Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews

Terrible and confusing work environment (norwood oh location)
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norwood, OHMarch 14, 2019
This place is terrible, the office manager is rude and doesn’t get anything done. The workplace was sooooo negative. People openly talking about how much they hated it there. Training is inconsistent. One person will teach you one thing, the next day you will sit with someone else and they will tell you everything you were taught was wrong. People would make complaints to the office manager and as soon as she walks away, they say she’s not going to do anything and she really doesn’t.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, negative work environment
Helping others
Intern (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMarch 11, 2019
Everyone wants to help everyone else. Great team management. Friendly atmosphere. Co-workers are very supportive in getting the task complete. Terrific company.
Pros
Free Lunch, doiscounts
DON'T work here
Medication Reconciliation Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 9, 2019
Worst place I have ever worked. It is so mismanaged it is laughable. They are so short staffed they overwork their current employees. The hospital manages its money so poorly that they have had to close units within the hospital. They recently closed labor and delivery.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Fun and caring place to work at
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMarch 6, 2019
I loved working here! My patients were caring and loving! The nurses work as a team when under staffed and when we are at ratio! I didn’t really wanna leave but had to for other job opportunities that CHI was not able to give me!
Great people, professional physicians
Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 6, 2019
I worked in a one person department that was vacant for almost a year before I came. I had support from the physicians, lab director, and information technology. I was included in weekly tumor board conferences that expanded my knowledge. They have a parking garage for staff just a short walk from the hospital. The staff and physicians are friendly, work hard and do quality work.
Pros
Parking and friendly staff
Cons
not enough vacation time
Mtn Mgt is a poor representation of the hospital
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 2, 2019
Mtn Mgt has no idea what goes on in the offices and there is no genuine effort to find out. Providers are treated like gods and the support staff like pond scum. Providers are allowed to create a hostile work environment and mgt will turn a blind eye. Should you speak up or have an independent thought - start packing your things because this is not welcomed and you will be run off. Do not recommend working for Mountain Management - ever. Organization of hypocrisy and self served interests.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Management, hypocrisy
Fun place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baudette, MNFebruary 28, 2019
I loved working here, everybody was so friendly and very helpful. Everyone made sure that if you need a day off that they would do everything in their power to make sure you got it off. They are very flexible. They were great at taking their time to teach me everything that I needed to know to do my job well, and even sent me away for better training. I would go back in a heartbeat if I could. Its a great place to work.
Pros
flexibility, friendly people
Cons
a lot of call hours
face paced, management faily responsive
nurse (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 27, 2019
fairly well managed, face paced, sometimes work overloaded for nurses. not enough staff on board, stringy in benefits, pay not compensated for the market standards
Read my full review if your thinking about working for chi st.vincent in Little Rock Ar
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 26, 2019
It was a bad place managers do not respect the technicians there if a nurse feel like you did something wrong they wrote a email on you and you could not tell your side manager was rude did not let me talk told me to shut up other manager threatened to fire me everyday harassment is ok there as long as the managers does it first the techs are good co workers but nurses abuse there power NOT A PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT AT ALL my manager was racist told me she didn’t like me I worked for chi st.vincent mental health department
Great Hospital to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 26, 2019
Great place to work. Community among staff, and overall great team work. I worked for 1 year and nine months on the cardiac step down unit. I was nominated for 2018's best CNA on my unit.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Long 12 hour shifts
one of their own
Critical care nurse (Current Employee) –  omaha, neFebruary 26, 2019
The employees treat you as one of their own. I enjoy going to my job everyday and have learned so much from them. I hope to continue working for them after my education is complete.
Very bad supervisor. She was not in the same city. Located 45 miles away.
LMHC (Former Employee) –  Newton, IAFebruary 25, 2019
Supervisor had no idea how to handle therapy clients. She was not aware of the time others spent goofing off and talking about her behind her back.
Two faced workers. No one did what she says nor worked the hours she had told the staff to work.
We were supposed to work till 7 pm 2 nights a week.

Staff never did so they were angry if new staff followed the directive.
No sick days allowed.
Could not call in.
CHI rules were you had to take unexcused absences for sick days if you did not get it approved.

Supervisor was intimidated by CADC At office so she did not listen to LMHC.
HORRIBLE turnover.
Do not waste time working in unhealthy environment.
company merger
Manager (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYFebruary 22, 2019
company merger may present new opportunities. Took significant time to complete. Culture changes will hopefully be positive especially for the patient.
A place to start, but not to stay
RN (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 22, 2019
I began working here as a brand new BSN RN and was quickly overwhelmed with the amount of patients they push on the nurses. Having 5 during the day and 7 at night when they all require high acuity care is insane. There was not a single shift that was adequately staffed. I watched very experienced RN staff leave due to this. With the new MercyOne transition and frequent budget cuts, staff is expected to do more with less. It’s unsafe and unfair. The hospital cares more about the numbers than the patients and that’s is very clear. I can only imagine how many more staff members will leave.
Pros
Flexibility, training
Cons
Short staffed, uncaring, money hungry
very interesting place to work
Receptionist/MA (Current Employee) –  N Little Rock, ARFebruary 21, 2019
A typical day at work would consist of answering phones, checking patients in and out, collecting copays and balances that are due, scanning and faxing documents, and ordering office supplies.
A Rewarding Place to Work
IT Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 17, 2019
I have had the opportunity to spend the bulk of my career working for CHI. It is a kind, giving company that places focus on patients in hospital and clinical settings. The work is focused on improving the lives and experience for the patients. One truly feels like they are making a difference and providing a benefit for a healing outcome for someone in need. The organization does its best to provide a learning environment for the employees and has ample opportunity for advancement for those that demonstrate initiative.
Pros
Rewarding, fulfilling, good benefits, great co-workers
A job with a purpose
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 15, 2019
It's made clear each day that your job is needed, regardless the position. You're rewarded with the happiness of the patients and their families. They are sure to stick with their mission statement.
it's what you make it
Lead Patient Account Rep / CHI St. Vincent (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 11, 2019
Pay is not the best if you have a heart and love for patients you will do great staffing is an issue there were a lot of times where you will work short staffed
Pros
patient care
Cons
pay not great
Services are conservative and always imporving
Chi St Vincent voluntary services (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARFebruary 7, 2019
A typical day is full of smiling workers helping to improve the health of hundreds of patients. I've learned how to expand my influence on others and the culture with other workers can be fun and fulfilling.
Pros
moderate breaks, cooperative co workers
Cons
communication can be stressful at times
Great Company
PACU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 5, 2019
The structure of CHI workflow seems to work well in the PACU. I learned a lot from the charge nurse and preceptor classes required for clinical ladder advancement.
Pros
great work culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Health Initiatives. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight