Catholic Community Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive place to work and grow
Mental Health Advocate (Caseworker) (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 7, 2018
Good place to work and grow in a career in mental health. Professional staff, willing to help when needed. The company encourage staff to enroll in continuing education seminars and workshops.
Worked volunteer program HOPWA (Helpers of People with AIDS)
HOPWA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 28, 2018
I was hired as case aids assistant. Then moved into the HOPWA coordinator position. Funding was cut. I was then moved to maintenance work. Cleaning out temporary homes for mothers and their kids. Then I was promoted to Drug and Alcohol rehab. I would help clients get into drug treatment places. Held weekly meetings for check in. Quit this job when I was hired into Soft Count at Tulalip casino.
Pros
Learned to have patience. Better understanding of what people with drug problems were going through.
Cons
Stressful
Upper management is unaware of clinic needs
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 20, 2018
The upper management influences the day-to-day workings of this company in a way that at times created a hostile work environment. There is a high degree of turn over and difficulties around retaliation for self advocacy as individuals or as a department. Caseloads are extremely high and support and safety are overlooked often. A good place to accumulate hours quickly.
Low Key
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 18, 2018
It was a low key environment with low stress in getting things done. You made sure the clients were ready for their day. You would take them to their appointments when needed and assist them in their daily living.
Pros
Lunch was what the clients were eating
Cons
Co workers call in and you have to stay
Foster Home Licensor
Case Manager/Intake Coordinator/Admin Assistant HR (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 17, 2018
Great job, tough job. It can be difficult and stressful at times. Understanding that most individuals / couples are wonderful mentors to their children. There were only a few homes that needed to be closed (for reason).
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Little opportunity to advance from that position.
Love this position
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 16, 2018
This is a "Volunteer" position. I meet many different people in various backgrounds and walks of life. This is a very rewarding and satisfying position.
Poorly managed, gossipy environment, sexist (90% female) favoritism and inequality.
Choosing not to disclose (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 27, 2018
While this company itself has an incredible cause this particular office is run by substandard management. They have next to no clue how to actually run an office or keep to a budget. They follow principals of gossip and *girl talk* rather than result based work. Don't waste your time working here, you'll make more elsewhere.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Awful management team that is driving a great company into the ground.
I love this job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 23, 2018
It is a awesome job I love my co-workers and the community. We help the community out with resources and help people with getting a job or a apartment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less hours
Good Work Environment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 15, 2018
The pay was good. The staff members were helpful. Ongoing critique/feedback from management. People are nice. The negative is when they lose funding which causes lay-offs.
Pros
Flexibility, paid employee medical insurance, and good co-workers
Cons
Budget cuts and lay-offs
Excellent
Behavioral Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 8, 2018
This company is an enriching and wonderful place to work, with ample opportunity for growth and advancement. The staff and supervisors are encouraging and collaborative, and the work is challenging and fulfilling.
Not what i expected
Youth Partner (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 5, 2018
drama too many women talking and gossiping, everything they"stand for they don't!
they don't support eachother it seems its all a contest who gets what and how much done no support system everyone has their own case
Pros
pay
Cons
on your own
was a ok place to work
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 4, 2018
I liked working with the people. But can get stressful some times if you are not use to it. Its a very rewarding. the most enjoyable part of the work is getting to know the people you work for.
collaborative
Petty cash (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 11, 2018
This is a great place to work.. The people is very friendly and the environment is nice. You have to meet deadlines in order to satisfy your job. This is great
This Place is a joke, Upper management is not concerned with the people they serve or their employees
Stability Site Program Generalist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 8, 2018
I was so excited when I started working for CCS and it only took about a week for me to understand what this place is all about. Upper management often makes promises to the residents at the Stability Site and doesn't fulfill them. This leaves the residents angry and they lash out on the staff. There is no consistency and the Director and Managers don't know how to communicate with each other. My problem is specifically with Homeless Adult Services. There is favoritism among the Managers and they do not allow staff members the opportunity to advocate for themselves when it comes to behavior that other staff members report. I can not wait to get out of there!
Pros
The staff is able to pull together and work as a team despite the lack of leadership.
summary
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 6, 2018
Great place to work. great supervision great supervisiors. Good company culture and a lot of freedom an autonomy. Good mileage compensation and high pay rate due to on call nature
Wraparound Facilitator
Wraparound Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 29, 2018
I was on call a lot for this job and it was hard to scheduled my personal life. I really enjoyed working with my colleagues and collaborating with them.
NoComment
Administrative Support Services Director (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 28, 2018
This position was a great opportunity in a community that had a more than 9% unemployment rate. Unfortunately this is is a grant funded position and employment is not guaranteed.
Great environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2018
Such a wonderful place to work in. The supervisors are truly supportive of all the Case Managers. We have a great amount of days off and great environment to work in.
Pros
Great teammates
Cons
late hours
over view
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 18, 2018
great company, great job. one of the best. most days we are in sales making our way with restaurants and stores placing daily/weekly orders. Work place is family friendly.
High Turnover
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 16, 2018
High turnover rate has sense of disposability.
On-call 24/7 there is no live-work balance.
Sloppy management, poor supervision, and poor clinical support.