CBIZ Employee Reviews

Very busy
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 6, 2018
Typical work day consisted of working with multiple banks for deposit information and payment posting. Balance accounts and work denial from insurance companies.
Good management, good benefits
Sales and Use Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJuly 26, 2018
Relaxed culture, flexible work schedule, good pay and benefits. Management for the branch was good, a good learning environment that also valued our input.
Pros
Pay, Benfits, Management
Cons
Small Branch
Great place for coders
Coding and Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 10, 2018
Regular workweek allowed for quality time with family. Co-workers were great! They encourage professional development and provide the opportunity to advance.
It was a productive and fun place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 6, 2018
It was a good place to work, the people were friendly and easy to talk to work with. The company provided all the necessary equipment and training that was required to do the job the supervisors for the most part were fair and just in their decisions about the duties paperwork that was formed by the technician overall it was a great place to work
Cons
Healthcare was provided, lunches at your own expense.
Overall positive experience
Senior Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 26, 2018
I was hired without knowing anyone at the company. The HR department was fantastic to deal with. I had five interviews for the job and was offered the position. My work was generally appreciated and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Productive work
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 11, 2018
CBIZ is overall a good place to work and grow, but there is not much opportunity for advancement. I am grate for the experience and what I have learned thus far the time I have been with the company.
Pros
flexibe
Cons
healthcare
Decent pay, great benefits, Easy work (for me),very nice customers
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 3, 2018
Service Edward Jones Financial service branches in New England/NY

Work from home.... I was the sole employee in CT...
Never met my managers in St Louis. All communication by phone or text

No real opportunity for advancement, unless willing to move to headquarters in St Louis

Shipping/Receiving via UPS

Very rarely saw, or spoke to other Field Service Techs
Spoke extensively with Technical support in St Louis

All contacts with Edward Jones employees pleasant.. Nice people

Most difficult part:
Initially, I was assigned to very little of CT, (my home state) but covered all of RI, Western MA, Southeastern MA... Too much travel..
The travel issue was resolved by my suggestion to move a vacant
FST position from CT, to MA, and reassigning EJ Branches. I acquired all of Connecticut, and branches close by in upstate NY
I was assigned 20% more than previous, but the workload was not a problem, since there was far less travel involved

Best part was being permitted/required to work solo. Involved great
trust by the company. Also liked being paid salary. Infrequently worked more than an 8 hour day, including travel. Many days there
was little or no work.... got paid to stay home and be available.

Planned to work there until retirement at 70, but forced to leave after a non-work related injury

(NOTE: My extensive primary career was in Broadcasting, not field service. Therefor my last job is NOT as pertinent to the job I am applying for)
Pros
Fairly easy work for my skillset. Fabulous benefits
Cons
Initially, excessive drive time.
Productive, but quiet and focused.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 31, 2018
A typical day at work was sitting at a cubicle working through Excel and emailing back and forth to collaborate with others. I learned how to navigate excel much better than I had before as well as a few tips and tricks to use as shortcuts. The culture is friendly but not during the day, it isn't too common to be talking with others as friends during the day. The hardest part of the job was sitting in the silence, the most enjoyable part of the job was that they provided everything you needed to do your absolute best work.
Pros
Good timne for lunch, very producticve
Cons
Very quiet and reserved.
Professional and comfortable environment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 31, 2018
CBIZ gave me the opportunity to work with multiple disciplines within the company. Which allowed me to learn more about the additional product and services they offered
Great Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 8, 2018
Great company to work for. Great benefits. Great work life balance. Good pay for the amount of work you do. No reason to complain. Only left because there wasn't room to move up.
Lost in the wilderness
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 2, 2018
Management team, HR, and others at the home office look for reasons to nitpick field technicians. Management was good at micro-management from afar and phone support (which is required to close a majority of all tickets) have waiting times up to 45 minutes or longer during peak times. I was ready to quit at many times but one Friday I received a call @ 9:15 from HR saying that she would be at my home in 15 minutes to "talk." She immediately said "we are severing our relationship" and asked for all the equipment back.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good
Cons
Regional Management teams can micro-manage their workers
Salaried and worked too many hours in my opinion.
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 23, 2018
I learned a lot and was a great place to start my career. The culture there was too corporate and too money driven for me. Work life balance wasn't always the best. Not the best for family life in my opinion.
too much
Tax and Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2018
Like most accounting firms they have to deal with busy season. They overwork their interns to a point they cannot take any classes on top of it and most programs do not allow for a semester break.
I will always appreciate the opportunity
Admin (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHApril 13, 2018
Unfortunately there has been a shift in focus and high turnover. The people that do work there are great! I learned a lot here and they do send you for the training or credentials that you want or need to do your job better.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Inconsistent
Accountant's beware
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2018
The business model of this firm is to acquire small accounting firms and merge them together without consideration of culture or logistics. I stayed two years, long enough to both be the most senior individual in the tax department and long enough to endure two failed mergers. I wouldn't ever consider working here and if you value your career and reputation stay away
Pros
None.
Cons
Literally everything you can think of from a garbage firm
Poor hours, pay, training and management. Decent benefits.
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2018
Typical day: Sit at your desk, catch up on emails, email clients for the millionth time hoping they finally send you the information you need. Track every minute of work because billable hours are everything to management. Work overtime. Work alone. Get in trouble sometimes for getting caught talking to people too often. Go home late at night and repeat.

I did learn a lot with several programs such as Quickbooks, Caseware, and Excel. I got a lot more experience with bookkeeping for small companies, which was nice.

Management: Only care about billable hours. Training is nearly non-existent. You'll get most of your CPE hours offered by the company for free, but the company picks the CPE courses and they're rarely useful to improving yourself. They like to tell you what you did wrong, but they'll rarely recognize anything you did well or take steps to help you improve. Also, every manager has their own preferences so you have to keep track of how each of them wants things done. Very little standardizing across managers or clients.

Culture: Work work work. You can talk a little but you better be working 99% of the time.

Hardest part: Hours and Pay. During tax season, you'll be working 80% more hours than the average Senior Accountant in the private sector, but paid significantly less.
Pros
Free dinners during Tax Season. Decent healthcare plan.
Cons
Hours, Pay, Training, Management
NEW ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 20, 2018
There is a lack of leadership who has knowledge of what needs to be done. Its about selling services instead of taking care of your employees. The front line employees are not setup for success.
Very helpful experience
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 11, 2018
This job really helped with getting experience during busy season at an accounting firm and furthered my knowledge in overall accounting which will help me in the future.
not recommended
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 11, 2018
wouldn't recommend working there. no real room for advancement.
no real company support, unless you work in the home office in Missouri. Minor mistakes get blown WAY out of proportion
Fantastic Company to work for great people and benefits.
Senior Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 1, 2018
Great company to work for, as an IT service technician there is a LOT of travel required. Flexible daily schedule is a pro and a con as you do not know if you are going to be busy daily.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Great Management
Cons
Not the greatest health plan, lots of travelling required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBIZ. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight