Catholic Health System Employee Reviews

A place to advance in your career
Stocking aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 10, 2018
I started in housekeeping but was given the chance to advance in my career and education. They offer a lot of benefits like health care and paid time off.
Pros
Advancement
Awesome place
Schedular (Current Employee) –  Niagara County, NYSeptember 27, 2018
Catholic health is a great place to work!!! Great pay, benefits and people. Always new jobs available and competitive salaries..i would highly recommend !
Short staffed and under paid
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MacauleySeptember 14, 2018
Worked on long term floor and they were always short staffed. Most patients were bed bound. Management is rude and unsupportive. Unit was forty beds and some evenings it would be two aids on the whole unit. Unsafe for both residents and workers.
Excellent people and Wonderful Environment
Phelbotomist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Catholic Health is a great union to work in because there amazing. The staff is awesome the patients are wonderful. I loved being in the a catholic Health System. Unfortunately due to relocating I had to reside.
Fun supportive environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 4, 2018
The CHS therapy staff provide a solid team approach which allows for positive therapeutic interventions for the patients. The different departments work together to provide a fantastic environment for healing.
stable
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 30, 2018
worked 8-4
everyday was something new
manager was a good resource
we where like one big family
there was no hard part
was the people i worked with and a good manager
Cheap people
CNA (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 30, 2018
I am a current employee for catholic health, they are cheap the pay is ridiculous you work hard for nothing, management don’t care about you or your complaints. at my facility aides come and go, they can’t keep new hires for more than 1 month. The whole building is going down, all the good aides are leaving just because if them( system) being so cheap and not caring about their aides. It’s a shame and don’t value their mission as a “ catholic health “
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Cheap
Great Place to work/Longevity-Hard to change Careers within
Acute Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 26, 2018
Worked for CHS for 14 years. Tried for 7 years to start a new career in a different department, but was unable to receive internal opportunity. Unfortunately I had to leave CHS to make my career change. Would not mind working for the company again.
Pros
Longevity, Solid Company
Cons
Internal opportunities outside current department hard to attain
great potential
CNA- Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJuly 24, 2018
company with great potential but quickly drains employees due to being short staffed. I enjoy working for this company because I was paired up with coworkers that have the same drive as me. If you have that the possibilities are endless. Very light hearted place to work for compared to others. Would recommend.
Pros
like my coworkers
Cons
too far
Busy Work Environment
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 20, 2018
It was a busy work environment with undependable coworkers. You can be mandated to work and I have been stuck for a day or two due to inclement weather.
Very motivated and productive, easy to get along with
Phlebotomist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 29, 2018
My training was very helpful and everyone was very friendly. I learned a lot during my 6 weeks of intern and am excited to learn as much as possible. Love to talk to patients and make sure they are satisfied with my services. I learned multiple techniques when drawing on difficult patients. I enjoyed working with different phlebotomist and their different personalities. I also enjoy talking to patients and making them laugh. I love learning just about anything.
All about who you know, theyll hire theyre bosses daughter before you.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 16, 2018
First of all, you can go to all of their open interviews, apply online thousands of time & make effort but they don't care.. I've been to every interview of 2018 just for them to say "there's lots of applicants right now, try back again".. When i got in, it was nothing but a competition!
Pros
Great Company, Pay
Cons
Short Breaks, Natural Hair Color Only
Supportive, understanding and encouraging work environment
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 31, 2018
Encourages you to ask questions and voice any concerns. There are meetings every three months to keep us up on procedures to provide the best care for our patients.
Limited flexibility
Per-Diem Occupational Therapist (MS, OTR/L) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
Per diem positions include mandatory monthly shifts. Unable to flex to include covering time off during the week. Mandatory weekend/full 9 hour day non-negotiable. Good learning experience but long term it's too demanding.
Great place for those with no ambition
Revenue Management (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 17, 2018
They have dumbed the billing office down so all you do is the same monotonous task day in and day out. Very boring for someone who thrives in multitasking and deadlines. No room for much advancement. Management is good in the fact they don't micromanage. The training here is the worst. It's pretty much nonexistent. You need to be a self taught, self driven individual.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
Most coworkers are miserable. Bring the whole morale down
Top Heavy
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 2, 2018
Catholic Health system rewards corporate positions. The motto of catholic health for its workers is do more with less. Morale is not very high amongst its workers.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Catholic Health
Chs
Revenue Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 24, 2018
Upon being hired a few years ago I found this company to be wonderful and supportive in every way, but almost 4yrs later after moving in to the new downtown location,the CEO left, . Directors resigned as recent as last week to move on to "something less stressful" calling it a toxic environment, jobs have been reassigned with the company placement of where they want you rather than the employee choosing a position of interest. This has led to a high rate of frustration, a feeling of helplessness and dissatisfaction in the workplace with no management support at any level
Nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 16, 2018
Worked for Sisters for 5+ years. I would not recommend a floor nursing job to anyone. Understaffed constantly. Sometimes you don't have the basic equipment to do your job, pulse ox and even finding a working computer is a challenge. They have good benefits but the treatment you receive from management and a few co workers does not make it worth it. Leaving there was a tough decision but it ended up being the best decision I made. There are so many opportunities out there. As nurses if we stick together, they will have to change the way they treat us.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Overworked understaffed
too stressful and understaffed
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 5, 2018
Constantly understaffed and work with people who do not do their jobs correctly. Management does not care and is also no help. Was “part time” but basically worked full time hours. Also personally, and was witness to my coworkers, being treated with such disrespect and was constantly talked down to from management. No balance between work life and personal life and management disregarded this fact when it came to PTO’s and requests off.
Cons
Hours
Too much politics involved.
Project Manager - Lead Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 13, 2018
A lot of the positions are who you know, not what you know. Upper management will rotate analysts and techs to allow for advancement. Example is if you have 10 people working for you, you automatically get moved to a Director status. Management would lend employees to other managers to allow them to get director status.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about