Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews

Severely overworked & underpaid
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37404August 14, 2018
Hired to complete a 3 man team; 45 days after my hire 1person quit, 30 days later 2nd person quit. I was told due to decreased productivity no new hires! Threatened to quit; positions got posted. Worked 6 months solo doing the job of 3 people - no viable applicants per management. After numerous complaints of unsafe practices and procedures I was fired before I could quit. System is still very broken per current employees and shift/weekend differential is about to be cut/taken away. Be very diligent in researching this company before working for them.
Cons
No recognition or reward for being a hard/good worker
Horrible place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNAugust 14, 2018
I worked there for about 6 months; during this time I had been pulled between 2 doctors and 2 nurses and one would complain that I was helping the other more so I’d help them more at that point the other would start to complain I was helping the other more so there was no winning and I was always the one to blame. At the end of my employment I found out I was pregnant and let my office manager know at the point 1.5 weeks later I was fired and told I wasn’t allowed to apply or work for CHI Memorial again!!!
CHI Mountain Management is under paid and has poor management.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAAugust 13, 2018
My experience with CHI was with Mountain Management and not Memorial Hospital. I enjoyed working in the family practice but I did not like the pay or the lack of opportunity for advancement. There was more opportunity at Mountain Management but the pay was still no better and management did not communicate effectively with the employees.
Supervisor
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  chattAugust 12, 2018
Supervisor has her picks, it's all about her and her personal needs. Hospital run down can't keep employees. Low pay and have to watch your back all the time. Supervisor very sneaky...
Pros
close to home
Cons
supervisor
RN case manager for dayton and 6 counties
RN Case Manager Dayton (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhioAugust 11, 2018
I was hired for dayton area and once I got off orientation they had me traveling to 6 counties in ohio. Travel is excessive. They have you tavelling any and everywhere with no notice. Pay is well below national average. Management is rude, uneducated, and will not communicate with you. Don't waste your time here The last few days I was employed there I had 1 to 2 patients and they hired me in a salary position. I never met productivity.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Terrible insurance and low pay...lack of work in Dayton area.
It was an experience
Surg Tech (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARAugust 6, 2018
My time at CHI was on the job training. I do appreciate the opportunity that was given. However the employees seemed more tensed. It was a fast paced environment and expectancy for excellent was upfront
Stressful but rewarding
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 5, 2018
This field is not for everyone. Mental health is challenging. Many people are not fit and they will hate their job. But for those who still pursue, CHI Friendship provides one of the best environments they can even with all the state and funding cutbacks. There is freedom, but lots of responsibility. There are people supported, and friendships.
Excellent work environment
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 3, 2018
Although a hospital can be a very stressful place to work, CHI works as a team or even more as a family. There is always someone to help you if needed or just be there as support when things go wrong. I have never worked with a better team as I do now. Management is extremely caring and is willing to work with you to maintain an excellent life/work balance.
Pros
Excellent team work and support
Cons
Stressful situations can occur including life and death.
Productive and fun place to work
Medical Assistant/scribe (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORAugust 1, 2018
I worked for CMG Orthopedics and it is a great office to work for! The staff is awesome and the physicians there are the best to work for. I learned so much from them and wish I could have stayed. I moved out of state and had to find a new job.
If your life means anything, keep searching.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAAugust 1, 2018
There are other jobs out there. Its more dangerous working here than inside any jail or prison. If a patient comes in on meth and attacks you, Memorial does NOT want you to defend yourself. They took guns away from security guards. You might be the only security guard there. If you want to take a chance on getting injured, getting a disease or possibly getting killed,then this is the place to be. Sad but true.
Pros
Cons
You can not defend yourself.
great environment with great people
Network/Systems Administrator, Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 24, 2018
the day to day goings on at QualChoice is like working with family, some you dont care to deal with and others you really enjoy, lol. seriously Qualchoice is the first and only IT related company i have worked for and the guys on my team are very supportive and helpful, knowledge transfer is constant in my dept and the end users are for the most part a joy to work with, I try to educate my end-users and not just is an issue for them.
Pros
flexible
Cons
oncall
I can't give an honest review
A/R Representative (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJuly 23, 2018
Its been too long since I've worked for this company to provide an honest and helpful review. I parted on poor terms by choice because I wasn't happy with the company or management. The billing office should in no way reflect on the company as a whole.
Very relaxed workplace.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJuly 20, 2018
The job it self was not the issues, but the paper works and after hours on my scheduling days was not for me as a student going to school at the time. The paid was good and so as the resident I was working with.
Great Management
Natl. Mgr., Payer Relations & Contract Compliance (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 17, 2018
Great company to work for however, going through a merger with Dignity Health and a lot of layoff's happened. I had to lay off 4 members of my team and was afraid my job was in jeopardy. I had an amazing manager.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Did not feel stable with the company
Hostile work environment
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARJuly 8, 2018
ABSOLUTELY APPALLED at ever having worked at CHI in Hot Springs. Management could care less about employees happiness or safety. If you aren't a "yes man" or suck up, you have ZERO opportunity for advancement. I LOVED the docs I worked with and some of the nurses. The benefits and "extras" offered at this place are NOT worth the license you work for!!!! STAY AWAY
Pros
Good ER doc
Cons
Horrible management
Love the people I worked with
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 8, 2018
I worked nights and usually they didn't have enough techs so I would have 17 patients every night. That was very hard. The people were great to work with. They worked with your schedule.
Pros
Worked with your schedule
Cons
work load
Love it
Biomedical Technician II (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 4, 2018
I love CHI, the people the dedication and that its root are religion based. How often can you be a part of a job that is basically the same religion?
Love CHI
Pros
Great People
Cons
Just like any other job there will be a few
Enjoyed working for CHI
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 4, 2018
I worked for CHI for 8 years on the overall I enjoyed working there. We had a family atmosphere. We took the time to care about one another. My first CEO and CFO that I worked under were very good to us. Down the line when they left things changed, but that was to be expected. On the overall I was happy working at CHI.
Just ehh
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJuly 4, 2018
Management sometimes doesn't know the difference in their position and being a dictator. If you haven't been there forever they treat you differently and constantly breathe down your neck to make sure you are 100% correct for everything. Break times and lunches are a joke and so hard to get. It is impossible to get a break to even use the bathroom after 3pm.
Cons
very low pay
Good Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJuly 2, 2018
Good coworkers and decent compensation. Leadership needs improvement, and overall organization needs changes to provide better quality care to patients and better work experience for coworkers.
Pros
Pto, Benefits
Cons
Stressful, Lack of Advancement, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Health Initiatives. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

55out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Catholic Health Initiatives.

Powered by Comparably