Catapult Learning Employee Reviews

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and manipulative management/administration
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT and Windham, CTDecember 5, 2018
Worked with the High Roads program for a year and although the experience with the students was GREAT, management/administration was the most UNPROFESSIONAL I've encountered in my experiences working in schools. Very manipulative in how they deceive the students into failure as well as the staff. Very unfortunate for all the kids who are there to be rehabilitated and cared for genuinely. The program should be investigated for quite a few disturbing things. Great idea for a program, tragically executed by very selfish adults. Truly a shame. Also, the teaching materials/methods are beyond embarrassing, disgraceful, and very disheartening. Seems to be more of a "just get through the day" program. Join me in praying for all those kids, seriously.
Pros
Positive relationships built with students
Cons
Literally everything else.
Productive and Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 9, 2018
Catapult was a great place to work. Fantastic building, nice offices and the people are very friendly. I wish I would have worked their longer than I did, I enjoyed the experience.
Productive work atmosphere, excellent supervisor.
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 30, 2018
Catapult is a wonderful agency and it is easy to attest to their competent and professional staff. They are an agency that provides both instructional and counseling services in many schools . The counseling provided in the schools is not very clinical, but is primarily academic based. As a counselor, I worked on an individual basis with students of all ages. Counseling however can be provided in either a group setting or in an individual session. I worked with both male and female students. I worked with students facing various challenges and or difficulties in many arenas. Some of the targeted areas addressed in counseling were behavioral problems, social awareness issues, personal boundary awareness, organizational skills, and self confidence levels. Catapult is a wonderful agency to work for.
Warning stay away from this company
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  CompadreOctober 23, 2018
Horrible company I would never recommend this place for anyone to work
Inconsistent work environment. Not good people to work for keep your distance
Look these people are in it for momney not kids no more I can say about this mess of a company...
Pros
Lmao there are none
Cons
Under handed not honest low pay
Cool place but pay is low
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 22, 2018
Great place to work. However, the pay is very low so one must be aware that being a Paraprofessional, Teacher Assistant or One-to-One here means that you will not be able to live on your own for you will not be paid enough to do so. They pay above minimum wage and offer tuition assistance with the contingency that you will stay with the company for an additional year.
Pros
Extra classroom assistance, tuition assistance, in a great location
Cons
No Breaks, No Planning Period, Lack of Pay increases with educational advances
Interesting work
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 11, 2018
As an independent contractor, I provided Child Study Team evaluations and developed independent Educational Programs for students with special needs in private schools.
Pros
Pleasant, diversified work
Cons
occasional limited work space at schools
Every good review on this board is written by branch directors....pathetic.
teacher (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDOctober 11, 2018
2 words....SINKING SHIP... they got rid of everyone who was qualified to actually teach and replaced them with people right off the street they could get away with paying the minimal amount allowed.
Pros
haha nope
Cons
environment, pay, staff and students.
Pay scale vs. Degree
Family Connections (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2018
This company does not give ANY raises. They also do not give raises for the annual cost of living of 3%.

It is nearly impossible to meet the min. amount to qualify for a one bedroom apartment in the area I live.

The management s good, and the job is fair, but the amount of work and compensation for a degreed individual is far less than average.

It is sad that say they value education but do not value their educators or counselors.
Pros
Cons
Pay scale is TERRIBLE
If you take pride in teaching, you DON'T want to work here
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2018
If you like record keeping and paperwork more than teaching, you'll love this job! Far to much documentation compared with other Title I providers.

Disappointingly, Catapult rarely furnishes teachers with the tools and equipment of their trade. I had a Smartboard, but no computer, and no projector -- both necessary to make the board functional.

For lack of a laptop computer, I was forced to use one of the six Chromebooks reserved for student use. When I requested a whiteboard, I was given a pocket chart and told to make due until a whiteboard could be obtained. I waited one entire school year, and finally quit asking.

I taught supplemental reading, but had no leveled texts with which to work, and ultimately resorted to buying my own materials at considerable expense.

My "supervisor" was a real piece of work; extremely moody, impossible to reach by phone or email, and hyper-critical. She always left my co-teacher and me with the distinct feeling she was out to get us. Indeed, she used periodic observations as an opportunity to shred us rather than build our confidence,
Very productive
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Very fast pace environment
loved working with the staff and students
learned how to increase productivity because of the nature of the program
Increased various skill set
Great place to work for
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2018
I enjoy working for Catapult Learning because they made me feel comfortable and I felt very connected to the students. I am very satisfied with this job overall.
large company with offices everywhere
Professional Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJ 08103August 30, 2018
I work as a consultant around Southern California and recently overseas thanks to a special contract obtained by the company.
The workload shifts depending on whether or not they get contracts, so that part is tough but the work is great; I coach, do professional development seminars, etc.....it is fun and challenging
Cl
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 28, 2018
Very high-paced and demanding work place. Catapult Learning does however give you skills that you might not had before. CL does stress employee very thin and we all where multiple hats.
Pros
Learning Experience
Unprofessional and inconsistent
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2018
Overall, very easy job, but head boss is very rude. My way or the highway and she will lie and manipulate you. The inconsistency is agitating off principals and they will make you attend mandatory meetings/trainings that you think you’re getting paid for, but you won’t. They will tell you to do something one way they change up and make you re-do it differently.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Inconsistent
Catapult Learning
Deputy Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 31, 2018
There a some really great folks working here and there can be great opportunities, but budgets can vary greatly year over year which makes stability a potential issue. The pay and benefits are OK but not great. Flexible work hours and location are a big benefit.
Varied experiences
Remedial Reading Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 28, 2018
I had varied experiences working at Catapult learning in that I traveled from school to school and taught all grades up to and including high school. I enjoyed looking forward to seeing the students and assessing their progress.
Pros
Varied grade levels
Cons
Scheduling was difficult
No clear direction
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 21, 2018
They want to be the largest company at providing services to school districts but they have lost the true mission of providing great services for the students. They have spread themselves thin and have less than certified staff in management roles.
"My Way or the Highway" - High Road Schools Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 20, 2018
Be careful: Catapult Learning is a diverse, for-profit corporation. Some divisions appear to run well, but the Schools Division has real problems, particularly in the Midwest Region. These schools are supposed to serve the individual needs of students with significant issues, but High Road Schools have adopted a one-size-fits-all approach to behavior modification. Management enforces this strictly. Deviate from their program, demonstrate creativity, or attempt to integrate your own ideas and you're gone. My school has lost 3 directors, a social worker, 2 LBS1 teachers, an operations manager, 2 administrative assistants, and countless TAs in the past 12 months. The folks who stay need their jobs but staff morale is low. There is always a reason for a high turnover rate.

Job orientation/mentoring/training - something Catapult refers to as "onboarding" - is haphazard, at best. New employees at all levels are basically thrown into a classroom or office and they are expected to figure things out. Nobody on staff is certified to provide training in holds and restraints. Trainers are flown in from out-of-state when available, leaving the school understaffed with adults who are allowed to handle these difficult incidents, and they happen multiple times a day.
Pros
Co-workers are dedicated and caring people.
Cons
Middle management cares more about their own advancement than the health of the school.
Catapult learning LLC is an enjoyable workplace. You work in elementary schools with students from grades K-!2
Speech Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJuly 19, 2018
Catapult learning LLC, is an enjoyabel workplace. Although it is fast paced, can be stressful at times, requires lots of multitasking it is very satisfying to watch the growth and productivity of your students.
Pros
you work by a school calendar.
Summary
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2018
I absolutely love the mission of the company and the curriculum it provides and I was impressed with everyone I met from the company outside of the Las Vegas area. Unfortunately local management is very disorganized and lacking in communication skills that caused a lot of stress for the teachers. It could be a great job but management on the local level made it intolerable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catapult Learning. Our community is ready to answer.