Castro & Company Employee Reviews

I was referred to this company so I thought it would be a graet place to work.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 21, 2018
They let me go after they saying they couldn't find work. I think they shouldn't send you to clines who are known for trouble. I left my job to only get fired aND they didn't stand up to the clisn't at all. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!
great small consulting firm
Staff Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 8, 2017
I have been with Castro for over a year. It is a small government consulting Firm with lots of potential and provides opportunity for growth.

They have a great office conveniently located in the heart of old Town Alexandria. The Christmas Parties, planned happy hours/meetings create a great camaraderie with co-workers.
Pros
location, small firm
Cons
small firm, small salary
Ok work
Heavy equipment mechnaic (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PASeptember 21, 2015
Was a great place to work at, hrs were Monday through Friday, only bad thing is when it rained, snowed, or cold weather they would cut hours.
Great company to work for!
Staff Auditor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 29, 2015
Castro & Company is a great CPA Accounting firm to work for. It's a smaller company that is growing rapidly creating new opportunities for employees. One of the great things about a smaller company is that I can talk to senior management and ask for advice anytime, a great open door policy. The company culture, work-life balance, and people are wonderful, I enjoy coming to work every single day.
Pros
Opportunity, Culture & Management
Supportive CEO / Emerging Leader in the realm of Federal Consulting
Advisory Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 15, 2015
I've been here a few years, but this year it seems that they are really exploding with new employees. Our clients and those companies that we team with seem to love the Castro & Company employees. There are lots of companies doing the same type of federal advisory work for the federal government, but probably few companies with the quality of leadership that we have here. They truly support us while we are on client site.
Pros
Stability, opportunity, executive leadership
Cons
work from home opportunities are limited
Rewarding & fun company that accomplishes its missions for its clients.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 10, 2014
I oversaw the continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.