Castle Metals Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Very "Clicky" company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 1, 2018
If you're not "one of the boys", your tenure at Castle Metals will be short lived. Moreover, if you complain that you don't have the right tools to do the job safely, again, you wont be long with the company. They expect you to lift 165lb bars of steel without a magnet on the end of your crane (which is required equipment). you also get the run around with regard to your uniform so be prepared to ruin your own clothes. there are some there who have waited 2-3mo and still haven't received their uniform in entirety. Also just to let you know, if you were told by the recruiting HR representative in Oak Brook, IL (Headquarters) that you would start at $14.50/hr then between $16-$17/hr after 90 days probationary period. just get that right out of your head. That is an out and out lie.
Pros
Insurance from the first day, and 120hrs PTO first year
Cons
Insurance taken away last day of employmeny. cut-throat company
Good place to learn about aerospace products
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 3, 2018
Great company overall with a great work atmosphere and great coworkers and good benefits, however branch level management is lacking in there responsibilities as far as giving reviews and handling issues
Pros
good benefits, great co-workers
Cons
poor branch level management
slow pace and nice enviorment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 30, 2017
Castle metals is a new growing company the staff is great,work is fun and layed back but pushes you a little. If you show up on time and do your job to the best off your abilities you should do great.
Pros
give three breaks
Cons
new company starting always a glitch in some way or form
Poor planing of a company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 19, 2017
I have been working for AM Castle from the very beginning and all I can say is that it is the most mismanaged, terrible excuse for a company that I have ever worked for. First off I will start with the biggest issue which is the insurance. Apparently when AM. Castle came to Wisconsin I guess they just assumed the coverage would come with them, which it didn't. The bill that you will get will prove this fact. Second new hires make two dollars less then everyone else for reasons I do not know. Lastly the management is the the most lazy group of individuals I have ever seen in my life. Will take a fair amount of patience to deal with them on a day to day basis.
Pros
nothing
Cons
zero chances for advancement, terrible benifits, and uncaring management
Great Job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILFebruary 15, 2016
Poor management decisions, which caused poor on-time delivery and customer satisfaction. Company chose too many directions to be involved in at once.