Castle Metals Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Underpaid for duties performed
Bi-Lingual Administrative Assistant / AP (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CANovember 2, 2017
Provide accounts payable service for vendors
Submit Purchase Orders
Handle high volume customer requests (ie. additional paperwork, ETA, tracking information, etc)
Completed additional office projects
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
Underpaid
Hard working & dedicated employees.
Administrative Assistant/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 13, 2013
The people are very welcoming and due to the years that most of been there, they know the business. The longevity at this company is amazing. For anyone who hasn't worked in the metal industry it can be overwhelming. Customers requesting specific types of metal, in specific measurements, if you aren't a quick learner one can get lost and cause the company and the customers lots of money. I'm grateful for my time spent at Castle Metals.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
At times lack of communication from corporate.
Temp assignment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 10, 2012
I worked as the receptionist @ castle metals....this was a permently temporary position. It was a good place to learn the skills needed for my next adventure...most people there have been their for many years. HR was extremely nice. Sales team was friendly but did not like there orders being audited (which was my task to reveiw and have them sign off on errors I found) Sales team was not willing to make changes which was very frusterating on my end....but the best part of working here was that they provided free box lunches about once a week...awesomeness!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not open to change or new ideas