Castle Chevrolet Employee Reviews

Stressful place to work
Service dispatcher (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJuly 16, 2018
Working at castle was tough. They always made you feel as if you were worth something to them but when you needed something they treated you like you were at the bottom of the line. The job area was stressful and overwhelming. The managers did not care or try to make things better. When they got sick of you instead of writing you up they would find legal reasons to fire you even if you did nothing wrong.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
Stressful work enviornment
don't work there.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILJuly 3, 2018
lets start with lying to customers. work hard explain to a customer why they should pay more but not too make any more money. having customers made at you because someone else lied to them to get them to come in. never knowing your getting paid until its too late. will lie to you about how much you made unless your with the in crowd. Just not getting paid what your supposed to.
Pros
easy hassle free place to work
Cons
not getting paid what you should.
Only a place that is temporary job.
Porter/Detailer (Current Employee) –  Villa Park, ILMay 21, 2018
I learned how to multitask and complete the jobs given to me. I learned to be courteous to customers and be respectful. I learned to rise up to the challenge and perform my job with pride. I took away with me the pride in my performance and skill.
did not work there long enough
Journeyman Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 31, 2018
shop environment was very tight with too many technicians for the workload while i was there.
management was good and fellow technicians were good, but the workload for commission based pay was not there at that time
Pros
union scale and benefits
Cons
workload at the time
enjoyable
BDC Rep (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILOctober 27, 2017
I like working at castle chevy because it was salary pay. all my co workers were all so nice and helping when I needed anything. my schedule was always so busy so my managers worked with me on that which was amazing.
Pros
salary pay
Cons
work on the weekends
There’s no place like our Castle!
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Villa Park, ILSeptember 25, 2017
I’ve worked for the company for over 6 years and have held 2 positions before becoming a manager/director. If you work smart, are into team building all day every day and are dedicated to consistently providing customers with a first-rate service experience...then this is absolutely the place for you!!
great place to work for
Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Riverside, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Awesome atmosphere love the people especially the managers. Not to many customers complaints. Very ease and calm work place.
Close to home which makes it a plus.
What a great place!!!!
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Villa Park, ILSeptember 21, 2017
I work as a sales rep and all I can say is WOW!!! The managers and owners will truly go out the way to help you in any way that you need to make sure you have the tools to do your job. I am happy to say that I still work for Castle and have zero plans of working at any other dealer group.
Pros
Managers and Pay
What I learned
Assistant Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILFebruary 5, 2017
Although my boss and co workers were good. They were always finding ways to reduce pay even if the employees were going above and beyond and making them more money. Pay plans may change at a moments notice and not to your advantage.
Cons
pay plans change
Porters
Standard Porter (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILApril 16, 2014
As a porter you were basically everyone's personal servant. The days were short but the duties exceeded more than just a team of 4 could adhere to. I would not suggest people to work here, they treat employees like dirt and the owner is not fit for ownership.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
The job itself
Different
Sales & Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILJune 27, 2013
The best part of my job was my managers. They made it a fun and work friendly.