Catapult Learning Employee Reviews

If you take pride in teaching, you DON'T want to work here
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2018
If you like record keeping and paperwork more than teaching, you'll love this job! Far to much documentation compared with other Title I providers.

Disappointingly, Catapult rarely furnishes teachers with the tools and equipment of their trade. I had a Smartboard, but no computer, and no projector -- both necessary to make the board functional.

For lack of a laptop computer, I was forced to use one of the six Chromebooks reserved for student use. When I requested a whiteboard, I was given a pocket chart and told to make due until a whiteboard could be obtained. I waited one entire school year, and finally quit asking.

I taught supplemental reading, but had no leveled texts with which to work, and ultimately resorted to buying my own materials at considerable expense.

My "supervisor" was a real piece of work; extremely moody, impossible to reach by phone or email, and hyper-critical. She always left my co-teacher and me with the distinct feeling she was out to get us. Indeed, she used periodic observations as an opportunity to shred us rather than build our confidence,
Unstable work schedule.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 19, 2018
I enjoy the work itself. However I have worked for Catapult Learning for years, and I have not gotten a pay raise in years. The work schedule is very unstable which makes it very difficult to make a living working there. I am a teacher there, and even though the school year is well underway, I am not able to return to work. My manager tells me they need the go ahead from the district.
Other years I returned right after Labor Day. That is what I mean by an unstable work schedule. I do not know how Catapult Learning expects teachers to make a living in that kind of work situation. It is obvious to me that they are not very concerned about their teachers. They should pay their teachers regardless. No wonder they have a lot of turnover. .
Pros
They are good at supplying needed materials for my classroom
Cons
unstable work schedule, no pay raises
Very productive
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Very fast pace environment
loved working with the staff and students
learned how to increase productivity because of the nature of the program
Increased various skill set
Great place to work for
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2018
I enjoy working for Catapult Learning because they made me feel comfortable and I felt very connected to the students. I am very satisfied with this job overall.
Cl
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 28, 2018
Very high-paced and demanding work place. Catapult Learning does however give you skills that you might not had before. CL does stress employee very thin and we all where multiple hats.
Pros
Learning Experience
Unprofessional and inconsistent
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2018
Overall, very easy job, but head boss is very rude. My way or the highway and she will lie and manipulate you. The inconsistency is agitating off principals and they will make you attend mandatory meetings/trainings that you think you’re getting paid for, but you won’t. They will tell you to do something one way they change up and make you re-do it differently.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Inconsistent
Catapult Learning
Deputy Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 31, 2018
There a some really great folks working here and there can be great opportunities, but budgets can vary greatly year over year which makes stability a potential issue. The pay and benefits are OK but not great. Flexible work hours and location are a big benefit.
Varied experiences
Remedial Reading Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 28, 2018
I had varied experiences working at Catapult learning in that I traveled from school to school and taught all grades up to and including high school. I enjoyed looking forward to seeing the students and assessing their progress.
Pros
Varied grade levels
Cons
Scheduling was difficult
No clear direction
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 21, 2018
They want to be the largest company at providing services to school districts but they have lost the true mission of providing great services for the students. They have spread themselves thin and have less than certified staff in management roles.
"My Way or the Highway" - High Road Schools Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 20, 2018
Be careful: Catapult Learning is a diverse, for-profit corporation. Some divisions appear to run well, but the Schools Division has real problems, particularly in the Midwest Region. These schools are supposed to serve the individual needs of students with significant issues, but High Road Schools have adopted a one-size-fits-all approach to behavior modification. Management enforces this strictly. Deviate from their program, demonstrate creativity, or attempt to integrate your own ideas and you're gone. My school has lost 3 directors, a social worker, 2 LBS1 teachers, an operations manager, 2 administrative assistants, and countless TAs in the past 12 months. The folks who stay need their jobs but staff morale is low. There is always a reason for a high turnover rate.

Job orientation/mentoring/training - something Catapult refers to as "onboarding" - is haphazard, at best. New employees at all levels are basically thrown into a classroom or office and they are expected to figure things out. Nobody on staff is certified to provide training in holds and restraints. Trainers are flown in from out-of-state when available, leaving the school understaffed with adults who are allowed to handle these difficult incidents, and they happen multiple times a day.
Pros
Co-workers are dedicated and caring people.
Cons
Middle management cares more about their own advancement than the health of the school.

Want to know more about Catapult Learning?

Ask a question
Catapult learning LLC is an enjoyable workplace. You work in elementary schools with students from grades K-!2
Speech Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJuly 19, 2018
Catapult learning LLC, is an enjoyabel workplace. Although it is fast paced, can be stressful at times, requires lots of multitasking it is very satisfying to watch the growth and productivity of your students.
Pros
you work by a school calendar.
Summary
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2018
I absolutely love the mission of the company and the curriculum it provides and I was impressed with everyone I met from the company outside of the Las Vegas area. Unfortunately local management is very disorganized and lacking in communication skills that caused a lot of stress for the teachers. It could be a great job but management on the local level made it intolerable.
Best Job I have ever had
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaJune 27, 2018
Catapult was the best job i have ever had. The people are excellent and it is like working with family there. I love the people, love the work. It is too bad it had to end as soon as it did but i gained a lot of knowledge and experience from working at Catapult.

I would definitely consider returning if asked, its a great place for a high school student to go back to school free of charge if they are having problems in a regular school environment.

-Best Job i ever had!

-David
Pros
people, travel, pay
Cons
long hours, extensive travel, demand is high
This is the best company to teach for
Reading Teacher (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLJune 13, 2018
Catapult learning is a great company to work for. Management and staff are friendly, understanding and willing to work with employee in all aspects of work/life balance
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No cons
teacher
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJune 11, 2018
Lots of meetings to keep everyone in the loop of what is going on at school. Supervisors were helpful and prompt on answering all questions and getting you the proper materials to run your class room.
Good company to work for, awful pay!
Title I Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2018
Catapult provides reading and math intervention services for private and non-public schools. The work was rewarding,I got to meet and work with some great teachers. The reason I left was the pay was awful, no retirement or any type of advancement. You also, didn't know until school started whether you had a job.
summary
Teacher-small groups K-7 (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2018
The job is fairly easy and not very stressful. I enjoy teaching small groups because you can see student success. The best part of the job is small groups.
High turnover rate
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 2, 2018
The turnover rate is extremely high and there is no relationship with management and their employees. They are constantly hiring and firing people and don't care.
I wish I found this job years ago
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2018
I didn't know what I was expecting and was tired of working in the public school atmosphere. It was the exact salary and thing I needed as a teacher, and it has taught me how to become a better teacher. Any job that can encourage you to be a better teacher, train you well, flexible with personal challenges, and work with amazing co-workers and teachers, is always a plus. And there's always room to advance and get promoted.

Yes there are always going to be tough times and people in this business, but with a supportive team around and behind you, it helps. Every teacher ought to work for this company for one school year; it's liberating!
Pros
Health benefits, salary, flexibility with schedule
Cons
Getting a room to teach
poor organization
Title I Reading and Math Support Teacher (K-9) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 25, 2018
The biggest cause of stress while working for this company was the lack of information and the resulting pop-up dead lines. I never felt I knew what was going on. Training was sketchy and limited. My personal supervisor was great and she tried to keep me up to date but there is a culture of need to know that is unnecessary for a business of this type.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catapult Learning. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about