Cass Information Systems Employee Reviews

Toxic Workplace and Company
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2019
Avoid this company like the plague! I do not say that lightly...the company is completely dysfunctional from the top down.

There is an abusive senior manager there who caused (and is causing) an extremely high-turnover there due her abuse of employees...HR refuses to address it.

In addition, they poverty wages while working people like slaves, while the President makes over $600k per year...this is a modern day serfdom.

Many people get sick there just from the stress from it alone.
Customer Service /Client Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 6, 2019
The VP is like a dictator. Everything and everybody has to go thru him.
Micromanagement is the name of the game.
The CS manager is a flake.........
Autopilot management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2019
There is no training, poor benefits, no gym, don't promote from within. Flex time is available. Located near a nuclear dump. Human Resources requires meaningless tests when interviewing within the company.
Great potential but needed more
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2019
Cass had great benefits such as PTO accrual (15 hours a month) as a new hire, jeans daily unless meeting with client, some travel, food trucks, and remote work availability. The training was very poor, the medical benefits were too high. This is a very specialized industry for the training to not be longer, have a mentor, and a poor trainer to relay information.
Not what it seems
Telecom Audit Support (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 28, 2019
Toxic culture, lots of backstabbing, retaliation, inappropriate behavior, and behind the scenes drama, Managers are jockeying for executive approval which trickles down to management behavior toward employees.
The harder you work, the less you are promoted. They want you to stay in your current position. If you are a management favorite, the world is your oyster.
Benefits
Cons
See above
Standard Office Environment
Research and Resolution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2019
Supposedly I was in one of the better departments. I would go in, check the emails, respond accordingly to said emails, and get to work. Lunch was basically whenever you decided. Honestly my biggest issue, it was my first office job, and I would have the HARDEST time staying awake. Like I know coffee is a thing, but that's an "addiction" that I have no intention of starting.
Pros
Semi-flexible start time, You typically always had something to do.
Cons
Some of the practices felt fairly head on wall banging.
It's a decent job...
Data Verification Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2019
If you are looking for additional, mostly, steady income from home, this is a good choice. The pay is low, but it adds up. The work can be done within a 12 hour window (mostly 6pm - 6am), but if you log on late, there is a chance of having no work to complete. Therefore, you won't complete your hours. I have been able to complete my 20 hours every week by logging in at the time the work is released.

The HR lady and the manager had different information and I was confused up until after the on-site training was over.

The manager and trainer were very nice and friendly in person; can't say the same after starting to work from home. They are very cold and distant via email. Feedback on work processed is non-existent, which does not help if striving for 100% accuracy.

I intend to keep this job for as long as I can.
Pros
Working from home, extra 'steady' income
Cons
Low pay, no feedback
As with anything time brings change
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 2, 2019
In the beginning, the production environment was much less stressful than it is now. The emphasis was more on quality, but business being what it is, numbers became more important. However, it may be much more prudent for them to look at their competitors and make changes that keep pace with today's business model.

They are stuck and if they don't start making some real changes that add value to their clients besides increasing production numbers of the worker bees, they're going to get left behind.
Dynamic Environment
Client Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 20, 2018
Cass Information Systems is a growing company. As such the environment is very dynamic. Each day is different and that's what brings the joy and excitement into the organization.
Learning
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2018
I learned the processing of freight bills. Management could improve, and how they train. Very production, they will be on you about your down time and minutes.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Short lunch, working environment
Good place to work now
Research Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 4, 2018
When I started work at Cass the job culture wasn't that great due to management, but it improved greatly since then. Now it is more welcoming and less stressful. Also, there were a lot of overtime hours that needed to be completed, but that has also since subsided due to better management.
Job was ok... Just not the job for me
Associate Account Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2018
Job was ok... Just not the job for me.... This job was geared more for a project manager, and I felt that I was not fit for this role. I am more customer service oriented
Pros
schedule
Cons
work load
Flextime, PTO, Flex spending, Paid holidays, Insurance, 401k Matching, it's a good company to work for
Rate Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOSeptember 3, 2018
The hardest part of my job, is the noise level

2 15 minute breaks a day and 1/2 hour for lunch

Everyone is Pleasant

Most people are unhappy and don't want to be there, so it's a bit depressing
Pros
flex hours
Cons
sit for long periods at a time
Loved my co-workers
Exception Control (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 17, 2018
Need better management that aren't cut throat and brown nosers. Managers are very unprofessional. They gossip to each other about workers so there's no trust in an environment like that.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
processed various reports and data for various commercial clients
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  st louis moMay 30, 2018
no real accountabiity; i learned more systems. culture was typical. hardest part-not being notified of changes to work in timely manner. management was typical. enjoyable-the hours flextime.
Pros
flextime
Cons
extremely strict attendance policy
Did not like the work environment at all.
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2018
Very Stressful, management did not communicate well with staff. work place culture was dreary. The more you worked the more they worked you mandatory overtime. did not enjoy the job at all
Pros
Cons
stressfull
Management Needs Work
Major Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 8, 2018
The management of this company could definitely be better. They need to put more focus into communicating issues across the company and paying attention to the grievances and troubles of their employees.
toxic culture
Major Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 23, 2018
Toxic culture lacking management. Old school lacking forward thinking to keep up with technology. there is PTO which is a plus and if you were there long enough, you would have a pension but that has been taken away.
Pros
Cons
many
Great work culture but the pay is lacking
Audit Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2018
It is a great place to work, but the pay is not competitive enough to live off of. The management at Cass is top of the line and very knowledgeable. They never hesitate to jump in to answer a question or help when they can.
teams work hard to deliver their services to Cass customers
Director of Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Greenville SCMarch 8, 2018
Employees are great and are very knowledgeable about their positions in the company. Management can be trying and they demand that projects are completed on time.

Hardest part of the job is making sure that all deliverable's are completed and management works hard to deliver their products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cass Information Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight