Catalyst Employee Reviews

Catalyst was ran by someone who was very unprofessional
Residential Officer (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKApril 6, 2018
A lot of the female inmates was being treated unfairly and the administration was very unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend anyone to be employed with Catalyst.
not good management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 3, 2018
i was a cook for catalyst and oklahoma half way house. the job started off pretty good but working with inmates can be some work. my boss always blame others for they problems or mistakes. co-worker i work with was nasty did not clean after they self. i was called the "n" work a lot disrespected a lot but i never let it interfere with my job.i cook for 250 people by myself i also helped in case management help the guards with count checking rooms in my spare time. catalyst lost they contract with d.o.c.so i am with out a job but is currently receiving unemployment.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks just free time til its time to get lunch and dinner ready
Work Experience
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHDecember 12, 2017
This company is typical of most. With the right supervisor, the company is a good place to work. The management staff is supportive. The job can be a very rewarding experience.
thanks
Customer Service Representative-Call Center (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 8, 2017
great culture, managements was great people to meet and work with, i learned how to work in a call center, did not taking money from older people enjoyed talking to them
Productive work place with a fast environment
Certified Forklift operator / Warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 26, 2017
They treat their workers like dogs. No employee appreciation whatsoever.

The pay was good, but the supervisors were bullies.

I also enjoyed the other employees.
Ok for beginning your career
Developer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2017
Catalyst was a good start for me to get my feet in the door of the developing world. The pay is not good at all compared to the work we put out and to the other developer available on the market. They were on the cusps of a melt down before I left and laid off more than half of its staff. The one definite positive about them is the culture. They are a fun going bunch of people always looking to nurture your development.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Good short-term company
Customer Service Sr (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 12, 2017
This is not a company to stay at. The benefits are good, but there is no room for advancement, unfortunately.
The culture is negative and it is clear that management does not approve or care about what is happening.
Flexible and challenging work environment
Director of Marketing and Communications (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 12, 2017
I have loved my time here. Two promotions, open-minded and fair owners, challenging work environment, great people with incredible intelligence, and flexibility and support everywhere I turn.
Pros
bagels on friday, ability to work from home, high salaries, lots of free time
Very Great Family Business
Manufacturing Technician II (Supplement) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2016
This business is a wonderful place to be! They allowed me to find better practices to prepare batches and they were open to suggestions. I loved the laid back atmosphere along with the family outlook on the company.
Pros
Open to Listen to new ideas; flexible on work/personal time
Cons
No advancement
Awesome company that helps those in need.
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Scott County, KY, Woodford County, Fayette CountyJuly 17, 2016
I create my own work schedule that meets the needs of families in need. I work through the school system in Fayette, Scott, and Woodford counties to seek out children and their families who need counseling assistance. The supervision is excellent to ensure I am staying on point in the helping process and the management encourages a team environment to create the best helping solutions for the children and their families.
Help with job
Employment Consulting Trainee (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJune 14, 2016
It was a great place to learn to look for jobs and great people to be around. It help a lot with jobs
stressful place to work, not enough manpower
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rumford, MEMarch 18, 2016
My job was to follow all customer orders, from the time they entered our system, until the customer received their order. I was in constant communication with all hourly production personnel, to ensure the right product was being manufactured. I was also in charge of the Shipping personnel to ensure the right vehicles were loaded, on time. I would schedule trims on the salvage winders to cover shortages on orders. I worked with customer service reps in Ohio, to expedite orders or replace damaged product. I was the shift supervisor for the Shipping dept. in charge of crew meetings, time cards, safety talks, etc.
I learned a lot of computer skills, keeping track of records for my crew. I had to file Hyster safety sheets, and crane safety sheets, each day.
I loved working with the hourly people, they worked as a team with me. Every day we would brainstorm ideas to accomplish our goals.
The hardest part of the job was working with limited staffing. There were no extra people, so we worked short handed, in the event of a call out. There were also limited vehicles to load. The yard would be full of trailers, but the ones for critical loads,that needed to ship right away, would not be available.
Pros
A dedicated work force
Cons
Lack of resources to accomplish the job.
Great people
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 10, 2016
Work hard play hard... a lot of opportunity... great management team with great experience... generous owner... open to new ideas
Productive Place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 18, 2015
I've learned to have good quality in production and the day always go by smooth. My co-workers say I'm a great team player and it never was a day when it was the hardest part of my job and I enjoyed my job when being a great team player.
productive
Solder/Production operator (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYNovember 18, 2015
My co-workers were fun to work with and enjoyed learning new jobs. The days were hard and long but the workers made it easyer. Management they were ok could have been better.
Okay
LPN, Family & Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 15, 2015
This is an okay place to work. The team is good and the mission is good. It is a steady pace & there is always work to do, which is good in my opinion.
Great life balance - important organization
Senior Associate Marketing Copywriter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2015
I only work here part time and mostly from home, but I have enjoyed my years at Catalyst. While I don't always agree with managements' decisions, I am fully behind the cause of the company and love the flexible work they embrace and encourage.
Great Managment
Vice President of Software Development Sales (Current Employee) –  At HomeJanuary 20, 2015
The CEO is very easy to work with and inspiring. They are challenged by the virtue of where their Dev Team is at but this is balanced with the quality of the team.
Good Place
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 23, 2014
Passionate staff, learned a lot. A typical day is get in and go. Front of house needs work, but back of the house is great.
Cons
healthcare, very little time off
Hated this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 13, 2014
I absolutely was miserable at this job, they say they pride their selves on being a family environment but if you're not on the phone the whole time you're there, you're in trouble. I'm currently dealing with issues after following managers directions concerning time sheets and the company tells me I owe them money! They don't really care about you, they string you along for your "temporary" position but won't give you your term date.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catalyst. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight