Catapult Learning Employee Reviews

No clear direction
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 21, 2018
They want to be the largest company at providing services to school districts but they have lost the true mission of providing great services for the students. They have spread themselves thin and have less than certified staff in management roles.
"My Way or the Highway" - High Road Schools Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 20, 2018
Be careful: Catapult Learning is a diverse, for-profit corporation. Some divisions appear to run well, but the Schools Division has real problems, particularly in the Midwest Region. These schools are supposed to serve the individual needs of students with significant issues, but High Road Schools have adopted a one-size-fits-all approach to behavior modification. Management enforces this strictly. Deviate from their program, demonstrate creativity, or attempt to integrate your own ideas and you're gone. My school has lost 3 directors, a social worker, 2 LBS1 teachers, an operations manager, 2 administrative assistants, and countless TAs in the past 12 months. The folks who stay need their jobs but staff morale is low. There is always a reason for a high turnover rate.

Job orientation/mentoring/training - something Catapult refers to as "onboarding" - is haphazard, at best. New employees at all levels are basically thrown into a classroom or office and they are expected to figure things out. Nobody on staff is certified to provide training in holds and restraints. Trainers are flown in from out-of-state when available, leaving the school understaffed with adults who are allowed to handle these difficult incidents, and they happen multiple times a day.
Pros
Co-workers are dedicated and caring people.
Cons
Middle management cares more about their own advancement than the health of the school.
Summary
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2018
I absolutely love the mission of the company and the curriculum it provides and I was impressed with everyone I met from the company outside of the Las Vegas area. Unfortunately local management is very disorganized and lacking in communication skills that caused a lot of stress for the teachers. It could be a great job but management on the local level made it intolerable.
Best Job I have ever had
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaJune 27, 2018
Catapult was the best job i have ever had. The people are excellent and it is like working with family there. I love the people, love the work. It is too bad it had to end as soon as it did but i gained a lot of knowledge and experience from working at Catapult.

I would definitely consider returning if asked, its a great place for a high school student to go back to school free of charge if they are having problems in a regular school environment.

-Best Job i ever had!

-David
Pros
people, travel, pay
Cons
long hours, extensive travel, demand is high
This is the best company to teach for
Reading Teacher (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLJune 13, 2018
Catapult learning is a great company to work for. Management and staff are friendly, understanding and willing to work with employee in all aspects of work/life balance
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No cons
teacher
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJune 11, 2018
Lots of meetings to keep everyone in the loop of what is going on at school. Supervisors were helpful and prompt on answering all questions and getting you the proper materials to run your class room.
summary
Teacher-small groups K-7 (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2018
The job is fairly easy and not very stressful. I enjoy teaching small groups because you can see student success. The best part of the job is small groups.
High turnover rate
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 2, 2018
The turnover rate is extremely high and there is no relationship with management and their employees. They are constantly hiring and firing people and don't care.
I wish I found this job years ago
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2018
I didn't know what I was expecting and was tired of working in the public school atmosphere. It was the exact salary and thing I needed as a teacher, and it has taught me how to become a better teacher. Any job that can encourage you to be a better teacher, train you well, flexible with personal challenges, and work with amazing co-workers and teachers, is always a plus. And there's always room to advance and get promoted.

Yes there are always going to be tough times and people in this business, but with a supportive team around and behind you, it helps. Every teacher ought to work for this company for one school year; it's liberating!
Pros
Health benefits, salary, flexibility with schedule
Cons
Getting a room to teach
No salary raise in 7 years for a full time employee
Title 1 Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2018
I ultimately left this job due to poor pay and zero autonomy for teaching style. Tons of redundant paperwork. Supervisors are overworked themselves so they are little help.
Pros
small groups, good kids, technology program
Cons
Lesson planning takes more time than regular classroom teacher

Want to know more about Catapult Learning?

Ask a question
Stay Away
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2018
The job is okay if you are a graduate student. I enjoyed working with kids however for the amount of paperwork was ridiculous. Constant turnover.......
Pros
Cons
healthcare
A good company, not enough hours/money
Title I Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2018
This company is managed fairly well and the expectations are definitely reachable. The problem is that teachers are either working part time or full time (only 30-35 hours) and so they do not receive a salary that is easy to live on. For people who rely solely on this salary, it is very difficult to do so in Chicago. Almost all teachers, including myself had a second job to make ends meet. As a teacher, it's a dream job. Small groups and no homework or grading assignments and tests, perfect for teachers who only want part time hours. You only receive benefits if you are working full time.
Worst place to work.
Professional School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 25, 2018
My supervisor was a math teacher supervising me, a school counselor. Does anyone else see the problem?
She was completely inappropriate with comments made to me about my life outside of the work place. She did nothing but put down employees and lie to meet her own personal agenda. Being told "the teachers don't like you" is not a productive way to manage employees. It doesn't help when the teachers told me themselves that she was lying.
Pros
Cons
pay, schedule, manager, work load, no days off, no sick days, everything
Paid in a timely manner, schools can be challenging.
Reading and Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 25, 2018
Challenging because of the school system lack of understanding the significance of Title 1 Benefits. Catapult provides an excellent program to improved students math and reading, however, unless the school involved (teachers) aren't on board the children will not fully benefit from the program.
Pros
You are paid timely and regularly.
Cons
Job can be frustrating and devaluing.
great job but seasonal
Teacher in Math (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 6, 2018
i worked with this company for a while , its fun but its not a secure job. they change all the time a location and staff. I dont work no longer with them
it is a great job! I am so happy to be back working in a Catholic Elementary School!
Teacher with Catapult Learning (Current Employee) –  Shenandoah, PAMarch 5, 2018
I love working and helping remedial students with their Math and Reading. Trinity Academy has a wonderful staff and atmosphere.The schedule this year is a bit hectic, however the variety of grade levels and subjects makes it interesting!
Benefits
Cons
low salary
Very flexible
Teacher - instructing Title I (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 1, 2018
My job was to help students achieve academic success. I worked primarily in private school settings. I felt very appreciated and I was allowed autonomy in the classroom. The managers were very personable and easy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students and being able to make a difference.
Pros
very flexible, no micro-managing
Not recommended
staff (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 25, 2018
The Director seemed to have it out for my boss and did everything possible to create an extremely stressful, uncomfortable situation among the staff.
Information was constantly mis-communicated causing daily disruption of work tasks it was almost impossible to accomplish anything.
Great teachers who were committed to student success
High Dosage Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2018
A typical day at work began with a review from the day prior along with concepts that the student is currently struggling with. I learned various techniques that were helpful in engaging students as well as keeping them engaged.
Pros
Enjoyed small student groups
Cons
Little breaks
Avoid working for this comoany at all costs!!!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2018
This company will chew you up and spit you out. They don't appreciate their employees AT ALL and it shows! They constantly have high turn over rate. They literally pay the lowest amount that they could get away with compared to other Title 1 companies within the same market.
Pros
There are no pros to the company, but the school was decent
Cons
Literally everything! Super cheap, dont value employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catapult Learning. Our community is ready to answer.