Casino Arizona/Talking Stick Resort

Working at Casino Arizona/Talking Stick Resort: 31 Reviews

United States31 reviews

greatjobworkbenefitemployeegoodpaylunch

Great benefits, lower pay, members advance sooner.

There is a night and day difference in client base for the two locations!Community members will advance before you, but that is typical of any casino I'm sure.As a whole Casino AZ has been a good experience! The majority of management at the line level are great. The casino takes care of it's employees even when it might not benefit the company.They do pay less than other casinos around the valley though. I believe they bank on the traffic and health benefits to keep you employed.The problem lays in the highest of management, making huge changes to policy and procedures.This can be for the better but in my experience it's often for the worst.Even if the changes are for the worst policies won't be rolled back either.

Pros

full time, benefits, line level management

Cons

client base at CAZ is rough!

Great company

Great benefits and pto time. And great company to work for part-time or full-time. Very professional company, you also get bonus at end of every year..

Casino Arizona/Talking Stick Resort insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Great Job and oncome

I worked at the food and beverage department and I have to say that the department offers lots of training and pay bonuses and raises if you show up and work!

Pros

employee discount, secure parking, yearly raises and pto

Cons

management could be great or bad

Fun and unique work environment

Each day was different from the next. Establishing guest relationships was both fun and rewarding. The ever changing gaming floor was fast paced and engaging. The vast majority of the staff are amazing.

Pros

Fun place to work

Cons

Hard to say goodbye after many years due to reduction in work force.

Stability and hard work but minimal career gains

Casino cage work is steady, but it is rare to advance or improve yourself. Management is generally competent but it varies from person to person. I will say the Covid Pandemic threw the job a huge curve ball; few supervisors agree on cleaning procedures and casino customers are rarely hygienic to begin with.Casino Arizona does have good benefits such as great dental coverage and medical insurance that actually covered a surgery I needed. Plus a dining area for employees (but beware it's mostly left-overs).So it is a mix of quality, although not the absolute bottom of the barrel. Depends on if you wish to work 1 year versus 20.

Pros

Benefits and stability

Cons

Soul-sucking depressing and no career paths

My work provides customer happiness

My review work is the basis of success My job is to be on constant care and satisfy the wishes of customers and lasting success in my life The most important thing in my work is careful diligence and the real pursuit of success

Good work but pay rate no good

Good job but pay was low. I worked good hours and benefits were good. I learned more food recipes and learned catering with banquet as well as sauteed and boiler. There managment needs some improvement but was a great workplace.

Great benifits

I really liked working there alot. The benefits where great pto was great. The managers in my department was horriable to much favoritism and disrespect.

Pros

Discounts on food water park

Cons

They went down on 1 30 min break

Great benefit package, smoking environment

Casino environment is totally different from other resorts/hotels. Lots of regulations and continuing education classes. They also do have a native preferred status when hiring and promoting. The upside is a great benefits package. Very interesting environment though, one encounters a variety of individuals.

Pros

Excellent benefit package

Cons

Native preference, smoking environment in casino

Fun and great place to learn and advance in a career path

A great to work and learn about the industry. Varous career opportunities and trainings for advancement. A place to work and learn about other cultures.

Pros

Paid time off and yearly bonuses

Cons

Short breaks, mandatory holiday work

Fun work place. Working with cusotmers face to face.

Enjoy working here. Nice environment, great staff all around. Working hands on with the slot machines was challenging at the beginning but as time went on it got easier. Learning new ways to handle money and count a large amount of money.

Pros

Cost of lunch for employees. PTO

If you can get your foot in the door - GREAT place to work

Fast-paced work environment 2nd Hand Smoke Must be able to work with people from ALL walks of life Multitude of rules, policies and procedures (given it is Tribal owned and also has a Casino) If the schedule works for you...Go for it!

Pros

Free Food, employee shuttle, benefits, discounts, workshops

Cons

May have to work Graveyard, typically standing all 8 hours

Good work place

I enjoy working at both places. The work experience was good through out my years working for the casino. My supervisor was wonderful I meet friends working there and who are now like family. So in my experience working for the casino was a very knowledgeable..

productive days

you start off your day fast trying to get everything ready for you shift and to make sure you have enough prepped food for the whole day if not you will fall behind its pretty fast paced

Pros

free lunch

Cons

on your feet all day

Interesting experience in gaming industry

I liked my job here, I learned a lot and enjoyed coming to work. The overall atmosphere here was a good and positive one, anyone that's never worked in gaming and would consider applying there I'd recommend them to do so.

It was alright to work here

Some of the people are friendly and outgoing. I learned visual one and how to do wake up calls. Also some of the superviors are not as friendly they don't come in all the time.

Co-workers nice to work with

The hardest part of the job was the hours, graveyard shift.I learned how to convert poker chips into cash without taking a loss to my drawer. Balancing my cash drawer every night without taking any losses, or very minimal. The atmosphere was loud and always busy, fast paced on most days.

Pros

Reduced pricing for lunch

Cons

open 365 days a year, no holidays

It is a Casino, be prepared to work hard for nothing.

They care more about Tribal members than anyone else. You're going to get terrible hours and if you're not native be ready to get the short end of the stick. Good luck getting promoted anywhere, many of the employees are related to management in some way so they will get the job you want. All of the open positions are from high turnover departments so be careful. EVERYTHING that involves money on the casino floor is heavily regulated so the job becomes harder than it has to be.

Pros

many positions get paid lunch, healthcare is decent.

Cons

everything else, management sucks, seems like they don't care.

Out going and fun employees to work with.

I work day shift at Casino Arizona as a keno runner. I would stalk the Keno lounge before we open, I would make sure the game is running fine, handle cash transactions,provide great customer service, pay out hand jackpots.

Pros

Fun co workers, and cheap lunches, and good day shift hours.

Cons

Too much smoke to be around.

Tense place to work

Typical day - Working on gaming floor is rough on your feet and back, tremendous amount of smoke in the air. Meeting new people was exciting, unless they were losing money. Management - 2 stars Workplace culture - Lacks diversity Hardest part of the job - Being watched all the time and angry guests Most enjoyable - Watching people win money

Pros

Great lunch

Cons

Evening shifts

Great

I worked nights, so its pretty crowded and busy. The staff and co-workers where great to work with and helpful. The pay is great and of course the benefits. The job is pretty decent not too hard. The down fall is probably that night cleaners tips went down a bit. Other than that I loved the work environment and the people I worked with!

Benefits

Cons

Tips

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casino Arizona/Talking Stick Resort. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Casino Arizona/Talking Stick Resort Reviews by Location

Learn about Casino Arizona/Talking Stick Resort in popular locations

Casino Arizona/Talking Stick Resort reviews by popular job title

• Casino Arizona/Talking Stick Resort
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?