Caviar Employee Reviews

Terrible. Simply terrible.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 29, 2019
Where to begin? I'll use multiple key factors to break down my review.

1. Company Relations

PROS:
- Caviar (subsidiary to Square, Inc.) carries strong brand image
CONS:
- Emphasizes top-down communication, with ineffective ways to provide feedback
- Any feedback provided to Caviar treated with indifference; gives minimal effort to address concerns
- PROVIDES NO EVIDENCE when issuing violations to drivers; provides opportunity to defend against violations but rejects all compelling evidence against such violations

Let's say you've voiced your concerns, and your voice isn't being heard. What are your options? Arbitration allows you to mediate your concerns with a "neutral" arbitrator, but you have no legitimate legal recourse, largely because you are an independent contractor, and because you do not participate in "interstate commerce," you are not exempt from arbitration. You must abide by gradually restricting contract conditions until you've violated the conditions enough to terminate your contract.

2. Delivery Environment

PROS:
- Rare, high-value orders provide a sense of self-worth
CONS:
- Frequently consistent periods of inactivity DURING HIGH-VOLUME PERIODS provides a constant sense of worthlessness

As a delivery partner (courier), you deliver food. Now let's say your order ticket shows only a single hamburger, but the restaurant gives you five burgers. They say it's all for the customer, but you're only being paid for the single burger. You've confirmed with your sluggish live-support agent that the customer will receive exactly what's on
  more... the ticket – just one burger. You've now seemingly violated the conditions of your employment by doing exactly what the conditions of your employment have told you to do.

3. Customer Relations

PROS:
- Occasional genuine customers who tip accordingly (~30%)
CONS:
- Frequent customers who do not tip
- No way to update customers on the status of their orders

Customers appreciate when they know what's going on with the food they order. Caviar provides no way for drivers to inform customers when their orders are running late or if there are items that the restaurant cannot provide. Drivers are therefore unjustifiably forced to bear the irritation of customers. And if there are mistakes made to a customer's order, their only avenue of recourse is to contact Caviar customer support, which may be more useless than courier support.

4. Financial Gain

PROS: N/A
CONS:
- Vehicle wear and tear
- Fuel
- Increasingly minimized driver incentives

Caviar offers a weekly guarantee in some regions. On average, you could make less than, say $11 per order, throughout a week on your deliveries. Caviar will provide the remaining balance to reach that guaranteed average. However, Caviar may also issue a WEEKLY milestone bonus in your area, meaning if you deliver a certain number of orders per week, you'll receive a small sum of money, thus nullifying your guarantee. Caviar realized quickly that monthly milestones wouldn't coincide with weekly guarantees and issued a quick policy change, at the cost of their drivers' guaranteed pay.

You may also find that voicing concerns about such issues with Caviar will lead to a reduction in the quantity and quality of orders you increase, though the evidence to support this claim is based on over two years of anecdotal experience.

Decide for yourself. Or take my advice and spare your dignity and self-respect. Caviar is a shadow of its former self, run by psychopathic degenerates who only value their yearly bonuses.
No benefits
Courier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2019
Pretty decent job, just have to over work yourself for very little money ey. If you want a part time job that's just needed on the side. Caviar would be great.
Sometimes You Get Free Food When Customers Are Unavailable To Received They Food
Delivery Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2019
This Job Is The Worst Delivery Platform To Work For The Orders Are Dispatch Out From A Computer Not All The Time You Are Going To Consistent Orders The Money You Make Fluctuates To Much On A Daily Basis This Job Will Have You Stressed Out & Angry At Them Showing Favoritism Towards There Certain Couriers Who On The Same Platform You Work On I Repeat Do Not Download Caviar And Work For Them This Job Sucks It Will Have You Wasting Hours Out Your Day
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Not Enough Deliveries Dispatch Out To Couriers
Fun
Captin Of Fort Worth (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2019
Become a courier to deliver food to companies and customer home
Great company to work for to make easy money for bills, gas and food and go to school
Pros
Great tips
Cons
no required to tip
Caviar is only good for extra money.
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2019
I have worked for caviar for 5 years. If you have major bills to pay and need work, caviar is not the way for work. This gig is best for young people.
Easy money for the right person.
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2019
Most of my time was consumed by biking and interacting with different people. It is a very simple job and did not require much other than patience for miscommunications and the energy to ride a bike for so long.
Pros
Discounts in restaurants(sometimes free food)
Cons
Consistency with pay
This is a fun gig if you want a little excitement in your life
Courier for food on bike (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 8, 2019
I started working caviar because I was 18 at the moment not many places to go so caviar allowed me to “become my own boss”. I worked a full time job in the morning and in the afternoons i would turn caviar on. I liked caviar because of the exercise. Caviar allows you to use multiple transportation like a bike in my case. A typical day working in caviar was exciting riding through traffic in Down Town LA all the way to the city of echo park even down at the streets of Santa Monica. Of course there is the down side of working for caviar and that is investing “time” or even “money” on creating and managing your own business. Buying the right equipment can save you a lot of money. The bad part about caviar is that there really isn’t anybody to teach you or walk you through the process on becoming a great courier. On my first day of working for caviar I had to cancel 1 order and somebody really tried to steal my bicycle, but hey all part of the job right.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
No benefit
Good for P/T or F/T money
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 7, 2019
This is good for perm job for extra money on weekdays evening and weekends. but gotta keep intercepting orders from restaurant to final destination will get up to $25 per.hrs (8 hrs or more)
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Wear and tear of car, No Benefits, No overtime
Its all based on you. You are the boss.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2018
You can do this job full time or part time. You make the hours and you choose when to work. Caviar just simply provides you with the tools, its your choice to use them.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
theres down time with no orders some days of the week and certain hours of the day.
What you expect
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2018
Caviar is only good if you have no expensive bills to pay, if your student living with the parents this is a good option. you earn more money the harder you work. you can earn $1,000 per week or $200. its up to you how hard you wanna work.
food is heavy
Courier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2018
not bad when you don't have any other responsibilities, the only times you'll make money are lunch and after 5pm. its not fun living on the opposite schedule as everyone else, but it wasn't nearly as bad as when I worked at insomnia cookies
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
its a biking job
low payout
Courier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2018
I have been working with Caviar 7 months as a part-time. Their payout is very slow and very less tips from the customers. Their customer support was okay.
Dun waybro make money snd stay fit while learning the city
Courier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2018
I would recommend caviar to anyone who is self employed, employed part time or just looking for extra money. All the real cash is made whike driving for caviar.
Pros
Time management
Cons
Distance
Stressful and not really worth the trouble, but fair.
Courier Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2018
I needed a way to make money while looking for another job and I had a pretty nice bike that was begging to be used, so I signed up for Caviar and Post-mates and did those for a couple months. Both paid about the same per delivery plus tips, the only problem was finding deliveries in the first place-I'd go two hours and maybe get one. But when you had em coming in, then you'd earn well, but it all depended on how long you were willing to stay out and the kind of energy you're willing to sacrifice-especially on a bike.
Pros
extremely lenient hours
Cons
deceptive advertised payment, unresponsive website, no in person management you can speak to
Such a scam
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2018
There is so much down time to this app you wont even be making minimum wage. This is coming from someone who lives close to downtown Chicago. I asked tech support if I at least get paid hourly and they said they only pay per delivery. So, say you clock in and don't get an order for 30 minutes, then it takes 30 minutes to deliver that order. Congratulations! You've just made $4 + tip if the customer feels like it, which is rarely in this area. Such a scam. Only good thing I can say is that the app is very well done, but what's the point if workers are taken advantage of? No one is going to want to work for you. What then?
Pros
Make your own schedule, App
Cons
Wage
alot of traffic
Food Courier (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 12, 2018
theres a lot of traffic on the city. and your constantly dealing inconsiderate uber drivers. a lot of traffic enforcement in the city so watch out by sfmta.
competitive job
Delivery driver - Fast delivery of food you love (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 21, 2018
I used to do food deliveries riding my bike but the average of every order wasn't high enough so I used to make 15 an hour and it wasn't enough to pay my rent and bills, it was a little dangerous riding my bike outside but I had to do it. Caviar is a job that helped me some to pay my bills, it was job anyway.
Fast-paced and flexibility
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 14, 2018
Caviar is a great job recommended to those who want a bit of extra income, and you can choose your own hours! The Courier management is very helpful, any time you have a question or aren't sure about a delivery, they are always willing to have a live chat with you instantly. The environment is very friendly and there are never any problems between Couriers, workers, or customers.
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
No benefits
Cheater! Use poor people's hard work to collect money
Delivery Courier (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 7, 2018
Cheater, dishonest, using poor people's hard work to collect money.

They keep cutting off courier's pay, playing tricks on bonus, most pay only around $5 or $6 per delivery; total about $7 after adding bonus. There are still lots of deliveries only $3-$4 each.

I drove more than 15 hours today, my total earnings was only $110; everyone knew how to caculate the hourly pay on Caviar, only $7!

I have circumstances to pay bills, been obligated working on Caviar, but I do not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Own schedule.
Cons
They escaped all responsibilities they should pay for.
Fun productive
Packaging (Former Employee) –  North HollywoodAugust 27, 2018
Fun part time job. Slow pace at days but sometimes was fast pace. The hours varied on days. When packaging the caviar we had to be extra careful in not over loading the jar.