CastleBranch

85 CastleBranch Employee Reviews in Wilmington, NC

Wilmington, NC85 reviews

CastleBranch insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Castlebranch is a great place to work if you don't like being paid

Castlebranch is not an ideal place to work. It's not that they don't have an awesome company culture, or good management, or anything of that nature. It's just that nobody gets compensated well for the work they do. Like just understand, that before you work at Castlebranch, everyone else in town will be making significantly more than you as a Castlebranch employee. Even if you're a manager, you're making a lot less compared to the other managers in town (while doing more work). For context as to how poorly compensated people are: I know dishwashers at restaurants downtown and at the beach, who make more than Castlebranch's top performers in each department. It's really bad how poorly people are compensated there.Employees at Castlebranch are actually impoverished too. I've spoken with many a co-worker who mentioned that they were struggling with bills or some other financial stressor. And it stinks because I know that the CEO does a decent amount of charity work around town, and I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if a good amount of Castlebranch employees received said charity.I stayed at Castlebranch for nine months, and was often identified as a high performing/role model employee, yet they paid me poverty wages. So I left, started working in the food industry, and now I've doubled my pay while working half as much, and pursuing my passions and other goals.When HR asked why I (a high performing employee) was leaving, I told them it's because of a lack of compensation paired with Wilmington's high rent prices. Their response: "yeah, renting in Wilmington is atrocious", -

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Low wages

Their "cool" company is false advertising

Candidates/new hires are made to think that they can tier up easily and get additional raises quickly but come to find out the criteria to tier up is almost completely unattainable. The executives enjoy tons of luxuries but then tell everyone else at CB that they don't have enough money to give people raises or bonuses. Instead, their version of appreciation towards their employees is randomly giving out candy. Almost every department is understaffed by at least 30%, so everyone is completely overworked and so many things fall through the cracks. Turnover is atrocious (seriously, go look at how many open positions they have right now) and so much energy and effort is spent in training staff that are bound to leave within 6 months. If the executive management were to change, there might be some positive changes at CB, but I don't anticipate that happening. They will sell you on what a cool place it is to work, but please don't buy into it - it is completely false advertising. If you were to get a tour of the inside of the buildings, (which they won't do because of strict covid protocols) you would be astounded at how many unhappy people you see.

Pros

Most of the people (non-management) are really good, hardworking people and willing to help others out

Cons

Understaffed, underpaid, and overworked, hardly anyone outside of management and sales gets raises/bonuses, HR is unresponsive and unorganized, high turnover rate, random layoffs, have to wear your mask even if you're alone in your office

Underpaid

This place shamelessly underpay their employees and then act like they don't understand why they have such a high turn over; also, they don't want you talk about, joke or complain about it like it is a big secret...

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Salary and benefits are WELL below market

Overworked Underpaid

Entry level positions do not pay a livable wage for this area. They Re-named entry level positions such as Customer Service Representative and Call Center Representative to something else called User Experience Specialist / Help Desk and pay only $11. It's a high call volume call center. You will spend 8hrs making inbound outbound calls everyday. 30min lunch. You need to average alot of calls for 90days. After 90days you realise you will never take enough calls or diffuse enough calls to qualify for a $1 raise. No integrity. Sarcastic supervisors. People quit every few weeks shortly after training.

Pros

Plenty of Parking

Cons

Very Low Pay / Sarcastic Supervisors

Horrible pay and lies

The seats provided do not reach the height of the desk causing physical pain. They require you to log your temperature twice a day every day in an app that doesn't work 50% of the time. They promise advancement by setting metric goals and prevent you from achieving them by only providing half the training they promise during orientation. Mind numbingly repetitive responsibilities. Cold and smelly working conditions. They micromanage you hour by hour. Worst job I have ever had in my entire life by a mile.

Pros

Absolutely none

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Okay place to work

The company itself is a great, the management is horrible! Worked there for 5 years and the last 2 were absolutely terrible because of my supervisor. I finally had enough and turned my notice in and quit this past spring- best feeling in the world doing what was best for me and my family. I stayed as long as I did because of COVID and because....well that supervisor made me feel like I couldn't do better or find better anywhere else.

Pros

Great coworkers, benefits etc

Cons

Horrible supervisors, high expectations but low pay

Supportive Management

I enjoy the environment and management has always been so supportive, however; a raise here is hard to achieve. The tiering is numbers based over quality so to anyone who is providing excellent customer service but not getting those numbers, it’s degrading and makes people not care about quality of services just to get a raise.

Ok Place - high turn over...

Typical day at work:Wrestling with 5 or so number 1 - high priorities that where assigned by PMO without looking at resources constrains.Learn:I didn't learn much tech wise giving our stack is pretty old.Management:Really need to understand that if everything is high priority then nothing is a high priority...Work place culture:A+ People are pretty coolHardest part of the job:Working with an old stack, low salary and below market benefits.Most enjoyable:My coworkers were the best!

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Old stack, low salary and below market benefits

Preform or else

They expect performance perfection and high volume. Before covid it was really nice the perks like the beer and campus bit you can no longer enjoy those things.

Great place to work and move up in!

I honestly loved working at castlebranch! The only reason i left was because of the pay and distance that i was driving to get there, but the people are super friendly , everything from the culture to the buildings are so welcoming and home feeling! i definitely recommend any and everyone to work here.

Pros

food trucks, friendly people, location, room for growth in the company

Cons

pay

It was okay

It was an okay place to work for the time I needed it. I liked that we were able to work from home but the pay was little and there is a constant influx of work.

Very structured and great understanding of teamwork.

Overall, an amazing place to work. The training is very detailed and the staff with experience is more than helpful. A great company to grow in and get experience. I will miss working for this company for sure. The supervisor there are more than fair about any issues that may come up. This company very much cares for their employees and it shows.

Pros

Great benefits compared to other companies

Cons

Working during covid can make the work volume very high at sometimes

Terrible environment. Poor management and leadership It really felt like a cult environment. No straight answers from people whom "worked"in the main office

Challenging and frustrating

Working on the phones can be very frustrating and stressful. Once you learn the system, you'll get faster, but the stress is still there. I do applaud their effort to have mostly women in management, however that's where the inclusion stops. There is only one person of color in management. The pay is also seriously lacking for the effort that is required of you. You can grow and move w/in the company which allows you to set personal and professional goals.

Pros

Nice work environment, room for growth

Cons

Pay, stress factor

productive and fun working

Sometimes it can be overwhelming. If you get the concept of it you could do great things there. Great team to work for they are helpful when need be. You work at a desk they have places you can fill a cup with water, or have coffee and hot tea as well.

Horrible place to work

The overall experience I had there wasn’t very pleasant. With this being my first time in a field such as this, I was given very little training to begin with, and while trying to figure out how to work on my own tasks that are for my specific job, I’m also being made to do tasks that I’m not required to do. Management is also very stressful on you as a worker to get at least 100+ calls done every day, and it sounds easy, but you’ll have to deal with long holds, wrong numbers, having to system crashes, etc. And rather helping you through these issues, management would stick their heads in the sand, and basically tell you to “deal with it”. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN

Pros

Food truck and vending machines......pretty much it

Cons

Over worked, under paid. Stress.

Take care of employees

I have never worked a job that took care of the employees like Castle Branch does. It's the same job everyday, you must meet standards and do so many reports an hour but I truly enjoyed it and would go back!

Terrible Experience

I put in a notice for almost three weeks in advance and was forced to quit the same day I put in the notice. Earlier on in my time at the company, I had to go into quarantine due to a couple of roommates getting COVID. CastleBranch made me quarantine for twice as long (literally) as them. I asked CastleBranch to lessen my quarantine because my roommates got cleared, and I never had any symptoms. They said they would get back to me but did not do so until the day they had set for the quarantine to end. Do yourself a favor and don't work there.

Good job but low pay equals high turnover

Overall a decent company to work for. Pay needs to be better and management likes to micro manage. Insurance benefits are okay. Overall I enjoyed my time working at castlebranch.

Pros

food trucks, free gym on site

Cons

low pay, micro management

Great management, long hours

Overall, I stayed at CastleBranch as long as I did because the implementation manager was FANTASTIC. Some deadlines for setting up accounts were unreasonable (10+ accounts with multiple extras that required vendor contact to be set up by the next day...nope, not happening). I got along with most of my coworkers, though there were some who got passive-aggressive when given errors during the quality control required before account setups were completed. When I arrived, rules were inconsistently enforced for account setups, but we worked together as a team to create a massive overhaul for the implementation procedures and standardize what was enforced during account setups.The group I was hired with was the first hired for my position from outside the company. I think CB mainly sticks to hiring internally for the implementation and review teams. If you're interested in working data entry, phones, or sales, though, this is a good "in" to get to a job you may want more in this company. 4/5 stars - good if you're willing to work some long hours during the summer months for fairly low pay with a great manager.

Pros

Food trucks, casual workplace, free beer/drinks after work, good on-site benefits (gym, massage, etc.)

Cons

Low pay, some unreasonable deadlines, some passive-aggression with teams

They hire super young people in order to justify a low wage

Overall I am grateful for Castle Branch because it gave me some experience on my resume to find a better job, but it was not a professional environment. I noticed that they hire young people who are also young minded to do the job of a professional. They seem to do this to pay super low wages. Their turnover rate is insane because they fire people if they can’t handle the million tasks they give you and they use snacks and a game room to offset their major flaws. Smokers also take a million breaks a day with no repercussions along with managers, while nonsmokers pay the price. I could go on forever about this place. Just know that if you’re a professional looking to be paid fairly and want job security, this isn’t a place for you. And know that I left that place for a job paying $15 and my manager at that time told me she didn’t even make that much as a supervisor with them! If you want snacks, low wage, a game room and a million tasks put on you with no pay increase after they see your talent...go for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CastleBranch. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6

InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
1.3Career Opportunities
1.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight