Lead Meat Clark (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMarch 4, 2018
I loved the environment the people you work with are like family.They are very serious with their employment and your errors.Most of the management is very nice respectful.Some of them have a management skills that need to be work on.Overall i like the workplace awesome place to work for.Very picky customers.The people you meet on a daily basis.
Pros
a more family-oriented workplace
Cons
how strict they can be with their employees
good college job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNFebruary 27, 2018
Good college job for the time being, very easy and worked around my schedule. I was happy with the atmosphere of the workplace. I enjoyed how management worked with my schedule.
A great place to work at the time I was hired
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 26, 2018
At the time i was hired it was a great place to work and the store manager was a fantastic person. But over the years they had several change overs in managers and the last one I had was a terrible manager who didn't last very long but long enough to see me leave.
productive and fast paced
Guest Service Represenative (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNFebruary 24, 2018
it is a fast paced, high functioning place to work. the staff and customers are hard working and loyal. I have been there quite sometime and it is a great part time job but I need more and more of a challenge,
hard work
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 16, 2018
I'm in the grocery department, i restock items on shelves, but we have to do front ends job and cashier and get carts, but when we need help we don't get it, kinda strange that i was hired for grocery department and I'm doing other departments jobs with getting no help back.
Pros
fun work environment, enjoy helping people
Cons
having to do more work than what youre hired to do.
Okay to work for on part-time basis.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 12, 2018
They are very flexible with scheduling especially if you are a college student they are willing to work around your school schedule. Management is pretty easy to get along with overall.