Catholic Community Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
provided quality care
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 13, 2018
Catholic Community Services was dedicated to providing quality care to clients, helping others enhance their lives. Linked as well with community resources.
Pros
dedicated
Productive and fun workplace
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2018
• Research and provide referrals for services in King County.
• Manage the schedule for eight Coordinators in six offices.
• Follow communication procedures as defined by HIPPA and agency standards on proper handling of protected information.
• Troubleshooting client issues with clients, landlords, other social service agencies, DSHS, and family/friends of clients.
• Contribute to and support a positive, team-oriented, culturally-diverse work environment.
• Able to prioritize multiple tasks, and to work independently and as a team member.
• Completes daily documentation using Clarity, SharePoint, DSHS Benefit verification system, Engunity.
Pros
Trainings
Cons
Short lunches
Great mission
Housing Services Director (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 10, 2018
Catholic Community Services has a great mission that all staff are committed to uphold. CCS commits the majority of their funding toward direct client services.
Very poor management
Full Time Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  2nd and Stewart, Seattle, WAOctober 3, 2018
I felt like I was singled out and targeted as the only white woman on an all black team. I felt belittled and like an outsider most of the time. I am not comfortable talking bad about this job as that is rude and unprofessional.
Pros
A lot of autonomy and ability to make my own decisions.
Cons
Racism
Can't move up
Family Search & Engagement Specialist (QMHA) (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 1, 2018
It's really hard to advance your career here as everyone promotes their friends. The managers never leave knowing they have it good. It is also really hard to follow the Catholic church expectations.
Productive and focused
Temporary Fund Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 24, 2018
A typical day at work would include documenting donations made to Parishes from all around Western Washington. I Learned Point of Sale, Razor's Edge. Known to be difficult, Razor's Edge would help with learning and working with other systems in the future quicker and more efficient. Great coworkers. Management was lacking in the sense that they were busy in their end and ween't physically available when we were unable to execute an issue with the program or computer. The small group of people I worked with made the job fun. We helped each other problem solve and work together as a team. There were many details that needed sorting out, including those from previous employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was not being micromanaged, and to have the time and ability and be able to focus on my job.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Paid Holidays
Cons
No option for advancement
lack of support to do better
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 23, 2018
management was not much on one going to school to do better and excel in medical field. Was let go because my college classes interfered with their classes, although I rescheduled my classes for days that I could make them up, it wasn't enough to stay with the company.
I like working as a caregiver helping clients they're everyday needs.
Home Care Assistant // Chehalis, WA (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAAugust 31, 2018
Helps clients daily task makes sure my works done before going to the next clients,learned how to understand and communicates clients that hard of hearing.driving to one place to another is hard for me. I enjoy and love helping my clients daily needs.
Good Company for Caregiving
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 30, 2018
I loved working for this company, the only issue i had was the house manager never being at the house and was difficult to get a hold of. that was only at one house and not all of the houses are managed by the same manager.
It was a great place to work.
Vice-Principal (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 30, 2018
Everyday had its challenges as the teachers were new and the students all had behavior problems. The staff were willing to do whatever it took to ensure the students academic success.
Pros
A small school setting.
Cons
Not enough staff for such a highly involved population of students.

Want to know more about Catholic Community Services?

Ask a question
caregiver
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WA 98310August 26, 2018
I had no complaints about working for catholic community services. Very good company to work for. Sometimes hard to get ahold of supervisor but initially they call you back.
Pros
people
Cons
low pay
it was very productive had to do more with community services
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 24, 2018
took inbound calls with customer needing help looking for resources for their daily living/learned clerical and handling incoming mail
order office supplies/workplace culture was great specially having to help
the community there was no hardest part of the job
getting to know people that are willing to go an extra mile to help other was what i loved
Pros
gained knowledge of office duties and sorceress in the community
Cons
the only cons was that this job was internship/and did not lasted long enough
productive place to work and grow
Mental Health Advocate (Caseworker) (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 7, 2018
Good place to work and grow in a career in mental health. Professional staff, willing to help when needed. The company encourage staff to enroll in continuing education seminars and workshops.
Very poor for work/life balance
Wrap coordinator/counselor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 3, 2018
CCS has a great mission and I very much enjoyed working with the clients that I served. However, (when I was there) most employees are on call 24 hours/day Mon-Fri, in addition to a weekend on-call rotation. This meant that working 10-12 consecutive days was common and working odd hours overnight or 12+ hour days happened occasionally. Moreover it was very difficult to engage in family events or go out on week nights due to the possibility of being called into a crisis.
Management as a whole was very supportive and fair, with one exception that brought a toxic environment to the workplace which was one of the reasons that I left.
Pay was probably slightly above average, paid time off was very generous, but medical benefits were not affordable for a family.
Overall it is a great place to gain useful experience but the lack of work/life balance is a recipe for burnout.
Pros
Good pay, generous paid time off
Cons
On call schedule removes any possibility of a good work/life balance
Worked volunteer program HOPWA (Helpers of People with AIDS)
HOPWA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 28, 2018
I was hired as case aids assistant. Then moved into the HOPWA coordinator position. Funding was cut. I was then moved to maintenance work. Cleaning out temporary homes for mothers and their kids. Then I was promoted to Drug and Alcohol rehab. I would help clients get into drug treatment places. Held weekly meetings for check in. Quit this job when I was hired into Soft Count at Tulalip casino.
Pros
Learned to have patience. Better understanding of what people with drug problems were going through.
Cons
Stressful
Upper management is unaware of clinic needs
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 20, 2018
The upper management influences the day-to-day workings of this company in a way that at times created a hostile work environment. There is a high degree of turn over and difficulties around retaliation for self advocacy as individuals or as a department. Caseloads are extremely high and support and safety are overlooked often. A good place to accumulate hours quickly.
Low Key
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 18, 2018
It was a low key environment with low stress in getting things done. You made sure the clients were ready for their day. You would take them to their appointments when needed and assist them in their daily living.
Pros
Lunch was what the clients were eating
Cons
Co workers call in and you have to stay
Foster Home Licensor
Case Manager/Intake Coordinator/Admin Assistant HR (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 17, 2018
Great job, tough job. It can be difficult and stressful at times. Understanding that most individuals / couples are wonderful mentors to their children. There were only a few homes that needed to be closed (for reason).
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Little opportunity to advance from that position.
Love this position
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 16, 2018
This is a "Volunteer" position. I meet many different people in various backgrounds and walks of life. This is a very rewarding and satisfying position.
Poorly managed, gossipy environment, sexist (90% female) favoritism and inequality.
Choosing not to disclose (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 27, 2018
While this company itself has an incredible cause this particular office is run by substandard management. They have next to no clue how to actually run an office or keep to a budget. They follow principals of gossip and *girl talk* rather than result based work. Don't waste your time working here, you'll make more elsewhere.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Awful management team that is driving a great company into the ground.