Castle Metals Employee Reviews in Janesville, WI

Poorly Managed
previous employee (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 15, 2019
Company couldn't pay their bills, but would pay the upper management too much. Upper management could drive around in SUV Lexus, but not employees. Upper management didn't care about employees.
Very "Clicky" company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 1, 2018
If you're not "one of the boys", your tenure at Castle Metals will be short lived. Moreover, if you complain that you don't have the right tools to do the job safely, again, you wont be long with the company. They expect you to lift 165lb bars of steel without a magnet on the end of your crane (which is required equipment). you also get the run around with regard to your uniform so be prepared to ruin your own clothes. there are some there who have waited 2-3mo and still haven't received their uniform in entirety. Also just to let you know, if you were told by the recruiting HR representative in Oak Brook, IL (Headquarters) that you would start at $14.50/hr then between $16-$17/hr after 90 days probationary period. just get that right out of your head. That is an out and out lie.
Pros
Insurance from the first day, and 120hrs PTO first year
Cons
Insurance taken away last day of employmeny. cut-throat company
Constantly worried about losing your job.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WI 53546May 23, 2018
Castle is a very good place to work, if you are in th managements pocket. If you are not, look out! I was broadsided with my departure of my job, because of business decline. Which made no sense since I knew the sales to profit and loss. Castle wanted to save on bonuses that were to be paid out for on time deliveries and by eliminating my position, it did that in less than a week.
Castle is by far one of the most backwards companies I've ever worked for. If you do well and actually produce, you will be let go. They keep the slow, bad attitudes, and over all lazy employees to maintain a below threshold on time delivery now. It's sad.
I do not recommend this company at all, it opened their Janesville facility to receive tax write offs and will most likely will close this facility within the next few years. The management team will bold face lie to you, say one thing and do another.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, hours.
Cons
Management, laziness, and overall bad working atmosphere
slow pace and nice enviorment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 30, 2017
Castle metals is a new growing company the staff is great,work is fun and layed back but pushes you a little. If you show up on time and do your job to the best off your abilities you should do great.
Pros
give three breaks
Cons
new company starting always a glitch in some way or form
Poor planing of a company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 19, 2017
I have been working for AM Castle from the very beginning and all I can say is that it is the most mismanaged, terrible excuse for a company that I have ever worked for. First off I will start with the biggest issue which is the insurance. Apparently when AM. Castle came to Wisconsin I guess they just assumed the coverage would come with them, which it didn't. The bill that you will get will prove this fact. Second new hires make two dollars less then everyone else for reasons I do not know. Lastly the management is the the most lazy group of individuals I have ever seen in my life. Will take a fair amount of patience to deal with them on a day to day basis.
Pros
nothing
Cons
zero chances for advancement, terrible benifits, and uncaring management
they want production with out supplying the employees what they need
Operator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 20, 2017
they make it difficult to work when they dont listen their people and make things happen without the red tape. it can be every frustrating for anybody.
Great place to work.
Warehousemen, saw operator Material handler (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WI 53546January 31, 2017
After a jump start meeting about tasks of the day cutting and moving orders to be shipped. packing orders as needed. logging work completed. clean up areas to leave for next shift.