Catapult Learning Employee Reviews

Run
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Elmira, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Absolutely horrible. Never step foot in this agency. You will regret. I made this mistake and now will not use this agency on my resume. This agency should be under WASC review
Pros
Cons
management
no review
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 1, 2019
This was a good position for a temporary time but not really a position where professional growth might occur. The pay is not the greatest unless you have other income to supplement.
Pros
good with funding
Cons
not good without funding
More opptunity for growth
School Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19133December 26, 2018
Good place to start in education but need more opportunities for career expansion of employees to advance who work directly client with clients overall.
Intimate Teaching Experience
Certified Teacher (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 17, 2018
Small staff numbers along with small class size made this job rewarding. I enjoyed working with students one on one. I felt like students really got to learn the curriculum more deeply because I could help with every question.
VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and manipulative management/administration
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT and Windham, CTDecember 5, 2018
Worked with the High Roads program for a year and although the experience with the students was GREAT, management/administration was the most UNPROFESSIONAL I've encountered in my experiences working in schools. Very manipulative in how they deceive the students into failure as well as the staff. Very unfortunate for all the kids who are there to be rehabilitated and cared for genuinely. The program should be investigated for quite a few disturbing things. Great idea for a program, tragically executed by very selfish adults. Truly a shame. Also, the teaching materials/methods are beyond embarrassing, disgraceful, and very disheartening. Seems to be more of a "just get through the day" program. Join me in praying for all those kids, seriously.
Pros
Positive relationships built with students
Cons
Literally everything else.
Catapult is very flexible, you can actually pick out your own hours of work.
K-8 Grade Resource Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 24, 2018
The teachers are well trained and prepared to service a wide range of students with various needs and backgrounds. It was a great experience working for Catapult Learning.
Pros
It's great for people who enjoy teaching and looking for supplemental income.
Cons
The pay is not very favorable.
Productive and Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 9, 2018
Catapult was a great place to work. Fantastic building, nice offices and the people are very friendly. I wish I would have worked their longer than I did, I enjoyed the experience.
Productive work atmosphere, excellent supervisor.
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 30, 2018
Catapult is a wonderful agency and it is easy to attest to their competent and professional staff. They are an agency that provides both instructional and counseling services in many schools . The counseling provided in the schools is not very clinical, but is primarily academic based. As a counselor, I worked on an individual basis with students of all ages. Counseling however can be provided in either a group setting or in an individual session. I worked with both male and female students. I worked with students facing various challenges and or difficulties in many arenas. Some of the targeted areas addressed in counseling were behavioral problems, social awareness issues, personal boundary awareness, organizational skills, and self confidence levels. Catapult is a wonderful agency to work for.
Warning stay away from this company
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  CompadreOctober 23, 2018
Horrible company I would never recommend this place for anyone to work
Inconsistent work environment. Not good people to work for keep your distance
Look these people are in it for momney not kids no more I can say about this mess of a company...
Pros
Lmao there are none
Cons
Under handed not honest low pay
Cool place but pay is low
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 22, 2018
Great place to work. However, the pay is very low so one must be aware that being a Paraprofessional, Teacher Assistant or One-to-One here means that you will not be able to live on your own for you will not be paid enough to do so. They pay above minimum wage and offer tuition assistance with the contingency that you will stay with the company for an additional year.
Pros
Extra classroom assistance, tuition assistance, in a great location
Cons
No Breaks, No Planning Period, Lack of Pay increases with educational advances
Interesting work
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 11, 2018
As an independent contractor, I provided Child Study Team evaluations and developed independent Educational Programs for students with special needs in private schools.
Pros
Pleasant, diversified work
Cons
occasional limited work space at schools
Every good review on this board is written by branch directors....pathetic.
teacher (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDOctober 11, 2018
2 words....SINKING SHIP... they got rid of everyone who was qualified to actually teach and replaced them with people right off the street they could get away with paying the minimal amount allowed.
Pros
haha nope
Cons
environment, pay, staff and students.
Pay scale vs. Degree
Family Connections (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2018
This company does not give ANY raises. They also do not give raises for the annual cost of living of 3%.

It is nearly impossible to meet the min. amount to qualify for a one bedroom apartment in the area I live.

The management s good, and the job is fair, but the amount of work and compensation for a degreed individual is far less than average.

It is sad that say they value education but do not value their educators or counselors.
Pros
Cons
Pay scale is TERRIBLE
If you take pride in teaching, you DON'T want to work here
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2018
If you like record keeping and paperwork more than teaching, you'll love this job! Far to much documentation compared with other Title I providers.

Disappointingly, Catapult rarely furnishes teachers with the tools and equipment of their trade. I had a Smartboard, but no computer, and no projector -- both necessary to make the board functional.

For lack of a laptop computer, I was forced to use one of the six Chromebooks reserved for student use. When I requested a whiteboard, I was given a pocket chart and told to make due until a whiteboard could be obtained. I waited one entire school year, and finally quit asking.

I taught supplemental reading, but had no leveled texts with which to work, and ultimately resorted to buying my own materials at considerable expense.

My "supervisor" was a real piece of work; extremely moody, impossible to reach by phone or email, and hyper-critical. She always left my co-teacher and me with the distinct feeling she was out to get us. Indeed, she used periodic observations as an opportunity to shred us rather than build our confidence,
Very productive
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Very fast pace environment
loved working with the staff and students
learned how to increase productivity because of the nature of the program
Increased various skill set
Great place to work for
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2018
I enjoy working for Catapult Learning because they made me feel comfortable and I felt very connected to the students. I am very satisfied with this job overall.
large company with offices everywhere
Professional Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJ 08103August 30, 2018
I work as a consultant around Southern California and recently overseas thanks to a special contract obtained by the company.
The workload shifts depending on whether or not they get contracts, so that part is tough but the work is great; I coach, do professional development seminars, etc.....it is fun and challenging
Cl
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 28, 2018
Very high-paced and demanding work place. Catapult Learning does however give you skills that you might not had before. CL does stress employee very thin and we all where multiple hats.
Pros
Learning Experience
Unprofessional and inconsistent
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2018
Overall, very easy job, but head boss is very rude. My way or the highway and she will lie and manipulate you. The inconsistency is agitating off principals and they will make you attend mandatory meetings/trainings that you think you’re getting paid for, but you won’t. They will tell you to do something one way they change up and make you re-do it differently.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Inconsistent
Catapult Learning
Deputy Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 31, 2018
There a some really great folks working here and there can be great opportunities, but budgets can vary greatly year over year which makes stability a potential issue. The pay and benefits are OK but not great. Flexible work hours and location are a big benefit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catapult Learning. Our community is ready to answer.