Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  ChattanoogaDecember 9, 2018
I Learned a lot here..I did my internship here and everyone in the lab was very nice and helpful..I enjoy meeting all the different people that come ther
Good Job/Company
IT Employee (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 5, 2018
I really loved working her for the first four years, then things started to change dramatically. It has been tough for many years now, but I like the people I work "with" so it keeps me here.

Too much outsourcing for roles that bring in improperly skilled/trained staff, poor decision making by those dictating and not actually preforming the work. Too many people getting high paying jobs/big titles because of who they know and not what they know. As a result...a lot of rework, unnecessary spending, lack up leadership support because they don't understand what you do or they do not know how the do the very job they are giving direction on. Fortunately, I've been here long enough and have figured out how to get around the setbacks or at least expect them and live with them.

They do offer a fair amount of PTO right from the start and the benefits are decent compared to other companies I've seen. The mission is great and most permanent people work by it (the reason we stay). The values are what brought me to the company, however, are lacking greatly the last few years with all the outsourcing and hiring of contractors/consultants that aren't there for the long haul.
Good company to work for
Biomedical Electronics Technician II (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 1, 2018
In-house boomed position at a very large hospital. The company had a good mentorship program and the shop was very relaxed. I feel like I left the company too soon and would gladly go back.
Very friendly work place, fun people to be around,
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 16, 2018
I loved working for CHI ST Vincent it gives you great benefits and discounts, pharmacy discounts and lunch discounts . It has a great parking deck for employees, and great flexible hours, paid vacation and holidays
Pros
Discounts, hour for lunch
Cons
Short breaks
It was fun
Helper (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2018
It was very fun working there. My boss made me feel comfortable and welcomed.
Pros
Managers, employees, work
Cons
I finished my work before lunch
Teamwork
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 12, 2018
Do not like to train
Pay is low
Workload is high
No teamwork environment
Have to start at the bottom
Closely watch their temps
Cannot get weekend access
So so organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 10, 2018
Financially not secure organization so a lot of negativity exist among employees. Management didn/t really care about the situation and it got worse and finally sold to other company.
Amazing Leadership
Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 5, 2018
In my 3 years at CHI, I have worked with many leaders. My direct leader allows me a great deal of autonomy which works well for me. I would describe leadership as trustworthy, inclusive, and collaborative- on the national and market levels. If you are the type of person who loves what you do, CHI is a wonder career partner! Your passion will be celebrated and your accomplishments championed. I am very happy with my leadership team and the direction we are going.
Pros
Trustworthy, Inclusive, Collaborative, Considerate
Cons
None at this time
wouldn't go back
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARNovember 3, 2018
I worked as a nurse and the hospital is always understaffed and what the administrators ask you to do is unrealistic and does not focus on uninterrupted patient care but focuses on the charts and white boards. You will put your license on the line and at the end of the day they do not care about you or your license.
Fun team, dark times where ahead
Application Developer II (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 30, 2018
The team and my immediate management was fun and supportive. With the changing healthcare landscape there was a bit of doom and gloom with some of the team. Also cost cutting measures because of these changes sometimes made it hard to do your job.

One negative is the concept of never letting people go, just promoting them out of the position. Most people were competent and hard working, but some people were in positions they should not have been.
Expect what you should and shouldn't
NURSE AIDE (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 30, 2018
Work goes one way or the other, but that's healthcare. the important thing is that you don't forget you have a great team to help you while you work. Hardest part of the job is that there are positions open and no one is applying to make the load of work easier, so apply and become apart of a machine that helps promote the best environment for being able to efficiently get the job done. The friendly staff will be more than happy to have you as a part of the team if you are willing to work hard to improve the lives of the patients.
Engaging, forward thinking
System Vice President Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 28, 2018
Large not-for-profit health system. Complex corporate and governance challenges in bringing local and regional systems into large, corporate business and governance model.
I love the people I work with.
RN (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 24, 2018
I plan to continue to work here PRN. It is a stressful place to work that I have fallen in love with. I enjoy working with the nurses and physicians. I have made some lasting friendships here as well.
Good work life balance can work remotely
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 22, 2018
Allows employees to work remotely, providing a great work life balance. This is a huge plus and what I enjoy most. Pay is low, benefits are good not great. Their is an opportunity to advance although you must prove yourself with many tough work assignments. Yearly raises are small as well as small raises with a promotion.
Pros
CHI Perks - can buy at an employee discount from many stores, Get points earned for each purchase, 40K matching is good, PTO is better than most companies in the first year
Cons
Employees are on call on a rotating basis every 6 weeks.
Excellent work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 21, 2018
Christian environment that cares about people and gives exceptional patient care. Employees love each other and want the best for the patients. Great unity!
Depends on where you are
OR Staff (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 20, 2018
CHI in Des Moines is phenomenal. CHI in Omaha is great. CHI in Council Bluffs, IA is garbage. The OR at Mercy in Council Bluffs is toxic. The bullying and the gossip is horrendous. They are not only cruel to each other, but they are even worse to students. I have never quite seen anything like it. The doctors are good and some of the scrubs/nurses seem to know what they are doing, but anybody who hasn't worked there for years will be miserable working with the miserable staff there.
Pros
Docs are good
Cons
Every thing else
The benefits and work hours are great
Medical Receptionist / Appointment Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 19, 2018
The company overall is great to work for but just know to watch your back at all times. The benefits are great and the work hours are great and some of great employee assistance support.
Pros
Free lunches and health insurance
Cons
Some shady co-workers and the pay
Enjoyed working here for just few months
Senior Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 12, 2018
Enjoyed working here for just few months.
Had the flexibility in work schedule.
Recent merger with Dignity impacted the existing projects & work culture.
Now witness uncertainty.
Gives more opportunities and growth to their employees
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 11, 2018
Typical day at work is usually busy but management gives ample time for employees to take some day off when requested. They give tuition reimbursement which gives opportunities for employees for professional growth.
Horrible Upper Management
Coder (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 9, 2018
The division manager is the WORST manager I've ever had the misfortune to work with. The fact that she is in management position shows an astounding lack of self awareness of her own skill set.Our division has worked diligently over the last few years to improve employee relationships, retain and recruit staff and generally make CHI a great place to work. We were finally fully staffed and in a good place when she started a year ago. It's really amazing the damage a single person can do; almost every single department in our division is now running short-staffed due to her "management."

That being said, my direct supervisor and coworkers are great, there is an excellent rapport and sense of teamwork. I enjoy my work and am grateful for the opportunity to work for home for 4 out of 5 days.

For a faith based organization there is an uncomfortable level of importance place on financial numbers, but that's central to my job so I'm sure I feel it much more acutely that say, a nurse would.
Pros
Healthcare, remote work
Cons
Upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Health Initiatives. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Catholic Health Initiatives.

Powered by Comparably