Castrol Premium Lube Express

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun place to work, they treat you like family. You quickly become part of the team

Its a nice place to work, they feed you, treat you like family, they pay pretty well, the team is pretty good and they make the experience and being there more enjoyable. Management could be a little more ironed out, little more trust in other employees and managers.

Pros

Free lunches, feeling part of the team/family, great co-workers

Cons

Not many benefits, perhaps one too many pet-peeves

Only good for short term employment

This company is fine if you need something to get you by while you look for something better, or gain some experience to help you get to the next step in your career, but not for a long term career. Unless you're lucky enough to get assigned to one of the "core" stores, there's little to no communication directly between upper management and store staff, the pay is subpar, and the stores are falling apart. Insurance doesn't actually pay for much, and isn't worth spending money on. "Profit sharing" is a joke. Again, if you're desperate, this company is fine as a stepping stone, but don't expect to be happy here long term.

Pros

Flexible schedules, 45 hour maximum workweeks

Cons

Poor communication for a small company, no real room for advancement except for core store personnel, poor benefits, poor pay for industry standards

the customers were happy when they left

Loved my receptionist job very much. I hate that the owner sold the business as I enjoyed it very much. Always looked forward to going to work. Miss the customers and talking to them.

Pros

customers were happy with the way we did business

Cons

Upset the owner's sold the business

Dope hole

if you're going to work in Hiram Georgia be aware that the owner of this location will not pay you while you're there he'll clock you out if the weather gets weird but required to stay at work he won't pay you for the extra things you do they will call you names they will lie to you they will cheat you they will file false police reports with your names on them saying you crashed cars you never touched I could keep going just don't work

Not all locations are bad.

My location was a pretty cool location to work at for the most part. some of the people that work there made it uncomfortable. The customers are awesome though!

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great place

It’s a good fun place to work but if you have a problem with work don’t apply they will work with you on most things but not all. Overall though it’s a good place to work

Great customer service, we take care of any concern or need you have for your car.

Working here I’ve had the chance to meet so many wonderful people, just giving great customer service to people who simply need to have confidence they are safe on the road. We break the whole process down to our customers always ensuring they are in good hands pointing out any concerns they should have. At the same time we work efficiently as possible to make sure the customer is happy and safe on the road.

Horrible

I was hired as the manager the micromanaging is insane.The owner and his wife only care about there pockets.I was told I'm salaried so they dont care if I get lunch or not.I was called in the office on a Saturday and was told I walked past a shop rag on the floor and hes making a Management change.He told me I did a great job and if I need a good job reference he would give me one.My thing is if I'm doing a good job why am I getting fired he just wanted to bring the old manager back.

Castrol

I enjoyed gaining the experience at this company. The salary was sub par. I did not get paid enough for the work I was doing there. Had given extra responsibilities and was not compensated for it.

Too Demanding

Manager didn't answer phone calls from certain employees. Penalties for clocking in early AND late from break. District manager never show up. Store manager snitches on Everything

Pros

Cons

The entire establishment

Great people with amazing skill, work wthic and honesty.

.I enjoy my job and look forward to going to work everyday. This shop and its employees are supportive, knowledgeable and have no problem teaching if you want to learn and earn your ase certifications.

Horrible.

From the beginning it started off bad. Supervisor didn't let manager do anything productive, always micro managing everything. When manager finally given role things started looking up making sales gain clients, but once the manager left and three supervisor came back working there became horrible. Never would recommend anyone to work there.

Pros

Off days.

Cons

Everything.

Sucked

Manager sucked Manager sucked The whole job sucked. It was very slow. Little business. Manager didnt know what he was doing half the time. The training was the worst. Good thing i knew what i was doing.

Drug Addicted Management doesn't care about you

I was cleaning a coworkers area, which is in a separate building from mine altogether, while all other coworkers were sleeping or eating not doing their jobs. I hit my head and injured myself quite badly in the head and nose. No workers compensation action filed; they actually fired me a few hours later of a completely made-up scenario.

Need better pay for location.

They just need to at least start paying more than just starting people off with $9 and hour. I say at least $10 and hour. And 50 cents more if you pass Emissions. They started me off with $9 and I had experience with cars and changing oil and fluids etc. But before I left I was paid $10 and hour after being there 3months but I felt betrayed when they gave a assistant manager position to someone who had no knowledge of what's under a hood. But had body work experience on cars instead. I went to school for a year and was also ASE certified in certain things under the hood of a car. And I also had management experience before on my resume.

Pros

Laid back and plenty of hours if wanted.

Cons

Lack of pay

Working at Castrol

Was not the right environment for me. It is a small shop that takes on big things. It just does not work. I would not suggest working there unless you need a job as badly as I did at the time.

Management at Castrol Sucked.

The manager at Castrol in Spanish Fork, Utah told me if there was anything I wanted out of the customers car to make sure it fit in the vacuum. Not many vehicles came in, you didn't get a lunch break, and it was usually one person on the job or two.

nice facility-good equipment-very poor managment

The assistant manager was the worst person i've ever met. lazy, smelly and incompetent. Everyone else was great we worked as a team and got every task finished in a timely manner. The shop was clean and organized and the equipment was in good working order.

Pros

easy fun job

Cons

slow seasons

Good Environment

It has its ups and downs- what i have learned there the clients either come all at once or not at all- we are a first come first serve basis. We have a really close works-manship between us there. Getting to meet some of the military that serve our country, and knowing that we are giving all customers proper service.

to high strung and not enough encouragment

a typical day at work would be oil changes transmission services..and then cleaning all day..i learned that managers can be very un appreciative towards the hardest working people

Cons

medical ins.

Easy fast paced environment

Work is a fast paced environment. Management is okay. The hardest part of the job is getting customers in. It's nice to hear customers appreciating our work on their vehicles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Castrol Premium Lube Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Castrol Premium Lube Express