Catherines Employee Reviews

Was only allowed to work three hours a day.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCJune 18, 2019
Working here I wasn’t able to make much money because sales associates only work 3 hours max a day. So only 6 to 9 hours a week. Also poor management.
Fun workplace, great people, but low salary.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJune 10, 2019
I loved the people I worked with but I hoped there would be more opportunity for salary competition. Working commission might have been helpful because it would've drove sales even more.
Too much extra!
Part-Time Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 30, 2019
Ok place to work for depending on which store you work at. Our store closed right after a hurricane in which we were only given two weeks notice and was rushed to take a severence pay, which wasnt nothing unless you were making a lot and have been there for years. The Wilmington NC store I worked for was great but the cooperate Ascena brand people suck and dont care about yhe lityle people only their sales which are unrealistic due to the cost of clothing and the economy.
Cons
Too much work not enough pay and appreciation from cooperate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXMay 28, 2019
New Store Manager is very professional. Extremely cordial to ALL customers. Sales Team very cordial as well. Ladies seem knowledgeable and willing to assist/recommend styles/patterns. Very engaging staff!

DM is NOT a pleasant person. EXTREMELY opinionated and unfriendly. Person is a morale killer! That's why low mark for Management NOT Store Manager.
Pros
Limited discounts
Cons
Poor earning potential (Hourly wage too low for amount of work expected)
It was okay. Hours not that great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 27, 2019
Only worked 6-9 hours a week. It was okay to start in. Don’t recommend staying too long. Co-workers were nice. There’s some favoritism. But the store is pretty small you run out of things to do.
slow, unreliable,
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 20, 2019
No matter what we did we hardly had customers. The company does not know which merchandise to provide the area with. We wouldn't have any of the things the customers needed.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
pay
Unique workspace to experiment with new styles
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMay 20, 2019
Enjoyed working here and getting to know our regular customers. Always a pleasure picking out the perfect outfit for them. The manager was always quick to teach and help grow.
It was decent work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2019
I work good with people, I'm always respectful, i stay positive,
i leave my problems at home and never bring it to work, i like to interact with the customers,
i am a hard worker, i get things done, i am very determined, trustworthy, and very helpful
An awesome place to work
Style Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHMay 16, 2019
I was overjoyed to work at Catherine's . The sometimes fast paced environment, meeting so many interesting people, and helping full figured people feel like they belong and feeling confident was the best feeling in the world. Working there made me realize I love fashion and display design.
Pros
Incentives for working hard
company doesnt do enough traing or holding meetings
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 16, 2019
poor management, under paid salary, company does not care about their employee's always understaffed, poor training, schedule issues, very pushy to customers
Pros
location
Cons
bad salary, bad management
Poorly run business
PT Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, CTMay 15, 2019
This company cares nothing about their employees. It's all about getting the customer to sign up for a credit card by any means necessary. I refuse to bully and harrass customers in this way.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Harassment at it's finest
I feel that catherines is a wonderful place to work and show your cusotmer service skills
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 14, 2019
customer service is the key to everything!!! our clients come in to have a shopping experience that is all about her and my team is trained and ready to provide that.
Catherines provides training and support for all team members... no one is left behind and we have continuous training to make each associate better at their job,
Fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 6, 2019
I loved my time at Catherines. It was a great experience. The love for the customers is so comforting.You could instantly feel at home. Management was great. Very fun to work .
Poor Staffing
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 8, 2019
I was hired for 12 hours a week. I received 3.5-8hours a week. Due to new management, I were removed from schedule for 1 1/2months and I was expected to still show up for work afterwards. I had to seek other employment. Was hired as a cashier. Based on hours scheduled, I was the clean up crew as well as the assistant to the key holder. I rung up sales for a few days then my services were no longer needed.
Cons
At this job your a server and your customer comes first
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 27, 2019
I worked at Catherins for a few months and I enjoyed my time there for the most part. Management was very nice and most employees were courteous and helpful. they have a swinging door problem, and sometimes the work is not worth the pay. you get a nice discount for clothes but if your thin then you can't wear anything but the jewelry and other non fitted items so that perk is not worth it.
Pros
nice people, calm environment, flexible hours
Cons
new hires and short work periods, sometimes not enough hours to go around
Absolutely would not recommend
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 14, 2019
If you feel like getting bullied and harrassed about coming in on your days off, if you love being hired on with a certain availability then having the manager constantly schedule outside if that, if you feel like being talked down to for everything, covering for someone that won't get off their phone, etc., then this is the job for you. If you want decent pay and even a crumb of respect, stay far away.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Terrible manager, short breaks, scheduling
N/a
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 4, 2019
Good place to work. A lot of good regular customers shop at this store who drive many miles from different part of the state. I recommend working at the store who want to gain some management exprience.
Wouldnt recomend...
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 28, 2019
The district manager comes off like shes better then you at doing anything, manager couldnt make a schedule on time, and they cant keep employees because of how they schedual people, the district manager could care less about you as well as the manager of the store, my car broke down and the manager was upset and told me to uber or Lyft. When I had no money and if i did it would have to go towards my car... the manager is also very childish and theres no appreciation for the employees no matter how hard they try and do good it goes un-noticed. Dont get me wrong this job was easy and made you feel good when helping customers find clothes but the management needs some major inporvments. But all the stuff you have to do I dont think the pay is worth it.
Pros
50% discount, flexible schedule.
Cons
Low pay, bad managment.
cathriens is ok
Sales Lead/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OH 44060February 26, 2019
I like my job but its not every thing I want it to be. The environment is great and the employees are good to work with for the most part. I would defiantly recommend .
Extremely stressful place to work
Former Store manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 23, 2019
I put in many years with this company until some big changes happened. It's a hard company to work for. My DM didn't care about my devoted loyalty to the company. All she cared about was how collaborate I was and forget if you aren't loud and out going you are no good for the company. That's discrimination to someone's personality. Finally left and not looking back! All you are is a number to these companies.
Pros
Regular Customers