Cavender Auto Family Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work super people
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2018
Truly a wonderful, caring organization. Family friendly
great environment, pleasant and understanding, work-life balance
they care about their employees in every way
Great company
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Great family owned business, very friendly and innovative. Work life balance is important. Superior leadership team who cares. Competitive but comfortable environment.
Best dealership I’ve ever worked for
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2018
I’ve been in the car business for a while and this is hands down the best dealer I’ve ever worked in/for. Best pay plan in the nation, the desk managers and GM are awesome to be around, I love working in the Cavender Auto Family. Real great environment to work in, although it can be stressful at times but if you’re focused and willing to learn you can make money.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays
Super busy dealership
Automotive Detailer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2017
Great place to work if you like working till midnight on Fridays and Saturdays to make only $20.00 for the last four hours waiting for a car to sold to complete the wash and vac on it.
Nice place
Shuttle driver (Current Employee) –  BanderaOctober 4, 2017
Overall this is a nice place to work, but long days. Guys seem to get along pretty well and the management is very friendly. Customers are very easy to get along with
Pros
friendly service
Sales Consultant
Used Cars Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2017
Usually have to go in around 8:00am every morning to check emails, plan out days such as follow ups and appointments. Also to do any Toyota training and answer any incoming phone calls. Finally when the dealership opens, greet customers and answer any questions they have about any vehicle and ultimately help them decide on a vehicle.
Sales
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2017
Car sales is the same no matter where you go, you work a lot and do not mess around you will make money. Its very competitive and have to be sharp on your feet also think quick.
Pros
Free lunch on sat
Cons
micromanage
Horrible
Detailer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2017
The management at this dealership is beyond horrible, I have no idea how they keep the managers there. Most of them are military and they think it's ok to run their employees as if we are in the military as well.
Car sales.
SALES (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2016
A car lot can be a cruel and dispicable environment for all employees. It is not a freindly environment for women. My best advice is to choose another profession.
Pros
Competiton is fierce, i fyou can keep your sales you can keep your job, if.
Cons
Competiton is fierce and willing to do anything to get the sale.
good workplace bad managment
Porter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2016
overall the job was good but the management was horrible a lot of broken promises and favoritism that was going on there. The co workers are awesome to work with.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
managment, pay

Want to know more about Cavender Auto Family?

Ask a question
Good place to work for the most part
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 18, 2016
Worked for this company for 3.5 years. Working there in the beginning was great, compensation was great! Then 3 years later
they hired a new GM. He brought his own staff in and no more room for advancement. Even though the GM was a friendly. I knew he was going to change things to a different philosophy I had seen before.
Pros
Great product to sell
Cons
long hours and loss of wages
Productive work place and a great company to work for.
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 5, 2015
I enjoyed talking to people and be courteous to customers. I made it a point to get their cars when they were ready.

Management scheduled our appointments and we would get the closest first and the farthest last. They let us decide amongst the drivers who was taking the routes.

Co-- workers were friendly , we helped each other out with delivery and pic-ups.

The hardest part of the job was truing to pick up a number of people at very short notice.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when the customers were satisfied to get to their destinations at a timely manner.
Pros
Communicaton with the service advisor.
Cons
When the service advisor held the paper work too long, it created a late pick up.
Great for the Single life
Certified Toyota Auto Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2013
This company/industry is great for a young couple starting out. it got me my first house, i got married, and i had a baby all while working for this company. but the inconsistant paycheck began to wear down on my drive to stay in this industry.
Pros
great money is there if you work your butt off.
Cons
inconsistant pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cavender Auto Family. Our community is ready to answer.

Cavender Auto Family Reviews by Location