Caterpillar Employee Reviews

Great Experience working in Caterpillar
Machine Configuration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 18, 2018
Awesome work culture. A lot to learn as a design engineer, Diesel Engine experience is plus if you wanted to get into the company. Pro-engineering or CREO is must for this role.
Bad
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAJanuary 17, 2018
This company would be a great company to work for only if they didn't lay their people off every other year. You never know if you'll have a job tomorrow or not.
Typical day at work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Go to my work station prepare items to assemble and sub . engines and tractor frames. the assembled the subbed up prats to the tractor frame. and the hydraulic lines under the frame. with heavy power tools and cranes.
Face Paced and never a dull moment
Renatl Office Assitant (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Doing the same thing over and over again. BUT, maybe not the same thing day in and day out. There were several forklifts that we rented out and each one of them were different. No two exactly alike.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too many hours and not enough time off
Good working place
Validation Engineering Lead (Former Employee) –  Peoria ILJanuary 17, 2018
Good working place. Very professional environment. High technical tasks, challenging in a positive way, employees and managers have a friendly attitude, of course accountability is another aspect that is considered as part of Caterpillar culture and also efficiency.
Fun workplace , worked all 3 shifts
Machine operator/ forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 17, 2018
Worked 60-84 hours a week , great benefits,
Paid weekly , excellent staff and supervisors
I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a career ...
Fast paced job working with a lot of good people
Senior IT Analyst - Salary Grade(SG) 23 (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Plenty of opportunity for advancement while working with management that had your back. You could go as far as you wanted to go if you're willing to work hard and put the customer first
Was a great place to work
Management (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Ever changing pay and benefit plans that hurt the employees. Lack of job security and advancement for all but a select few. Accountants and HR are running the company into the ground. Lack of clear leadership.
Pros
Decent pay with ok benefits. Working conditions are good.
Cons
Pay is being strategically reduced over time by the yearly review process, Benefits continue to decline, Leadership is all but gone.
productive work place.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 16, 2018
The hardest part of work was driving 115 miles a day. working long hours and the drive home. I learned how to listen and become a better machinist. I had some great bosses and co workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did a well job.
excellent
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 16, 2018
its great to work with caterpillar and the manager is very friendly and very loving person and i learned so many diff things and trained lot of courses.
Good place
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Good place to work. Good ethics. Not too much work stress. Good work life balance. lots of new learning. good colleagues. location suitable for families
Very productive
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJanuary 16, 2018
very productive and made sure everything was safe, working, and you done the job well. from the time you clocked in until the time you clocked out was very fast paced but they made sure the product was the best before beings shipped out.
Great ppl
assembler (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work at, however, people so not like to own up to their mistakes. Like all places it has it share of drama, but all in all great place to work and have a career.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Hot in summer, cold in winter
My Blood Ran Cat Yellow
Administrative Assistant/ Event Planner/IT/HR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 15, 2018
Always a fast-paced, productive atmosphere working with a team of an average of 20 marketing managers. Initial 13 years in Brentwood, TN then moved office to Nashville for my final 3 years. This ever changing environment w/ grooming new employees to become the best of the best marketing representatives in a competitive market. Ten years our district rated #1 out of 17 district offices under great leadership. Assisted district manager with a variety of administrative duties including the budget. Assisted reps with preparing presentations for our dealerships in our district covering five states. They traveled 3-4 days a week and I managed the office. I managed Human Resources, Information Technology, Office Equipment including Telephone System, and Office Supplies. I attended a variety of software training classes then trained reps keeping them up-to-date w/ ever changing computer hardware and software in our weekly meetings. Event Planner for local and out of state dealer meetings. Most challenging was completing all tasks w/ mutiple deadlines. Most enjoyable part of my job was the amazing people I worked with over my 16 years with them.
Pros
Learning about Computers & Traveling a Event Planner
Cons
Balancing Personal and Professional Life
Good memories and culture
Electrical system engineer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 14, 2018
Caterpillar was a great experience in which I gained a lot of expertise and knowledge. There is great collaboration between workers and management, excellent communication.
Pros
workplace culture
productive and fun p;ace to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2018
Cat was my best job ever. I really miss Caterpillar.I was treated very well and well compensated for my knowledge and my skills, i worked my way up from a simple welder to a team lead welder and less time than any other team lead in the shop. Over all Caterpillar treated his emplyees very very well
Pros
quarterly bonus
Materials Planner (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 14, 2018
Caterpillar Corp. Joliet, IL. Materials Planner , June. 2011- Present
Schedule and plan manufacturing value streams to allow optimum manufacturing efficiencies, and keep customer demand shipping on time resulting in 98% CSP
Pros
Great hours
Cons
non
Awesome place to work!
Production Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXJanuary 13, 2018
Many of the poor reviews you see here are from people who didn't work out, didn't have good work ethics, expected something for nothing, and all around poor attitude. This is an awesome place to work. Most management is very understanding, you just can't always get your way. Most senior management have been here for a long time because this is a place you would want to retire. Hardest part of the job is you need to come to work every day. If you expect a paycheck, that's the way it should be anyway.
Pros
Great benefits and good pay
Cons
There are none
great benefits
Human Resources Asst./Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCJanuary 13, 2018
This company allowed me to gain knowledge during trainings and personal development. Unfortunately they are outsourcing work to more contract companies rather than hiring their own employees.
Productive plant with fun people
Assembler I (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, SCJanuary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Caterpillar and learning all the different skills. I learned how to assemble Panels and Breakers, Blue Print interpretation, installed switches and rework of nut certs drilling metal, learned to trouble shoot problems, and assisted in training new employees. It was a pleasant place to work and I did different jobs on a day to day basis. I feel like the hardest part was trying to work harder on a lot of days to meet my deadlines. The people were very nice to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caterpillar. Our community is ready to answer.