Casino at Delaware Park Employee Reviews

Avoid if possible
Staff (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 9, 2018
Does not invest in people, processes or facilities
Management actively discourages empowerment demonstrated by very poor customer service - far below industry standards
Incompetent leadership
Does not compensate to any best practice and as a result has very low competent people
Will not staff correctly
Management is actively adversarial
The overall demeanor is downcast and has been for years due to frequent purges to maintain an "artificial" level of profitability, mainly managing through cost cutting/avoidance instead of investing into revenue enhancement. Impression is that most are under-skilled and business does not invest in upgrading skills or tools.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, No Investment, Underskilled Workforce
No longer a safe, fun, and lively environment
Sports Teller (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 6, 2018
When I started working here I loved it and the energy. Patrons treated me well due to my knowledge, but recent changes in management has ruined it. I am not compensated for my efforts at this company and I am a peon whose ideas and effort are credited under someone else's name. They do not wish for me to leave, but at the end of the day I would like to work for a company who wants to grow and accept the ideas of a younger member of the department. My coworkers are amazing and bring me joy coming in, but management is complete garbage and does not understand how to schedule employees or sort out internal issues.
Pros
Discounted lunch and dinner, licences paid for, tips
Cons
Lack of consistency, lack of communication with management, unfair treatment from patrons due to internal errors
Management needs improving.
Players Club Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 30, 2017
I worked 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. and 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. Working every weekend and holidays is tough. I did not have a good work/life balance. The health benefits were good but pay was lousy. The hardest part of the job was being constantly humiliated by immediate supervisors. One supervisor disappeared for half the shift. Asking a question or for assistance meant having to listen to supervisors making snide comments.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Lack of support from management.
Overall it was the best job I've had
Chef (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 16, 2015
On a daily basis everyone plus the job was exceptionally good and I learned a lot during my employment there.
I received more incentives there than in all of my other employment history. Got along well with the HR Staff and co-workers, had no confrontations. Met people from many countries.
Pros
Good benefits, bonuses and vacation times
Cons
Live Racing time is the most strenuous time due to the overwhelming amount of business.
Great Work Place
Security Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 13, 2014
Some of the friendliest people you will work with in a casino. The Security Department is lead by a great Director.
Pros
Co-workers, management
The most enjoyable part of my job
Cage Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 8, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is all of the great customers and our wonderful team of employees and our upper management team. The upper management team always makes the time to help you in anyway possible. They also make sure that you have the tools and the knowledge to be successful no matter what your job title is. The employees is the real reason Delaware Park is so much fun to work for they make you feel like you are all one big happy family.
Pros
The customers and co-workers
Cons
Health care cost's