Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great benefits poor working environment/management in clinic
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morrilton, AR clinicMay 21, 2018
Offers great benefits but the work environment was horrible! Management was not helpful,when they were there, no employee confidentiality, favoritism was so obvious. When told to go to management with problems they would tell you there was nothing they could do, it’s wasn’t going to get better, and they were looking for another job also, not very encouraging. Lack of there core values
Pros
Great benefits, good hours
Cons
Lack of management /work environment
Bloated and Backwards
IT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 6, 2018
The organization is extremely dependent on vendors for core functions and has a lack of active decision makers as a whole. Many leadership positions within the Information Technology group do not have a handle on user issues and business drivers.

The organization as a whole is extremely siloed and lacks inter-group communication. This has led to a dearth of disparate systems and technologies throughout the organization.

Workplace culture does NOT reflect Catholic or Christian values, examples would be mass layoffs prior to Christmas and a general lack of openness and righteousness.

The most challenging part of the job is the constant churn and lack of ownership. CHI outsources a majority of core functions to vendors who have little or no experience in healthcare and/or Information Technology.

Meetings are a perpetual problem in the organization. The culture dictates if you aren't having a meeting, you aren't working, so a core part of your working hours are spent in meetings and actual work is performed off-hours and on the weekends.
Pros
Steady Paycheck, Diverse Workgroup, Little Downtime
Cons
Meetings, below market pay, below market benefits, antiquated technology and managment practices
IPE is amazing
STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 1, 2018
I have to transfer to another state with my husband. I wish I could take my clinic with me. I work at The Creighton University clinic and the culture here is amazing.
May 14, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving a review and I image your team at the clinic would love for you to stay. We do have multiple locations, so feel free to send an email to feedback@catholichealth.net and we'll be happy to help you find another opportunity in CHI!

HR/Payroll Connection Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYApril 30, 2018
Good place to work learned alot from everyone there. Wonderful culture and people to work with. By far oe of the best places I have worked in the Cincinnati area.
Pros
good pay
benefits
May 14, 2018

Thanks for the awesome feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience!

Nice place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIApril 25, 2018
Worked there for 3 years, great family environment. Would recommend to anyone. One of the nicer nursing homes in the area! Has three levels of care from independent living to acute care.
May 14, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with others! We appreciate your contribution to CHI and appreciate you taking time to leave us a review!

Enjoyed the tenure there
Applications Analyst III (Former Employee) –  TelecommuterMarch 29, 2018
Being a healthcare organization, there are no guarantees. The process of outsourcing is nothing new and unfortunately, I believe that the overall quality of service for the IT delivery was affected as a result. Overall the folks there were good to work with and we had a good, cohesive team.
April 4, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We really appreciate your feedback!

Good place to work.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 26, 2018
I learned at CHI Friendship on how to work with people that have developmental disabilities. The long weekend shifts are hard, but it is possible. Good place to work.
April 18, 2018

Thanks so much for your review and your service to CHI and our patients! We agree, long weekend shifts aren't the best, but many patients require 24 hour care and they are very lucky to have someone like you there to care for them. We greatly appreciate your contribution! If you have any suggestions, please email us at feedback@catholichealth.net.

Fmg
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAMarch 26, 2018
I love all my employees they're the best, if you need any help they are there for you. You become a family, never be scared to ask for help everyone is willing to lend a hand. The work pace can get pretty fast if you need to stop and take a break just ask someone to step in for you, and go gather your thoughts. The hardest part is the difficult patient but that's everywhere you go.
April 18, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us a review. We LOVE hearing that you're having a positive experience and your team is more like a family! This is great to read! We would love to learn more around how your team developed the synergy you have. Please email us at feedback@catholichealth.net if you'd like to share!

Nice to work in a faith based organization
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 20, 2018
Nice to work in a faith based organization, in which prayers or reflections are done at the beginning of meetings.
Local leadership has a lot less ability to make decisions than they had prior to getting bought out by CHI. Still a good place to work, use to be a great place to work and get care.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Now owned by out of state company, local leaders have less decision making ability
April 18, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear our reflections were a positive impact.
We understand change can sometimes be difficult. If you would like to share more about your experience, please email us at feedback@catholichealth.net.

CHI-Friendship
DSP-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 20, 2018
I worked at CHI-Friendship for nearly 7 years, it was a great organization to work for. I learned a lot of life skills from this job, through assisting the individuals with intellectual disabilities. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the unknown stress relating to the behaviors of the individuals. Most of the things that we did at CHI-Friendship was fun and educational, as well as rewarding. Management was very understanding about issues the employee may have had.
Pros
Adaptable, flexible hours
Cons
Poor benefits
patient to staff ratio
CNA/PCT (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMarch 12, 2018
The patient to staff ratio on each and every single floor and in every department is poor. My family members that are nurses and myself have seen multiple shifts where there are only 2-3 nurses and one tech. Other than that, this in an amazing hospital to work at!
Company in shambles
Software dev (Current Employee) –  englewood, coMarch 11, 2018
What can you say about a company that is doing so poorly that only losing a million dollars a day is considered a turnaround? And that turnaround is due entirely to getting better credit terms on short term debt?

The company is a disaster. IT is 100% offshore to the lowest bidder, and it shows. Simply IT problems take forever to get fixed, more complex ones are simply ignored.

Upper management is clueless, middle management is powerless.

The company talks a lot about 'the mission', but this behemoth of a company wouldn't be able to service the mission if its life depended on it (which it does).

This isn't a job, it's a sinecure. Land the job, don't mess up too visibly, and you're set for life. If you are looking for somewhere where you don't have to work too hard, don't want to make waves, and just quietly finish out the rest of your life then this is the place for you.
Company won't stop spending money it doesn't have
Information Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 6, 2018
The work was interesting, Healthcare IT. Helping the clinical staff do the job they do to save lives, very satisfying. Hard to really enjoy the job when you live with constant worry on when your team will face layoffs next. CHI can't, or won't, stop spending money it doesn't have buying up smaller healthcare systems in some effort to be the largest. Layoffs are constant, in a round robin fashion amongst the departments, and the employee morale takes a hit. But... In the end, it's the Patients and Families that suffer for the greed of the Executive staff.
Pros
Challenging, never a dull day environment
Cons
Tiny tiny cog in Huge wheel that does not care if you stay or not.
March 12, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear your experience wasn't positive. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in the future.

Great place and employees and upper management were awesome
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMarch 5, 2018
I love working for this company however their compensation was an issue for the distance that I was traveling to get there. The employees and management were great and kind.
March 6, 2018

Feedback is a gift and we appreciate it! Reviews like this allow us to continually improve our employee experience. Thank you so much!

Respect, integrity, reverence at it's fullness
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bishop drumm retirement centerMarch 2, 2018
If I am to recommend anybody to work for Bishop Drumm Retirement Center, I will be very glad to do so. This place has almost all benefits needed as anature individual or family.
Pros
Pay breaks, referral bonus, pto
Cons
No scholarship
March 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your review! Your feedback is important and we are very thankful you would recommend others to join this facility!

Chi
Personal Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDFebruary 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time with CHI. I wasn't chosen to move forward when the company was bought out. It was a good place to work. I was apart of the event committee, we planned all the events for the office. I would post payments for the hospital and do electronic files as well. Open daily mail. Make sure you batch was balanced and posted.

The hardest part was dealing with my supervisor at the time.
Pros
not on the phones alot, being a part of a great team, being on the committes team
Cons
poor management
March 12, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your contribution to CHI. We wish you the best of luck in the future.

A Great Place To Work
ITS Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 14, 2018
The people are what truly make Catholic Health Initiatives a great place to work. CHI is mindful of the core values that guide the daily activities and long term goals of the company.
Pros
Great people
March 6, 2018

Thank you so much for this review and your contribution to CHI along with the communities we serve! While we are always looking to improve, it's great to hear about what we're getting right!

okay temp job
Corporate IT Recruiter (contract) (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 6, 2018
I was too young to work here. I also did not have the correct skin tone for some of the departments which is strange coming from a religiously owned company.
Pros
I was on overweight or a minority
Cons
Be a minority and overweight
March 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us. CHI is an advocate of diversity and inclusion in our workforce and we have a zero tolerance policy for discrimination. We would like to hear more about instances causing you to feel this way. Please contact us at talentnetwork@catholichealth.net. This is a secure email.

Would not recommend
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 5, 2018
Pay and benefits were great but come at a cost. Poor leadership, work-life imbalance leads to excess stress both for the employee and employees family. If you like extremely high paced environment requiring a minimum of 10 hours a day to stay caught up then this job is for you. If not I would not recommend.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
March 12, 2018

Thanks so much for your comments! We strive to promote work/life balance and the overall well-being of our employees and their families. We're sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience, but appreciate your contribution to CHI!

good job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at CHI and would recommend this company. I worked with a collaborative manager and director and they both encouraged contributions to the goals and success to our team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Health Initiatives. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight