Catholic Charities of Oswego County Employee Reviews

Lack of Opportunities Cost Them A Good Employee
Pantry, Clerical (Current Employee) –  Fulton, NYMay 20, 2019
No opportunity for employee advancement. Zero opportunity for temp workers to get hired and stay unless they meet VERY specific criteria. No matter how much I excelled at my job, they could not hire me because they only use temp workers for my job. No training was offered for my position. No vacation time was offered. Pay was minimum wage, which is terrible. Good luck trying to pay rent and a car payment with this job alone. My direct manager was great, but the managers of the branches that hire people could use work. Job was slow some days, but often clients were very difficult to deal with and rude to employees who are there to do them a service. I was considering staying with the company, but no positions suitable for me were offered. My co-workers in my department were great to get along with. Other departments kept to themselves mostly.
Pros
friendly co-workers, easy commute, hours were consistent
Cons
No benefits, miserable pay, short breaks
Do not recommend
Mental health transporter (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYMay 1, 2019
One big click, if you dont fit in you will be fired. Fired on last day of probation period for NO reason. When asked, i was told they did not need one
Pros
Pay and work/life balance
Cons
Management, clients, drama
Family oriented
caseworker (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYJanuary 7, 2019
I worked as a caseworker up until the agency lost the contract due to the county losing money. The agency did everything possible to help me find another job and even offered my family assistance if facing a hardship. As a full-time employee with the agency you earn a ton of paid time off along with a bunch of paid holidays. This was great for my family and it was easy to balance work and home life. I loved my supervisor and could be up front, honest, and ask questions without feeling judged.
Pros
Agency provides a lot of items for you specific to the program you work in
Cons
As with all places in the world, there are negative people who shouldn't be allowed to leave their home and suck the life out of you.
Non-Profit
Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYMay 19, 2017
This was the best job I had had in years, I was unable to keep my position due to being in an accident, However they did their best keeping my position available for me as long as legally possible. Would recommend this company.
Catholic Charities
Relatives Raising Relatives Teen Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Catholic Charities was a great and by far one of my favorite places to work at. Co workers who you talked with are great, your bosses and managers were awesome, pay was great, You got paid Mileage, leaving your home, leaving the office, and from client to client, and other places you went. You received another cell phone so you didn't have to give out your personal number. You also received a GPS, iPad or laptop.If I could I would go back to my old job as a Teen Case Manager. I loved helping the teens, helping them helped me. I got to bring a client to the gym a few times and also go to get my college credit as well as work out while getting paid. You would get a few hours of sick pay each month as well as vacation time. Everything was great.
Pros
Cons
Didn't really talk to a lot of co workers, had to park a block away and walk