Castle Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Amazing work experiance
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIMay 30, 2018
I helped open the Urgent Care in Kaneohe. I got to help with the inventory and setting up the rooms. I represented the new location by being apart of creating a commercial. I worked along side several doctors and Phycisian Assistants. We serviced many patients of every age group.
Leadership actions not in alignment with Mission
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIApril 27, 2018
The corporate culture has deteriorated in the last 4-5 years. Management overhaul shifted focus from patient advocacy to highly individualistic thinking that has permeated the entire facility. Passionately patient-focused leaders and clinical staff were let go in not ethical ways. If you have compassion for patients, you tend to be targeted for elimination. Its a very oddly run place.
Pros
Vegetarian food served with TLC.
Cons
Leadership actions incongruent with mission statement.
Enjoyed my time at CMC.
Director of Finance (interim) (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIMarch 27, 2018
Enjoyed my time at CMC. Good leadership team that promotes in a sincere way the fact that the patient is the focus of everything they do. Very good process improvement rigor.
adventist health hospital.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 27, 2018
very religious hospital. prayers in the day. management is cult-ish mainland religious types. people eventually figure this out and go to other hospitals. lot of staff turn over while I was there.
Castle
Radiology Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 17, 2018
Good company. Accomodating and friendly from management to staff. Do not have really anything negative to say. Occasionally short-staffed. Good place to work
Enjoyed all my 37 years at Castle
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Case Mamagement DepartmentFebruary 1, 2018
I learned new skills with every position I held to move upward in the pay scale. I enjoyed the people I worked with and Administration. When Corporate made significant changes at Castle Medical Center, and how it would be run, I felt it was time to leave
Teamwork
STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIJanuary 26, 2018
In my day to day life at Castle our staff comprised a very caring team. If ever I was in a difficult situation other nurses jumped in and helped without being asked.
Pros
Ohana environment
Cons
no union
Fun place to work
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIJanuary 26, 2018
Castle's rehab team is very family oriented and feels like family once you join the team. Open communication and collaboration are in the foreground of our department . Our lead is very fair and reasonable.
Pros
team
Cons
cafeteria food
Enjoyed the work but leadership is horrible.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIJanuary 12, 2018
I enjoyed the work I did, however the department morale was severely low due to lack of good leadership. Director showed favoritism with certain employees while treating others harsh and unfairly which made for a hostile work environment. HR director often took department directors side leaving employees feeling unsupported, unappreciated and stressed!
Pros
Free parking, good benefits, fair pay, employee discounts
Cons
Bad leadership, hostile work environment, NON-supporting HR
A system with a strong attention to quality indicators and care
Vice President, Behavioral Medicine Services (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIDecember 19, 2017
A part of a hospital system that gives opportunities for professional growth, networking, and relocation.

Strong sense of missions

Good community reputation
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIDecember 4, 2017
Love the people. Work is hard but the staff make a difference. Good support from management. Relaxed atmosphere considering being in hospital. Do recommend
Fast paced
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HISeptember 5, 2017
Working as a CNA at Castle Medical Center was a rewarding experience. I learned something new almost everyday. The people I worked with ( both associates and patients) were all pleasant to work with.
best nursing job I ever had
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  HawaiiAugust 30, 2017
Seriously, I was a nurse on Oahu for 12 years. I worked as a temp in all the hospitals while working full time at Pali Momi, TAMC and Castle. Castle is by far the best. The staff is chill. The managers are not fools. the pay and benefits are fine. There are no insane unions to deal with - yet the working conditions are better than any unionized place.
If I ever move back to Oahu I would not work anywhere else.
Castle Medical Center
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIJuly 24, 2017
This is a very family oriented environment to work at. Everyone knows everyone and you will feel very welcome. The people are wonderful and helpful to work among.
Pros
Free parkings, great vegetarian food, health conscious environment.
Cons
Just went through major management changes, feeling of ohana no longer exists.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIJuly 8, 2017
Great place to work if you don't have to work overtime, show up, do your job, and leave. Don't ask questions. Company is adjusting for 100 percent patient focused care to 50%/50% financial results/patient focused care.
Transformation
Reimbursement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIJune 18, 2017
A great family feel workplace when I first joined.

But a corporate overhaul has transformed the culture away from the family feel. New corporate standards are being enacted that are more reflective of the mainland.
Pros
Great associates to work for
Cons
Corporate initiatives sanitizing corporate culture
great teamwork
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIJune 15, 2017
Strong team work; multi-disciplinary focus on great patient care; always learning new tricks of the trade from fellow teammates; management hears concerns and does their best to address issues
Castle Medical Center
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIMay 24, 2017
Work/life balance was highly encouraged, but definitely challenging based on your department needs. The Adventist healthcare system uses a holistic approach to help their staff meet their basic needs. The facility did offer a host of classes (i.e. cooking, exercise) to motivate ppl to live healthier lifestyles. Maintaining a sense of spiritually was highly encouraged, regardless of your religious background. Surprising to most, you do not have to be a Seventh Day Adventist to work at their facility.

Overall, good team work among co-workers and management. Management and administration have created various ways to acknowledge ppl that go above and beyond. The majority of the physicians are approachable and easy going.

Administration is very visible and approachable.

Facility has EMR, CPOE and an electronic incident reporting system.
Pros
Celebrates Physicians, Nurses and hospital week.
Cons
Only vegetarian food served in cafeteria
The greatest part of the job was assisting patients and community members.
Business Associate II (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIMay 20, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of registering patients to the hospital or department. My coworkers were outstanding team players and very knowledgeable in their field. Each department consist of Managers and Directors. The place had some up and downs like any company you have to deal with different personalities and management styles.
Fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIApril 28, 2017
A very fast-paced work environment that oftentimes requires focus and an ability to juggle multiple tasks at any given time. A strong focus is on teamwork.