Cathay Bank Employee Reviews

very nice workplace culture
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 2, 2018
Perform all aspects of new account opening procedures for all bank products/services.
Answer customer inquiries, make appropriate financial solutions and recommendations and assist with problem resolution.
Perform customer service functions such as check orders, change of address, return mail processing, supersede signature cards, and other account maintenance changes.

good teammates.
Always learn new things.
Good Company
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2018
They're committed to their employees' experience. Besides a challenging, engaging workplace, they believe in giving back to our local communities, reducing our environmental footprint, and helping to put safer drivers on their roads. Here’s what you’ll find working at Cathay.
YES for experience, NO for everything else.
Customer Representative II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Customer representative has to be responsible for everything, that's including phone service, new account, wire service, mortgage loan service, teller service, cleaning service and more. Why? That's because a trash outside or inside the branch will be effecting the customer satisfaction, and satisfaction score will be effecting employee's salary. And customer representative has to meet a customer satisfaction score 98 out of 100. Even though you can handle the heavy workload, the salary is under the average of banking industry.
Pros
Tons of working experience
Cons
Under average salary
Only if you must
Employee (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2018
I can't speak for the whole bank but the location where I work is horrible. It's the blind leading the blind. So stuck in traditional old fashion ways that they're too blind to see that the world is passing them by.
Pros
Your pay checks are on time.
Cons
Well, where do I begin???? Don't think I have enough room.
Good position for entry level students
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2018
It is a good company for entry level students, but the salary is under the average of banking industry. The manager is a very nice person for us, I like the working environment.
Overall it's good
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CADecember 22, 2017
Overall it's a good job. No overtime and co-workers were helpful and the working environment was pretty good.The manager was nice. However, I thought I didn't get good pay. That was the reason I quit the job.
would not recommend
AVP Loan Servicing (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 27, 2017
Issues with management and priorities Since I have left so have 3 of my employees pay is not measured with work most be with the in crowd to be recognized or promoted
its ok
N/A (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 5, 2017
below market pay with heavy workload. pretty much have to do everything yourself from beginning to end. not much support from the back office. the process for everything is slow.
Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 2, 2017
It provided a lot of requirements to their employees to reach its goals. I enjoyed that and I was able to accomplish the tasks that were assigned by my managements.
Cultural working environment. Banking caters to Asian community.
Bank Teller (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMarch 28, 2017
A cultural shock working for this bank, since most of their customers are Asian. The management here was intimidating and direct, can not expect to grow within the branch.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Management was not helpful
Many learning opportunities
Assistant Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Cathay Bank employs many people from temp agencies with opportunity to become permanent. The employees welcoming and knowledgable of their work which helps with continuos learning opportunities. Management gives their employees a lot of space as long as work gets done.
Great Company
VP Operations and Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple City, CAJanuary 17, 2017
This was a great company to work for. Great cultural experience. Very fast pace but some of the best people to work with. Great management team.
Great for first job experience.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CADecember 26, 2016
Great and helpful coworkers. Long hours and not enough room for advancement. It's good to get some work experience, but there's really not enough room for advancement.
Friendly working environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 13, 2016
Branch staff are very nice and patient to both customer and colleagues. The teller job there is not just about doing transactions, but also some office work just as prepare statements and reports.
management is not good
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2016
They need to improve the way they manage the branch. The manager is very bossy and not appreciate employees.
Cathay Bank needs to upgrade the system. Its still a very old traditional bank,
Good environment for someone that is beginning their career
Auditor I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2016
Good work environment for a developing individual, but few opportunities for career advancement. Overall, learned how various environments operated and have been able to interact with great people that are making strides on advancing the world. Learned how to communicate with different levels of personnel.
A diverse company
Assistant Vice President, T and D (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMarch 14, 2016
A Chinese owned and predominantly operated bank. 500+ employees and growing. I really don't have much to say about this company.
Good Bank for Chinese Community
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYFebruary 4, 2016
This is a typical Asian Bank in Chinese community. Customers are always first . Employees works in a very good environment. They are also very nice and friendly to every customers.
Asian Bank Equals Asian Pay
Anti-Money Laundering Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMay 7, 2015
I don't have anything to compare my current job to however from what I hear from my other co-workers who have found similar jobs at other banks Cathay Bank truly underpays their workers for a larger work load.
Great work environment
Loan Review Officer (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAOctober 19, 2014
I have earned a great deal about businesses and commercial loans.
I have a very understanding manager that continues to coach me on a daily basis. There are many types of loans that I continue to learn from.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cathay Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

71out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cathay Bank.