Catherines Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Retail Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 19, 2018
Nice place to work , lots of learning offered within retail to becoming great when it comes to serving as well, while providing excellent customer service.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
It was a fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working with all of the different customers. It is a really good feeling to help someone find an outfit for a special event that they look and feel good in.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 14, 2018
I liked working at Catherine's. The discount was nice. Set days off for Store Managers. They did events very often where you were able to call your best customers to pre-sell merchandise in advance of a special sale.
Pros
Set days off
Amazing Culture
Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 14, 2018
The company culture was the best part about the job. You felt like you were a part of a secure family more than just a job. Without the people that I worked with every day, I wouldn't have been able to move up in my career and love my job.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Work-Life Balance lacking
Intriquing place with where you wear many hats to accomplish your duties.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCMay 9, 2018
For the most part a typical day at Catherine's is fun and exciting and upbeat. The ladies that comes to shop there are fun, friendly. It is a learning experience being that I have not worked in a selling like commission work before. I have learned about how to be a sales person and that it can be very satisfying to make these woman feel good about themself afterwards. The hardest part of the job is getting the ladies to apply for a credit card. You wear many hats to perform your job.
Pros
Earning giftcards as a reward, the customera feeling good about the selection they have made.
Cons
No benefits for part time
The environment is lovey
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 5, 2018
There is never a dull moment as you learn and grow in the store.You may not move up but you will learn many helpful skills in sales that you will never forget to help further your future. The hardest thing found in the company is moving up when you do not get the chance to show how you shine because part time is what they mainly offer.
Pros
Fashion shows, holiday dinners, experience, amazing atmosphere
Cons
Part time is mainly offered
I loved working for this company!!
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAApril 30, 2018
I was very saddened when I put in my two weeks notice and had to move to another city in order to get the job I was accepted for. I loved the women I worked with and the customers I came in contact with on a daily basis. It was typical customer service but at least everyone made you feel like family and you felt welcomed. I realy had a fun time working at Catherine's!!!
Pros
discounts were nice
Cons
Nowhere to really grab lunch
Easy but not ideal
Sales Associate, Part time (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 29, 2018
I really enjoyed the staff at Catherines my only complaints are: its pays $7.25 an hours, they can legally only give you 3 hours a week, and if you go Maternity leave they will probably replace you. The job is easy. You only task is cashier, putting out inventory, light housekeeping such as sweeping, and other general customer service. The store is small probably about 900 sqft so its easy to clean. Most of the customers are regulars so they are generally easy to handle. The only perks are: flexible scheduling for college students and you get 50% at Catherines and 40% off at sister stores such as Lane Bryant. I only left because after having a baby I cannot survive off of 3 to 15 hours a week minimum wage job.
Pros
Flexible scheduling and friendly staff
Cons
Minimum wage and sometimes 3 hours a week
great in tampa (now closed)
Retail Assistant Store Manager / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 23, 2018
great place to work, although we went through several managers. there was opportunity to advance or even cross over to a "sister" store. learned a lot there.
horrible
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 19, 2018
Honestly its a horrible place, management is terrible and the working conditions suck. You're on your feet all day and the customers are rude obnoxious women who want all your attention and want you to all but wipe their tail.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything else
Very Slim Hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 11, 2018
Was a nice company, met some nice people. But a part-time Associate was lucky to receive anything more than 15 hours per week. Usually had around 9 hours per week with absolute minimum pay. Not a job I'd recommend.
Bad place to work at
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 5, 2018
District manager has favorite . its all about credits. They dont care how you get them. If you dont get them they write you up. If they dont need you and a friend of management needs a job they fire people on the spot. Very stressful place to work. Distric manager is a mean person. If you get over 40 .kiss your job good bye because they will get rid of you.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Distric manager. Managers
Great work life balance
ASSISTANT BUYER (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMarch 27, 2018
Great work culture. I enjoyed going to work everyday. My team was very supportive and always willing to help. We worked hard from the minute we got in monday morning, allowing us to leave at a decent time every night.
OK place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 26, 2018
I loved helping people finding outfits to where. I did not selling. I do like the customer service. I did money handling and customer service. It was just ok. The Hours were very flexible just didn't work out for me.
Poor management and not trustworthy
Part Time Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCMarch 22, 2018
This isn’t a bad company but the stores are not run at their high potential. Most of the store managers have been working there for years and do everything old school and refuse to train you so you can move up in the company. The other managers and coworkers are not trustworthy and will y’all about you behind your back constantly. The hours are also awful. Since the stores aren’t turning over enough profit there are no hours for part time associates and is a waste.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Everything else
Not the best work place and would not recommend
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXMarch 14, 2018
Employees were argumentative and rude
Not a friendly environment
Pay wasn’t what I thought it would be for a leader
My manager was such a hypocrite
She also finally got fired
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Rude people
friendly and fun place to work, all one big family.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 12, 2018
Greeting customers and helping them pick out new items. I learn how to listen to new ideas. My boss was very helpful in answering any questions the team had. She pushes you to do better because she believes in you! Leaving was the hard part. I liked meeting new customers and i also liked our fashion shows.
Pros
relax working inverment
Cons
Compensation
Sucks to work there
Management (Former Employee) –  LansingMarch 8, 2018
Horrible store manager. Gossips constantly. Smokes in unapproved areas. Only cares about herself, and berates the staff, in front of team members and customers as well.
Pros
Cons
Horrible manager, only cares about herself, and gossips about every one including the district manager. Puts down all.
Catherines is fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 8, 2018
Catherines says work life and personal life are important to them. However, If you want a day off after a holiday or a weekend off. It was extremely hard to get it off because the store manager always had first dibs on those days.
Pros
Good pay and benefits for management
Cons
I had to close on weekends nearly twice a month, If not me then another keyholder, I thought that it wasn't fair for her to never have to close on the weekends, She worked during the day hours only on Fridays and Saturdays
Good place to work for part-time.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 26, 2018
Catherines was my very first job when I graduated high school and had went straight into college. While I was in school, I was able to keep a work/school life balance. Part-time hours are low compared to most part-time job places for example, about 15 hours the most per week or less. For a Sales Associate, the shifts are about 3-4 hours long. The minimum hours wasn't an issue for me while I was attending school. However, if you are seeking more than 20 + hours per week I wouldn't recommend working as a Sales Associate here, I would move up as a Key Holder in the store for they receive normal part-time hours. Other than that, Catherines is more of a slow-paced work environment. The most busiest times of the day is if there is a rush of customers, it could last for about 45 minutes to an hour. Overall, the customers are very loyal and most of the women who shop there have been with Catherines for many years. I have seen that customers enjoy the styles we offer and appreciate the quality of clothing. Working as a Sales Associate at Catherines has been very rewarding because I have been able to go the extra mile in helping customers with the "Selling Excellence" experience we provide to our customers and together as a store team. One of the challenges working at Catherines is selling the Catherines credit card. About 99 percent of the time a customer doesn't want the Catherines card, but it is one of the job duties to achieve a sales goal for the day so you'll have to go out of your comfort to push for a credit goal even if they say no. This isn't impossible to do, considering that  more... team members can also help out by speaking more about the card to help persuade the customer. Otherwise, a typical day at Catherines is all about helping the customer first. If there are no customers in the store than there is always something to do. You can straighten, put away go backs, help out with shipment, steam clothes, fold table tees, etc. Management has been very lenient depending on location as well, but usually you can request days off ahead of time as long as you let your store manager know and most likely they will be willing to work out a set schedule for you. If you are considering working at Catherines, I would say that it is a good place to work for if you are just seeking a small part-time job in a more relaxed environment. The only downside is there is no paid time off vacation, 401 k, or medical, dental benefits.  less
Pros
Relaxed environment, 30 min lunch breaks, loyal customers
Cons
Benefits such as paid time off, medical, dental etc.