Catholic Medical Center Employee Reviews

Management was non-existent
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  CMC ambulatory clinicNovember 10, 2018
Management from the office level to the VP of the department were odds. Never took into account the staff feedback or needs of the department. Dismissive of any feedback/issues. Finger pointing and lack of resolution of issues. Most of the staff left within 6 months of hire. Super uncomfortable place to work.
Pros
Staff and doctors worked well together
Cons
Management was at odds and negatively impacted the clinic
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 26, 2018
Cmc is productive the people working come in do there jobs and then head home. Everyone worked together if you had a question someone would be able to answer it
Busy high-acuity ER
Staff RN Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 23, 2018
Catholic Medical Center (CMC) is a 330-bed not-for-profit full-service acute care hospital located in the West Side area of Manchester, New Hampshire, United States. CMC offers medical-surgical care with more than 26 subspecialties, inpatient and outpatient services, diagnostic imaging and a 30-bed 24-hour emergency department. Norris Cotton Cancer Center at CMC offers medical oncology and infusion services.
Pros
Busy high-acuity ER
Cons
Busy high-acuity ER
good place
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 8, 2018
CMC is a great place to work. I was sad to leave. The only reason that I left was because I relocated to be closer to family. It is an amazing place with amazing docs
Bullies and nurses eating their young....
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 16, 2018
Typical of nurses eating their young with the poorest management around. Even though the compensation is where it should be, it doesn't make up for the bad taste in your mouth when you walk in and out of the doors. No amount of money is worth that...
Great place to learn before moving on to someplace far better.
ED Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 11, 2018
Catholic Medical Center has undergone drastic changes in management in recent years resulting in a work culture where employees are expected to perform at or beyond 100% while job security is uncertain. Workplace politics outweigh performance. There is a focus on corporate compliance to the exclusion of employee satisfaction. Essential to your continual survival is your ability to be liked by the right individuals. Great place to learn, but a poor choice for a career. Everyone is expendible at Catholic Medical Center.
Pros
Free lunch on your birthday, valued up to $5.00!
Cons
High stress levels.
interesting place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 2, 2018
Management is non-present
constant turn over of employees(management)
no clear direction as rules change on a dime,the hardest part of the job is training or lack of training with the constant work load there is to much room for error. Working independently is a must and lack of respect is daily.
Pros
hours
Cons
complete chaos most days with minimal direction.
Loved my job and the people I worked with, caring organization.
Heart Monitor Technician/Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 23, 2018
My job included being a Cardiac Heart Monitor Tech along with a Dept Coordinator position. I managed the clerical part of the cardiac nursing unit and paid particular attention to the heart monitors. The experience that I have acquired will help me immensely in the Cardiac Health field. Management was helpful the whole step of the way. The culture at CMC was very diversified with all walks of life. The hardest part of my job was having a patient pass away. The most enjoyable was definitely seeing our patients get better.
Pros
great health care
Cons
didnt always have time for breaks, very active cardiac unit
very welcoming
Primary Practice Professional Coder (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 4, 2018
great training
everyone is helpful and kind
supervisors are understanding
great pay
great benefits
great training
very clean place
lots of changes coming but for the better
Loved this place!
EMT / PATIENT TRANSPORT (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 1, 2018
Working for Catholic Medical Center was great! Nurses were hilarious and fun. If you love people, then working here is the perfect place for you. A lot of positive energy, fast paced but not stressful! Pay wasn't amazing and full-time options for non medical professionals are relatively scarce, but still worth the part time experience!
Its all good
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 30, 2018
While working as an intern in the IT department I had offers to work specific jobs, take on the role of a full time employee and they provided me with ridiculously good benefits for an intern. Honestly, I cant think of a single negative thing to say about working here. I had respect from my colleagues, opportunities to advance, and a challenging environment, with supportive management. I cant speak for other departments but the IT department was great.
Pros
great benefits and opportunities
good place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 19, 2018
CMC is overall a great company to work for. Work life balance can be difficult at times but achievable. Great benefits, good culture, good management, job security.
Pros
great benefits
Disrespectful Culture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 5, 2018
The management at CMC rarely has time for employees, being very slow to communicate, if doing so at all. It is expected that you will put your life on hold for them, of course. Not recommended.
Catholic Medical Center
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 4, 2018
A lovely, warm environment. I greatly enjoyed the staff that I worked along; great, hardworking, caring people. The cafeteria is updated and provides many options, and great salad bar! I moved on due to an RN career advancement at another hospital, however, I would recommend CMC to anyone.
A caring, attentive and empathic hospital
LNA (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 30, 2018
I never had an issue with my coworkers that communication could not fix. I always felt if I needed help i got it from whoever i asked. I know the 10 years I spent there my contribution to the warm smile and friendly work atmosphere had inspired others to open up to one another.
Pros
vacation time and benefits
Cons
poor pay raise guidelines, strenuous incentive bonuses and to many frequent policy changes
medical coder
Medical Coder I (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 22, 2018
Great job to gain experience. People are very nice and knowledgeable. Flexible work hours. My manager is very nice and knows what she is doing. Very low pay compared to other local hospitals.
Pros
flexible hours, great learning opportunities
Cons
pay
workplace culture
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 18, 2018
Catholic Medical Center has a good culture with open door policy and good management. everyone feels part of a team. Low pay, not competitive with other companies with same positions, and that is the really the only issue with working there. They treat all employees with same respect regardless of status or position.
Pros
People, management, close to home
Cons
low pay
Great place to work for someone looking for exposure to the hospital setting
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 28, 2018
Catholic Medical Center was a great start to my career in the medical field as it gave me exposure to what really goes on behind the scenes at a hospital.
Great Co-workers
Registered Nurse, (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 25, 2018
Flexible schedule and great place to learn new skills. Opportunity to change positions and move through the organization. Leadership is focused on the business plan and works collaboratively with staff.
enjoyed learning something new
Case management/DI specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 2, 2018
The first couple of years I really enjoyed my position at CMC. Then later Management in our department were disagreeing with each other which caused friction and an uneasy feeling with the staff. It became a difficult environment to work in.
Pros
salary/benefits
Cons
stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about