Catholic Charities Employee Reviews

Found 1,959 reviews matching the search See all 1,962 reviews
Rough managment
Residential Child Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 20, 2019
The management on several of the units was horrible, and very few expectations of employees, which allowed for a poor work environment for people who cared about their job.
unwelcoming
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYJanuary 19, 2019
no comment
schedule changing often
short staffed
not rewarding
no room for advancement
management bends the rules however they see fit
Pros
Cons
to many
Super fun!
Teachers aid (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WI 54601January 18, 2019
I had such a great time hanging out with all of the kids and adults! It is a great learning experience if you are newer to BH and want to get in that field. I had great and supportive coworkers who REALLY care about their job and the people they take care of!
Pros
Very fun and active, great coworkers
Cons
Can be very stressful if you aren't use to BH
Nothing need, it all great .
Case Manager, Refugee Resettlement (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 16, 2019
Catholic Charities is best resettlement agency in Milwaukee areas. Catholic Charities is resettled more than 1500 refugees from the around during my services. Agency closed due to lack of refugee arrival.
They always have openings for a reason
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYJanuary 15, 2019
They always have openings for a reason ! They use the 90 day grace period to let people go for no reason ! They do not teach properly there are no guidelines . The upper management act like they are better than everyone else . Their pedal stools are pretty high . Also they talk about their clients even worse . For people that are supposed to be helpful they are very judgmental .
Pros
Flexible hours, lab tops, cell phone given
Cons
Rude management, negative people
Excellent Experience
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Catholic Charities has proven to be a job where I feel respected and appreciated. All questions and concerns are addressed professionally and in a timely manner. This was a very positive move for me.
Pros
Flexible work environment/hours.
Cons
Billing can be slow.
Emotionally Supportive Organization
Certified Nursing Assistant/ HHA (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 11, 2019
Catholic Charities employed me when I first relocated to Wisconsin. I was a home health aide for persons with physical disabilities. During my employment, I ran into some personal issues that left me homeless. I spoke with my then supervisor regarding my hardship and she talked with the right person/people and they allowed me to stay at a client's home, who had been currently away, for two weeks (with the client's permission of course). I am forever grateful and I tell my story as often as the opportunity arise. Thank you again!!!
A big mess
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 8, 2019
Really not a very good place anymore. Bad management, HR does nothing to address the problems. They have become money driven, not care driven. Their mission doesn't match how it truly is.
Pros
Free lunches, nice clients.
Cons
They are broke, the standard of care has plummeted, poorly managed.
Overall Catholic Charities is a great place to work, My program is going under, we have no leadership in my department.
Therapeutic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 8, 2019
Catholic Charities as a whole can be a great place to work. There are too many "Indians and not enough Chiefs" to represent or portray the mission of God's love. People with authority doesn't care about other well being.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No appreciation for loyalty
Great Place to Work
Youth Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 8, 2019
I served as youth support specialist found it to be a rewarding place to help others in need and build greater experience working with different presenting mental health symptoms.
Pros
Great team
review
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MD 21227January 7, 2019
I have worked her for years and I love working here. It is great. the GNAs who are the backbone of every long term care facility, works very hard and is very dedicated.
productive work place
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  pittsburgh paJanuary 6, 2019
staff was very helpful and easy to get alone with, They answered and questions I had very clearly. They were very concerned about quality of life as well as the life of those they served..
Awesome place to help others
Accounts payable & receivable (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 5, 2019
The management and co workers were kind and helpful. However my work was repetitive, I asked questions and learned how the company helps others, and although I was not directly involved in that it was a positive place to make a living
Pros
Kind and loving
Cons
Catholic
productive and interesting
Program Assistant HHS/Hypothermia (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2019
Sometimes working at catholic charities can be very interesting. You come to find out that each person has thier problems and no two situations are the same.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
tend to believe what the clients say
Hectic Workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 1, 2019
I set-up and install new computers and printers. Troubleshoot both software and hardware issues. I also learned to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds.
Thin staff, reactive
Administration (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 24, 2018
Relies heavily on interns and volunteers for help. FT staff turnover because of low salaries and culture. Most staff are Catholic, but even if one isn’t, religious outings, prayers, etc are required. Though there to help people, not allowed to give food or water to people waiting in line for services...including children.
Pros
Some staff genuinely care about helping people
Cons
Everything else
undervalued in every way
REFUGEE CASEWORKER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 21, 2018
No benefits, slave salary, turnovers monthly, little to no training for full-time positions. Expected to do enormous amounts of work for almost zero pay. Building is downtown and they don't provide parking or reimbursements. Meanwhile the CEO sits from her throne making 3 figures while everyone else below her live paycheck to paycheck with no benefits.

Not to mention the last refugee housing project disaster.

Its a nightmare to work for them in Pittsburgh. Spare yourself and do your research on their history.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Family like environment
Transitional Housing Case Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 18, 2018
The people and supervisors are amazing! I loved the work environment and the other case managers were helpful and everyone would work together as a team
Steppng Stone.
Intensive Case Manager (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJDecember 18, 2018
Catholic Charities is an excellent place to begin your career. You get the opportunity to interact with different depatments within the company, and attain more resources for your client's. The only negative about the company, is the company doesn't pay their employess well. However, this agency is an excellent place for entry level employment.
Pros
Resource building.
Cons
Salary.
Asscoiate Family Teacher
Hawaii Associate Family Teacher (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 18, 2018
Working in this program was much like other residential programs I had worked in before, the managers were always readily available to help if needed and were in constant communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Charities. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight