Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark, Mount Carmel Guild Behavioral Health and Mount Carmel Guild Schools Employee Reviews

the worst working environment I have ever been in
Spanish Teacher (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJAugust 17, 2018
Toxic work environment, lack of commitment to the students. No technology available in the classroom. Unsafe hostile working conditions. Staff morale is low because of the administration. Students are disturbed and there is physical violence on a regular basis.
benefits
Cons
salary and work environment
The most unprofessional place I have ever worked
Computer Literacy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 2, 2018
This place is the most unorganized place I have ever worked. They are super cheap and don’t pay their staff living wages. I have meet people that have worked here Full-Time for 20 years and don’t make 30k. They have no loyalty to their employees and there is no job security what so ever. They are laying off their staff after giving them less than three months to attain a teacher’s certification, and they refuse to pay for it. They fire people and then give their responsibilities to other over worked employees instead of hiring another person. Only work here while looking for another job somewhere else.
Pros
Your check, Coworkers
Cons
Every thing else, pay rate, job security.
could be better
Resident Youth Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 18, 2018
Good place to work if you are just starting off. Definitely not a forever job, meaning if your looking to make it a career its not. More can be done as far as management goes. i have been working there over three years and it has already been 4 managers and 4 clinicians. There is no consistence with staff. the residents are very disrespectful and treat staff very disrespectful with no consequences. This makes it extremely difficult to do a good job.
Pros
you can get additional overtime on a regular basis.
Cons
If your relief does not show up you cant leave.
Productive and diverse worplace
Telecommunications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 1, 2018
CC gives most employees the sense of a Relaxed work environment, 90 percent of our support calls are taken care of remotely. It is a hands on support team of individuals who bounce ideas and suggestions around the room to keep our department up to date with the latest technology. its a very diverse department, with all guys with the exception of myself.
Great place to work if you don’t really need money. They assist people from all walks of life many are high functioning.
Fee for Service Clinician (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJMarch 28, 2018
I worked there as a Fee for Service Clinician. Fee for service is like volunteering at Catholic Charities there’s an outdated laborious EMR System, which adds to the stress of trying to increase client compliance with therapy. Your earnings fluctuate because you’re depending on Patients with multiple barriers to show up weekly, not good if you really need to earn a living.
Low Morale and high turnover.
Pros
Great Lunches when the drug reps visit
Cons
Fee for Service is a win win for Catholic Charities and Lost Lost for the Fee for Service Clinician.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  NJJanuary 13, 2018
Staff are great to work with there is many diffrent programs doing diffrent things for the poor community,children,adobtion center, and adults that suffer from mental illness is incredible the staff works very very hard to provide these people a better quality of life they are verry passionate for what they do i truly see that we all work from the heart and not for the money.
Co-workers were great that's about it
CM (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 10, 2018
Definitely over worked and under paid..This company does not value the people that work for them. Everyone is replaceable. you can go above and beyond and they don't appreciate it.Don't waste your time!!!
Pros
Great co-workers and holidays off paid
Cons
SALARY!!! Health benefits
Overworked and underpaid
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJDecember 6, 2017
The best parts were helping the clients, building rapport, watch them grow and do good for themselves. It makes me sad that they become attached, but workers are treated so unfairly that the clients are used to seeing new staff more often than they should. The staff is excellent, but the manager is horrific and basically runs a dictatorship at the site. There are very little to no lunch breaks. You can barely use the restroom. A worker is to bend over backwards and perform an insane amount of responsibilities at once without good leadership and support. It's no wonder the turnover rate is crazy high. Worst job experience ever, all due to horrible management. You shouldn't work here if you respect yourself. No one lasts at least a year there.
Pros
Cool staff, great clients, all holidays are off and paid
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks at all, dictator as a manager, constant scrutiny and belittling.
good
Intensive Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 25, 2017
It is a nice enviornment to work in. Co worker are very helpful and the manager was down to earth. I appreciated how welcoming and friendly my co workers were to me.
Pros
nice workers
Cons
healthcare
challenging environment
Immigration Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 16, 2017
I stayed with that company for 10 years and loved the mission and the people I worked with and the clients. Lots to learn and offer in terms of helping legal and illegal immigrants.
Pros
satisfying job
Cons
too long of a commute
Good place to learn some working strategies
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 23, 2017
As a intern in the Crisis Response Program, I do home visit to children and their family (assessment and plan). I learned a lot. However, the stuff there are a little bit overwhelmed.
Professional and enjoyable environment where we shared special moments with the clients
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 23, 2017
Very professional office with room to learn more of the immigration law as it changes constantly, had very nice co workers who were willing to help with any case as needed, enjoyed working with a diverse population and serving as a case worker was very fulfilling.
I worked directly with DYFS and the SIJ cases. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people with special needs and circumstances, making a difference in their lives.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
healthcare
Stepping stone
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 6, 2016
OK job. You learn a lot from the clients. Management can use improvement. Job culture is great. I see no room for growth.

...............
Fun and productive workplace.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 4, 2015
Busy but productive day at work. I learned that being organized in everything, especially lesson plans is essential. I also learned to get along with my co-workers to create a better environment for the children so that they could get comfortable with eachother. The best part of my day was learning more from the children each day to create an unforgettable bond.
very fun friendly environment
receptionist (Current Employee) –  newark,njJanuary 16, 2015
Im a Desk Receptionist first contact
love everyone here there is nothing hard about working here. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with DDD and DVR clients they keep me smiling and laughing love it
great oppurtunity
Clinician/Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 5, 2014
great place to gain experience. has diverse environment and comfortable work place.
Pros
good benefits, provides company vehicle
Not an ideal work experience! Totally lacked professionalism!
Clinician II (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 1, 2012
I did not have a pleasurable experience working with Catholic Charities! Upon newly hired, I learned of a lay-off sweep the week prior to my start date. Lay-offs throughout my tenure as an employee was on average, yearly. I would not recommend this employer, should one really desire stability and security, because it truly lacks such and upper management/administration within select departments tends to be in poor standing. I was there for 3 and a half years to see four lay-off sweeps and departments closing, and a cold work environment, not to be anticipated upon working for a company above professionalism and purpose to reflect godliness.
Hopefully, this division was just a bad apple!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark, Mount Carmel Guild Behavioral Health and Mount Carmel Guild Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark, Mount Carmel Guild Behavioral Health and Mount Carmel Guild Schools Reviews by Job Title

Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark, Mount Carmel Guild Behavioral Health and Mount Carmel Guild Schools Reviews by Location