Catherines Employee Reviews

Love the store and customers
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Grand forksOctober 2, 2018
Loved my asstiant store manager. First store manager got fired, and the second one is a totally joke. District manager was a very nice lady. Always seemed to get the worst hours of work considering I was a sale lead. Manager did nothing and made everyone else do everthing. Never enough hours to actually survive in life.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Short breaks. Lame hours, never enough hours.
Good discount program
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2018
Not good work-life balance. No mentorship, they don't invest in employees to help them become promotable. Raises are not conducive to living wages need to thrive.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No work-life balance, raises are not conducive to everyday living
Catherines was a good company.
Payroll Clerk/Bank Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2018
Processing payroll, exempt and non-exempt. Monthly bank reconciliation for approximately 300 stores, general ledger input and account research, filing and answering phones..
Pros
Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 26, 2018
Love to see all the new products come in on truck day love putting them together great manger great team very clean store its a great company to work for and u can move up in the company.
Wonderful would still be there except for night work
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 24, 2018
Loved working for Catherines loved the staff and the customers. Just didn't like working nights with small children at home. Can't say enough wonderful things about my time at Catherine's
Cons
night work
Enjoyed this job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed helping the people that came into the store. I had the right amount of training. The people that I worked with was great. The merchandise was great. I would go back to work with them again if the location was right,
Pros
Great pay
Cons
not enough payroll hours to cover store
Catherines
Retail Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHAugust 28, 2018
Waiting on customers in a store. Had to steam clothes, fold clothes, clean bathroom, run sweeper.

Nice people to work with and for.

You got a percentage off of the clothes.
Pros
30% off clohing allowance
Cons
Standing on your feet for hours.
Great place to work if you want to build a new wardrobe. Flexible hours!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Matthews, KYAugust 24, 2018
This is a great part-time job if you want to work on your wardrobe. I joined the team at Catherines just for this reason after graduating college. Teams and managers vary by store, but most have great managers and positive teams. The location I worked at was great about working around your other life responsibilities.

Upper management does expect top sales 24/7, even when customers are nowhere to be found. District management can lack understanding when things such as natural disasters, holidays, bad weather, or community events impede sales results.

Sales associates are expected to enforce company policies (ie. return policy), but local/district management doesn't always back up their associates.
Pros
Great discount, flexible hours, decent management.
Cons
Long hours on your feet, difficult customers, lack of support, unrealistic expectations.
Nice flexibility and work-life balance, but not great pay
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 21, 2018
I am underpaid for Store Managers with my years of experience. I asked for more than I was offered and regret accepting the pay offered to me. While it is a flexible job it is still hard work, and the store managers should be paid what they deserve.
Great Place To work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 13, 2018
Catherine's is a great place to learn and meet new people. The staff really care about you and they always put the customer first. The staff get along very well.
Fun and Productive work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Working at Catherine's was fun and productive each and every day. some days was busy but most days were slow. No matter what, you were always able to get the work need done in a timely matter. the most Enjoyable part about working at Catherine's was connecting and bonding with the customers each everyday and being able t be her Product authority.
slow paced
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 6, 2018
Helping plus size women find the right fit in clothing. Clean out dressing rooms. Cleaning when it was slow. Tell customer about the stores credit card and savings.
Pros
Cons
favoritisom
Nice easy place to work
Cashier, key holder, stocker (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 31, 2018
It was a great job but I had to take care of my new born grandson so his mom could work to support him I loved my job very much it was definitely my line of work
Pros
Half off prices
Cons
Fun for someone looking for a part-time position
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 24, 2018
The position was fun for a young person who loves helping women find their style. The job was flexible with my class schedule and provided opportunities to learn customer service skills.
a good learning with people
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJuly 23, 2018
learning how to deal with people in getting to know want they like in learning to size females in learning want to wear are not.good job in wonderful learning with dealing with a lot of people.
Fun place
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 23, 2018
It was a good company to work for the clothing was nice but it just wasn’t something I was passionate in. It’s a good job starter, the people were nice and I gained some sales experience
Associates not shown a lot of respect
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNJuly 18, 2018
Constant upper management changes.Company direct changed base on each new management team. Customers are great.
the quality of the. product changed harder to sell to her.
Pros
great sales associate and peers
Cons
poor pay and benefits
relaxed work environment close relationship with regular customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 17, 2018
I specialized at customer service which wasn't difficult seeing that most customers we had were regular customers. The workplace is very diverse but theres not much room to grow.
Working experience
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 5, 2018
Overall my experience at Catherine's was good i learned a lot from my co-workers. I was a little abated at first since i was a shift lead and key holder but i got a hang of it with no problem.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 5, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Catherine's because it makes me feel like I am helping others feel better about their appearance. Also, they keep up to date on the latest styles and trends.