CATALYST FITNESS Employee Reviews

Not what I expected
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 14, 2018
After working 5 yrs 2nd in seniority in my job area,you would think I would be well off.without a verbal or written warning I was fired.due to complaints from parents and staff.who knew? Also you work weekends and holidays don’t get holiday pay.mininum wage hardly a raise if any.managers are hiring people younger and younger management seems to not care about you
Very slow work environment
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 7, 2018
Overall only a few workers were committed to their jobs. The majority of workers were either on their cell phones or talking for hours to other gym memebers trying to waste time while on the clock.
Pros
Free gym membership and constant work schedule
Cons
Over relaxed employees and managers.
N/a
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Come in clock in
Greet guests
checkin members
make some shakes
was my home and my family while i worked there
Never had a job that i loved so much
Uncomfortable enviroment
Front Desk Associate/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYApril 19, 2017
The place is very corrupt. They don't take into consideration the work ethic of all the good employees and keep every single poor worker. As a member, I can see it just when i am there working out. All good employees are taken for granted and abused by higher authority. All of the managers/bosses think they can do whatever they want and they can, without consequence. it makes me sick to watch.
fun and upbeat atmosphere
Assistant General Manager, Catalyst Express (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYFebruary 15, 2017
The days always went by quickly at this job. It's an upbeat and fun environment to work in the the management is very flexible and accommodating if you have family priorities.
Fun place to work
Fitness Professional (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJanuary 19, 2017
I love all my co-workers. Compensation and benefits could definitely be better. I get to make my own schedule which is great, but I work long/odd hours because that is when my clients need me.
Pros
Fun work environment.
Cons
Odd schedule.
Amazing work environment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Assist Clients in daily workouts, along with monthly client write ups. Management is very helpful with work flow, along with client sales and relations. Co-workers are upbeat and easy to work with providing a team atmosphere, which helps promote our goals in health and wellness.
Pros
Free gym membership
Not a great option if you are trying to earn a iving
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 7, 2016
Below I have listed a few pros and cons. If you are applying to work here, be aware. It is one of, the two or three PT Studios in the area.

Pros:

Free time to work second job
Minimal micromanagement
experience with challenging client base

Cons:

low pay
very few clients
minimal growth
unnecessary commute for 1-2 sessions per day
non-personable management
no pay for group session no shows
minimum wage pay

You will be asked to cover group training, and will not be compensated for no show, or travel cost/time. You may be asked to train 1 session per day, or return to work, for 1 group session. Time consuming, and low compensation, regardless of the wages in Spokane.
Fun and Healthy Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Depew, NYFebruary 4, 2013
Catalyst is an enjoyable place to work with a tight-knit group of employees and members that feel like family. Managers believe in employees and help them to excel. Catalyst's healthy lifestyle and positive energy helps employees to be motivated and successful.