CASTELLA IMPORTS Employee Reviews in Hauppauge, NY

disappointed
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 16, 2018
preached a good vision of the company, but never saw the vision. expected a better run program and atmosphere, but extremely unrealistic in many ways and expectations. company preached quality, but far behind in the market in expectation.
Great
Pallet jack forklift/stand-up (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 13, 2018
I was very comfortable at this job. I wish I did not have to move I like the people at this job. The environment was great fast past like I like to work. This was one f the best job I had in my life
Aprendi mucho como empacar y trabajo de manufactura
Food Service Worker, packing up. (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 19, 2018
En resumen en cuanto a prestaciones como seguro médico es excelente
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
Algunos departamentos de trabajo no son muy agradable
Stressfull
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 26, 2018
This place can be stressful and Management only look out for themselves, I wish the best for this company. The people are great but the work can be too stressful to deal with at times.
Pros
people
Cons
management
Rush.fast past
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 9, 2018
On a machine all day.you need a certain amount of pallets to keep the job.I learned how to work at a faster past.I also learned how to operate the cherry picker
Pros
Three breaks
Cons
Hard work
Fast-paced and competitive.
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Castella Imports is no ordinary walk through the ball park. A typical day consists of running through delayed work and inventory chaos. In my time there I have not learned a single thing other than the fact that the management chain did not collaborate or prioritize the major issues in the process. Working for the company would of been good if those issues were attended to. I honestly would recommend the company to an employee with both high drive and stress tolerance.
Growing company, Growing pains
Class A driver (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 12, 2017
Good People, crazy atmosphere, No team work. Everything is a pointing of finger rather than a working together. They need to grow.
And they need graduates of life and not this people that think they are better than anyone because they have a diploma. If you are educated you will be humble and not arrogant. Hopefully it changes because the owners are great.
Dont work in sanitation
Sanitation/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 7, 2017
They can't keep people in the overnight sanitation department. They pay the temps more than the regular workers and you only get a half hour break.The overnight supervisor just smokes and gives orders, does the easiest room, then passes off his paperwork to his strongest worker.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Fast -Paced
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY 11788April 29, 2017
Fast-paced and Stressful. Very demanding. High rate of turnover at all levels especially within the associates in the Manufacturing areas.
Not very professional from top down.
Pros
Free soups
Cons
High turnover unable to retain employees
Nothing bad to say.
Western US Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 26, 2017
Castella is based in NY. I live in WA State. I felt so far removed from day to day company life, and not a real part of the "team". From what I can tell, if you lived in NY the workplace culture was fantastic.
Small minded thinking people
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 1, 2017
They do not think about the big picture. You have a foodservice director who is from medical sales and has no clue of foodservice. If you are not part of their Greek club you are an outsider.
a fun and productuve place to work
QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY 11788February 19, 2017
Castella gives a lot of opportunities to growth within the company, the supervisors are very receptive and helpful, also counts with an ESL program, and free soup and coffee on lunch breaks.
A fun and very busy place to work, i love not just sitting around always busy
Office Personnel (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 14, 2016
A typical day at work, come in see what needs to be put away right away for orders going out, see what production needs to produce these orders, answer phone for scheduling and emails doing whatever i can to keep things moving.
I really enjoyed my job, and my co-workers and all the craziness that goes on all day, the hardest part was to try to get it all done by the end of day some days i would stay for maybe twelve hours but i was happy to complete my work. I really felt like part of a team and we all needed to work together which was not always easy for everyone.
Pros
free coffee, and if i needed to walk away a minute it was ok, to catch my breath once in a while
Cons
never really enough hours in a day to get everything really done.
Extremely fast paced workplace with never ending workload
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Ownership is very relatable and always accessible. Opportunities for advancement on every level. Never a shortage of work.