Catholic Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Top Heavy
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 2, 2018
Catholic Health system rewards corporate positions. The motto of catholic health for its workers is do more with less. Morale is not very high amongst its workers.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Catholic Health
Nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 16, 2018
Worked for Sisters for 5+ years. I would not recommend a floor nursing job to anyone. Understaffed constantly. Sometimes you don't have the basic equipment to do your job, pulse ox and even finding a working computer is a challenge. They have good benefits but the treatment you receive from management and a few co workers does not make it worth it. Leaving there was a tough decision but it ended up being the best decision I made. There are so many opportunities out there. As nurses if we stick together, they will have to change the way they treat us.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Overworked understaffed
too stressful and understaffed
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 5, 2018
Constantly understaffed and work with people who do not do their jobs correctly. Management does not care and is also no help. Was “part time” but basically worked full time hours. Also personally, and was witness to my coworkers, being treated with such disrespect and was constantly talked down to from management. No balance between work life and personal life and management disregarded this fact when it came to PTO’s and requests off.
Cons
Hours
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 1, 2018
It is a great place to work. A typical day involves you working on your unit you are assigned to and helping the residents with skills of daily living. The co workers are great and very helpful.
Stable job
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 26, 2018
Phones: incoming and outgoing
Appointments
Insurance verification and authorization
Class registation
Reports
The hardest part of the job is the constant phone calls.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the insurance
Good people to work with and for
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Catholic Health Services is a good place to work. Everyone works together, and has utmost concern for their patients as well as the employees. I was treated very fairly and enjoyed being part of a team of such caring, kind individuals. Although I was only a part-time employee, I understand the benefits are quite good.
Fast paced medical floor
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Assembled and disassembled patient charts, entered vitals, doctor's orders, answered call phone, assisted RNs in a face-paced sometimes stressful environment.
Pros
Gained experience in hospital environment
Cons
Inconsistency of break and lunch times - short staffing
Helped Me to Advance My Career
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 18, 2017
Provided reimbursement for every calendar year I worked while in school. Most managers will work with a school schedule. Seniority doesn't count if you go from a nonunion to a union job.
I like it here.
Pharmacy Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 1, 2017
Catholic. Brief ceremonies periodically.

There is room for advancement if you stick around long enough and work hard your efforts will be noticed as someone they can count on.

Management recognizes positive and friendly personalities. Awards such as a "Great Catch" or "Love Award" encourages and reminds employees good work is rewarded.
Pros
Free lunches every once and awhile.
Understaffed
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 29, 2017
This company is so understaffed all the time. This one time I had to be an aid on a stroke floor for 20 patients by myself. It was so stressful and management does nothing
VP (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Many opportunities for success. Good people, staff who care about each other. Leadership could be a little more in touch. Great benefits, would highly recommend.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Leadership out of touch
A good balance of work and teamwork in difficult and stressful situations at times
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Very good place to work, management is proactive in helpings employees achieve higher education while balancing work and family life. Teamwork with other members of the department is phenomenal along with the physicians on staff that make you feel well respected
Pros
Pto
Cons
Short breaks
Great atmosphere Great place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Sisters of Charity of HospitalSeptember 15, 2017
I worked patient access in the ER and bedboard nights. The nights are the best time to work. Friendly staff, consistantly busy ...love it!! It is however tough balancing work & family with staffing issues..
Pros
Best place to work Sisters of Charity hospital
Cons
When its low staffing can be tough to balance family & work
Ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 31, 2017
Catholic health is a OK place to work if you can find full time I worked part time at Olv and it feels like u work full time with none of the benefits
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
No advancement
It fit the bill when I needed a job
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2017
Catholic Health was a difficult company to work for. Expected to much from each person and provided no work life balance.
Many people were burned out and lost confidence due to the amoutn of work dumped on them.
Pros
Pay and benefits were good
Cons
Too much work and too little time
downsized
Information Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 27, 2017
I was downsized due to healthcare changes.
Fast paced growing company for last 10 years
64 percent growth rate
Opened 6 new company's under my watch
Pros
great co workers
Cons
top heavy management
Good Job
Receivables Clerk - Secondary Insurance (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 8, 2017
This was a great job, however I did not possess enough prior experience to succeed. I was not there long enough to seek other positions within the Institution.
Don't work here
Medical (Former Employee) –  KenmoreJune 26, 2017
Management does not care about employees workload is ridiculous , they put you under pressure every day if you want a stressful job this is it . No training given. Backstabbing employees and the patiences run the place. They don't care , there's no patient care all they care about are numbers how many people they can get in and out of the door to make money. They call themselves a catholic hospital, and treat employees terrible
Pros
Free parking, OK benefits
Cons
Pay sucks
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 26, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone was nice. Enjoyed my time as an employee there. Great working environment. Nothing negative to say. Didn't want to leave, had to for family obligations.
A ruthless company to work for
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 7, 2017
Very little guidance given, I felt like I was thrown to the wolves with no clear direction or expectations. Management was clueless as to what they wanted to accomplish, very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Many