Catherines Employee Reviews

I was warned not to work here!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, CODecember 18, 2018
It’s a toxic place to work. I was warned from past employees not to work here. Look out they deduct your mistakes from your wages & I signed nothing!
You’ll work all the time & you’ll never have a socail life!
Customer Service orientated store.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 11, 2018
Catherine's is a very one on one personal experience for our customers. That's really what was enjoyable about working for Catheines. The relationships with our customers and staff is like no other.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CADecember 4, 2018
Typical day at Catherine's was to assist customers with their purchasing needs. I learned to organize and make sure the store looked immaculate. Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers yet staying positive and professional
Stylish clothes for curvy women
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 21, 2018
Greet customers and attend to their needs upon their purchasing items from our store. My goal was to assist customers with purchasing clothes that meet their style since the clothes are generated for women with curves.
Pros
Excellent customer service
Cons
Short hour
Supportive environment for everyone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTNovember 19, 2018
I absolutely loved working here. At Catherine's, our goal was to help women feel beautiful in their own bodies and the positive message our company spread created a strong and supportive work environment for everyone.
Great work place, Friendly
pet parlor/ dog bather/assistant (Current Employee) –  Watertown, CTNovember 12, 2018
A great place to work! Management is wonderful. Catherine is such a sweet and outgoing person and she is amazing with all the animals. The hardest part of the job would be getting pretty dirty and hairy some times, but the awesome pets you get to work with, the location of the work and the friendliness of the staff makeups for that! I would recommend Catherine's Pet Parlor to anyone who is applying there and anyone who wants their pet groomed!
Pros
Great work place, good pay, friendly, good location
Cons
nothing
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VANovember 5, 2018
No day is typical. You deal with issues as they arise but the manager does allow you to handle the issue and only steps in when needed. Flexible work hours a plus
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 30, 2018
The typical Catherines Assistant Manager salaries are $11-$14 an hour. This estimate is based upon 17 Catherines Assistant Manager salary reports provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods.
Pros
You get to help customer find what they need
Cons
everybody does not feel the same way
Quick Paced job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 26, 2018
I am learning how to prioritize as well as, with consistency, complete a task in a timely manner, and know how to engage with every customer in a manner that is best for that customer (for every customer is different), but achieve the same goal of great customer service.
Very relaxing place to work
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSOctober 7, 2018
Its a very laid back type of vibe, mostly stocked since it was always slow. The hours or pay wasn't that great, but at the time it was the kind of job that took on a pregnant lady.
Pros
laid back and discounts
Cons
low pay and hours
Love the store and customers
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Grand forksOctober 2, 2018
Loved my asstiant store manager. First store manager got fired, and the second one is a totally joke. District manager was a very nice lady. Always seemed to get the worst hours of work considering I was a sale lead. Manager did nothing and made everyone else do everthing. Never enough hours to actually survive in life.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Short breaks. Lame hours, never enough hours.
Good discount program
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2018
Not good work-life balance. No mentorship, they don't invest in employees to help them become promotable. Raises are not conducive to living wages need to thrive.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No work-life balance, raises are not conducive to everyday living
Catherines was a good company.
Payroll Clerk/Bank Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2018
Processing payroll, exempt and non-exempt. Monthly bank reconciliation for approximately 300 stores, general ledger input and account research, filing and answering phones..
Pros
Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 26, 2018
Love to see all the new products come in on truck day love putting them together great manger great team very clean store its a great company to work for and u can move up in the company.
Wonderful would still be there except for night work
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 24, 2018
Loved working for Catherines loved the staff and the customers. Just didn't like working nights with small children at home. Can't say enough wonderful things about my time at Catherine's
Cons
night work
Enjoyed this job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed helping the people that came into the store. I had the right amount of training. The people that I worked with was great. The merchandise was great. I would go back to work with them again if the location was right,
Pros
Great pay
Cons
not enough payroll hours to cover store
Catherines
Retail Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHAugust 28, 2018
Waiting on customers in a store. Had to steam clothes, fold clothes, clean bathroom, run sweeper.

Nice people to work with and for.

You got a percentage off of the clothes.
Pros
30% off clohing allowance
Cons
Standing on your feet for hours.
Great place to work if you want to build a new wardrobe. Flexible hours!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Matthews, KYAugust 24, 2018
This is a great part-time job if you want to work on your wardrobe. I joined the team at Catherines just for this reason after graduating college. Teams and managers vary by store, but most have great managers and positive teams. The location I worked at was great about working around your other life responsibilities.

Upper management does expect top sales 24/7, even when customers are nowhere to be found. District management can lack understanding when things such as natural disasters, holidays, bad weather, or community events impede sales results.

Sales associates are expected to enforce company policies (ie. return policy), but local/district management doesn't always back up their associates.
Pros
Great discount, flexible hours, decent management.
Cons
Long hours on your feet, difficult customers, lack of support, unrealistic expectations.
Nice flexibility and work-life balance, but not great pay
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 21, 2018
I am underpaid for Store Managers with my years of experience. I asked for more than I was offered and regret accepting the pay offered to me. While it is a flexible job it is still hard work, and the store managers should be paid what they deserve.
Great Place To work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 13, 2018
Catherine's is a great place to learn and meet new people. The staff really care about you and they always put the customer first. The staff get along very well.