Caterpillar Employee Reviews

Found 3,751 reviews matching the search See all 5,452 reviews
Work where you make a difference
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Mossville, ILMarch 18, 2019
The road to progress beings a road and all of those roads are built with Caterpillar machines. We make progress happen and build a sustainable world.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Long days
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 18, 2019
Good place to work. Caterpillar offers many opportunities for someone who would like to make a career out of one employer. I would recommend this place.
Manager is without integrity.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wamego, KSMarch 17, 2019
Caterpillar is a wonderful company to work for. Pay is alright and benefits are really good. It is a revolving door of managers coming and going who have turned it into a mess of disorganized chaos. They come in, shake things up for their personal advancement and move on. If you make a mistake they leverage it into a termination event rather than offer counsel or alternative actions.
ok not great
quality technician (Former Employee) –  Wamego, KSMarch 17, 2019
work all the time, Sundays off. mandatory overtime every weekend. no real home life. this is all i have to say about them. ..................................
Mossville engine center was a great place to work
Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morton, ILMarch 14, 2019
Typical day starts loading trucks and doing grief .We are a year into this new system and everyday new issues arise ,it is challenging i learn new things every day .I have learned so much in 14 years and gained a lot of knowledge from driving a cherry picker , ,fork truck, flat bed , propane truck ,Cushman . i have capability to pick a part pack and ship to customer . Load and unload trucks store material use hoists . Build an engine from start to finish worked the assembly line , after paint assembly .Management is just like any other company the good ones stand out .The culture is a tough one I have been in work groups where we work as a team and on the other hand work groups that do not help each other at all. It is always great to be on a good team. Makes your job more pleasant , and the days go by smoothly. Hardest part of the job sometimes is the pay check .I work 7 days a week if needed and sometimes feel i must to make a better life for myself .I have met some extraordinary people over the years that are near and dear to my heart and for that I. am grateful
Pros
the experience in itself
Cons
when no overtime is available
great place to work
part attendant (Former Employee) –  lafayette indianaMarch 14, 2019
Great place to work, has overtime available if needed. they are willing to work with your scheduling and job placement. have the opportunity to advance
Caterpilliar can be a great place to work
Paint Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 14, 2019
I enjoyed working at Caterpilliar. I enjoyed the job I had, but the hours weren’t for me. I am a single mom and it was hard to work second shift and take care of my child. I also worked a lot of weekends so it was hard to plan anything, to have a life outside of Caterpilliar. Being on first shift would have been great but there wasn’t any opportunities as a SE to go to first shift.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No life outside of Caterpilliar
Working at caterpillar
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 14, 2019
Working at caterpillar is great they are 100% the right ace to work, great environment, helps if you have a concern or can’t get the job fast correct.
Great place to work employees were so easy to work with and train.
Assembler specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 14, 2019
Caterpillar was a wonderful place to work. Unfortunately the Hub in Aurora is closing but I managed to meet alot of great people and also learned alot. Was honored to be on a team that was so full of pride and commitment...
Pros
Wages and health benefits
Cons
20 min lunch
A lot if data entry work
DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 13, 2019
Initially they hired saying they would need some one to analyze the logistic data. But they had a lot of backlog data entry work to finish. Which was hard for a technical person to sit and do tons of data entry work.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
boring work culture

Want to know more about Caterpillar?

Ask a question
ok
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2019
job ok need more pay
use to be a lot of overtime not no more. staff ok maybe management could be alittle better over all ok not the worst job will recommend
Safty Driven Work Enviroment
Assistant Team Lead/Painter (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 13, 2019
Safety is above all things here right next to quality. we make sure our product goes to our customers with the absolute best quality. My time here with this crew has taught me a lot about safety and how to be a better leader for the upcoming future.
Stable
Team lead, Engine Assembly and Engine Disassembly (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSMarch 13, 2019
Good company with quality products. Benefits are good. Stable job with no layoffs. Advancement process does not mirror company values. More who you know than what you know.
Benefits
Cons
Poor advancement process
Machinist
Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, ILMarch 13, 2019
Culturally diverse. Diverse work stations. Specialized work with on the job training if you meet minimum requirements. Room for advancement. Not all areas climate controlled.
Over worked & under paid
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCMarch 12, 2019
The wages are too low for the type of physical labor required to meet ever increasing production numbers. For a company making as much as Caterpillar they could afford better wages than 14/hr. Also any chance of achieving maximum pay levels only happen after you've been there 10+ years.
Pros
Consistent hours.
Cons
Wages should be better.
very good place to work
SPPC SCE - Supplier Collaboration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 11, 2019
There is room to advance in some positions and others next to none. very good work culture, very friendly. Competitive at times and some roles are really pushed for results.
Pros
bonuses
Continuous workload consolidation.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 11, 2019
Do more with less should be their motto. You are expected to manage whatever they throw at you without direction. If you ask anyone for help, it can/will be used against you. People are afraid to speak their mind for fear of being fired, they call it "laid off" without a return date.
Pros
Nice offices for mgmt.
Cons
Your a number and easily replaced.
Great work place and great people!
WELDER (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 10, 2019
I recommend Caterpillar to anyone looking for an opportunity to work with great people, along with great pay and benefits for the work. I had an overall great experience other than one manager who didn’t favor me which ultimately caused me to resign and search else where. Otherwise, everything else was absolutely wonderful!
Pros
Paid lunches, great benefits
Cons
None10/10
Great benefits
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 10, 2019
Great work experience, except for lay offs, with great benefits. This job is great for anyone fresh out of high school and need a job and great for engineers.
benefits
Cons
layoffs
High expectations but well compensated for those
Product Safety and Regulatory Compliance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 9, 2019
Caterpillar was a company that really cared to advance their employees knowledge. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the really big equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caterpillar. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
41.8K
31K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Caterpillar.

Powered by Comparably