CBRE Employee Reviews

Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2018
Place you can grow in your field, learned a lot from my managers and peers. CBRE cares about their employees and provides training to retain certifications.
Pros
It was a great place to work
Great place to work. Great company
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 13, 2018
Bi-weekly meetings with managers and continual feedback have made this a great opportunity to work remotely on a nationwide account and yet never feel alone. Great benefits and great pay. Always evolving work methods and training opportunities.
Pros
great freedom with working from home
Cons
it is a 24/7 job
Great company, not so great co-workers
Building Engineer (HVAC) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 13, 2018
Great company, not so great co-workers. I worked on a contract the CBRE took over. They were technicians "grandfathered" in when I was hired to support the the new account. Unfortunately the old crew was very cliquish, and ruin the contract through selfish and greedy ways in regards to OT. Pay was low too, because of these guys
Okay Place
Administration (Current Employee) –  Texas, TXAugust 10, 2018
Good place when you are in the right group with good people. Not a good place when the good people are driven out in favor of inhuman robots. Micro managers are favorable here.
CBRE is an excellent company to work for
Director, Digital & Technology (Current Employee) –  Dallas, CAAugust 9, 2018
CBRE provides opportunities for growth, partnership, and learning. It is an excellent company that focuses on employee development. It offers competitive salaries and flexibility at work.
Awesome Internal Growth Opportunities
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 5, 2018
CBRE is a great company to work for. They value input from individuals on all levels. Even though CBRE is an international organization, the accounts that I have worked on operate like small companies with the benefit of having immense support from the corporate level. There are always opportunities for internal growth.
Pros
Good opportunities for learning and growth
Cons
They could have a better healthcare plan, like many companies today, deductibles and out of pocket expenses are increasing
Poor management at best
Customer Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 4, 2018
I worked very hard to increase my revenue on my account and I did by increasing srervices with out any recognician from my manager. I had to increase my revenue each year with a client that was constantly down sizing the budget which was very challenging. I had the highest safety record of any account in the company and a great profit margin. I had a great team to work with at this account.
Pros
I could set my own hours
Care for employee development completely lacking
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2018
Organizational structure is ever changing or non-existent. Lack of management of employees (example: annual reviews are always completed months behind and goals offered cannot be achieved in that time frame). No interest in development of employee career growth by manager. Managers manage projects and not the people under them. It's very unfortunate.
Great Company To Work For Until The Contract Runs Out
Chief Building Engineer in Facilities Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 2, 2018
Was very happy working for CBRE but wasted a lot of time trying to apply for many of the job postings on a regular basis. Most jobs by the time you apply, have already been taken by family members of the upper management.
Pros
Great Benefit Available
Cons
Out of Pocket is high for those great benefits
Productive and great environment
Real Estate Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 1, 2018
Working in a Class A commercial building was a wonderful experience and fast paced. However, I learned an extent amount from co-workers to managers about the industry. Each day was different and could be stressful but enjoyed every part of the job. The workplace was friendly and always able to contact whenever I needed assistance.
Pros
sufficient PTO, friendly environment
Cons
salary increases & year end bonuses were not fairly distributed
Very good
Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
Very good palace to work
Very good benefits package
V action time
Sick pay
paid time off
401 k
dental
eyes
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of
Larger corporation, small company feel
Real Estate Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2018
Even though it's a large worldwide company, if you are in the right department and position there is a small company feel. The pay and benefits do not meet the demands of the jobs and company.
Wfh -
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2018
My role was 100 percent work from home which requires excellent time management skills, organization skills, multi tasking skills. I have to be able to make decisions on my own and not always rely on management to assist when an emergency issue arises.
Cbre
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2018
Good company to work for. Great culture, but depending on the role there is not much career advancement opportunity. Ultimately real estate brokers drive the business and everyone else is essentially company support staff.
Pros
Culture, work/life balance, remote working flexibility
Cons
Benefits, Advancement Opportunity, Outside hires instead of Internal
Great Place to work
Accounting Specialist/Account (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
Worked with the finance department creating PDF files with vendor payments & approval. Uploaded in sharepoint once completed for approval. Created requisition to submit PO's for approval after work was completed.
Great work place to grow
Lead Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2018
With they training courses you stay a fresh everyday .Days at work is ok tickets come in and you perform your duty. The last manager I had was terrible I was a threat to him . I knew more than him and also he was taking the work I done and Idea I had for himself . Nothing was hard about the job cause I knew what I was doing the hardest probably was dealing with a manager that had lack of experience in commercial building. The most enjoyable part was being around my peers have fun taking care of business.
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Cons
Not hiring managers with diverse training or making it mandatory for managers the time of hire .
Typical Cubicle Job
Tenant Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2018
Didn't feel challenged, coworkers seemed aloof. Hardest part of job was staying awake and reviewing the same types of documents over and over. Boss was nice and understanding whenever I had to miss work for sickness or family loss.
Pros
Decent hours, Decent pay.
Cons
Boring tasks, lack of office community.
Good Place to Grow
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2018
Company rewards smart productive people that are aggressive and can manage client relationships. A work hard play hard environment with lots of travel and client interface.
Pros
compensation
Great colleagues.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 24, 2018
Corporate values do not seem to be implemented on client accounts. Would like to see Corporate include personnel on client accounts in local company events.
Great company to work for with integrity
Intern Associate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 24, 2018
CBRE is one of the leading real estate companies world wide which is valuable to have on a resume. I worked part time but they still paid for time off when there was a hurricane or natural disaster that enabled work.
Pros
Laid back environment with occasional free lunches
Cons
Occasional push back from other companies put pressure on the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.4Fairygodboss Score

44%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.