Catawba College Employee Reviews

Steady paced job with mulitple opportunities for overtime
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 13, 2017
The time I've worked for Catawba College was great. Best part about the job is the managers dont hassle you about your work effort unless it was an act of insubordination. Plus, they allow you to work at your own pace as long as all tasks are done for the day.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks (one before and after lunch), meal plans
Cons
Slow periods during the summer break
Productive and Active Workplace
Director of Catawba College's Theology Institute (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCAugust 28, 2017
Being a part of the Catawba family is a special thing. There is high demand for a high quality work, establishing relationships, and a need for time management. Working for Catawba has a been a positive experience for me, especially because I was able to work with students on a regular basis, build strong connections with local businesses and organizations within the community, and to help invest into the future of our world. I would absolutely recommend working at Catawba College, mainly because of the culture and family that you quickly become a part of.
Influential Experience
Sports Performance Volunteer Internship (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 22, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my time while at Catawba College. I learned how to become a great coach. I was given the opportunity to communicate with administration and athletic trainers.
Pros
Cons
N/a
good
Assistant Coordinator of Chief's Club (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 7, 2017
best place ive ever been so far it takes forever to get your food because most peopleare just goingto stand in line but most are pretty good about what ever happens
Pros
free beer
Cons
hang overs
Productive and Fulfilling
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 25, 2017
I have learned how to manage my time and divide tasks from the most to less important. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping a student with any questions or concerns dealing with packages.
Pros
Microwave, Fridge
Cons
Computer System
Excellent Smalltown School
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 23, 2017
IF you enjoy working with extraordinary students and have a love for travel and planning events then this is the place for you. Pay could be a little better but the extra time off you are afforded is an excellent perk. Easy to cultivate working relationships in other departments as well as the admissions team. It was a good experience.
Pros
Free lunch once a week
Cons
Comp time off
Great
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 22, 2017
I work through my school and I love it. They always make sure my education is number one. Very flexible and will work with you on everything. Greta place
Productive place to work, very friendly staff.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 4, 2017
I enjoyed my time employed with Catawba College. Typical day was 8-5 and allowed an hour lunch. The campus is beautiful and students are very respectful.
Great experience and fun and loving families
Part-time lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff and the members of the pool. Everyone is always willing to help you out and make sure you are not over your head in something.
Fun working with kids
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 16, 2017
Fun reading to and working with kids. The kids loved basketball players and looked up to us it was important we set a great example for them and we did.
Great team of people
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 29, 2016
IT department has a wonderful and incredibly smart team of hardworking people. The workplace culture is full of respect. Days are busy but productive and rewarding.
Loved students and atmosphere of Catawba
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCNovember 15, 2015
Catawba College is not a place where you have to worry about micromanaging. You will get your classes and have the freedom to teach without constant oversight and harping from deans and VP's. Would love to be full-time but those jobs are few and far between for obvious reasons. Thankful for the class I do have!
Catawba College Football
Football Manager/Coach (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 2, 2015
I assisted in game day operations to ensure the field was set up properly on game days. Also instructed players in practice on techniques the coaching staff wished to be taught and set up each practice.
Pros
Traveling, Operational Knowledge, Coaching experience.
Cons
Hours conflicted with school work, Coaching staff was going in a different direction.
Wonderful chance for students.
Hired Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 9, 2015
While I attended Catawba College, I took advantage of their tutoring program. The program in itself allowed students who excelled in specific courses to offer help to others. The work involved managing the employee's schedule with the schedule of another student. Lesson programs, meeting with instructors to better understand courses and assignments, and making sure the student increased in performance were key components of the job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Limitations on how many hours could be taken per week.
Catawba College
Network/PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 1, 2015
A beautiful place with wonderful people but most positions are underpaid. I just love the atmosphere....but it doesn't pay all of my bills.
wonderful college campus with wonderful people
Office Assistant through Work Study Program (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCFebruary 2, 2015
various opportunities and all allow you to work with an amazing faculty and staff! When working as an office assistant your days depend on what department you are working in and who you are working under. responsibilities can range from anything like filing papers and making copies to reshelving books in the library to preparing chemicals and cleaning equipment in the labs
College life
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCAugust 24, 2014
I enjoyed working with people and learning the job and how to keep the offices and bathrooms cleaned. I learned how to clean up after the students in their dorm rooms and how to communicate and get along with the students.The management was respectful and very fair with hours and treated every one fairly. The co- workers were also just as nice to me they always pitched in and helped everyone when they needed extra assistance. The hardest part of the job was working in the dorm rooms in the summer time and having to scrub up all the messes that the students left behind. Breaks were always a enjoyable part of the job also getting to know the students was very enjoyable also.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Rude students
Excellent work environment for eduators
Assistant Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCFebruary 8, 2014
Catawba College is a small, private institution of higher learning in Salisbury, NC. The curriculum blends liberal arts education with professional and paraprofessional preparation.

The President and Provost are dedicated professionals who enhance the image of the institution and the morale of its employees.
Pros
Terrific benefits, flexible work schedule
Cons
Salary depends largely on the professor's discipline.
Great job!
Lifeguard/ Swim Coach (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 10, 2013
Typical day was teaching kids how to swim competitively and making sure that everyone is safe in the pool.
The best College
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCAugust 27, 2013
Not only did I teach here but I also went to school here. I learned so much from Catawba and the professors are amazing.