Casino Fandango Employee Reviews

The warehouse was unorganized, manager has little to no warehousing expierence.
Warehouse Worker forklift (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NV 89701January 5, 2019
My schedule was not set, changed every other day. Purchasing manager in charge of warehouse not a good idea. Warehouse is a unorganized mess, inventory issues were not addressed, workplace culture was not good, forklift was unsafe, equipment was in disrepair and I was not treated well.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Schedule changed daily, manager took time off when department was short staffed.
No Day Is The Same
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 16, 2018
My typical day here is never the same, I was in charge of balancing a cash drawer with a very high amount every day. Helping the public was a priority. I helped customers with change, debit/credit cash advances, jackpots, etc. In my department there was a lot of room for advancement and within weeks you begin to train for employee banks which raises your hourly rate $1 dollar and after a while you will begin to train as a Front End Supervisor. Everything about this company is fascinating. With my department however, I was not allowed to gamble on property, but could come in and enjoy a meal. While on shift every day you are able to get 50% off a meal. (Palm Court Grill or The Rum Jungle Buffet) The break times are reasonable. Two PAID 30 minute breaks (You can ask your supervisor to leave property, but must clock out) Everyday you get 8 hours or whatever your schedule is because you don't have to clock out for breaks. My coworkers are really nice, the supervisors and management are there to help you succeed. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is the "Eye in the Sky" Pretty much cameras are watching every move you make, everything you touch. EVERYTHING. So at times, it gets a little stressful. There is no bad things about this job!
Pros
Paid Lunches, 50% off meals while on shift, Advancement, Benefits, Employee Break Room, Fun Working Enviornment
Cons
2 breaks per 8 hour shift
SImple
Cage Cashier/Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVOctober 30, 2018
My Manager was excellent to work for. The employees were great people always friendly and helpful. They are the only thing I enjoyed about working there.
Pros
8 hr shift lunch paid
Cons
Benefits were horrible. Employees treated as just expendable employees by management
I do not recommend for anyone to work there.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 28, 2018
I do not recommend anyone to work there.They have poor management. There is too much politics and unethical practices that went on there. There is lack of morals and respect there.
Pros
Easy Security responsibilities.
Cons
Everything.
This Place Was Great
Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVJune 6, 2018
When I first started, this was a great place to work... by the time I decided to leave, they had forgotten that employees are people too! Hopefully they will remember again soon!
Pros
Good people
Cons
BAD management
Ok place to work
Porter (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 13, 2018
Your average everyday casino.....................Plent of drunks and lots of cigarette smoke cleaning up after the drunks and the vomit in the bathrooms and the fights and all
Doesn't get any better!!!!!
F&B Director (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 11, 2018
Fantastic Company to work for, better yet, to be a part of!!! Coming to work for CF is much happier than working for your average company! Because everyone is family, you feel as if your headed to your second family versus work!!
i love to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 24, 2018
i worked from 6am to 2pm and 6-9am i cooked ticket orders and did prep work and also stocked the coolers for the days work. i got along with all my coworkers from fellow cooks and management. the hardest part was during the rushes in the morning and the afternoon. i really enjoyed my time from 6-9 because i was able to prove myself to the staff what iam capeble of doing on my own. DEPENDABLE & PRODUCTIVE.
Pros
good company to work for.
Cons
not enough hours
Stressful, noisy environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 8, 2018
Pretty standard restaurant-in-a-casino work. Very loud, very fast paced at times. Did not suit my needs. Probably fine for those used to that environment. Pay is average.
Pros
Higher than minimum wage pay. Tips.
Cons
Casino atmosphere
Loved the special events
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 3, 2018
I loved working the special events and promotions and the benefits were good. I learned the inside of marketing and management of a casino and loved working with the guests.
Pros
Involved with promotions and special events
Cons
Being on-call all of the time
Productive and fun place to work, lots of events to be a part of
Players club representative (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 16, 2017
This company was fun, had so many events that the Players club was a part of, it helped me to be able to talk and be in front of a lot of people. I could handle a crowd and do it well. It was a really good job for me to do right after my father died. I was able to work with live people having fun.
Pros
working with the tournaments and talking to people
Cons
having some of the customers drunk and unhappy
Pretty easy gig
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 13, 2017
Laid back, slow paced, and ok money. Nothing terribly exciting but it pays the bills. Customers aren't the worst in town and there's ample opportunity to advance if you like.
Fun place work
Casino Porter (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 12, 2017
Loved playing here before I started work ing here unfortunately, starting pay for a porter is $8.7.5 and should be at least $10. Love working the graveyard shift & the people I work with but hard to find another part time job with the hours. 10p-6a. Bennies including 401K after 90 days.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Hourly wage
Fun atmosphere, good upper managment
F&B Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 1, 2017
A lot of guest relations. Solving guest issues or, just simply talking with guests.
I learned the Alcohol aspect of a casino.
The culture at a casino is, high pace and a lot of energy.
The hardest part of this job was, the employees. Taking over, when they were use to another manager was very challenging.
Pros
The amazing guests I got to know
Cons
having to cover all of the resturaunts alone
okay
food audit (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJune 26, 2017
the people are so nice to work there. A little stressful in accounting but all in all they are great people. Nice. Enjoyed it.. Recommended. HR is great
Pros
nice people
Cons
stress
they have a movie theater.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 14, 2016
the only good thing about working here was the movie theater. even that was poor at its best. the food sucked, the hours were way below what anyone would need to survive and the pay was a dollar below minumim wage. i dont even understand how they got away with it
great place
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVApril 19, 2016
great place to work, fun and great people to work for. never have i had a problem with anyone there. What else can I say. Great!!!!
Fast paced
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 13, 2016
I greeted the customers and made them feel welcome, took their orders and made sure the orders were correct when they went out to the customers. I cleaned up my appointed section when I was done with my shift.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
A place with a lot of down to earth people.
Soft Count/Drop Team (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVOctober 2, 2015
With the job that I hold, I do not see or hear a lot of what is going on in the Casino. I do know that the managers seem very friendly.
Pros
Nice Christmas Dinner for the workers.
Cons
No raises
Very Good company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 23, 2015
A typical day at work would be checks of the casino and guest relations. My co-works were always there for me no matter what we were like family