CBRE

CBRE Employee Reviews

United States2,653 reviews

Found 2,653 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,953 reviews

Enjoyable work place

Fun place to work, everybody I have ever met has been very kind and easy going. I would reccomend this company to anybody looking for a new and exciting career.

Horrible account

The worst company I’ve ever worked at. Their all about numbers not quality and definitely not safety, the say they are but that let way to much go.To much management, middle managers offer no experience and could care less about your safety. They allowed techs to work on electrical and HVAC with no knowledge of what they were doing.

CBRE insights

Based on 1,415 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Room for growth

At CBRE we are consistently growing as a company creating a lot of opportunities to take your career to the level you desire. The access to learning and safety content is very extensive and useful.

It all depends on the acount but very safety conscious.

It all depends on which acount you work for they all have quirks. The company bends over backwards to keep you safe. Not a bad gig. Having a company vehicle is a nice perk.

Laid back environment

Decent company, lots of opportunities for advancement and furthering your education. Pay is good but benefits aren't the best. All in all it's a decent company!

Okay work environment but overworked

The environment is good but we are understaffed. It’s been very difficult to retain employees. The turn around rate is very high. It’s almost guaranteed you will work a minimum of 2 weekends a month on top of being on call every other week. The work/home life balance doesn’t really exist. The people are nice, but there is a lot of paperwork and red tape just to get basic things repaired.

Poorly managed

The management their has no idea what they are doing and care less about the employees. The morale has dropped significantly since new management took over. It's just a numbers game and they do not care about the employees. If you enjoy working 12 hours with little to no training, then this is the place to be.

working at CBRE

management is backstabbing and only out for their benefit was told one thing and they would do the completely wrong thing did not care about family unless you were related WOULD STRONGLY NOT SUGGEST WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY!

Pros

good workers

Cons

no raises

I would say this is an overall good place to work. Pay is okay, but the benefits are great! Not very exciting working in my opinion but it is very consistent. A lot of room to grow and advance. With that being said sometime it does seems like there is a revolving door of leadership because of how often people are promoted.

Company is concerned with training and providing quality services

My supervisor was supportive and aloud me space to complete my work with minimal assistance. The customer is top priority however employees are still kept aware of all issues and communication is current. Good company no complaints.

Great company to work for!

CBRE is a great company to work for, they have wonderful compensation and benefits and they do care about their employees. CBRE is a very large corporation with many different departments.

Pros

Great compensation and benefits.

Cons

They are very "woke."

A good company to work for

The company was always fair and honest with me. I enjoyed the experience. I gained skills and earned a good paycheck.

Independence with team support.

Each Client account is slightly different, but CBRE consistency of Safety First is across the board. Video lessons are passed off as training, but they do have actual certification for forklift,MEWP, Fall Protection, Electrical Arc Flash, etc.

Pros

Company truck for Techs

Cons

Healthcare Is very expensive.

Rules do not apply to everyone.

Very disappointing experience. I was lied to and treated differently than others in the same role by management. The job duties were enjoyable and fulfilling. The team of CSCs I worked with were a really amazing group of people that I am glad I had the opportunity to work with. But the very toxic treatment from Brokers and management was exactly what I didn’t want.

The stupidity of upper management

Cbre lost the account because of upper management. Nobody cares. Disconnect between company and customer then they blamed the boots on the ground for their lack of management.

Pros

Can’t remember any

Cons

It was good until it wasn't.

It was all about saving the company money, they didn't really care about the employees,management was sneaky, misleading, not forthright, at the end of the day business as usual.

Disorganized management but good environment

Love the job but management and pay needed work. It was stressful due to disorganized management but my co workers were great. I would go back if management changed.

Productive, professional, supportive and rewarding place to work

Working at CBRE for me, was a wonderful experience. It was nice to work as part of a team in a dynamic environment. Working with my fellow colleagues was a most rewarding experience as we all grew professionally. There are a large number of systems and resources available to aid in solving problems and the efficient performance of duties.

decent job - inflexible workplace

Your experience hinges on what team you're placed on. Work is pretty easy and straightforward. People are decent.Some teams have heavier call volume with more detailed work while others frequently get sent home early. Before the company(facilitysource) was acquired by CBRE, the teams with more complex work would receive a pay differential. Not anymore. Equal pay for unequal work.Don't get sick or have an injury. You will be looked at differently for missing a lot of work and your time may not be excused even with a doctor's note. Frequent and complex SOPs can be streamlined, but the company structure is very bureaucratic. Not for people who strive to think out of the box. If you are a who is exacting and don't mind having varying scheduled break times and lunches due to shifts in call volume(breaks are scheduled by a computer and sometimes you would not get a break for three hours of taking nonstop calls; your times away from your desk are tracked) I would recommend this place for a stable job.

Pros

work is straightforward

Cons

low pay, inconsistency across the board

Summary is CBRE does not pay their employees and livable wage.

Each quarter we hear how amazing CBRE is doing and the employees are very poorly paid. I'm a single person and I have to work 2 jobs trying to pay my bills. Meanwhile, rent, gas, food and everything else is going up in price. I don't know how the higher ups in the company can feel good about themselves.

Great company if you want to feel like a number

Company is all about growing bigger and satisfying its investors - not investing it it's employees. You must know someone in the right place to get promoted.

Common questions about CBRE

Answered by current and former employees at CBRE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

42%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

36%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss