CAVA Employee Reviews

expect to work hard help each other , but having fun at the same time so it does not feel like work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 6, 2019
*Typical Day at CAVA is working hard to achieve and maintain our standards while having fun.

* CAVA taught me to believe in myself because they believed in me.

* The Managers were some of the best iv ever worked with. with a few exceptions like in all jobs..

* safe fun workplace with opportunities to excel grow. culture positive fair, Humble, honest.

* Hardest part of the job is really only when your down a person.

* The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with and the customers whom bring energy curiosity and excitement about dinning at CAVA..
Pros
free lunches, employee discounts, Benefits, 401K
Cons
none really lol
Lovely coworkers, not the best benefits
Prep, Cashier, Team member (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2019
Fast paste working environment, with collaborating coworkers. opportunities to learn beyond your role although not as enthusiastic when it comes to talking about a raise. The in-store management is decent, as far as corporate management there is a lack of professionalism.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay rate
Fast paced workplace, but stressful at times.
Grill Cook, Customer Service, Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 11, 2018
A typical day at CAVA required everyone to be on time so that we could open at exactly 10:30am. We needed a grill cook, a line cook, a manager and a cashier. The responsibilities were usually split pretty evenly, but at time people would leave things undone which forced you or another coworker to be late when leaving your shift. I learned how to cook different kinds of food, and how to prepare them asd well. The management started off very comfortable, but as time went by everyone was slowly getting screwed over which caused them to be stress. This affected morale in the work place, and caused issues between team members and managers. The environment was fast-casual.
Pros
1 free meal per shift so long as its value falls under $15, 50% off any additional food purchased and paid breaks.
Cons
Short breaks, depends on management.
fun and flexable
line (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 27, 2019
The job was great, they are understanding and flexible with hours if your a student or parent. customers are not that bad once in a blue moon you will get a customer who isn't having a good day. Management is 50/50 some are great and should be moved up others are lazy. Co-workers are always great and down to earth. overall good place, good food, good vibes.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no tips
amazing workplace
customer service (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 18, 2019
Amazing company to work for! Days are usually busy and extremely fast paced but worth it after you get to eat your free, delicious lunch!
The management is always making sure they fulfill your needs as much as they can, they really do try their best. My coworkers are all amazing, were like a little family. CAVA is truly an amazing company to work for, and there's never a day I don't want to go to work.
Pros
free lunch, amazing coworkers and management
Just like chipotle with more options/ Greek Mediterranean atmosphere
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 26, 2019
Good place to start off but not really worth the whole year if you like staying long. Overall it’s just a entry level job if you have school or other duties to uphold this could be a good back burner job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Shortage. New management. Cut hours.
Spotty Management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2018
Management carries titles, but not experience. Some departments are better than others, but its bureaucratic with unprofessional and under-qualified higher ups. The culture is deceptively clicky and their is often disconnect between executive staff and subordinates.

However, there is good experience learned from the company, but it continues to experience churn as it tries to figure out its corporate identity.
Pros
Free coffee, free cava
Cons
Shaky management in certain departments (Ops, Hr)
General Manager (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 10, 2019
Hard work but great company to work for.
Pay is very competitive
Teams are trained well
Good workplace culture
Very little customer complainants
Great food
Great Young Enviroment
Payroll Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 4, 2019
If you are a new college grad and you're looking for a great start with meaningfull job fulfillment, than CAVA is the place to work.

I had a great experience working there, everyone was professional and totally on-board with the vision of CAV.
Okay work place
Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
I give cava 3 stars it was an okay job and work place !
Just be on time and give it your best
Some people move up in the company
The food was great!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
1 30 minute break
not to bad of a job.
Supervisor/ NRO Trainer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 15, 2018
no job is easy but the company does try their hardest to make everything not so hard for when you first start.they are a starting up company in the west cost so their may be some things that can be changed but they are learning and really hear out the employees.
Bad vibes & unprofessional
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 28, 2018
I was not happy working, people took my hard work & dedication for granted. The managers don’t take any complaints into consideration. Certain supervisors would brake the rules but they would be quick to give other employees write- ups / points for the same thing they do themselves.
Fun workplace
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAJune 23, 2018
Everyday is worth the the pay. Easy , fun work environment. All employees work hard and work together. Managers are fair and easy to compromise with on hours.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
Very fair company to work for.
M.A/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIOctober 31, 2018
very fair company to work for. I was there lead M.A for two years. My job consisted of a lot of problem solving maintaining patient satisfaction. great environment to work in.
Competitive, fast-paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAOctober 6, 2018
I helped open a new store so the training process is fun. It's a lot of work but the starting wage compensates for that. There are plenty of opportunities to grow in the company.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYNovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working there at CAVA I learned a lot from them I learned to mix different meats and salads did different jobs and had a good crew to work with
Productive and fun environment to work in.
SPECIAL OPS TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJ 07652August 15, 2018
Typical day would consist of working with team members to ensure customers are served quickly, and efficiently. The culture is definitely family oriented.
Nice people, Understaffed and overworked.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAJanuary 27, 2018
Stressful environment when understaffed or consistently changing schedule. Managers are nice but can practice favoritism especially since the schedule changed every week. And they have strict rules on no overtime and worry constantly about labor costs.
Pros are that the pay is good for an entry level food job so it somewhat pays off. Sometimes get to take some extra food home so their is some leniency and management tries their best.
Biggest flaw in the company is how everyone seem scared of the district manager and their revenue, trying to be the next a healthier fast casual Chipotle.
Pros
Free meal for working 4+ hour shifts.
Cons
Work Environment
Poor Management
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 11, 2018
The Genera Manager was very rude and did not always follow company policy. Many people worked very hard there with little to no recognition or appreciation for their efforts. It was unclear what was expected from the line staff as well as the assistant managers. Overall, the food was good, but there was little incentive to move up in the company.
hard work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  MDApril 14, 2017
hours are terrible! they offer benefits but I never recieved any in my 3 years working for them only the 401k that I asked not to be enrolled in! I begged for more hours but was hardly ever given 20 hours a week! I miss my supervisors because they valued hardworking employees. Aside from that, store managers (not supervisors) were terrible and unprepared. You will get verbally abused.
Pros
free meal, paid sick leave
Cons
short breaks, no opportunities to grow in the company, picky rude customers, no hours, no benefits aside from paid sick leave