Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 21, 2018
Christian environment that cares about people and gives exceptional patient care. Employees love each other and want the best for the patients. Great unity!
The benefits and work hours are great
Medical Receptionist / Appointment Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 19, 2018
The company overall is great to work for but just know to watch your back at all times. The benefits are great and the work hours are great and some of great employee assistance support.
Pros
Free lunches and health insurance
Cons
Some shady co-workers and the pay
Gives more opportunities and growth to their employees
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 11, 2018
Typical day at work is usually busy but management gives ample time for employees to take some day off when requested. They give tuition reimbursement which gives opportunities for employees for professional growth.
Horrible Upper Management
Coder (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 9, 2018
The division manager is the WORST manager I've ever had the misfortune to work with. The fact that she is in management position shows an astounding lack of self awareness of her own skill set.Our division has worked diligently over the last few years to improve employee relationships, retain and recruit staff and generally make CHI a great place to work. We were finally fully staffed and in a good place when she started a year ago. It's really amazing the damage a single person can do; almost every single department in our division is now running short-staffed due to her "management."

That being said, my direct supervisor and coworkers are great, there is an excellent rapport and sense of teamwork. I enjoy my work and am grateful for the opportunity to work for home for 4 out of 5 days.

For a faith based organization there is an uncomfortable level of importance place on financial numbers, but that's central to my job so I'm sure I feel it much more acutely that say, a nurse would.
Pros
Healthcare, remote work
Cons
Upper management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 8, 2018
Always working short, long hours, no appreciation, not always getting a lunch, stressful , hostel working environment, but the patient make the work worth while
Pros
work 12 hour shifts 3 days on and 4 off
Cons
not enough breaks
Negative and Very Divided Environment to Work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 7, 2018
Please do your research before working for Catholic Health Initiatives Omaha (CHI-CUMC - BERGAN). IF, you like your sanity, like being friendly, like a teamwork environment, like being treated like a human being, and value harassment free work environments then you do NOT want to work at CHI.
Pros
Agreeable Medical Benefits
Cons
Horrible management, Horrible work environment, and Very Segregated
Back Stabbing abounds
Evening/Night Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, OROctober 1, 2018
If you are friends with the right people at CHI, you will do fine. However, outsiders and anyone who does not seem to fit the expectations of certain people within the organization will be hounded to leave until you have no choice.
Good Place to Work
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARSeptember 30, 2018
CHI is a decent place to work with salary comparable to other places in Arkansas. They offer sign on bonus and employee referral bonus for some positions. They also offer tuition reimbursement. Not a lot of room for yearly raises and they do not offer any child care or much of any on campus security if you are working during the night.
No staff to patient ratios
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 23, 2018
I would never recommend CHI as a place to work. Many of the people I started working with have left due to how stressful the work place is. There is an unsafe patient to staff ratio. The pay is nice, but not even worth it at this point. Patients are unsatisfied with how long it takes nursing to get to the room. Bottom line, they are incredibly short of staff and I refuse to work for CHI once I further my education as a nurse. Tells you to take a break when there is zero time, then you get in trouble for canceling the meal deduction when clocking out.
Pros
pay
Cons
short staff, no time for break
Wonderful place to work
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2018
I love the employees I work with. The interview accurate portrayed the organization and workload. I was engaged and continued to be engaged throughout my employment with the organization
Apsc
AP PO Processing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 21, 2018
The hardest part of the job is the back log of work and inexperienced staff. The employees are asked to work as slave drivers which is not fair. They are alot of favorites and no one listens to a supervisor.
Pros
hours
Cons
management and senior leadership
It's a good place to work with a good team.
RN ICU Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Livingston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
I started working there in 2016, and enjoy three work, the comradeship, and the environment. My manager is a very involved with the bedside nurses, and really available.
Pros
Pay, benefits, peers
Outsourced positions
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 16, 2018
So, this job, it really was stressful. I did get unlimited overtime. I did enjoy the leadership, but we were crushed by call volume, and then outsourced ultimately. I think it is a great organization, but has to work on taking care of it's little guys.
Mountain Management Services
CLINICAL QUALITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 14, 2018
At Mtn. Management part of CHI Memorial there is little room for advancement. No bonuses and only cost of living raises. Unless you work for the hospital itself.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
No bonuses or opportunities for advancement.
Stress free Environment
Administrative Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 12, 2018
I am administrative Receptionist I also help out at Volunteer Desk also and the meal ministry at the hospital, I answer phones direct people to who they need to talk to and I also answer help renew Pastors clergy badges.
Pros
They are very understanding and friendly here and helpful
Cons
Short beaks
On the phones job
Buyer 1 (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CoSeptember 7, 2018
Everything is ran backwards. It is constantly changing, stats if you work on the phones are not calculated like a typical call center for calls per hour rather based on average for center for the day and divided between entire phone team regardless of phone volume during your own shift. Calls available during your shift aren't calculated. Highly unrealistic to achieve causing for failure. And if you bring this to their attention it is brushed off because as a lower employee you must not understand how stats work, no matter how long you have done this job, 15 plus years.
Temporary
HISTOLOGY ACCESSION DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 6, 2018
Within the short time associated with CHI Histology, I learned a great deal from the Hospital and working in the Lab. They have programs for associates and patients that continue to improve.
Pros
Worked with very dedicated staff.
Cons
The job was only tempory
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 6, 2018
This company is great to work for. There is room for advancement and it feels like your own family when you come to work. The atmosphere is outstanding
Family Atmosphere
Lead Tech for Phlebotomy and Specimen Processing (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 4, 2018
Great teamwork atmosphere. LEAN plan taken to the extreme. Always short staffed. Management supports their staff as much as they can. I would work here again but it definitely eats into your energy in your personal life.
Pros
Management does it's best with what they can do.
Cons
Always Short staffed
Cold as can be.
Security Engineer, Perimeter Goverernence (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 3, 2018
I was let go after 3 years of service due to a restructuring.

I got not a single thank you or kind words, felt more like a firing than a layoff due to poor management strategies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Health Initiatives. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight