Catholic Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very welcoming
Primary Practice Professional Coder (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 4, 2018
great training
everyone is helpful and kind
supervisors are understanding
great pay
great benefits
great training
very clean place
lots of changes coming but for the better
Its all good
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 30, 2018
While working as an intern in the IT department I had offers to work specific jobs, take on the role of a full time employee and they provided me with ridiculously good benefits for an intern. Honestly, I cant think of a single negative thing to say about working here. I had respect from my colleagues, opportunities to advance, and a challenging environment, with supportive management. I cant speak for other departments but the IT department was great.
Pros
great benefits and opportunities
good place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 19, 2018
CMC is overall a great company to work for. Work life balance can be difficult at times but achievable. Great benefits, good culture, good management, job security.
Pros
great benefits
Disrespectful Culture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 5, 2018
The management at CMC rarely has time for employees, being very slow to communicate, if doing so at all. It is expected that you will put your life on hold for them, of course. Not recommended.
Catholic Medical Center
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 4, 2018
A lovely, warm environment. I greatly enjoyed the staff that I worked along; great, hardworking, caring people. The cafeteria is updated and provides many options, and great salad bar! I moved on due to an RN career advancement at another hospital, however, I would recommend CMC to anyone.
A caring, attentive and empathic hospital
LNA (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 30, 2018
I never had an issue with my coworkers that communication could not fix. I always felt if I needed help i got it from whoever i asked. I know the 10 years I spent there my contribution to the warm smile and friendly work atmosphere had inspired others to open up to one another.
Pros
vacation time and benefits
Cons
poor pay raise guidelines, strenuous incentive bonuses and to many frequent policy changes
medical coder
Medical Coder I (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 22, 2018
Great job to gain experience. People are very nice and knowledgeable. Flexible work hours. My manager is very nice and knows what she is doing. Very low pay compared to other local hospitals.
Pros
flexible hours, great learning opportunities
Cons
pay
workplace culture
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 18, 2018
Catholic Medical Center has a good culture with open door policy and good management. everyone feels part of a team. Low pay, not competitive with other companies with same positions, and that is the really the only issue with working there. They treat all employees with same respect regardless of status or position.
Pros
People, management, close to home
Cons
low pay
Great place to work for someone looking for exposure to the hospital setting
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 28, 2018
Catholic Medical Center was a great start to my career in the medical field as it gave me exposure to what really goes on behind the scenes at a hospital.
Great Co-workers
Registered Nurse, (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 25, 2018
Flexible schedule and great place to learn new skills. Opportunity to change positions and move through the organization. Leadership is focused on the business plan and works collaboratively with staff.
enjoyed learning something new
Case management/DI specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 2, 2018
The first couple of years I really enjoyed my position at CMC. Then later Management in our department were disagreeing with each other which caused friction and an uneasy feeling with the staff. It became a difficult environment to work in.
Pros
salary/benefits
Cons
stress
Great hospital to work and informative place to learn!
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parking garageFebruary 2, 2018
I started working for CMC back in 2012 and overall my time there was awesome. The people I met were honestly some of the best co workers I’ve ever had. Everyone truly cares for your well being. All my charge nurses were great and they truly did work with you on assignments, and per diem hours. I went back to school and my charge nurse would reach out to me to check in and would try to compensate my work/school hours. She really went above and beyond for me. The pay rate was fair/good for days, and the differentials for evening and night shift were pretty high. There was some good and bad days but you’re going to get that basically anywhere. Overall I would definitely recommend CMC as a place to work, especially new grads who want to learn the ropes as a new nurse.
Pros
Flexible hours, co workers
Great Place
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJanuary 28, 2018
I loved working at CMC!! Management was wonderful minus sadly my immediate manager! I was one of 5-6 people that sat in that spot.....the title of the job kept changing she was never happy! I will always love CMC it truly was an AWESOME place to work!
Pros
To many things to list
Cons
HR was not able to assist me, especially when I shared my situation; mgmt always support themselves, this is often common within companies.
Early revies
Nurse (Current Employee) –  New HampshireJanuary 21, 2018
I have not worked here long enough to give an educated review. Hospital is very large and the patient acuity is much higher than other hospitals in southern New Hampshire. I think this would be a great start for a new grad to gain experience.
Challenging, supportive environment.
Coder II (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 19, 2018
Overall, CMC is a great place to work. The coding/billing group within the revenue cycle works hard and is always willing to work above and beyond what is required in order to complete their work. It is a good cooperative environment, with opportunities to advance in your career.
Nice work place
5 years (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 17, 2018
I have enjoyed working at CMC.every one at work was such a nice person always there for you. Management was awesome, they do ask for your opinion before changes in department.
nice place to work
Manager of Engineering and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Overall this was a very nice place to work, the staff was very friendly and co-operative. The culture was very slow and relaxing. The management team was very open and transparent.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
low salary
Not a bad Gig for a college kid
MDS Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 10, 2018
Was my first real job which was exciting, unfortunately couldn't carry it through the summer due to working full time in construction. Wish I had stayed, paid fairly, just didn't work out in the end.
Great teamwork
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 5, 2018
Most of your co-workers work well with others and can make the extreme job a lot easier. Very fast paced organization but very rewarding to help people that are so vulnerable.
Cons
30 minutes lunch
Very stressful place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 4, 2018
Parking area did nor feel safe. Old work stations and software. Not much guidance or support from management. Too many personal issues mixed with work issues.