CBRE
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from CBRE:

CBRE Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA27 reviews
Fun place to work, everybody I have ever met has been very kind and easy going. I would reccomend this company to anybody looking for a new and exciting career.
It's a good company, but maybe I just haven't experienced the best team or department yet. As of late it's just a job and I feel boxed in. Possibly because I don't have true mentor-ship.
CBRE is a good company overall to work for, but management needs to improve on standing up for CBRE New Employee's. Management tends to be more supportive of their customer and of the other vendor's onsite. I brought an issue to the attention of my manager concerning the discriminator actions directed towards me from the newly hired supervisor. The supervisor then began to create issues with my work performance. Then retaliated against me by writing me up causing my Termination. I enjoyed working for CBRE as part of their team and performing the requirements of my position. I was disappointed and shocked it came to an abrupt end so soon considering the time and energy I put forth creating structure for my work! Now I see why CBRE has a high turnover with new employee's for we're made to feel second class and not important as their long time employee's. No Support unless you're a Temp!
Property management is never easy, but this has been good role to gain experience. Each office location is different; the one I work at is pretty much busy all day, management is great and understands that we have lives other than work.
Do your research on departments before you accept an offer. Micro management at its finest and lack of respect for workers across the board. Little to no job security.
Pros
Cons
Listed in detail.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I learned alot while working for CBRE and would've stayed if management was better. Despite my colleagues and I trying to do our best, it appeared management tried to make our lives miserable, due to the micro-management, and condescending tones.
This is the perfect work and job culture for Post Grad and Entry Level civilians.

This is a great stepping stone into commercial real estate. If you're on a great team you could possibly build a career here.

Nepotism in the DC,VA,MD offices is CBRE's shinning glory.

Those who have been in the workforce and are mid to senior level, would not appreciate the absence of job advancement or the lack of salary to match your previous experience.
Service engineers usually have SOP's, work guidelines, etc but those have not been provided for our site. During the hiring process it was stated they had all this plus training from the vendors to service their equipment. I haven't seen anything of this nature.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor support
A typical day at work check operation of. Check cooling towers,and pumps record open and closed on Boilers,Check for
Leaks on heat pumps check perimeter
Pros
Bring your on lunch
CBRE is a good company to work for. The Project Management team are a great group of people and are always willing to provide any information to complete the job.
It totally depends on your role and team but I really loved CBRE. The team was hardworking and ambitious. It was fun to celebrate successes together. I learned a lot. Only con is low pay, no bonuses for salaried employees. They also work you long if you're salaried (no overtime laws).
Pros
Healthcare, friendly atmosphere, competitive
Cons
Pay is low, days can be long
Great Company to work for. They always go to bat for their employees and encourage independence. No micro managing. The benefits are excellent and because its a global company there is plenty of room for advancement.
Worked with a great team and we worked well together, operating as a single unit to meet and exceed the requirements of the client; however, environment began to change under new leadership and opinions and recommendations of team were no longer considered valuable. New senior management refused to consider recommendations to meet needs of client unless proposed by senior management, rather than history and engagement of support staff with client.
On the staff side, there is little opportunity for advancement or salary increase. You really need to be a broker and get your real estate license in order to make any money. Workplace culture was really great and people were awesome, but there was always a lot of work to be done and often times it was last-minute deadlines.
I worked at CBRE for over a year and there was no forward movement for employees unless you were a broker.

Pay is terrible and deadlines are impossible.
Worked in a satellite facility as a contractor. Good support from my supervisor (in another state) and administration. Focus on getting the work done ... not much BS. I was able to set my hours and work as the job required. Sadly the client decided to close the facility and the job is going away. I was hoping to be able to stay here for a L O N G time.
Pros
supportive management, good pay, good benefits
Cons
not much vacation time
This was my 4th time working with CBRE (twice in Columbia, SC and twice in McLean, VA). Every time I have felt like part of a family. Everyone always pitches it to get the job done for the clients. There is tremendous growth potential and opportunities for learning new skills or for improvement. The firm is very open-minded to know the employee's thoughts on what they like to do, or feel they want to try. I recommend them to anyone considering applying.
Pros
Family atmospher; can do attitudes; clients first
Cons
At CBRE I learned a lot, not just about being tenant rep but also about federal government contractors and how they functioned. Being part of a team was a great learning experience where with each new deal I played a different role.
Pros
Hugh learning potential
Cons
Day to day tasks included surveying local buildings and creating stacking plans, cold-calling, gathering lease expiration dates, etc. Friendly work environment made the job much more manageable. And the level of talent and experience in the office is unmatched.
Pros
Gym access in building, freedom to leave office to survey buildings, free parking
Cons
Tasks were limited due to being an intern
I really enjoyed working with a very supportive team. the overall experience was very positive,
the Chief Engineer was a very humble, hands on and helpful. also very technically inclined. always wailing to jump in and help the team when needed.
Working with CBRE company, I always have supports from manager or higher levels to get the job done in a given time. worked with professional manner. Earned more experience to deal with different customers or tenants
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CBRE.