Catholic Community Services Employee Reviews

Good job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chehalis, WANovember 30, 2018
Not too many complaints but being a caregiving is hard and unrewarding work. Nothing wrong with the company they do their best with their employees and resources but sometimes I had to work 10+ days in a row just to meet my 40 hours a week on a paycheck. Also you don’t have a choice on days you work unless you want to give Up a favorite client or not work at all. The schedule is always changing and since you have 4 or 5 supervisors even on your days off people are calling you asking you to work that day. Sometimes they don’t take no for an answer it is pretty frustrating.
Pros
Mileage pay, and flexibility
Cons
No set schedule
Learning experience
Fostering Hope/Healthy Start Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORNovember 28, 2018
Catholic Community Services taught me about compassion and serving others. This was a community approach towards the betterment of neighborhoods with higher poverty rates.
Part-time, good pay
Senior Footcare Aide (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 11, 2018
Very good working atmosphere. Love the clients, they are very appreciative of the work being performed. Management is very knowledgeable and compassionate. Work 10 days one month and 11 the next, average of 22.5 hours a week.
In Home Long Term Care (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 6, 2018
Consistency in wage and scheduling. Found this position to be very satisfying in serving the needs of the elderly and disabled in a home care environment.
Pros
Job Satisfaction was good
Cons
none really
Great place to work.
CDP (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 3, 2018
Lots of time off and flexible work schedule. Staff and supervisors are supportive and encouraging. Love working here; learned so much about the field and the recovery community.
Pros
Personal time, vacation days
Cons
Health benefits
Great place for an internship
Volunteer Chore Services (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 2, 2018
I did an internship here and I loved it, it was slow enough that I was able to learn, the work was rewarding and the people are very nice. I would recommend working here
Pros
Great company
Cons
Not sure there are any I could report
Productive and fun work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 29, 2018
Catholic Community Services was a great place to work. Very friendly work environment with plenty of room to learn and grow. Great support from management and coworkers. I really enjoyed my time with them and grew not only as an employee, but also as an individual. Great community involvement and compassion.
Pros
Plenty of room to grow and learn new things
Cons
Financial compensation for the level of work
If you enjoy helping people work here!
Licensed Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 25, 2018
Employment here is good for self starters that enjoy helping elderly and disabled to live a quality home life. Good if you are good at domestic skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Need reliable transportation
Great starter job for anyone in the youth service or human services field.
Youth Mentor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19136October 19, 2018
I learned a lot about how to schedule my days out properly, great work culture, i learned to communicate better in a structured work office setting. The hardest part of the job was traveling far ranges, but it was doable to say the least. The most enjoyable thing about the job was being a mentor for the youth and also a big brother / role model.
Pros
hour lunch breaks, good culture
Cons
short hours.
Non Profit
CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 18, 2018
I Like working here because it is a organization that is helpful to the vulnerable populations in my community. I do not feel the compensation is fair and availability for advancement is limited.
Pros
Working in my community
Cons
Pay and benefits
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 16, 2018
Can be fast pace at times and very productive.Good team members to work along with. Can be a bit stressful at times and better communication is needed.
Pros
good community
Cons
promotions can take a long time.
provided quality care
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 13, 2018
Catholic Community Services was dedicated to providing quality care to clients, helping others enhance their lives. Linked as well with community resources.
Pros
dedicated
A very cultural environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14611October 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the day was working with my mentor. The hardest part of the job was initially working with Excel. The management was organized. I learned that it doesn't matter what socioeconomic location you come from, you are still susceptible to getting HIV.
Pros
My mentor was very kind and knowledgeable.
Cons
It was located in a bad area of town.
Productive and fun workplace
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2018
• Research and provide referrals for services in King County.
• Manage the schedule for eight Coordinators in six offices.
• Follow communication procedures as defined by HIPPA and agency standards on proper handling of protected information.
• Troubleshooting client issues with clients, landlords, other social service agencies, DSHS, and family/friends of clients.
• Contribute to and support a positive, team-oriented, culturally-diverse work environment.
• Able to prioritize multiple tasks, and to work independently and as a team member.
• Completes daily documentation using Clarity, SharePoint, DSHS Benefit verification system, Engunity.
Pros
Trainings
Cons
Short lunches
Great mission
Housing Services Director (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 10, 2018
Catholic Community Services has a great mission that all staff are committed to uphold. CCS commits the majority of their funding toward direct client services.
Very poor management
Full Time Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  2nd and Stewart, Seattle, WAOctober 3, 2018
I felt like I was singled out and targeted as the only white woman on an all black team. I felt belittled and like an outsider most of the time. I am not comfortable talking bad about this job as that is rude and unprofessional.
Pros
A lot of autonomy and ability to make my own decisions.
Cons
Racism
Can't move up
Family Search & Engagement Specialist (QMHA) (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 1, 2018
It's really hard to advance your career here as everyone promotes their friends. The managers never leave knowing they have it good. It is also really hard to follow the Catholic church expectations.
Productive and focused
Temporary Fund Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 24, 2018
A typical day at work would include documenting donations made to Parishes from all around Western Washington. I Learned Point of Sale, Razor's Edge. Known to be difficult, Razor's Edge would help with learning and working with other systems in the future quicker and more efficient. Great coworkers. Management was lacking in the sense that they were busy in their end and ween't physically available when we were unable to execute an issue with the program or computer. The small group of people I worked with made the job fun. We helped each other problem solve and work together as a team. There were many details that needed sorting out, including those from previous employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was not being micromanaged, and to have the time and ability and be able to focus on my job.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Paid Holidays
Cons
No option for advancement
lack of support to do better
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 23, 2018
management was not much on one going to school to do better and excel in medical field. Was let go because my college classes interfered with their classes, although I rescheduled my classes for days that I could make them up, it wasn't enough to stay with the company.
I like working as a caregiver helping clients they're everyday needs.
Home Care Assistant // Chehalis, WA (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAAugust 31, 2018
Helps clients daily task makes sure my works done before going to the next clients,learned how to understand and communicates clients that hard of hearing.driving to one place to another is hard for me. I enjoy and love helping my clients daily needs.