Catherines
73Above average

Catherines Employee Reviews

United States537 reviews
Production and a great work enviroment. Great.DM, willing teach and assist. Great product , last a lifetime. Company is compassionate about employee and Customer Service

Pros
Good floor set, always bright color incl
Cons
Not enough time to get company task due.
This was the worst job I ever had, I would not suggest anyone I know to get a job there. The manager begged me to come back after I quit, she was crazy
Pros
First dibs at clothing
Cons
Bad pay
The job was easy enough and rarely stressful. Everyone there is kind and welcoming. The manager and assistant manager care about their employees and are really willing to work with them to meet any special needs that arise. It was a very pleasant workplace.
love coworkers & customers. Love going in. Short shifts. not lots of hours total tho. Love the job and great discount & specials just for employees. Only complaint is the compensation is almost insulting for the job requirements. Cashier's wages (actually probably less) for a sales job position.
With a different district manager and a different regional manager I would work for them again. The customers are fantastic and even 4 years later I still have contact with them. The total experience was about the customers for me.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I can't wait for the store to open again to get back to working with great managers and co workers. I love the fact that we make so many ladies happy when they leave the store with their purchases!
Liked working with customer's taking care of them was the main priority , working well with employees and having the respect, honesty and reliability.
It was a laid back job for my first clothing store job. When i was pregnant they didn't over work me they made sure if i had a doctors appointment that i was off for that day. The pay is not enough. There are only 2 workers and when 1 worker goes on a break you have to manage all the customers and take clothes to other customers trying on clothes. You can't do everthing. People like to steal and you cant watch them
Management was terrible overall great company. Manager seemed to be under a lot of pressure with her job as well as home environment. Company cared for employees but manager didn’t.
Great experience and job. Learned many skills and used writing skills any chance given. Caring and friendly coworkers. Knowledgeable district manager.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Catherines?
I loved helping customers picking out clothes that make them feel good. I enjoyed the restocking, the unloading of new merchandise, everything about the job.
Working for Catherine teaches you how to utilize your time how to interact and become knowledgeable of situation while keeping in mind that the customer is always the center of our Focus and to build a connection with them you have to take time to listen and be empathetic
Stay away!!!!
The Manager and the District Manager will act like they care but it is all fake. There is alot of back stabbing an talking behind backs like kids. One associate caught the store manager sticking her tongue out at me behind my back. They only care about what you can do for them. The store manager would talk to the employees like kids instead of women.

Message to Company put camera in the store and observe what is really going on in your stores, or send in secrete shoppers to spy. You will get a surprise.
Good company to work for and they management and corporate are okay OK with. But wish it paid more and gave part time employees insurance. Also more hours.
There's no room for advancement. Management doesn't encourage you or try to help you advance in the company. A lot of favoritism. Little to no hours & the pay is terrible
My job is assistant manager and I love it the job itself is rewarding but helping the customers find what they need is my favorite part about working at Catherines
I love working for Catherine's Plus Size. Our culture is one of care and empathy for our customers and making relationships not just sales. I love that I can have a conversation with my clients and not have to make them feel pressured. I get to pay attention to her and make her feel like the beauty she is. My team of co-workers is wonderful! Everyone really pulls together to help one another out and meet our goals as a team.
Modesto store manager makes the workplace a hostile environment. Company does not appreciate employees.
Sales associates are great and help make work tolerable.

Manager takes advantage of employees, dishonest, rude to customers and employees.
Catherine's is a plus size store for women. We have a great staff that works well together and we know each others strengths and weaknesses. We communicate well and laugh alot at work. Tasks are met as a team.
Pros
Great group of people in our store
Cons
No benefits for associates beyond managers.
Also what they are looking for and what Occasion they came in for , such as Awaiting a vacation a girls trip etc. Meeting new people everyday and putting a smile on there face . Also making it a fun Environment for my coworkers and myself
As a team everyone did have a hand in building the next one up. We worked together as a team to achieve sales goals, credit card apps, and perks cards.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catherines. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9