Castle Rock Adventist Hospital

Working at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Good benefits, enjoyment of job depends on management

Pretty easy job for the pay. Decent benefits and time off. It can be hard to deal with all the personalities at the job, but, overall, it's okay. The management is very hands off, but tolerable.

I really enjoyed my time at CRA. It’s a small crew, but the work load was always manageable. You do a combo of X-rays, Fluoro and OR. There was a tiny bit of hesitation from some staff to partake in certain things like OR or Fluoro. I was even told once that “only females do the Fluoro” which really irritated me as I am competent in all areas of my job. I feel like all techs should be able to perform competently in X-ray, Fluoro and OR if you’re working in a hospital. It really hinders the team if each person is only trained in one thing. Other than that, I really did love working there.

Pros

Easy place to work

Cons

Not all staff is trained in all areas

Castle Rock Adventist Hospital insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Terrible upper management/good benefits

CNO and directors do not care about employees at all. They only cate about you falling in line. If you give any suggestions that they do not like they will actually tell you to stop suggesting and send texts and emails saying they do not want to hear anymore. We have lost many good employees that did not fall in line because of this. Morale has gone down and is horrible. The floor leaders we had that actually cared have left and we are left with directors and CNOs that can’t do and don’t understand the jobs of their staff. Centura has gotten better with pay and become more competitive with other companies. The nurses are amazing and the only reason I stay.

Pros

Nursing staff

Cons

Directors, Cno

Great community hospital feel with resources of a large system

Great place to work! Everyone pitches into help when it is busy! Very open to new ideas and improving the culture. A great opportunity to broaden your skills.

Friendly staff. Great and very helpful manager

Very friendly staff.the manage was very respecting and avalable any time you need help.I enjoyed working in CRAH as a CT technologiest. I gain alot for experiance and confidence.

Pros

Great work enviroment

Great place to work!! Professional and friendly staff. The nursing staff work well together as a team. We work together to benefit the patient and their family.

excellent small hospital

I was working in the PACU evening shift and shortly after joining the organization, I was asked to be charge RN at this facility. I enjoyed my short time there, but after working with a travel nurse there, I decided it was the right time in life to make the leap. Manager at the time, said he would welcome me back anytime.

A typical day is just cleaning and making sure everything is clean and sanitary. Also, doing discharges and daily room cleaning. I learned how to deep clean very well before I never had housekeeping experience. Management says open door and you can talk to them but I feel there is no work-life balance. The hardest part of my job is being short staffed all the time and not having help or having complaints within the employees that work doesn't get done. The thing I enjoy the most is being able to talk with the patients and nurses and just knowing that I am making a difference just cleaning.

Pros

Free lunch up to $7, benefits

Cons

Being understaffed

productive and organized

A Typical day was the cleaning and waiting for people to sit your section and after they had sat down i would take there order and try to got them there food and drinks.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

the people

Good

I would recommend working at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital. It provides a positive working environment. It is a small community hospital that offers great care.

Not a Good Experience

I worked in the pharmacy for 3 years. At first, management was very friendly and encouraging. Over time I realized that the manager really didn't notice how hard I worked and how much I contributed. Over the years, I saw several employees quit or get fired under mysterious circumstances. Shortly before I resigned, the manager accused me of stealing and suspended me for a week. This was the first time in my life that I have ever been treated like a thief. It was traumatic and humiliating. I was just another employee that left mysteriously.

Pros

Good benefits. Nice facility. Management friendly for a couple of years.

Cons

Favoritism for one employee. Suggestions for improvement constantly refused.

Good temp job

I appreciate the atmosphere and the culture in Centura. However when they drop in business departments get cut immediately and people are thrown around without regards to how it will affect them. I guess that's just the nature of the beast.

Pros

Amazing cafe

Cons

Holidays are unpaid

Nice environment - unfriendly management

It was a tense atmosphere when they brought in the new CEO. It did not matter how well you did, if the CEO wants to get rid of you, he has his ways - even lying on your performance eval. If you cannot be a team with your boss, there is no use in staying.

Pros

Attractive environment

Cons

Unfriendly atmosphere and top management

productive, fast paced enviroment

While at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital I provided exceptional service when dealing with patients. We had to pay attention to detail whether we were preparing patient trays. We also had to provide exceptional customer service when dealing with local customers and/or hospital staff members.

Pros

free lunches, competitive pay, fun environment, exceptional benefits

Cons

driving distance was really far from Aurora, Co.

New hospital with slowly building cardiac service line

The hospital doesn't have a Cardiologist assigned or hired by the facility so we struggle with cases. We do Interventional Radiology cases often and do some pain clinic cases. The team is great The hardest part of the job is watching patients that should be treated wait until a Cardiologist can show up to do the procedure.

Cons

very slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits