Catholic Health Initiatives
Information from Catholic Health Initiatives:

Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews

United States1,090 reviews
Found 1,090 reviews matching the search
Focused on serving those most in need.
I feel CHI has a strong strategic plan that allows them to continue to focus on caring for the poor and vulnerable in our communities. I am proud to work for CHI and feel a strong purpose in my career.
Excellent, values driven NPO
Worked Quality department. Excellent VP and executive leadership. Unfortunately company over extended themselves with purchase of Houston hospitals (2 billion). Had to reduce operational expenses and cut whole layer of management. Had to be done but they cut to the bone. Now they have merged and are Common Spirit. Loved working there and would return.
Sterile processing department
Workers unhappy in SPD. Manager has zero experience in Sterile Processing. There almost a year and still not trained in any service. Bad temper, shows favoritism, and professionalism is absent when talks to her subordinates.
Very little oversight in the dept. Every man for himself.

Wish the higher ups knew how bad it was. Dept was improving before she got there.

The hospital as a whole is GREAT!
Chi
The pay is very low compared to other places. They don't do raises. It's a very unreliable place to work and the turnover rate is high. Upper management doesn't really seem to care when you bring up a problem.
Just say no
Catholic Health merged with Dignity Healh in Feb. 2019...since then job security is a best 2 out of 10, this has led to everyone jumping ship, giving up, backstabbing.

Management is a major problem, there is NO openness

and blatant leav
Pros
USED to be a good place to work
Cons
NOT a good place any longer
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Mission, Vision, Values are a Tag Line
I came to CHI as part of merger with CommonSpirit. Organization touts their mission and values but fails to follow them. Leadership is more interested in the bottom line and does not care about their employees. HR is not supportive and does not know their own policies. Company is willing to sacrifice their leaders in order to reach employee engagement even with toxic employees.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Unethical. No work-life balance. Little to no support.
Bad management
The job itself was rewarding but management was biased, and does not value their employees. I would never recommend working there. There are periodic layoffs. In 5 years I survived 3 layoffs of a large number of employees.
problems beneath the surface
If you have tough skin, can ignore inappropriate managers, coworkers that interfere with your work, fewer hours than initially "promised," sure, apply here. I was hired for a position which was advertised as "full time" and once hired, I was offered 30 hours a week (bait and switch). When I started as a perm employee, there was an MRI traveler working (still an ad currently for a traveler for this site). My position offered a sign-on bonus (another red flag about many open jobs), which I declined. While I was there, one long time MRI tech was fired for unacceptable performance (this was an improvement, but still....). Was large turnover in local HR staff while I worked there. My suggestion if you are reading this - keep on looking. I regret having worked at this facility.
Juvenile behavior Lexington Ky
I was thoroughly disgusted with the behavior of the NICU staff and NPs. Inadequate training and coworker trust issues. if they didn’t like you, they would make it a point to cause problems that would even cost patients adequate care i’d NEVER Recommend anyone delivering a baby there. management does not use staff efficiently while at work during any given 12 hr shift I never saw housekeeping
Pros
Cons
Extremely poor patient care
I still work there part time. It is a great place to work. I've worked full time and part time at St. Vincent. The best part are your team members.
It is also a nice clean facility.
Great company
This was an excellent company to be employed with. Management is top notch and they care about their employees and clients. Coworkers were helpful and informative. All employees worked as a team. Great pay and benefits. Schedule was very flexible.
Its a great place to work
HIGHLY RECOMMEND CHI FOR A JOB SEARCH. Benefits and insurance available, 6 weeks schedule of your choice is available, overall a great work environment for you or your loved ones!
1 pro I can remember is that if you move to another state your job can be transferring. As long as you're in good standing the time of your departure.
Security Manager needs to go!
I often work alone because of shortage of staff. The security manager rarely assists me the time I am there She does not liked to be bothered.. No structure, loosely organized, Security Manager comes and goes as she pleases without regard to shortage of staff. She goes on many vacations a year and is quick deny your leave. Hostile work environment.....
A bit of mess
CHI has undergone so many mergers in the last couple of years that no one is up to date on policy or procedures of the business. They continue to downsize departments making employees work harder with less resources. They do have great job opportunity for people, however you will be working weird and long hours. I have learned a lot of new skills while working here, however it took a serious toll on my mental health and the mental health of co-workers.
Bad Management/ co-workers
The work, training and patients were great. It's certain senior co-workers and management that were hard to deal with. They can make your job experience awful if they don't like you- to the extent they oust you.
Producitive
I work with great managers and medical technologists not only in microbiology, but in the other departments as well. I like the flexibility I have with my work schedule.
Values and diversity
I experienced nurse triage line. Taking phone calls and doing refills. Doing vitals and preparing for injections. Working with different providers and patient care.
Worked here 5 years, have nothing to show.
Worked at CHI for 5, I've never meet a larger group of people that were so underpaid, over worked, under appreciated and completely walked all over by those in the cooperate offices. They would rather buy a concert stadium than give bonuses or cost of living raises!
Great
This is a great hospital to work for I have been here almost 4 years and love all my co-workers and The Doctors everyone goes above and beyond to make working here very comfortable and family like oriented.
Not Christian Based
This company hides behind the cross but they do not live up to Biblical principles behind the scenes. I worked in HR and it was great for training but so many unethical practices took place. Say a prayer before you walk into CHI.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Health Initiatives. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Catholic Health Initiatives.