Catawba College Employee Reviews

Steady work, nice patrons
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJuly 18, 2018
Typically set two to three hours of work each day based on my schedule, allowed time off for school events, low stress with long periods of front desk work, once asked to order inventory for a new section of the library with a $5,000 budget I adhered to, hardest part of the job was often shelving books in tough sections but all problems with this were quickly handled.
Pros
Set my own hours, could eat at the desk, easy work for a student to handle
Cons
No breaks, sometimes asked to perform new duties with no warning
fun workplace
Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJuly 16, 2018
its relaxed and fun. I learned details about coaching and recruiting for a certain position. I learned professionalism. the culture was a hardworking one. hardest part is keeping track of your scheduled day as a coach, that's from observing.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Departmental Assistant (Work-Study) (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 15, 2018
The flexibility of a work study student is as wide as one can imagine-- although many challenges may arise, the enjoyable part is how positive the environment is & how much management can work with you.
Great School
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 14, 2018
Catawba College was a great place to earn my education. I learned a lot from the variety of staff that works there. I highly recommend that if you are looking for a great education then go to Catawba.
Great place to work for students attending school
Caller (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 6, 2018
A typical day at work included filing, some database entry, answering phones and some out-reach to alumni. The workplace was very relaxed and the people are incredibly welcoming and positive.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Fun
Cameraman/Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 23, 2018
Productive and fun! Great to work here. Learned a lot and became a great camera man. Learned different cameras and editing softwares. Great way to get your foot in the door
Great college
Student (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 21, 2018
attend classes. learn a lot from teachers. attend campus events and sports. work hard to graduate in the field that you are studying so you can make more money.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
hard work
Wonderful Place
ASSISTANT TO DIRECTOR OF STUDENT AFFAIRS (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 17, 2017
Very professional work environment. Steady paced job with wonderful management and great pay. Coworkers were very friendly and kind. Everyone was very supportive of one another.
Steady paced job with mulitple opportunities for overtime
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 13, 2017
The time I've worked for Catawba College was great. Best part about the job is the managers dont hassle you about your work effort unless it was an act of insubordination. Plus, they allow you to work at your own pace as long as all tasks are done for the day.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks (one before and after lunch), meal plans
Cons
Slow periods during the summer break
Productive and Active Workplace
Director of Catawba College's Theology Institute (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCAugust 28, 2017
Being a part of the Catawba family is a special thing. There is high demand for a high quality work, establishing relationships, and a need for time management. Working for Catawba has a been a positive experience for me, especially because I was able to work with students on a regular basis, build strong connections with local businesses and organizations within the community, and to help invest into the future of our world. I would absolutely recommend working at Catawba College, mainly because of the culture and family that you quickly become a part of.
Influential Experience
Sports Performance Volunteer Internship (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 22, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my time while at Catawba College. I learned how to become a great coach. I was given the opportunity to communicate with administration and athletic trainers.
Pros
Cons
N/a
good
Assistant Coordinator of Chief's Club (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 7, 2017
best place ive ever been so far it takes forever to get your food because most peopleare just goingto stand in line but most are pretty good about what ever happens
Pros
free beer
Cons
hang overs
Productive and Fulfilling
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 25, 2017
I have learned how to manage my time and divide tasks from the most to less important. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping a student with any questions or concerns dealing with packages.
Pros
Microwave, Fridge
Cons
Computer System
Excellent Smalltown School
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 23, 2017
IF you enjoy working with extraordinary students and have a love for travel and planning events then this is the place for you. Pay could be a little better but the extra time off you are afforded is an excellent perk. Easy to cultivate working relationships in other departments as well as the admissions team. It was a good experience.
Pros
Free lunch once a week
Cons
Comp time off
Great
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 22, 2017
I work through my school and I love it. They always make sure my education is number one. Very flexible and will work with you on everything. Greta place
Productive place to work, very friendly staff.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 4, 2017
I enjoyed my time employed with Catawba College. Typical day was 8-5 and allowed an hour lunch. The campus is beautiful and students are very respectful.
Great experience and fun and loving families
Part-time lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff and the members of the pool. Everyone is always willing to help you out and make sure you are not over your head in something.
Fun working with kids
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 16, 2017
Fun reading to and working with kids. The kids loved basketball players and looked up to us it was important we set a great example for them and we did.
Great team of people
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 29, 2016
IT department has a wonderful and incredibly smart team of hardworking people. The workplace culture is full of respect. Days are busy but productive and rewarding.
Loved students and atmosphere of Catawba
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCNovember 15, 2015
Catawba College is not a place where you have to worry about micromanaging. You will get your classes and have the freedom to teach without constant oversight and harping from deans and VP's. Would love to be full-time but those jobs are few and far between for obvious reasons. Thankful for the class I do have!