Cavallo Point Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Don’t get stuck
Server (Former Employee) –  Sausalito Point, CAMay 31, 2018
Poorly run restaurant. Everything is done out of fear not knowledge of how a restaurant works. They are so desperate for employees they will higher anyone! This brings down the quality of service and of staff. There is constant drama from the entire staff which is almost impossible to avoid.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, drama, very high turnover
BARTENDER-SERVER (Former Employee) –  Sausalito, CADecember 4, 2017
Great money made here. If you are focused about making money and having the best server and bartending co workers...than this is a good spot. If you can drown at the other noise and just focus on making money. You will enjoy.
Best Place to work ever
Director of Front Office (Former Employee) –  Sausalito, CASeptember 11, 2017
This place is one of the best places that I have worked at. Can be stressful at times, but with the right mindset and organizational skills, you have great employees and management. I can highly recommend to work here. No suit or ties but still a luxury resort at the SF Bay.
Pros
everything
maybe? maybe not?
Busser (Current Employee) –  Sausalito, CAJuly 20, 2015
Well theres a lot to say about this place. Its great and at the same time not so great. I would have to say the pay is really good, you get minimum wage but 5% tips and that brings up your check to a whole lot which is awesome. Management sucks a lot and its mostly because they are so unorganized and its so chaotic. Managers are really cool which is a good thing too. Its very fast paced on weekends and on holidays but during the week it gets very boring since its really slow. There is also a lot of drama between co-workers and i don't think thats appropriate for work just a lot of hate. some co-workers are nice though.
Pros
Free family meal and 50% discount when you want to come in with friends or family
Cons
30 mins break, sometimes no break on weekends or when busy, rude customers
Awesome job with great people
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sausalito, CAJune 25, 2013
I got to lead nature hikes, as well as history tours on property. I learned so much about the history of Cavallo Point and its surrounding areas. It was amazing working on such a historic piece of land.
This is a stimulating and fast-paced place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sausalito, CAFebruary 6, 2013
Cavallo Point it's a fun place to work and typical day of work for me was meetings in the mornings with sales and catering managers including Audio/Visual and planning and coordinating future events for excellent service and billing correctly in accordance to the contract agreement.

Back to my desk, I reviewed and responded email resolving any billing issues or questions regarding to contracts. I responded to customers via email or by phone and posted payments by credit card or checks.

Daily printed the A/R aging report and followed up with a phone call when necessary.

Management was good and I had no problems. I learned a lot about the hotel industry.

The co-workers are from all different cultures and they are good people, hard working, and I enjoyed working with all of them.

The hardest part of the job was obtaining flexibility with my schedule and translating bad news to some employees to help HR with terminations for some reason.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the different departments; Catering, Sales, Cooking School, Spa, The restaurant, Room service, Audio and Visual and with the front desk.
I interacted with all them to do my job the right way.

I always took pride of my job and the A/R aging report was never over 30 days past due!
Pros
discounts on massage, meals, and rooms
Cons
transportation no bus, and the areas of break for employees need improvement

Want to know more about Cavallo Point?

Ask a question