CBRE Employee Reviews

Great temporary assignment
Real Estate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 18, 2018
I was a temporary employee through The Resource Corner, was grateful for a great place to work, perfect location, nice people, learned a lot and completed the assignment with a sense of accomplishment.
Stressful at times
Facility Management Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  RegionalApril 17, 2018
In my role, I was responsible for a number of critical items. It could produce very stressful situations. My staff was limited and green which added to the stress. Overall, CBRE is a good place to work. I would have enjoyed seeing my staff develop, but my position was eliminated and my area was split.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Limited staff
Good company bad account
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXApril 16, 2018
Completing work orders on a daily basis and other associates daily requests reporting problems OP manager and coming up with solutions to remedy problems.
Pros
good people
Cons
Amazon accounts
Terrible work place, terrible and unqualified management.
Facility Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2018
You leave your personal life behind...

The company is all about the bottom line and it does not matter how they achieve it. Everyone is a number and expendable.

Everyday chaos, very stressful, and management continues to delegate work with no consideration of their employees.

Upper management appeared to be on cruise control, while the minions were pushed hard to complete their work.
Career Job
Shipping Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 16, 2018
It is a corporate atmosphere the employers are very friendly and compassionate about the job. CBRE is a very motivating company and the management are very attentive to employees needs. I see longevity with the company because there is all ways room for professional growth.
low morale
Project Manager, Dedicated (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 15, 2018
burned out,no chance for advancement,lack of transparency, management is self focused on its own agenda, there is lack of training and understanding of job roles,
The job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, VAApril 13, 2018
They wanted the workers to do a lot but did not always provide them with the proper supplies or man power. Overall it was a job that gave you your 40 he's a week.
Pros
40 hr week
Cons
Benefits not too good
large company family values
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 11, 2018
cbre was an incredible company to work for they cared about every employee on a personal level and still maintained a proffesional attiude towards the work
Poor management
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 9, 2018
Lack of training when I first started, had to learn on my own. Promotion opportunity was based on favoritism, and not on actual experience for the job. Inexperienced new manager then created hostile work environment.
Real Estate Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2018
Really going to miss this company but time to move on after four years. The entire team was amazing! They definitely sparked my interest in becoming a Real Estate Agent

Want to know more about CBRE?

Ask a question
High-Stress without the appropriate Compensation
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2018
Bending over for brokers. Tons of bureaucracy. Work gets tedious and not a lot of room for advancement. Average corporate life, as much as they try to make it exciting with happy hour, it's dry.
Pros
Flexible for the most part
Cons
High-stress, not enough money
CBRE as a whole, treated employees with respect and professionalism. They were very organized - I learned on my first day.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CA and San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2018
CBRE really makes you feel valued. They make sure that on your first day of employment you have everything you will need: computer, cell phone, credit card, travel profile, business cards, client profiles, sufficient staff. I really enjoyed my job as a Project Manager. There was a great assembly of diversity. it is so important for a Project Manager to have a positive and respected company reputation to present to the public.
Pros
Great company, benefits, reputation.
Cons
I had an hour and a half commute to work each day.
Low pay and incompetent management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 6, 2018
I am a maintenance tech in a 500,000 thousand square foot building,responsible for plumbing,electrical,hvac,painting,fire pump rooms ,generators,dock doors and levelers .My take home pay is 630 dollars per week.This is probably the worst place a maintenance technician can work.We have some of the most childish and ignorant managers in the industry.I have seven years of experience.I would probably do better working in fast food.Do not waste your time with these crooks ,I am headed out of this future less rat hole of a company.
Pros
Cons
insurance is lousy, favorotism, ignorant managers
Endless Opportunities
Assistant Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2018
Pro: CBRE is an international company that has endless opportunities to grow.

Con: You will continuously change accounts to move up in your career, and get pay raises. Pay increases are minimal otherwise.
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service/AR (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 4, 2018
Great place to work, just extremely busy in the asset service department. If you want to move up you need to dedicate a lot of hours in this department.
Outsourced Construction Project Management
Director, Project Management (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 3, 2018
The hardest part of the job is that you work for different clients doing outsourced real estate work. Your future is only as secure as the contract with the client. Job stability is not a plus, but CBRE's company values are admirable.
culture
Associate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 3, 2018
CBRE seems like a great place to work. The problem was that I worked at IVI, which was recently acquired by CBRE. The IVI culture was stuffy, cut throat, discriminatory, and hostile. When they weren't meeting their projected revenue gains, my position was excised and I was moved into the Zoning Dept. Here, my talents were not leveraged in the best way, plus, I had to take a 10k salary cut. There was not room for advancement. As such, I left.
Pros
They purchased coffee, snacks and yogurt for the office
Cons
Stressful, understaffed, cut throat, discriminatory
Professional office with dedicated co-workers
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 29, 2018
Overall this is a great place to work and the company is dedicated to improving outcomes in every aspect of its duties. A little heavy on paperwork and bureaucracy but I believe it stems from good intent and it's somewhat expected with a company of this size. If you want to work with professional dedicated co-workers and are looking for job growth then this is the place for you.
Pros
Lots of growth opportunities
Cons
Lots of bureaucracy and reporting
Productive place to work
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INMarch 27, 2018
Productive place to work, hands on training, good benefits. Workplace safety of utmost importance, good management, 12 hour and rotating shifts available
Fast paced, highly stressful
Senior IT Manager / Data Protection Architect (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2018
Well paid, but overworked staff. Management allows unrealistic expectations from users. Highly skilled technicians, but non-technical managers/directors.
Pros
unlimited time off
Cons
overworked, underappreciated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.4Fairygodboss Score

44%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.