CBRE Employee Reviews

Found 1,525 reviews matching the search See all 2,194 reviews
Good place to work if you like working as 3rd party.
Chief Building Engineer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 17, 2018
CBRE is a good place to work. Benefits are not bad. Salary should be better for the size company there are. Work Life balance is not bad depending on the type of job you have, My job requires 24/7 365 needs. Others maybe 40 hour week and off nights and weekends.

I would recommend to anyone as they have diverse positions across the board. Also after 6 months in a position you can move to another location. This will require no disciplines also.
Danger danger dont work here
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 16, 2018
I haven't worked there in a long time but had to leave after 9 mos as I couldn't stand my impossible manager and the cut throat management above her. I was not a person just someone to demand this and that, the dress code was professional but to stiff and unnecessary.
Mixed review
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 16, 2018
I enjoyed working for CBRE but became frustrated as every avenue for advancement was cut off. Certain promises were made when I was hired regarding advancement opportunities which never materialized then all opportunities became tied to relocation which had not been the case when I was hired. Then job descriptions changed and there was less responsibility, less involvement. This was not just for me but others at my level as well. Turnover in our department has now reached over 150% over 5-1/2 years through both voluntary and involuntary means.
Pros
Flexible schedule, ability to work from home.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
was a great place to work
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2018
very professional place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement and friendly staff. it was just a really nice place to work. thats all i have to say
Working alone has it's perks
FACILITY ENGINEER CBRE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 16, 2018
I work in a build by myself and love it. I have people to call if I need a hand with something. But it's nice with no boss over your shoulder all day.
overall bad work environment
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 15, 2018
not a good company to work for
management is horrible, uses threats and other poor management styles to try and get results
human resources is almost always unavailable and do not respond to serious complaints
I enjoyed my time at CBRE
Advisory and Transactions (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA (Corporate HQ)October 14, 2018
In my work history with CBRE, the Managing Senior Director retired and therefore my interest in potential new ventures.

Great Company, enormous depth and knowledge.
Official response from CBRE
October 16, 2018

We are glad to hear you're enjoying your time with CBRE. We consider our employees our greatest asset!

Stressful and underpaid
Real Estate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 13, 2018
As a real estate accountant, I started from the bottom up; intern, temp, associate accountant, accountant. It was fairly easy to move up or sideways as long as you voiced your ability and worked toward it. However, the management staff are too overwhelmed to assist their teams and so they overwork their employees. This causes around the clock work and stress and leads to consistently late or barely on-time products and causes the employees to not only train themselves and their cohorts, but also the real estate managers onsite which takes time away from tasks within their own job description. Additionally, starting salary is lower than the overall salary within the industry and is hard to gain raises.
Pros
Ability to move up/sideways; great employee morale events
Cons
Managament and overall stressful environment
Productive Workplace
Mobile Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 11, 2018
Great place to work, showcase your skills and advance yourself. The culture is geared towards helping you propel yourself wherever you want to go. I appreciate the teamwork and selflessness culture.
Good place to work as a technician
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 11, 2018
I worked as a tech on a larger campus. The work was steady but not too difficult.
We had times where it was stressful but most of the time we just did our jobs and kept going.

As with most places the techs had issues with management decisions but they were usually related to perceived micromanaging our jobs.
Pros
good pay, stable
Cons
sometimes really long hours
Find something better
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 11, 2018
Pay is below average for building maintenance. Benefits are barely average. Supervisors aren’t on your side. Don’t supply proper tools. Don’t observe state laws on paying properly. Give you cheap tablet to do your work on. You can find a better job that’s for sure.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Low pay
Learned a bunch
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 10, 2018
CBRE is a prestigious place to work. It sets up its employees for success and wants the most out of each individual. I learned a bunch of stuff while I was there for only a short time.
Great people, great environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2018
I love my job, just want to move. Typical day includes managing my own assignments and ensuring client satisfaction. The office is fun and outgoing and they treat their employees well.
Excellent Organization to work for/However,
Facilities Manager - CBRE North America (Former Employee) –  North America & Puerto RicoOctober 10, 2018
During my short stay with CBRE was busier than I have ever been in any Career, this is due to a major Hurricane hit in Two of my states, Florida and Puerto Rico. I was hired as a Facilities Manager, but soon became Project Manager & Facilities Manager at the same time, managing 12 sites throughout North America and Repairing Hurricane damaged areas took so much out of me. There was an opportunity for the company to hire a project manager for the Hurricane damage but elected to have me spend time doing this myself which took me away from my regular duties as Facilities Manager which was always putting me behind the eight ball. Life and Work balance suffered greatly. I was burnt out in 9 months.
Pros
Ability to work remotely & Travel
Cons
Contract based Employment & Work Expectations / Life Work Balance
Horrible Management
Senior Real Estate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
Caused me to go on stress leave. Horrible management. Had several panic attacks while I worked there.This was normal. They give you more work if you do a great job and those that dont do well get away with doing the minimum,
Large corporation, with many options available
Lead building Engineer (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 9, 2018
I had a great experience working for CBRE. I was fairly compensated for my work, there is always room to advance within the company, and you can apply for work anywhere you want to be.
Pros
Global company with employment opportunities worldwide
Cons
Their work is contracted, so there is a chance of losing your job when the contract expires
Fast Paced Work Environment with challenging opportunities working with a diverse group of people
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 8, 2018
There are a lot of resources and there are always challenges. Every day is something different. My team is great and I enjoy working with them. However, it is easy to get burnt out and over stressed.
Pros
People I work with, variety, challenging, never boring
Cons
Over worked, stressful
Very Good work culture
OnSite Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2018
At CBRE one can find the best friendly work culture.
The management is very supportive for junior as well as mid level employees.
Employees are offered all the tools & resources needed to ensure that their performance is excellent.
Pros
Cool work life balance
Cons
Monotonous work if you do not wish to move out of comfort zone.
Fun challenging enviroment
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2018
Great Company to work for, challenging fast passed envioromet and plenty of training, pay is great but employee recognition and benefits not so great
Pros
challenging great Pay
Cons
employee recognition and benefits
Overall good company, departmental challenges
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2018
Good work/life balance. Work load is manageable and weekend work is limited. The ability to work remotely very limited in particular departments. Management style does not allow for self-direction and doesn't trust staff enough to allow for this which makes them micromanage. Work start day is flexible within a window and the management is flexible with leaving early/coming in late if necessary. People are generally nice and fun.
Pros
Flexibility, decent benefits, nice people
Cons
Micromanaged, highly critical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

47%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

46%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss