CBRE Employee Reviews

Found 1,671 reviews matching the search See all 2,374 reviews
Featured review
CBRE selected this as a representative review
Great Company to work for!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 31, 2018
Awesome culture to work for! Training is world class! People and support are top notch! Lot's of room for advancement. Great benefits I should have never left!!
Pros
Great culture and training
Cons
no stock sharing
Excellent in all regards
Senior Real Estate EVP (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 15, 2019
functioned basically on my owen. had very little supervision as I was sent into companies to address major real estate issues. I'm a problem solver at high levels.
Micro Managed
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2019
Its a pretty cool place to work at but the manager is very unprofessional and micro manages everything you do. You have to ask to go to the bathroom. If you pick up your cell to even see what time it is, she'll almost scream at you to put your phone away. I hate working here only because of management.
Pros
Everyone works from home on weekends
Cons
Micro managed.
Overall a decent place to work
Lead Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA 02453February 14, 2019
Never know what a typical day consists of as there were so many things that could happen.
Based on what I learned while working there was how to deal with contractors, along with setting my presidence for the day. Management was pretty easy to deal with, and pretty much left me alone, as I knew my job well and how to deal with any ongoing issues.
The culture was a good one and I worked well with both tenants and management.
At times the hardest part of the job was dealing with tenants on how they would like things, but I was only the middle man and could only do so much, but I did enjoy the tenants and had a very good repore with them.
Pros
Tenants, salary.
Fast-paced, customer focused, highly professional
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2019
- Typical day -
60% meetings, 40% focused work; high degree of autonomy

- Learning -
Frequent training opportunities and resources for self-paced learning

- Management -
Strong leadership, well-aligned with company values

- Culture -
Collaborative, company invests in employees

- Hardest part -
Gaining new client business; fierce industry competition

- Enjoyable part -
Positive feedback received from satisfied clients
Pros
Many employees are able to work remotely
Cons
Highly competitive industry
Great hours and great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXFebruary 12, 2019
I have learned a lot working for CBRE, I was given the role of taking care of all Collocators, accessing all requests as they come in and making sure they all have what they need to gain entry into buildings across the US. I have learned to deal with people in a professional manner.
Pros
hours are great!
Cons
healthcare
Call center setting with open seating
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 11, 2019
You go to get your laptop out of your locker and find an open workstation. There are enough tools and technology for you to learn. Management will favor their own people. CBRE will create a new title instead of promoting you. Cold and isolated work atmosphere. The sales agent are treated different than support staff. The hardest part of the job is getting bids as vendors knows you're required to get 3 bids so they do not respond to your request. The most enjoyable part of the job is vendor will entertain you to get new business.
Pros
corporate environment
Cons
8-5 schedule with no accommodation for work life balance
Fantastic Company
Senior Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2019
Being the largest Real Estate company in the world, CBRE has continued to expand and change to adapt to the market. Executive management had clearly defined goals.
Poor Management
Broker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 10, 2019
Overall lack of support from management to staff. Poorly managed office environment that leaves room for staff being over worked and taken advantage of by producers and brokers.
Team Environment as well as independent
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILFebruary 7, 2019
A typical day at work was fast paced, reactive and challenging.

Building Maintenance and the importance of communication and unity amongst the team members to successfully complete the work order tasks of the day.

Management maintained an open door policy.

The workplace culture is built on the core of RISE values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence.

The hardest part of the the job is managing time wisely.

The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully completing tasks and moving on to the next.

Would not recommend.
Associate Real Estate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 6, 2019
Cliquey and disorganized work environment.

Sounded good on paper and I looked forward to working for CBRE. However, this was not the case, and I quit after a few months.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Work culture
Pleasant mix of contract workers & company employees
Leasing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 6, 2019
Contact with people globally for the various properties. Managing different type of properties (ie Auto dealerships). Involved with Six Sigma which was big at that time, as a method for problem solving in the most productive manner. Good place to work.
Pros
Same days off as employer per their union contract
Cons
No guarantee that contract would be extended
Terrible place to work
Senior Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2019
I have worked at 4 different accounts during 12 years with the company. The first 2 accounts were good but after Hurricane Ike, the company changed the insurance costs out of pocket to more than triple of what it had been and the benefits went down hill after that.

The last account was terrible, not enough tools, incorrect PPE for jobs (no half masks when using paint thinner, just dust mask), they didn't even supply pens to write with.

CBRE use to be a great company to work for, not any longer.
Cons
Expensive health insurance
Very Good Job
Asst. Maintenance tech (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2019
A very good company with very supportive management team. Great benefits and career oriented. They treat each other like family and have multiple opportunities to advance and learn other positions through trainings.
Great place to learn bldg maintenance
Building Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 28, 2019
Was a fun place to work,had to pull teeth to get help. Expected you to shut home life off while at work. Could not leave if emergency happen at home. Had to give weeks notice if needed off for doctor or 2 weeks for vacation.
Pros
Drive company vehicle home
Cons
Health care expensive. Low % raises
A very good company to work for.
Commercial Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2019
A typical day consisted of project scope review daily, email monitoring, meeting regarding projects, job site visits to review project status. Financial record keeping, project schedule updating, invoice approvals, project scheduling meetings.
Outstanding Culture!
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2019
I've worked for CBRE for over 10 years and enjoy the culture! Work life balance is at the forefront of management. I've been able to grow and be challenged while at CBRE!
great place
Real Estate Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 24, 2019
the work environment was great. is a little hectic. working extra hours to get the job done. the employees are great working with. pay is a little on the downside.
Best Team work
PeopleSoft HCM SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Highly organizational and collaborative. Products are delivered on time. 95 percent of issues are resolved on or before the SLA time. Any new contribution is well recognized and rewarded.
Fun Environment
Business Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 24, 2019
CBRE is a very good company to work for. They were extremely good and flexible for my family life. The hourly wage for my skillset could have been a little higher in my opinion but overall, I have no complaints.
CBRE Great Company To Work For
Senior Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2019
CBRE is one of the best companies I have the privilege of working for in the last twenty-two years. Their R.I.S.E values are exceptional and they treat all employees equally and with respect. Communications are exceptional through out all levels of the corporation as well.
Pros
Cons
No down side to the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CBRE.

Powered by Comparably