CBRE Employee Reviews

Found 1,606 reviews matching the search See all 2,273 reviews
Featured review
CBRE selected this as a representative review
Great Company to work for!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 31, 2018
Awesome culture to work for! Training is world class! People and support are top notch! Lot's of room for advancement. Great benefits I should have never left!!
Pros
Great culture and training
Cons
no stock sharing
Fun, smart people
Contractor Interim Sr PM Mgr (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 7, 2018
The culture is hiring smart, fun people and giving them a career path. You work hard but are rewarded by your peers. There have been lots of opportunities for growth during the years at CBRE.
Pros
Good growth opportunities
Cons
Need to retain employees better and have a bench strength to insure clients are served well.
Worst Design Job I Ever Had
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 7, 2018
Nepotism and incompetent leadership/management killed my experience the last year I worked at CBRE. Our manager had no prior experience managing creatives and was more used to being one of the team than running a team. Her boss was teaching her on-the-fly to minimize her leadership weaknesses but wasn't open nor interested in benefitting the team morale due to lack of design leadership.

I was considered innovative in an industry that was notoriously slow to adopt technology for the benefit of work processes. In the interest of saving money, they constantly pick the wrong tools that no one liked nor wanted to use, yet they paid for them anyway and discontinued them when it was evident no one was using the technology.
Pros
Company culture was organized and active
Cons
Behind the times technology-wise, wastes money buying out other companies' technology, Marketing is ignorant of design as a business imperative, Management was out-of-touch and didn't care much about quality of work beyond the surface, No design leadership, Makes designers compete with each other instead of work together.
Watch your back
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2018
Management ignores direct issues and is selective in which issues to pursue. Some wrong-doing enployees are not dealt with and are allowed to continue working dispite numerous complaints. Another employee was injured by company negligence and was impaired by injury. CBRE waited till bogus complaint against injured employee to use as an excuse to terminate permanently impaired employee. Negligence on CBRE swepted under the rug.
Pros
Steady paycheck. Benefits
Cons
Bad management on all levels.
Productive place to work
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2018
Great insurance benefits, training was available, safety for employees is important, there was an intranet site that let you know about the company's policy's and proceedures.
Big enough lunch room
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Century City, CADecember 4, 2018
Since I have been more than 10 years ago, I may not remember much but I know I loved working at that company. The people were nice. The Executive I worked initially was very nice that when I asked to learn more about brokerage, he recommended me to work for a group of brokers. I was so appreciated at my job that was one reason I stayed on. There was a concern for family work balance. The only problem was once a person is in a position, there's type casting. Advancement was not possible.
Pros
Family work balance, friendly warm atmosphere
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Not a bad job to have
ROBOTIC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  West Deptford, NJDecember 4, 2018
Overall a great company to work for as far as pay but could have better benefits. Its fast paced and is a very loud environment( like any other warehouse).
great place to work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2018
typical work day very productive, I learned from training and doing, management was very good and listen to employee. work place culture was very divers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Team players
EXCELLENT company to work for!
Team Leader/Alarm Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 3, 2018
I love working with this company. They are very detail-oriented and helpful and are always very professional. They have been an excellent company to work for.
So-so
Productivity Coordinator (Maintenance Planner) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2018
Not a lot of room for advancement, or so it seems.

Was offered a different job at another company

Asked for a raise and was denied before it even got to the decision maker, lost out on other job opportunity while waiting on them to make a better offer.
Pros
Could occasionally work remotely
Cons
benefits aren't great
Cbre
Chief Engineer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2018
a quality company dedicated to meeting their KPI's and providing a quality end product to the BP Client at all costs. Strong leadership with mixed goals is creating a negative impact of staff.
Pros
support
Cons
no home life
Just Average Workplace
Project Executive / Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2018
The company in many aspects is simply your "average" workplace with nothing I find particular worthy noting or praising. Having worked for similar size companies (100,000 employees worldwide) over my 30+ year career you are only a number unless your status is executive management..
Not a bad company to work for, just roll with the punches
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 28, 2018
My years at CBRE, Inc. were very memorable. I forged several friendships and learned a lot. It definitely helped me gain skills that prior to this position I did not possess.
Pros
perks, salary
Cons
sometimes negative workplace culture
CBRE is a good company overall. Lower Level lack of leadership skills are not easily recognized by upper level management
Financial Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2018
CBRE is a good company to work for, lower level management leaders could use some guidance due to size of organization, this is not easily seen by the upper levels of management
Good company to work for.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 27, 2018
CBRE had good benefits and good systems for managing their finances and CMMS systems. They treat their employees well, and aim to improve on employee operations. Customers are supported with great priority.
Pros
Benefits, systems, organization
Cons
Compensation, ability to travel to managed locations.
Good Work Place
Baylor Medical Grapevine-Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXNovember 26, 2018
A typical day consisted of helping my coworkers with unfinished work orders, helping managers when necessary. The hardest part of my job was not getting sup[port from your bosses when needed.
Pros
Customers
Cons
healthcare
Very poor Management
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2018
Whatever Amazon wants, It goes. Even if it means breaking CBRE rules. All they care about is keeping there contract with Amazon. I think there a great company outside of Amazon.
Good Place to work
Assistant Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 24, 2018
Great management team and team mates. Opportunity for growth with pay training. As long as CBRE requires a Seattle License they will pay for it. Cross training
Never a let down
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2018
CBRE is always there in your back pocket when you are in need of a job. It is great to work with knowledgeable people that can help you grow as they grow
I really enjoyed the position and the team that I worked with.
Building engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 21, 2018
I must say CBRE is the best company I've ever worked for. The team at CBRE and the client were an incredible group. I was very disappointed when the account ended. I regret not being able to move to another account.
Pros
Working with a great team.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Experience
Project Mangement (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 20, 2018
Hardest part of the job can be a difficult account whereas leadership is naive to the real estate environment and fail to accept the SME experience that CBRE offers with top talent.
Pros
Being the largest real estate company in the US
Cons
new leadership that does not understand service lines managed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight