Catholic Community Services Employee Reviews

Executive Coordinator Psychiatric Services (Current Employee) –  Salem, OR 97301January 24, 2019
I have enjoyed working here however my new manager wants to eliminate my position here.

I enjoy and appreciate the support staff and really enjoy working with the Psychiatrist and the 2 Mental Health Nurse Practitioners.
Bad place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 12, 2019
I work as a CNA for catholic community services in Vancouver, WA. The first problem I have is with the supervisors! There is only one supervisor that is respectful and helpful. The others will cut you off in mid-sentence when trying to talk to them about a client, they are always shouting at you, they act as if you are incompetent of the job when asking them questions, they are always unorganized and have NO IDEA about what is going on with the clients they are sending you to, they also send you to homes that are filthy, uncomfortable, unsafe and major of homes I am put into are borderline hoarder homes. The supervisors have also made rude remarks towards workers and force them to do things they don't want to do. They also make a big deal if you want to see information that regards your clock in sheet, even though it is your right to see it! The second issue I have is with the schedule and hours. I am currently full time and I am only receiving 15-20 hrs, depending on the week. I have asked time and time for more hours but have not been provided with anymore. When I was first hired I had full hours, but then the week after I had 3 clients dropped from me, therefore leaving me with barely any. You have no control over the hours and you are not guaranteed to be full time. Example: I was scheduled to have a client for 8 hours a week, I drove my car to this individual's home to find out no one was home. I called the supervisor to ask if I should leave or what I should do and they treated me as if I was dumb. Asking me if I had called the client, knocked on the door, tried to open  more... the door and etc. Obviously I tried all that before calling my supervisor ! So the supervisor called to find out what was going on and finds out that the client has been and is in the hospital. So after getting treated like I was stupid and wasting my time, mileage, and fuel I find out that I will have those hours dropped and once again struggle to make ends meet. This happens frequently and this also shows that the supervisors don't check up on the clients or know what is going on. The final issue I have is that if you are wanting experience for nursing or CNA you SHOULD NOT WORK HERE. I would have never applied if I would have known that you will use no CNA or nursing skills at this job. They say you are a "caregiver" but you are actually just someone's maid, only things you will be doing is cleaning, deep cleaning, and running errands. You are being paid less than an actual maid for being someone's "caregiver" (maid) and that is the extent of your work. Overall this is a bad company to work for and I am trying to get a new job asap! If you want to work somewhere that is organized, uses respect, gives you hours and cares then you will need to look somewhere else.  less
Pros
Cons
Bad management, no hours, not doing caregiver duties, staff is disrespectful, supervisors don't care or know whats going on with clients.
great place to work
Crisis/ Family Therapist (MHP) (Former Employee) –  Tacoma WaJanuary 8, 2019
CCS is supportive and flexible with the persons needs. They encourage creativity and team work. They also support self care and have a program meant to encourage the employees self care which is amazing
Helping people in Need.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 1, 2019
A non profit organization making a difference in the world. I enjoyed my job as case manager helping people relocate to Utah from poverty stricken countries.
Pros
satisfaction of helping refugees.
Cons
long hours.
good place
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Longview, WADecember 31, 2018
I learned a lot from this company cause you go home to home for your clients and you learn so much different things from everyone. It was stressful t times but you work thru it and make it out to be a good day.
good goal that the company had
FAMILY PLACEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 30, 2018
i enjoyed working for this company. I love the goal that they had towards helping families in a hard spot. I enjoyed getting to know the families and helping them move forward in life.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 11, 2018
in home care provider have to use one vehicle and go from client to client and help with personal care ,medical tarans ,shopping, medicine pick up, cook, cleen, and much more
A great place to get a lot of experience working with people.
Shelter Monitor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 4, 2018
Very fast past. Lots of interaction with clients,and very multi cultured. I've learned how to not take things personal. A typical day at work was filled with not knowing what the day was going to bring. Management was very supportive in all areas of the job.
Good job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chehalis, WANovember 30, 2018
Not too many complaints but being a caregiving is hard and unrewarding work. Nothing wrong with the company they do their best with their employees and resources but sometimes I had to work 10+ days in a row just to meet my 40 hours a week on a paycheck. Also you don’t have a choice on days you work unless you want to give Up a favorite client or not work at all. The schedule is always changing and since you have 4 or 5 supervisors even on your days off people are calling you asking you to work that day. Sometimes they don’t take no for an answer it is pretty frustrating.
Pros
Mileage pay, and flexibility
Cons
No set schedule
Learning experience
Fostering Hope/Healthy Start Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORNovember 28, 2018
Catholic Community Services taught me about compassion and serving others. This was a community approach towards the betterment of neighborhoods with higher poverty rates.
Part-time, good pay
Senior Footcare Aide (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 11, 2018
Very good working atmosphere. Love the clients, they are very appreciative of the work being performed. Management is very knowledgeable and compassionate. Work 10 days one month and 11 the next, average of 22.5 hours a week.
In Home Long Term Care (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 6, 2018
Consistency in wage and scheduling. Found this position to be very satisfying in serving the needs of the elderly and disabled in a home care environment.
Pros
Job Satisfaction was good
Cons
none really
Great place to work.
CDP (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 3, 2018
Lots of time off and flexible work schedule. Staff and supervisors are supportive and encouraging. Love working here; learned so much about the field and the recovery community.
Pros
Personal time, vacation days
Cons
Health benefits
Great place for an internship
Volunteer Chore Services (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 2, 2018
I did an internship here and I loved it, it was slow enough that I was able to learn, the work was rewarding and the people are very nice. I would recommend working here
Pros
Great company
Cons
Not sure there are any I could report
Productive and fun work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 29, 2018
Catholic Community Services was a great place to work. Very friendly work environment with plenty of room to learn and grow. Great support from management and coworkers. I really enjoyed my time with them and grew not only as an employee, but also as an individual. Great community involvement and compassion.
Pros
Plenty of room to grow and learn new things
Cons
Financial compensation for the level of work
If you enjoy helping people work here!
Licensed Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 25, 2018
Employment here is good for self starters that enjoy helping elderly and disabled to live a quality home life. Good if you are good at domestic skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Need reliable transportation
Great starter job for anyone in the youth service or human services field.
Youth Mentor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19136October 19, 2018
I learned a lot about how to schedule my days out properly, great work culture, i learned to communicate better in a structured work office setting. The hardest part of the job was traveling far ranges, but it was doable to say the least. The most enjoyable thing about the job was being a mentor for the youth and also a big brother / role model.
Pros
hour lunch breaks, good culture
Cons
short hours.
Non Profit
CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 18, 2018
I Like working here because it is a organization that is helpful to the vulnerable populations in my community. I do not feel the compensation is fair and availability for advancement is limited.
Pros
Working in my community
Cons
Pay and benefits
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 16, 2018
Can be fast pace at times and very productive.Good team members to work along with. Can be a bit stressful at times and better communication is needed.
Pros
good community
Cons
promotions can take a long time.
provided quality care
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 13, 2018
Catholic Community Services was dedicated to providing quality care to clients, helping others enhance their lives. Linked as well with community resources.
Pros
dedicated