Catholic Charities of Baltimore Employee Reviews

Dont do it
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 26, 2019
I was SCREWED OVER HORRIBLY BY THIS COMPANY. my problem was I became too complacent. That's where I messed up. It could be a good place to work if upper management truly cared about their staff, and not only when it was convenient for them. To the staff that's still there, please please please, watch your back. so much more I want to say but that's not necessary. If you considering working here, please be careful. Always have someone with you. If not you will end up walking into a situation you did not see coming. PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Don't let them make you out to be something or someone you not. WATCH YOUR BACK.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great!
Accounting (Current Employee) –  MDFebruary 18, 2019
Catholic Charities of Baltimore has a wonderful mission which fundamentally guides the way the work is done, but also embraces a strong business sense.
Not Worth your time
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 21, 2019
This company has shifts that are too long, Every shift should be no more than 8hrs per day. Your weekends can easily be 12 hrs per day if not longer. They should do away with sleep over postions. Because you're not paid for them unless it's awake overnight. Management is never hands on much less tangible. Management acts as if you call them you're bothering them. Management doesn't realize they have 24hr responsibility hints the word (Manager) Management plays blind to alot of issues. Directors are no different,raises should go by a Merit system. You can be late give out the wrong medications, call out and you'll still get a raise. The raises are nothing to write home about you wear too many hats you're a cook, medication tech, driver, activity planner, appt runner and for the money they pay it's definitely not enough. Management will expect you to know a million things and they no nothing Management will also make you find your own coverage when you want to take off but if you've accumulated your time off you should be able to take off without issues Managerment acts like they can't work in the homes. Favoritism what's expected of some staff is not expected of others. Management will always throw you under the bus if it means saving their job. Management is very lazy and the Directors know it and could careless. Most Management have been there for years I'm sure and they always get away with stuff and the higher ups know it they just don't care. They pretend to care about the clients but in actuality they just comply with whatever the state makes up at that time. Management  more... thinks they can talk to staff any kind of way. But you can talk to them in a civil manner thry're not use to that.  less
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Very Low Pay, Long Hours
An excellent place to work
Associate to the Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 10, 2018
Starting from the leadership on top and impacting the whole agency, the culture is incredibly mission-driven. There is a definite feeling that the agency is striving not only to do good work, but to do good work effectively while also caring for its employees.
Mission-Driven Organization with a Great Culture!
HR Professional (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 31, 2018
I've thoroughly enjoyed my first year at Catholic Charities of Baltimore. There is flexibility in most programs and a great work/life balance. Our programs are truly mission-driven and provide amazing services to our clients.

The Agency has increased their focus on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, and has made it one of the strategic initiatives across the company. I see lots of diversity in all of our programs, and it's great to know the Agency is focused on improving it even more!
Pros
Diversity Equity & Inclusion focus, Mission-driven organization, Great benefits, Excellent work/life balance, Focus on helping individuals in need
Cons
No cons at this time
Official response from Catholic Charities of Baltimore
November 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're so glad to hear that you have been enjoying your time at Catholic Charities of Baltimore!

Liz Markov
Director, Talent Acquisition & Talent Management

There is nothing "Catholic" nor "Charity" about catholic charities.
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 3, 2018
Only helped children who qualified for MCHP. As someone said..."easy, fast money for them." Major issue when HR manager and management of program were working together for their advancement and retirement. Major turn over in program due to management and low morale. Pay is way below living standard. Stay away.
Pros
Co workers were good to work with.
Cons
Back stabbing, poor management.
Official response from Catholic Charities of Baltimore
October 31, 2018

I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Catholic Charities of Baltimore. Please contact me to discuss your concerns.

Regards,

Liz Markov
lmarkov@cc-md.org
Director, Talent Acquisition & Talent Management

Beware of whrc
Culinary Intern (Former Employee) –  WhrcJuly 15, 2018
Dont do it .. its like working in the jail the residents run that place hated it there every second Dont do it its a freaking jungle where you can be killed
Management Lacked Empathy
Former program assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2018
Management never genuinely showed empathy towards staff and their concerns. Managements only concern was ensuring that the homeless women were appeased.
Pros
helping those few homeless women that truly wanted to help themselves to become self reliant again.
Cons
To much back stabbing amongst the staff
Needs more organization
Elder Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 11, 2018
Love the environment. The family's and residents are quite nice ppl, some csn be hard but not all the time. My manager (household coordinator) is on top of her game! Very well organized and plays no games when it’s time to take care of business. Ie: family concerns, employee problems or being a listening ear! She knows her job and does it well! My coworkers are supportive and team players! Sunshine lane is the best house hold to work on‼️
Pros
Fun work environment.
Cons
Raises are very few, u pay for lunch where there is plenty to give employees
Great Company
Elder Assistant/Certified Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2018
Great company to work for. Associates for friendly and helpful, especially to new staff. I loved my house coordinator (supervisor). Great people to work with and residents were pretty good too!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great clients / Extremely inadequate management / supervisor
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 8, 2018
They do provide ample good clients to meet your required caseload. However there is NO job security resulting from extremely inadequate management and supervisors. Catholic Charities say that their mission is to help those in need, yet they will pull the rug right from under an employee without any regard for the clients well being.
Pros
No job security
Cons
Extremely POOR communication from management / supervisor
its not what you know ITS WHO YOU KNOW
Tax Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Basilica PlaceDecember 20, 2017
the management side of it is awful , need to hire a management company, property management is black and white with them its definitely Tie-Dye. So many work relationship that stick together and if you against them they will do whatever to get you out. definitely dont follow fair housing as its who you know , see lawsuits coming soon between fair housing and them stealing from the old people.
Pros
Can Retire in 15 Years
Cons
Cut Throat
good work place
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2017
Great place to help build your career. Experience with different populations and services. There are over 80 programs that you can work for, each one providing different services and needs.
benefits
Cons
lack of communication at times
Great place if you love helping others with low pay and no recognition
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 27, 2017
This company seems to always make "best place to work"which is baffling. They have the absolute worst communication and when they realize there's a problem you have to work over to make up for management's poor leadership. I get paid for 37.5 hrs, but I actually work 40+. Its great to help people but it would also be nice to be able to live comfortably after a stressful work week. This company is only worth working for to gain experience and then leave for a company that will actually appreciate you.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
low pay, unappreciated, overworked, high expectations
Easy job
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2017
The work culture can be described as laid back but only because standards are quite low on projects. Most people who stay are comfortable but anyone with ambition selects out of this organization
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MD.May 24, 2017
I learned I a lot from the staff there. I would like to be employed there it the opportunity was there. The staff was very intelligent and helpful to me. I learned a lot.
Pros
I learned a lot
Cons
temp job for me because it was a internship
Bad Management
Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 15, 2017
This company is awful from the staff up to the CEO they dont care about there ppl and low pay. They bring in millions and still under pays employees.
Great work environment and loves to serve others
Service Coordinator II/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2017
Every day brings its own challenges so this requires a commitment to learning as you go. I've learned a greater level compassion for others who are less fortunate.
Good heart.
Program Director of Dozier House (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2016
The management team had a good heart by expressing their concerns for the homeless. I learned that without a plan to work holistically with the client and to provide a clear path to recovery it would set the participant up for failure.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive; fun; educational; personal growth
Lead Teacher, Headstart (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 12, 2016
A place where your creativity is welcomed; daily relationship building between children, families and co-workers; opportunities for personal growth; a plethora of educational opportunities; partnership engagement; community fun; a very well diverse program. A great place to work.
Pros
Holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Charities of Baltimore. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8