Catholic Social Services Employee Reviews

Unorganized Non-profit Company
Left blank (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2018
How can you run a non profit with the funds being donated, and the importance of the funds like it's a chaotic tornado. No one knows what they are doing apart from a few directors. We've been doing this a long time, and every day is as chaotic as the day before. I stay because we are trying to help our community. That is the only reason. If you are applying make sure HR is truthful about your salary.
Pros
Zero
Cons
No training, rude directors, HR who is sneeky and will lie about your salary, building is extremely old and mildewy
lots of growth
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2018
Would still be with them if I hadn't gone so far away for school. Worked with them for the summer and was able to help during my break, but found an apartment near my school and haven't gone back to the area since moving.
I enjoyed playing with them bowling. It was a new experience.
Assistant to the Dean (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IllinoisJuly 10, 2018
To get acquainted with the immigrants' diverse cultures and traditions. How to cope with these immigrants to prepare them for the new culture and new faces in a foreign country.
The envirnoment was a drawback as we were located in a basement office that smelled of mold.
Treatment/Specialized Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILJune 20, 2018
The staff were congenial, the supervisor temperamental, and the environment was negative. I enjoyed working with the families, but disagreed with the fact children were returned to homes where no changes was evident.
sales
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PA 19401June 11, 2018
i volunteered at catholic social services. assist in management of food inventory including stocking recycling and disposing of expired products and cleaned floors
Interesting innovative project for adolescent mothers
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRJune 9, 2018
The pilot project was innovative and it was a pleasure to coordinate and be part of a team of professionals that really make the difference in the lives of young women (adolescent mothers) and their children.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 15, 2018
Run away not a good place to work for this job is very stressful and can care less about who is working for them. working with the clients is goof but the staff from higher up forget about it.
Pros
Run away
Cons
Run away
Cared about the community it served
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 13, 2018
The position I had was stressful at times but manageable. The work proved to be rewarding in the beginning but becoming burnt out became an issue for me. Despite the fact that I was there for eight years the opportunity for advancement was limited. The agency overall was very caring and respectful of the clients. I had no problems representing the agency in the community and felt honored to have worked for the agency.
Pros
Caring, provided extensive services for the community
Cons
low salary
I enjoyed my employment and the whole team I greatly appreciated all I experienced
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 7, 2018
Cathloic Social Services gave me a wide range of skills and duties to enhance my knowledge in the addiction field. Helping mother's with substance abuse to rebuild their life and gain parenting skills, and prepare for reunification with their children.
Pros
All employees are team players
Cons
Turnover in company
Fairly nice place to work.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2018
I work only part time and I work at a distant office (not at the main office in Columbus). So, I think that my employment would have better opportunitites and be more positive if I was around other staff & co-workers. I am the only one employed by this company at my location.
Pros
Good pay, fun, not too hard
Cons
Can be very busy & stressful sometimes. Monthly reports
This was a great place to work.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAMarch 18, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at this agency. I learned a great deal. I had many unique and challenging opportunities. I had a supportive and guiding supervisor.
Stressful work environment with poor management
Family assisrance worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 17, 2018
Very poor management. Supervisor does not have a clue what is going on with workers or the cases they have. Lack of training pretty much thrown into the job. Expects a lot out of workers with little pay.
worthwhile organization
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 11, 2018
worthwhile community service in very diverse areas
collaborative environment with everyone pitching in
highly recommend employment but know that pay is moderate
Flexible schedule
FAMILY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIFebruary 5, 2018
A great place to work if you are looking for part or full-time employment. The pay was good, however, this was contractual work and benefits were not offered.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of benefits
Intership.
Brown Mackie College Externship (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2018
This was a good place to work at as an intern. I was helping refugees apply for jobs and learn English. I enjoyed meeting the refugees and helping them understand American life.
Lovely place to work
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Barrigada Heights, GUJanuary 29, 2018
I really enjoyed my work here when I was working. I don't know about how it is now but I enjoyed it. one thing I didn't like was though the employees that worked at the Catholic Social Service Homeless Shelters were stealing from the people that would send donations in for the clients not all but some and I will keep names at bay.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 16, 2018
Enjoyed serving the clients. Great benefits and vacation time. Wonderful staff to work with. The most enjoyable part was watching the clients get the help that they were seeking.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Great organization, committed to serving others
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 28, 2017
The staff and volunteers at Catholic Social Services were the best. They were dedicated, compassionate, and fun to work with. The workplace culture was supportive, much like being part of a family.
Pros
Good work/life balance, great people to work with, great pay, work that makes a difference in the lives of others
Cons
Limited room for advancement beyond the manager level.
Compassionate environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 11, 2017
Great Compassionate environment. It is a wonderful place that allows the CSS team to provide a wide array of services to the poorest members of our community.
Supportive Services for everyone's needs
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wellston, OHOctober 5, 2017
Helping others remain self sufficient as long as possible.

Need to leave job at the office because some cases break your heart.

Assisting the Elderly to stay in their own homes as long as they can.
Pros
Good training support
Cons
2 hour drive to main office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Social Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight