Catherines Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place To work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 13, 2018
Catherine's is a great place to learn and meet new people. The staff really care about you and they always put the customer first. The staff get along very well.
Fun and Productive work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Working at Catherine's was fun and productive each and every day. some days was busy but most days were slow. No matter what, you were always able to get the work need done in a timely matter. the most Enjoyable part about working at Catherine's was connecting and bonding with the customers each everyday and being able t be her Product authority.
slow paced
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 6, 2018
Helping plus size women find the right fit in clothing. Clean out dressing rooms. Cleaning when it was slow. Tell customer about the stores credit card and savings.
Pros
Cons
favoritisom
Fun for someone looking for a part-time position
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 24, 2018
The position was fun for a young person who loves helping women find their style. The job was flexible with my class schedule and provided opportunities to learn customer service skills.
a good learning with people
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJuly 23, 2018
learning how to deal with people in getting to know want they like in learning to size females in learning want to wear are not.good job in wonderful learning with dealing with a lot of people.
Fun place
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 23, 2018
It was a good company to work for the clothing was nice but it just wasn’t something I was passionate in. It’s a good job starter, the people were nice and I gained some sales experience
Associates not shown a lot of respect
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNJuly 18, 2018
Constant upper management changes.Company direct changed base on each new management team. Customers are great.
the quality of the. product changed harder to sell to her.
Pros
great sales associate and peers
Cons
poor pay and benefits
relaxed work environment close relationship with regular customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 17, 2018
I specialized at customer service which wasn't difficult seeing that most customers we had were regular customers. The workplace is very diverse but theres not much room to grow.
Working experience
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 5, 2018
Overall my experience at Catherine's was good i learned a lot from my co-workers. I was a little abated at first since i was a shift lead and key holder but i got a hang of it with no problem.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 5, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Catherine's because it makes me feel like I am helping others feel better about their appearance. Also, they keep up to date on the latest styles and trends.
Was a very productive and fun way to interact with others
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJune 28, 2018
A typical day at work would exclude helping our Customer find anything possible that they may need in an efficient amount of time. While being a sales associate at Catherine’s I learn different sizes and different methods to selling items to customers. The management was phenomenal and very understanding and helpful toward learning new things in the workplace. Their workplace culture really taught me something new as far as a sales association. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping our customers Find exactly what they were looking for or anything close to it. Seeing them smile as I sell them our product was the most enjoyable part.
Some of the people were fun to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 22, 2018
It was slowed pace hardly any customers and you'll easliy get bored. Thr hours sucked, if you were living on your own you'll never be able to aurvive on ur own.
Fun work place with flexible Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 22, 2018
The work place culture is causal and fun. The management team shows that they care about their employees. A typical day at work is working with plus size women to make them beautiful. I love working for Catherine's.
Enjoyable
Sales Associate/ Part-Time Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TXJune 19, 2018
It was a very nice learning experience with this company. I enjoyed working here not just because of the company, but because of the people I worked with.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, Willing to work with your personal schedule
Cons
A lot of changes in management
Retail
Part Time Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 14, 2018
This has not been my first retail job, however, this has been the first time that I was discriminated against for being young. I was consistently lead to believe that promotions were on the horizon, but each time the opportunity fell through. There were many times I would be doing the work of a promoted position, and being paid a lower positions rate. Perhaps other districts are different, however, I went from having one bad district manager at this job to an even worse district manager.
Pros
customers, people, environment
Cons
upper management, hours, pay
Great place to work - great team synergy
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 12, 2018
Overall a great culture and place to work. Unlimited paid time off for managers and also 1/2 day Fridays during the summer.
Merchants worked in collaboration with planning, allocations, design, sourcing and marketing. Truly a group effort delivering our customers the best product, fit and promotions each quarter.
Pros
Unlimited time off, 1/2 day Fridays in the summer
Cons
Working on a vertical calendar with many blackout dates per month did not allow a lot of flexablity
Hello
Sales Associate/ Key holder (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 11, 2018
I love working this job but due to medical issues i am unable to continue. They work place is a great environment and and awesome colleagues.I would recommend working there
Fun!
Sales Associate/ Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 25, 2018
I worked here part time while in college and they were outstanding in working with classes. Customers and employees were both fun and nice. Primarily customer service driven.
Great work environment but terrible leaders.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYMay 24, 2018
Hours are unpredictable and managers get always with everything!! When it comes to being a key leader your bullied non stop about small issues, And they’ll threaten your job! The customers are regular and some are nice, but the communication with the crew and management is terrible. The job is great for teens in college but they won’t hire anyone under 20.
Pros
Discount at sister stores
Cons
Mangers, hours and only raise is when minunim wage goes up.
Good Flexible Hours
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 23, 2018
This is a good company if you are looking for part time flexible positions. The work environment within the company is fairly nice and there are a few opportunities to advance within the company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Few Hours