Catholic Health Employee Reviews

Good overall place to work
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 12, 2018
This is an overall good place to work. Many of the issues have to do with health care changes that impact working in the health care indulstry in general.
Failing in sufficient managment to guide the clinic
Licensed Practical Nurse/Suboxone Treatment (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 29, 2017
Very poor inexperienced management. Pushing me out of the medical primary medical field. I love the job but the clinic is lacking in direction and I see it failing in years to come, it is unforturnate.
Bad
Processing Department Charge Technologist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 6, 2017
Cannot advance stressful work situations due to lack of proper management in the department I would not recommend working for catholic heath in the laboratory
Pros
Cons
Too stressful
there are certain places that are ok to work but one hospital is not
not saying (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 2, 2017
I think that they could be a better place to work if the nurses would work with the aides, I don't also think that each hospital should be different, they all should be the same... Not happy with the current place that I work at..
Benefits
Cons
the attitudes
Not great, definitely not bad
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 13, 2017
Working in HR -- you deal with a lot of nonsense. Aside from that, the workers are all pretty nice despite my large age difference with them. I always felt welcome and liked, we'd bring in food and what not for eachother.

Cafeteria is nice in my opinion and I'm even a vegetarian (depends which facility I guess) I worked at three different hospitals (KMH, St. Marys, Sisters -- ranked in order of my preference) and at Marian the administrative building. Every where was overall a positive experience.

I didn't see a whole future in it -- others worker are overworked and burnt out.
Pros
Cafeteria, nice people (worked in HR)
Cons
Little unorganized, felt unimportant (as a department), pay wasn't amazing
productive workplace and great team members to work with
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 8, 2017
it's a fast paced environment with lots of room for growth. challenging tasks makes for great learning experience. I had great team members that assisted me.
Productive but not supportive
Nursing Homecare Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 17, 2017
Catholic Health
Nursing homecare scheduler

Scheduling for many nurses. Dealing with patients. Learned how to schedule electronically. Management is very sneaky and will turn on a dime to you, will not listen to reason. Workplace culture was very hard, everyone working to the bone and not supportive. Hardest part - scheduling nursing opens to nurses who already have 7-8 patient workload and trying to find people to take them. Most enjoyable - data entry cancellations. Speaking to nurses about their schedules and greeting them in the AM.
Pros
nursing supporting me, patient interactions through customer service
Cons
Management, extra open caseloads
Large Healthcare Facility with a no longer existent Sports Medicine Program
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYMarch 9, 2017
Sports Medicine program at Catholic Health was a very difficult job. No family or work-life balance, PTO time not able to be used most of the working year. Managers very inappropriate with their subordinates frequently.
productive workplace
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 20, 2017
My typical day at work starts with collecting my assignment for the day and get a quick report from the following shift. Upon entering the patients rooms I introduce myself and explain that I will be taking their vitals and assisting them with whatever they may need.Throughout the day my focus is on the patient and their needs.
Best place to work in the medical industry.
Floor Technician/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 29, 2017
Excellent place to work. Nice family environment with plenty of room and encouragement to grow in all fields in the company. I would highly recommend people to apply for their company.
Good teamwork by floor staff
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Management seems to undervalue their hard working floor staff. Great team work by staff members. Benefits could also be better. No 401k.
counselor
high pace environment
link patients with resources
case management
friendly coworkers
No room for advancement!!
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYSeptember 1, 2016
I currently work for CHS of Buffalo, although I love my co-workers that is about the only positive thing I can say. Management does not care about their employees, to them we are expendable. There are no full time jobs, we are expected to do more with less and when compared to other facilities we are under paid as well. CHS should not be labeled under Healthcare because it is all about $$$, patient care and employee health fall to a far, far second.
Good people and Co-workers.
Housekeeping/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJuly 22, 2016
I loved my real first job at Catholic Health. It showed me what it entails to work full-time and hard work paying off at the end of the day. Communication and management were never on the same page and caused alot of tension and blame to fall upon other departments such as housekeeping and maintenance and dietary.
Excellent Benefits, Good Company
Identity Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 4, 2016
Catholic Health is a good company to work for. Their strongest point is their benefits for their employees. Management is very fair in terms of personal time off.
Daily Life
Clinical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Livingston, TXMay 23, 2016
Great Place to work, But not room to advancement unless you are willing to move to another state. Not a very challenging job to have get really boring if you like to be challenge all time time
Positive Work Environment
Patient Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYMay 8, 2016
Positive work environment with good work/life balance.
Compensation/benefits could improve.
Management is helpful and accommodating.
Exceptional learning environment, helping employees excel in new areas and providing courses to learn new fields.
It rewarding to help someone feel better about their day.
ALF-Assistant Living Facility (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLApril 12, 2016
It is important to allow the geriatric individuals to feel they have a voice that we are listening to. In most cases we do not combine religion and work together. It is good to be grounded when speaking to curious minds of the young and old.
Pros
Helping people is great and should cost nothing.
Cons
Family seem to sometime forget the importance of being together.
case management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2016
good job environment, Supervisor was very understanding and very goal oriented. the hr was very on her job and willing to help any way possible..
Nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 21, 2016
Help with tuition assistance
Great coworkers

What is more enjoyable part of my work day is taking care of my patients and working with great coworkers
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
low pay rate