Castlight Health

Castlight Health Employee Reviews

United States25 reviews
Looks good on the outside, not so good after employed
I didnt work at Castlight for long. However, I learned a lot while I was there. I learned that the company had a "we are a family" structure. However, if you had a personal emergency or family problem and had to leave suddenly, you were punished. The management kept their thumbs on you. The work was very sporadic. Sometimes it was crazy busy, and other times, it was dead. We were scheduled for working during certain holidays that the rest of the company was scheduled off for. So we were the only team in the office working. It was very frustrating... Also, passed enhancement requests from various customers as well as myself to upper management for implementation. Felt like most of the time, those requests were disregarded...
Great working Environment
Great pay and benefits, wonderful culture, very inclusive environment. As long as you are willing to work hard you will succeed. Lots of upward movement for those seeking promotions.
Great work life balance/great employees
Castlight has a great company culture. The employees are great to work with fun and knowledgeable. They care very much about their work and the company as a whole.
Pros
Free lunche 2x a week. WFH options
Cons
downsizing and layoffs
Okay for beginners
It's a good place to work if you're starting out in the health tech space. There isn't too much upward mobility possible unless you're on the Customer Success side.
sad unfriendly uneasy environment
no Job security they tell you after 6 months its a possibility you can move on full time then they just keep extending the the months until they just let you go. they only need you for peek season thats it.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Started out really good. Devolved after time though.
To be completely honest, don't waste your time...unless you're seriously in desperate need of a job. It started off really cool, but with new management, things began to change drastically.
Amazing
Soup's always try their best and help, because there is not many of them we do rely on each other, it will never be 1 thing that changes it is a job where you have to run with it and learn what you can it is growing slowly but surely we will all learn and our work will 100% ready for any escalation or email pr case or member
Too long ago to recall
The experience/job was not memorable. Cannot recall any high or low points. Appreciated the opportunity, but can't recall any positive experience nor negative.
Castlight Review
Learned a lot about various benefit programs for large employers, still an organization trying to figure out its direction after combining a well-being program with medical search platform. Most of the day I find myself working in data specs or internal processes/needs and not really able to focus on my area of strength which is be strategic with the customer.
Nice pay terrible management
They need to get their managers in order and treat their employees with more respect and compassion. They also need to stop going behind all the real negative reviews and adding fake positive ones to make themselves look better instead of actually being better managers. You are literally being managed by a mini cult of hippie vegans that are closed-minded and judgemental unless you are like them.
Don't Care about Employees
What kind of company just closes a whole office down and leaves a whole center of people jobless and without any security? They obviously don't care about their employees if they have no issues with leaving almost 50 people without any type of way to provide for their families. Be careful because you never know how long your job will last with Castlight.

Upper-level management is callous and doesn't care about how laying off an entire office will affect their employees. However, the supervisors in-house are hardworking and dedicated. Unfortunately, they'll be losing their jobs as well.
Would not recommend
Alot of favoritism shown at this office. Weekly Quality reviews which can be overwhelming. Micromanaged and no raises unless you are promoted. Work overload due to lack of staff. No job security. Temporary employees are noticeably outcasted by management on a regular basis.
Pros
Free lunch once a week, snacks provided during the week
Cons
Favoritism, work overload, culture, management
Relaxed work environment with flaws
Working there was a pleasant experience at first with all the many perks and fairly simple and manageable work load. However, that was the beginning phases of the new company in Charlotte. Eventually management seemed to change their outlook on teamwork and transparency within the office.
Pros
Free lunch, good benefits, good work/life balance
Cons
Favoritism, miscommunication, lack of transparency
Good
I was an intern there for summer. It was a great experience as a intern. Got to learn a lot and the intern program was greatly structured. I appreciate the HR team.
Pros
Free lunches
Good company
I came to work at this company as a consultant and felt like one. Internals have a much better life with the company. The perks and benefits are comparable to the Bay area companies.
Workplace Culture
Castlight is on a mission to changing healthcare and you are definitely inspired my the environment that the leadership created. The company has invested in culture and making sure that employees feel part of the family. For me, the best part about the company are the people.
Pros
Free lunch on Friday, tons of culture events, great healthcare benefits
Cons
recently went through mass layoffs and let go of some really great people
Castlight Health is an innovative company with motivated individuals, motivated management, and a strong mission.
Castlight Health provides full autonomy to its employee in service of its mission. Each day is full of hard work, learning opportunities, and fun times.
Good intentions, unclear execution
People and culture are conducive to making decisions and getting things done and in a customer-centric way. However, communication, process, and governance is lacking and creates unintended problems downstream for the user.
Pros
Free snacks, Friday lunches
Cons
Slim benefits backage
Exhausting but motivating
The average workweek is packed - full of change, new projects/directions, customer need and meetings. Can be quite exhausting, and exhilirating. many of us exist on fumes and adenalin!
Pros
Smart and dedicated employees
Cons
DIsorganized internal leadership
disguised call center
It is a good placeholder job. Leadership shows too much favoritism. Huge lack of communication, lousy training matched with buggy software and high expectations. Very stressful and not much support.

the most enjoyable- free lunch on Wednesdays and snack throughout the week.
Pros
benefits, culture, company values
Cons
leadership, communication, high turnover
Awesome Company to work
Awesome Company to work. great benefits and working environment is really nice. you can always develop your carrier while being in the company. management is really nice and responsible
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Castlight Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.7
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
4.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight