Catholic Charities of the East Bay Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
A productive and friendly place
VOLUNTEER INTERPRETER AND TRANSLATOR (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 15, 2018
It was a great internship experience because each day I went, I was taught something new or simply learned from others. I enjoyed being surrounded by the people who work there and the ability to help clients who stepped past the Catholic Charities' doors.
Good
Circle Keeper/Staff (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 12, 2018
I work for Catholic charities starting at a young age. They were good with development of my character,
great pay and work with my schedule. It was a good high school job for me
Good entry workplace for post graduates or law clerks
Immigration Paralegal/Immigration Counselor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CADecember 11, 2017
Good workplace culture depending on your department, lots of company holidays and paid time off. Benefits need to be improved as well as salary increases.
Pros
Collaborative, flexible schedules, good managers
Cons
Benefits for employees
productive
Bilingual Counselor (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 10, 2017
Worked collaboratively with providing services to clients within the community within a counseling setting.Provided referrals to inhouse case manager and worked with referrals as needed in clients best interest.
An excellent organization
Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 16, 2017
An excellent organization - innovative, strategic, stable, professional. The best staff I have ever worked with - caring, compassionated, loving human beings. They care about their clients.
Excellent opportunity to work for those in need.
Volunteer And Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Catholic Charities of the East Bay was an excellent place to work; staff focused on helping and caring for those in need including the homeless, immigrants, those imprisoned, foster children and those with psychological issues. As a non-profit, the monies raised through grants and government programs is often not secure enough to insure steady employment or better wages. Typically, however, you are recognized for out-of-the-box thinking and entrepreneurship.
Pros
In the past benefits such a health care have been top of the line.
Cons
Job security was not always possible.
Great Mission & People
Grant Writer, part time contractor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 27, 2016
I served as a temporary, contractual grant writer, and thoroughly enjoyed my colleagues and the work. I worked on grant proposals for CCEB's Mental Health Services program and learned about "trauma informed practices" and restoration justice for juveniles. Compelling!
Pros
parking
Cons
long commute from San Rafael, Ca
Seems to have lost sight on what they are suppose to be doing.
Site Coordinator for the VITA Program (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 26, 2015
With changes in management they were more interested in getting Accredited than helping the poor. Discontinuing most of their programs. I guess they were trying to start over.
Pros
My supervisor was the best. I really enjoyed working with her and for her. She taught me a lot
Cons
Upper management did not seem to care about what was going on with in the program, and making a lot of changes without benefitting the clients nor employees.
caring
Crisis Response Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 3, 2014
many way to showing concern of others needs A great organization to be a part of..
You work with staff and volunteers dedicated to making a meaningful impact on those who are struggling and in hard times.
Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 29, 2013
Catholic Charities of the East Bay is a mission-centric organization committed to helping the poor and most vulnerable through an integrated service delivery system while also advocating for social justice to address systemic issues. The staff and volunteers are highly dedicated to the mission of the organization and work towards having a measurable social impact.
Great Place to Work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 7, 2012
This was a great place to work. Many of the staff members really loved their clients. It was a really good culture to work in most of the staff were supportive and helpful even if they weren't in your department.

My supervisor was AMAZING she became like family to me and I was supported in a very difficult time in my life. I really loved working with my clients they were the best.

Overall this is a great place to work
Pros
support, energy, benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Charities of the East Bay. Our community is ready to answer.

Catholic Charities of the East Bay Reviews by Location