Castle Megastore Employee Reviews

Want to sell cheaply made products at expensive prices?
Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2019
What to say about this place?? First, fellow employees talk trash behind your back, then smile at you when you walk in the door. If your a Male that works here, it's definitely harder, watch your back, especially from the female employees. Not trying to sound sexist, but this is an adult establishment, one wrong move around a fellow employee, and your toast! Doesn't matter if you did or didn't, corporate shows no mercy to their employees, especially if they don't fit in to what they deem as a "exceptional" employee.

Their products are cheap knock offs of name brand stuff in that store, and sold at the same price too. They want you to badger customers to spend their money on lingerie that's poorly made and then refuse returns. You must prove yourself worthy of the supervisor title, even if you've been there a long time. Be very careful, both males and females. Females get harassed by unruly customers a lot here when working. A lot of their products are cheap carbon copies of the original products and sold at the same price. They look identical to the original, but are made cheaper. Beware!!
Pros
Pretty much nothing
Cons
Pretty much everything
The owners are the worst!
Private (Former Employee) –  AllMarch 26, 2019
The owners are arrogant and treat their dog better than their employees. They constantly monitor your every move via the hundreds of cameras they have at all locations, including corporate. The worst job EVER!!
Too much micromanagment from corporate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 5, 2019
This place can be fun, too bad the corporate office wants to schedule every aspect of your day and life. Corporate is never happy no matter what you do. They keep terrible, worthless employees around and find ways to get rid of people who are actually productive/good sellers. Some really great customers and some of the worst people ever. If you are lucky, your coworkers want to help customers. If you aren’t so lucky, you are the only one actually working. You mostly stuck working nights and almost every weekend. You rarely get your 2 days off together.
Pay is ok. There is opportunity to win bonuses and other fun things.
Pros
No so much
Cons
Almost everything
Heck on earth if you don't think of customers as "yours" and stayes away from those who weren't "yours"
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AlaskaFebruary 21, 2019
I got fired during my probation period for missing days to see my doctor. I came into the job with a double ear infection and a bad sinus infection. Left the same way. My store manager and 3 coworkers (one of which came after me) and the other two only being there a few months themselves. The old coworkers and supervisors were not friendly and referred to customers as "theirs" or "yours". If they didnt like a customer, they were rendered to being called potatoes or had others helped them. A male employee got mad at me on a few occasions when "his" female customers ended up asking for my help because they were uncomfortable talking with a guy about the nature of the store.
Pros
My amazing manager who will moat most likely be fired
Cons
Most everything elae
Management sucks
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 28, 2019
The manager is rude to her customers and employees and has had several complaints since moving to this area. I had some medical issues arise and instead of communicating with me about them she just took me off the schedule then fired me for them after losing to human resources about my availability in returning to work. DO NOT APPLY HERE IF YOU WANT A GOOD MANAGER THAT DOESNT RUN THE PLACE LIKE YOUR IN HIGH SCHOOL.
Horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, azNovember 19, 2018
Crazy shifts, you have to meet daily sales goals. Managers and supervisors will takes sales away from you. Only bonuses you get are toys. Everybody talk about everyone else, it’s nonsense.
Pros
Customers are great
Cons
Management sucks
Wonderful Place to Work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 19, 2018
Working in both management and non-management at Castle Megastore, I would say it was one of the best jobs I'd ever had. The staff was wonderful, the customers were curious and trying to find a way to assist those who are very new and shy to the subject matter was always one of the greatest joys of my day as much as interacting with regular customers. Developing connections with new patrons and providing a satisfying experience in teaching them about the various products we offered simply cannot be beat.

The support from management and corporate leadership was always very personal and warm. The most difficult aspect of the job might be the location of the store as it's at the crossroads for a difficult part of town and with the high foot traffic, you were never quite sure who was going to come in and in what physical or mental state.

It was a wonderful opportunity in my professional life and I would gladly support them at any time.
Pros
Long lunches, medical and dental benefits
Cons
Not the best part of town
Sales position Job with no commission.
Sales Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2018
It's an interesting Job that requires an open mind and a drive to sell without commission. There are only but a handful of stores so advancement to Store Manager is next to impossible.
Pros
Everyday is interesting.
Cons
Strippers and Military/Vets get a better discount than store employees. Sales, Email Captures, IPH and ADS yet no commission.
Ability to always learn something new
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2018
Typical work day was inclusive of dealing with customers face to face about intimate situations for them and their partners, maintaining up to date knowledge on products and features, being about to communicate face to face about uncomfortable situation and react and respond appropriately.
It's Retail
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  AZJune 21, 2018
As a store manager I was promoted up from an assistant manager position. I don't have a turn over issue because I interview frequently and keep my store staffed. It is competitive and you have to put the hours in to keep the store on track. The corporate office is tough but fair.They spend time trying to teach people to be better sellers and leaders. It is difficult to bonus as a manager, the hourly staff bonus easier. No one gets fired for no reason. There is a lot of communication from the corporate office, everyone knows what is expected from them at all times. I like my job because of my team, the customers, and I work for a solid company.
Pros
Spiffs, Contests, Director of Sales
Cons
Long hours, tough goals
Believe the reviews
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2018
Castle is not the worst place too work but there are some down sides. If you are in management you can't have a life because you are salary they expect you to drop everything you are doing even on your days off to come in the store because the turn over rate is so high no stores in the company can stay staffed. The pay is unfair so they don't want you talking about at all they will a new person in a lower position more then a loyal worker that has proven themselves. There is no diversity in the company literally no store mangers that are not caucasian. They do offer spiffs and bonus but those are a joke. You have sales goals that have to be meant or get fired. Corporate is incompetent they should really take a look at level of failure. For as much stress as you can deal with and as little pay as you get you can find a much better job
Pros
Free toys
Cons
Corporate
tough place to work
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nonesuch, MIApril 9, 2018
This is a tough place to work. They prefer to hire outside vs promoting from with in. A lot of time they rely on staff to do everything a salaried member of management should do.
Pros
fun customers
Cons
run poorly
good company
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 6, 2018
Castle Megastores was a good company to work for. There were a lot of learning experiences. I was promoted and trained extensively in many areas while employed there.
Sales driven company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 5, 2018
Castle strives to be the best in adult retail with high sales goals for all employees and monthly compensation packages for employees who sell the most. If you're in upper management your time is consumed with recruiting of new staff, meeting yours and your associates sales goals, coaching in the moment, developing employees, and getting all paperwork. Hours are late and shifts are long.
Pros
Customers, free product
Cons
Corporate, excessive sales goals, late hours
Save your sanity
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 28, 2017
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. The amount of unethical business practices is startling. The job looks great at first but quickly becomes a cut throat hostile environment with managers Lacking the necessary skills to run a successful business, therefore a lot of finger pointing and hostile work environments come into play. Poor management and ill business practices will be why this company goes out of business.
Cons
Management, broken promises on contracts
Awful Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 26, 2017
I only work a month at this job the management is horrible. You have to make a sales quote and if you go over the quote your co workers would geg mad. Co workers are unprofessional well burp and cuss in front of customers. Discount was only 20% unless it's over 100 dollars then it's only 20 dollars off. Also mangers will assign customers to you so you can't just go talk to someone which is stupid.
Pros
Meet nice people
Cons
Short breaks, mangement, dirty break room, dirty bathroom
Fun place to work, but not a permenant job
Full- Time Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2017
Regardless of the fun and exploration nature of the business:

Full-time as an associate is 30hrs minimum per week which is not ideal nor the position nor pay.
Corporate is constantly changing policies and enforcing new ones that make no sense nor benefit its staff positively.
Regardless of how hard you sale each day and each week, if sales and traffic were not ideal and you end up not meeting your quota for the month. . .you get reprimanded

Overall, its a fun job for those looking for something new and different type of atmosphere. But not somewhere I'd work permanently as a Sales Associate
Pros
Open-minded environment, Great atmosphere, Sales Contest for prizes and bonuses
Cons
Short Breaks, Short lunch, Not enough hours, Minimum Wage, Inconsistent Hours
poor management and worked and treated like slaves
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 4, 2017
Pispoor management starting from the owners thinking they are better than everyone and could never be wrong at anything. The corporate managers act like they are doing you a favor by over working you and under paying you. They do not clean or fix things in a timely manor. The store manager is an absolute moron that has zero management capabilities and is only out for himself and will stab his employees in the back at the drop of a hat. The assistant store managers do a better job managing than the store manager and they get let go if the store manager doesn't like them or can't manipulate them. The sales staff run around fighting each other for sales and stealing each other's customers because they want you to act like used car salesmen.
Not for everyone
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 17, 2017
This place can get stressful its like corp mirco manages. Its basically a sales job you have to hit numbers or they demote or replace you. There is no understanding from corp. All they want is results. They do not care about a work/life balance. They dont want you to discuss pay because someone in a lower position or even they same position could be making up to $3 more then you. If you want to be in sales its an ok job. long term no way. Once you hit management there is no where else to go.
Pros
you can win free toys and sometimes at training they give free stuff
Cons
mirco management, pay work life balance
It was ok
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 13, 2017
the upper Mgmt has a tendency of having favorites. Which was known amongst the store. They hires a different personalities athat did not mesh well which made it awkward some days
Pros
they did not hire the right persoanalites