Catholic Health System Employee Reviews

Cheap people
CNA (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 30, 2018
I am a current employee for catholic health, they are cheap the pay is ridiculous you work hard for nothing, management don’t care about you or your complaints. at my facility aides come and go, they can’t keep new hires for more than 1 month. The whole building is going down, all the good aides are leaving just because if them( system) being so cheap and not caring about their aides. It’s a shame and don’t value their mission as a “ catholic health “
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Cheap
great potential
CNA- Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJuly 24, 2018
company with great potential but quickly drains employees due to being short staffed. I enjoy working for this company because I was paired up with coworkers that have the same drive as me. If you have that the possibilities are endless. Very light hearted place to work for compared to others. Would recommend.
Pros
like my coworkers
Cons
too far
Busy Work Environment
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 20, 2018
It was a busy work environment with undependable coworkers. You can be mandated to work and I have been stuck for a day or two due to inclement weather.
Very motivated and productive, easy to get along with
Phlebotomist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 29, 2018
My training was very helpful and everyone was very friendly. I learned a lot during my 6 weeks of intern and am excited to learn as much as possible. Love to talk to patients and make sure they are satisfied with my services. I learned multiple techniques when drawing on difficult patients. I enjoyed working with different phlebotomist and their different personalities. I also enjoy talking to patients and making them laugh. I love learning just about anything.
All about who you know, theyll hire theyre bosses daughter before you.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 16, 2018
First of all, you can go to all of their open interviews, apply online thousands of time & make effort but they don't care.. I've been to every interview of 2018 just for them to say "there's lots of applicants right now, try back again".. When i got in, it was nothing but a competition!
Pros
Great Company, Pay
Cons
Short Breaks, Natural Hair Color Only
Supportive, understanding and encouraging work environment
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 31, 2018
Encourages you to ask questions and voice any concerns. There are meetings every three months to keep us up on procedures to provide the best care for our patients.
Limited flexibility
Per-Diem Occupational Therapist (MS, OTR/L) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
Per diem positions include mandatory monthly shifts. Unable to flex to include covering time off during the week. Mandatory weekend/full 9 hour day non-negotiable. Good learning experience but long term it's too demanding.
Top Heavy
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 2, 2018
Catholic Health system rewards corporate positions. The motto of catholic health for its workers is do more with less. Morale is not very high amongst its workers.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Catholic Health
Nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 16, 2018
Worked for Sisters for 5+ years. I would not recommend a floor nursing job to anyone. Understaffed constantly. Sometimes you don't have the basic equipment to do your job, pulse ox and even finding a working computer is a challenge. They have good benefits but the treatment you receive from management and a few co workers does not make it worth it. Leaving there was a tough decision but it ended up being the best decision I made. There are so many opportunities out there. As nurses if we stick together, they will have to change the way they treat us.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Overworked understaffed
too stressful and understaffed
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 5, 2018
Constantly understaffed and work with people who do not do their jobs correctly. Management does not care and is also no help. Was “part time” but basically worked full time hours. Also personally, and was witness to my coworkers, being treated with such disrespect and was constantly talked down to from management. No balance between work life and personal life and management disregarded this fact when it came to PTO’s and requests off.
Cons
Hours
Too much politics involved.
Project Manager - Lead Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 13, 2018
A lot of the positions are who you know, not what you know. Upper management will rotate analysts and techs to allow for advancement. Example is if you have 10 people working for you, you automatically get moved to a Director status. Management would lend employees to other managers to allow them to get director status.
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 1, 2018
It is a great place to work. A typical day involves you working on your unit you are assigned to and helping the residents with skills of daily living. The co workers are great and very helpful.
Stable job
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 26, 2018
Phones: incoming and outgoing
Appointments
Insurance verification and authorization
Class registation
Reports
The hardest part of the job is the constant phone calls.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the insurance
Good people to work with and for
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Catholic Health Services is a good place to work. Everyone works together, and has utmost concern for their patients as well as the employees. I was treated very fairly and enjoyed being part of a team of such caring, kind individuals. Although I was only a part-time employee, I understand the benefits are quite good.
Fast paced medical floor
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Assembled and disassembled patient charts, entered vitals, doctor's orders, answered call phone, assisted RNs in a face-paced sometimes stressful environment.
Pros
Gained experience in hospital environment
Cons
Inconsistency of break and lunch times - short staffing
Helped Me to Advance My Career
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 18, 2017
Provided reimbursement for every calendar year I worked while in school. Most managers will work with a school schedule. Seniority doesn't count if you go from a nonunion to a union job.
I like it here.
Pharmacy Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 1, 2017
Catholic. Brief ceremonies periodically.

There is room for advancement if you stick around long enough and work hard your efforts will be noticed as someone they can count on.

Management recognizes positive and friendly personalities. Awards such as a "Great Catch" or "Love Award" encourages and reminds employees good work is rewarded.
Pros
Free lunches every once and awhile.
Understaffed
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 29, 2017
This company is so understaffed all the time. This one time I had to be an aid on a stroke floor for 20 patients by myself. It was so stressful and management does nothing
VP (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Many opportunities for success. Good people, staff who care about each other. Leadership could be a little more in touch. Great benefits, would highly recommend.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Leadership out of touch
A good balance of work and teamwork in difficult and stressful situations at times
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Very good place to work, management is proactive in helpings employees achieve higher education while balancing work and family life. Teamwork with other members of the department is phenomenal along with the physicians on staff that make you feel well respected
Pros
Pto
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Health System. Our community is ready to answer.