CBE Group Employee Review

High Stress Job with little payout
Bilingual Collector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAApril 2, 2014
High stress environment that had constantly changing 'rules'. A typical day had new rules to learn or a change of rules and maybe even twice a day changing of the same rule. Watching people get fired. Speaking to customers on the phone in order to try and collect debts, work out payment plans with consumers and taking payments. Some of management were educated, organised and nice, others liked to micromanage and caused high stress levels, others were very disorganised and displayed personal bias towards certain people and were counterproductive. Co-workers were a pleasure to work with. Nice Fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job was watching my own numbers so that I didn't get cheated out of pay or so that I could prove I met or exceeded goals. The company says they keep track but the systems error a lot and if you don't keep track yourself and bring the accounts CBE missed (or didn't credit you) to a managers attention. Also,it important to keep track of your numbers and accounts because you can lose your job by not meeting goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service and helping people resolve debts.
Pros
Collections experience, Customer service, I could use my bilingual skills
Cons
High stress work environment created by company not the actual job

Other CBE Group Employee Reviews

Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 16, 2018
CBE was a great company to work for I really enjoy working there and wish it never closed down its like a family oriented environment the managers where there when needed it was like a open door communication.
Fun People
COLLECTION REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAApril 19, 2018
I was a debt collector and really enjoyed dealing with the consumers. My co workers were awesome people everyone seemed to get along well everyone had fun most of the time. The worst part of the job was the management and supervisors.