Catholic Charities of Baltimore Employee Reviews in Timonium, MD

A Great company
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJune 6, 2019
A great company to work with that does a host of interventions for the physically and intellectually challenged as well as the unfortunate persons in our society.

Mainly work but can be fun.
Dont do it
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 26, 2019
I was SCREWED OVER HORRIBLY BY THIS COMPANY. my problem was I became too complacent. That's where I messed up. It could be a good place to work if upper management truly cared about their staff, and not only when it was convenient for them. To the staff that's still there, please please please, watch your back. so much more I want to say but that's not necessary. If you considering working here, please be careful. Always have someone with you. If not you will end up walking into a situation you did not see coming. PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Don't let them make you out to be something or someone you not. WATCH YOUR BACK.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not Worth your time
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 21, 2019
This company has shifts that are too long, Every shift should be no more than 8hrs per day. Your weekends can easily be 12 hrs per day if not longer. They should do away with sleep over postions. Because you're not paid for them unless it's awake overnight. Management is never hands on much less tangible. Management acts as if you call them you're bothering them. Management doesn't realize they have 24hr responsibility hints the word (Manager) Management plays blind to alot of issues. Directors are no different,raises should go by a Merit system. You can be late give out the wrong medications, call out and you'll still get a raise. The raises are nothing to write home about you wear too many hats you're a cook, medication tech, driver, activity planner, appt runner and for the money they pay it's definitely not enough. Management will expect you to know a million things and they no nothing Management will also make you find your own coverage when you want to take off but if you've accumulated your time off you should be able to take off without issues Managerment acts like they can't work in the homes. Favoritism what's expected of some staff is not expected of others. Management will always throw you under the bus if it means saving their job. Management is very lazy and the Directors know it and could careless. Most Management have been there for years I'm sure and they always get away with stuff and the higher ups know it they just don't care. They pretend to care about the clients but in actuality they just comply with whatever the state makes up at that time. Management  more... thinks they can talk to staff any kind of way. But you can talk to them in a civil manner thry're not use to that.  less
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Very Low Pay, Long Hours
Mission-Driven Organization with a Great Culture!
HR Professional (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 31, 2018
I've thoroughly enjoyed my first year at Catholic Charities of Baltimore. There is flexibility in most programs and a great work/life balance. Our programs are truly mission-driven and provide amazing services to our clients.

The Agency has increased their focus on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, and has made it one of the strategic initiatives across the company. I see lots of diversity in all of our programs, and it's great to know the Agency is focused on improving it even more!
Pros
Diversity Equity & Inclusion focus, Mission-driven organization, Great benefits, Excellent work/life balance, Focus on helping individuals in need
Cons
No cons at this time
Official response from Catholic Charities of Baltimore
November 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're so glad to hear that you have been enjoying your time at Catholic Charities of Baltimore!

Liz Markov