CBIZ Employee Reviews

needs improvement in communications
Vice President of Operations (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Due to acquisition, poor leadership and no direction.
No advancement.

Benefits were very good. Workplace culture is relaxed as is the dress code.

Need to make employees more accountable.
n/a
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 28, 2018
CBIZ is an okay place to work with decent benefits - pretty laid back and relaxed. pay is so so along with PTO - could be better . Not as much opportunities exist as they should.
Great Company
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHSeptember 24, 2018
Great Company to work for! Really good life work balance! Fun group of people and modern culture. Always supplying food and helping staff progress their career.
Productive/fun workplace and culture with good upwards mobility and career development.
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 24, 2018
CBIZ is a great work environment with great people working there (all staff & supervisors). CBIZ is an excellent company that values personal & work life balance. The company provides those looking to grow their careers technically & professionally, the opportunities & responsibilities to do so. You will have the ability to learn and work on as little or as many tax returns & concepts as you desire - ranging from pass-through entities, non-profits, C-corporations, trust accounting, employee benefit plans, etc.
Just a Number
Tax (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 19, 2018
This firm will use you for what they need and turn you over. No focus on long term outlook, consistently sticking band aids on bullet wounds to the detriment of their employees.
Cons
No voice, no compassion, no loyalty
standard CPA firm
Tax Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 4, 2018
This is a compliance based firm (on the tax side). Everything is deadline driven. Long hours are expected February - April and July - October. Billable hours are stressed constantly. Training is limited at the office level, although seniors and staff attend an annual training as they progress. Very little firm training offered to managers and above.
Pros
free dinners during busy season
Cons
hours, hours, hours
Good work Conditions
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, TXAugust 26, 2018
Worked Service Calls. Was able to Set my own ETA's.
This worked well till 2017 when nepotism enter the picture. When an install tech died an upper management got his son-in-law hired for the position.
I started having issues with his work, Incomplete, wrong, or sloppy. All of these I have to correct as these were my assigned locations.
I made it known to my manager that if this continued I was going to file a formal complaint. Two days later I was terminated.
Very busy
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 6, 2018
Typical work day consisted of working with multiple banks for deposit information and payment posting. Balance accounts and work denial from insurance companies.
Flexible work enviroment / Remote from home
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE / ACCOUNT BENEFIT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 30, 2018
I'm not happy with the work load I'm responsible. The manager in my department does not designate groups evenly based on number of groups managed, size and renewal dates. I feel if this were divided up better it would make things work better for all.
Pros
Free Cokes, Coffee and Water
Cons
Overworked
Good management, good benefits
Sales and Use Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJuly 26, 2018
Relaxed culture, flexible work schedule, good pay and benefits. Management for the branch was good, a good learning environment that also valued our input.
Pros
Pay, Benfits, Management
Cons
Small Branch
Great place for coders
Coding and Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 10, 2018
Regular workweek allowed for quality time with family. Co-workers were great! They encourage professional development and provide the opportunity to advance.
It was a productive and fun place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 6, 2018
It was a good place to work, the people were friendly and easy to talk to work with. The company provided all the necessary equipment and training that was required to do the job the supervisors for the most part were fair and just in their decisions about the duties paperwork that was formed by the technician overall it was a great place to work
Cons
Healthcare was provided, lunches at your own expense.
Overall positive experience
Senior Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 26, 2018
I was hired without knowing anyone at the company. The HR department was fantastic to deal with. I had five interviews for the job and was offered the position. My work was generally appreciated and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Productive work
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 11, 2018
CBIZ is overall a good place to work and grow, but there is not much opportunity for advancement. I am grate for the experience and what I have learned thus far the time I have been with the company.
Pros
flexibe
Cons
healthcare
Decent pay, great benefits, Easy work (for me),very nice customers
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 3, 2018
Service Edward Jones Financial service branches in New England/NY

Work from home.... I was the sole employee in CT...
Never met my managers in St Louis. All communication by phone or text

No real opportunity for advancement, unless willing to move to headquarters in St Louis

Shipping/Receiving via UPS

Very rarely saw, or spoke to other Field Service Techs
Spoke extensively with Technical support in St Louis

All contacts with Edward Jones employees pleasant.. Nice people

Most difficult part:
Initially, I was assigned to very little of CT, (my home state) but covered all of RI, Western MA, Southeastern MA... Too much travel..
The travel issue was resolved by my suggestion to move a vacant
FST position from CT, to MA, and reassigning EJ Branches. I acquired all of Connecticut, and branches close by in upstate NY
I was assigned 20% more than previous, but the workload was not a problem, since there was far less travel involved

Best part was being permitted/required to work solo. Involved great
trust by the company. Also liked being paid salary. Infrequently worked more than an 8 hour day, including travel. Many days there
was little or no work.... got paid to stay home and be available.

Planned to work there until retirement at 70, but forced to leave after a non-work related injury

(NOTE: My extensive primary career was in Broadcasting, not field service. Therefor my last job is NOT as pertinent to the job I am applying for)
Pros
Fairly easy work for my skillset. Fabulous benefits
Cons
Initially, excessive drive time.
Productive, but quiet and focused.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 31, 2018
A typical day at work was sitting at a cubicle working through Excel and emailing back and forth to collaborate with others. I learned how to navigate excel much better than I had before as well as a few tips and tricks to use as shortcuts. The culture is friendly but not during the day, it isn't too common to be talking with others as friends during the day. The hardest part of the job was sitting in the silence, the most enjoyable part of the job was that they provided everything you needed to do your absolute best work.
Pros
Good timne for lunch, very producticve
Cons
Very quiet and reserved.
Professional and comfortable environment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 31, 2018
CBIZ gave me the opportunity to work with multiple disciplines within the company. Which allowed me to learn more about the additional product and services they offered
Great Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 8, 2018
Great company to work for. Great benefits. Great work life balance. Good pay for the amount of work you do. No reason to complain. Only left because there wasn't room to move up.
Lost in the wilderness
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 2, 2018
Management team, HR, and others at the home office look for reasons to nitpick field technicians. Management was good at micro-management from afar and phone support (which is required to close a majority of all tickets) have waiting times up to 45 minutes or longer during peak times. I was ready to quit at many times but one Friday I received a call @ 9:15 from HR saying that she would be at my home in 15 minutes to "talk." She immediately said "we are severing our relationship" and asked for all the equipment back.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good
Cons
Regional Management teams can micro-manage their workers
Salaried and worked too many hours in my opinion.
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 23, 2018
I learned a lot and was a great place to start my career. The culture there was too corporate and too money driven for me. Work life balance wasn't always the best. Not the best for family life in my opinion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBIZ. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight