Cashman Equipment Co. Employee Reviews

VERY Bad Management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 12, 2019
I will admit, i loved my job, loved the people i worked with, worked graveyard in the warehouse. However, they hired a new Warehouse Manager and she is the worse type of person you could possibly have. She started cleaning house of all the high paid employees. The guys who have been there a long time. There company policy pertaining to infractions at work is, warning, write up and termination. This manager just terminates for the stupidest things.. They had a female forklift driver who ran someone over with the forklift and she was only suspended and returned to work, i myself ran into a pole by accident and was fired the next day, never had and prior accidents. I had just had my review and my shift supervisor rated me above average and considered me to be extremely trustworthy. They never took that into consideration. They never talked to me or asked my any questions.

It use to be a great company to work for with the old management, but not anymore, I was told by a few friends that work there that they hire noobs now and immediately make them supervising leads with no experience, because they are her drones and will rat on you or take videos of you with there phones, post them on the company web page and get you fired the next day.
Pros
Comradery between co-workers
Cons
Bad Management
Poor leads and management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVFebruary 21, 2019
Management has favoritism and loves to gossip. Working here is draining my co-workers are always bringing personal problems to work. Some people hide their narcissistic abuse behind years with this company so they get away with disgusting behaviour and for some reason they love being in your personal life excuse me i get paid to do my job not be your friend or make you phonies my family. Last but not least management needs a reality check you are not all that and you can use an attitude adjustment. Don't work here you can do so much better.
Pros
Clocking out after work
Cons
Management sucks phony workplace
Horrible to say the least.
Yard Attendant (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVFebruary 1, 2019
Very friendly people in the beginning then they start to really show their true colors after awhile. My coworkers only cared about one thing. Sports. And since I wasnt into sports I wasnt allowed to do anything with them. I was always sent off to do other work while they sat in there office chairs talking about sports. 30 mins for lunch. No breaks and they will yell at you if they catch you on a break.
Pros
You learn some neat things.
Cons
Short lunches, no breaks, no time off unless 3 months notice is given, horrible management lower and upper.
horrible employer
Shop technician (Former Employee) –  Round Mountain, NV 89045January 18, 2019
the managers are horrible will tell you lies to get you hired then never deliver on there promises from the interview. its all about the buddy buddy good ol boy not what you know as a mechanic
Excellent Company
Back Order Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 19, 2018
Excellent Company, many years experience as a family member and an employee. Cashman has 5 locations in Nevada including Henderson, Reno, Winnemucca, Elko and Round Mountain.
Good Company with Questionable Middle Management
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 19, 2018
Cashman Equipment is a good company but the middle management is the stereotypical middle management (at least in Reno) that run on the premise of "Do as I say, not as I do". The Company has done a good job of rolling out a Strategy which motivates its employees, but has middle managers in place who don't create enthusiasm around the Strategy nor enforce or live Company core values, and in many instances, there seems to be an in crowd and an out crowd.
Pros
Great Coworkers.
Cons
Lackluster Middle Management.
Customer Support
Product Support Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 8, 2018
Caterpillar provides excellent product support, customer focused and accessible. I really appreciate having CAT Reps in the Dealer locations to aid in resolving customer issues in "real time"
Pros
Customer Support
Cons
Executive Bias and Dealer level
Did not pay for steal toe boots. Shift work. Alternating night and days. No pay raise for over 5 years.
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Round Mountain, NVAugust 14, 2018
Had to leave work for hot shot parts. Nobody else on nights except yourself. No raises for over 5 years. Had to put up with mechanics who wanted eveything there on time. Had to unload delivery trucks in the snow and rain.
Pros
Experiance. Some good parts in medical plan. Vision. Dental
Cons
Low pay. Middle of now where. No advancement.
Good place to work, best pay in town.
Machine Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVAugust 1, 2018
Best company to work for in Reno area, top pay, great benefits and lots to learn... if you want to become better at mechanicing/welding/diagnosing/failure analysis and much more this is the place to be.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Attitudes
Cutthroat work environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 29, 2018
Cashman equipment in Sparks don't value hardworking people. They have a high turnover rate due to lack of good judgement when it comes to dealing with their toxic work environment. Rude and disrespectful co workers who have been there a long time feel superior to new hires and temps. Very immature office and lab setting, I wouldn't recommend this place at all, especially to temps. Best part of this job was leaving and finding a business that values their employees.
Pros
Shift goes by fast
Cons
Cutthroat co workers, high turnover rate as a lab technician, and cashman doesn't value their employees or temps.
Not Employee driven
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 24, 2018
Management overlooks what the exact problems are throughout the Company. Don't give reasonable wage increases for an employee that goes above and beyond.
Semi relax but fun place, questionble middle managment.
HelpDesk Support technician (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NV, and Henderson Nv.July 15, 2018
Out going always willing to learn, punctual, honest, reliable, get alone with co-workers.
Volunteer time for company events, always share my knowledge and resources with co-workers in the IT department.
Willing to step up when need it and to find new opportunities with in the company out site of the IT department.

Left Cashman in 2008 and came back in 2012
Pros
Nice people friendly upper managment.
Cons
Healthcare and poor benifits
productive and fun place to work for
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work ,company police was great , from the owner down was great to work for and they showed concern for all employees.great work enviroment.
Pros
great staff
Cons
had to move
Fast paced, but great working environment.
Rigger/Helper (Current Employee) –  Morgan City, LAJune 3, 2018
A typical day at work will either be slow or extremely busy depending on the job at the time. Through this company I have learned much about the maritime industry, plus all of the skills I have picked up along the way. Management is very easy to work with in all situations as long as you do your expected job to the obvious best you can do.
Pros
Hour lunches, great pay, great management
Cons
work can be strenuous sometimes
No Future
Technician (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 23, 2018
Cashman Equipment is a quality company to work for with the highest safety standards, moral compass, and pride in product. The truck shop will be closing soon,Cat has not put a motor in a truck in over 10 years, and the priority is just not there.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
No work
Great place
Mantenance (Former Employee) –  NevadaJanuary 9, 2018
Cashman was a great company. Loved my role while I was there great people who wake up with the sun and still seems so energetic. I'll give this place 5 stars
Miserable work atmosphere with no advancement.
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVDecember 22, 2017
I was a yard attendant who worked extremely hard and went above and beyond what was required of me, (no recognition of hard work either). The so called "supervisor" who did not lead by example, was a disgrace of disrespecting fellow employees. I made many complaints to HR about this and nothing was done. I still don't see how they still hold jobs here for creating such a hostile environment.
Pros
Free food here and there
Cons
Horrible upper management
Truck shop mechanic (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 14, 2017
Good place to work if you are learning. Once you get to higher levels margin for error becomes slim. You need to be on your toes at all times or you will become another number...
Stressful workplace with multiple simultaneous projects and travel
MINESTAR SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 27, 2017
Role requires a lot of travel to/from rural mines and intimate knowledge of hardware/software/sales/accounting/and more expected from technicians. Support from current management is lacking and communication doesn't frequently make it to the techs as they are expected to do research on their own with little to no time to complete that.
Pros
Pay and variation of work tasks
Cons
expectations very high but support and communication is low
Low morale, low pay
Caterpillar Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2017
Cashman management does not care about its employees. I was lied to when I was hired. I was promised a pay raise after 90 days and then didn't get it when the 90 days was up. Other employees were hard to get along with. Very catty women.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cashman Equipment Co.. Our community is ready to answer.