Catholic United Financial Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
a wonderful place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  MNMay 29, 2018
A great place to work, well paid for your production. Plan and implement your own work schedule. Practice your faith and help others at the same time.
Pros
defined benefit plan plus a 401k with a match
Great place to work!!!
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNApril 5, 2018
Great leadership, flexibility, and AWESOME culture!! Also, great benefits - including a Pension! Small company without big company politics. Did I mention free parking?!
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Excellent company to work for - great mission!
Director (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 4, 2018
Before I started at the company, I didn't have a great understanding of what type of company it was - I've since learned that a Fraternal Benefit Society is an insurance company that is not-for-profit.

It feels good to work for a company that is oriented around serving and supporting the members and their Catholic communities. The organization is truly focused on giving to the community. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing about how grants and fundraising dollars make an impact.

My days are never dull or boring and I sincerely enjoy my co-workers.
Pros
The benefits package is comprehensive and quite generous. The people are great!
Faith, Family and Catholic United
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 3, 2018
It has been a great place to work. I have had multiple jobs and multiple bosses and all have been good to work with. Working for our Members is the key to the company.
Benefits
Cons
Small company, can't do everything due to size.
GREAT Association to be a part of!
Director (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 2, 2018
This regional, fraternal Insurance Association is truly a blessing!

Faith based, non-profit that really does what it says in terms of "pay ahead" to do things for not only its members in a given community, but that entire area as a whole.

Senior management that really does "check their ego's at the door" each day; where listening and trying to constantly do the right thing for the member AND the association is a guiding principle; very people friendly that is warm and welcoming; expansive benefits offerings that include both company match on 401K PLUS a defined benefit pension program; 1/2 day Fridays year round; ever increasing and better technology.
Pros
work/family balance; caring culture; evolving to a learning organization
Cons
because its a small organization there are few promotion opportunities
Great place to work!
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 27, 2018
I enjoy the people, work and challenges at Catholic United. Your co-workers become like your family. Excellent benefits with lots of holidays and vacation days. It offers many opportunities to further your education and to keep certifications and designations up to date. Most enjoyable part of my job is getting to assist our members and be able to work in an environment where I can express my faith.
Pros
Friendly environment, Lots of Holidays, Non-Profit, Good Location
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Great workplace with good people
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 1, 2018
There is a genuine caring atmosphere, and good communication from management to all employees. Very generous benefits, flexible work hours in many departments and a considerate culture. There is a mission to this company which makes me feel good about working in this non-profit setting.
Pros
Good positive work environment, caring management
Cons
limited advancement depending on which department you are in
Great place to be at
Member Engagement Programs Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 26, 2017
Overall, this is a great place to work at. The culture is laid back and management is flexible. It is a smaller company, so you are limited in advancement.
Authoritarian leadership
Communications director (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 1, 2015
Leadership at this organization is very paternal and authoritarian. There are mandated work hours (start time and end time), even for salaried employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on behalf of member-owners of this non-profit organization. The hardest part of the job is the paternalistic, male-focused work environment.
Pros
Standard work hours - even for salaried employees
Cons
Standard work hours - even for salaried employees
caring team
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 26, 2014
good team to work with
family atmosphere
flexible schedule
worked at home
watch your back
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 24, 2012
Company claims no cold calling required; you will be doing ALOT of cold calling. Managers are mostly concerned with the latest promotion and/or trip to be qualified for. Way too much comparison of each sales rep to the other sales reps. Quotas are hard to achieve if you get a smaller territory with few active members
Pros
sales reps are great to work with
Cons
managers are clueless as is top management as to what is going on at the ground level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic United Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight