CBRE Culture reviews

Found 390 reviews matching the search See all 2,464 reviews
Featured review
CBRE selected this as a representative review
Great Company to work for!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 31, 2018
Awesome culture to work for! Training is world class! People and support are top notch! Lot's of room for advancement. Great benefits I should have never left!!
Pros
Great culture and training
Cons
no stock sharing
It is like a family
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAApril 20, 2019
From day one you are apart of the CBRE family and your well taken care of. You have all the tools to succeed. You are provided with proper training and trained well to do your job.
Contract Administrator
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 11, 2019
I spend the day answering emails and calls from FM's and vendors, managing contracts. I work at a client site, therefore, we have to follow their dress code and workplace culture.
Great work culture
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2019
CBRE is one of the best places I have worked for as a Graphic Designer. Brokers and managers really care about the design quality and respect the designers work, so designers have a lot of freedom to be creative. The environment is mostly collaborative, everyone is helpful when problems are presented and there is a lot of opportunities for harmonious teamwork without loosing autonomy. Most beautiful workspace.
Pros
Great work culture. Freedom to be creative. Fruit, soft sodas for free everyday all day. Beautiful work space.
Cons
Traffic around Galleria is terrible.
Difficult Time
Vice President (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 4, 2019
I Was highly recruited to come to CBRE to create a new team. What was delivered is not what was promised. The communication to the new team, once on board, was disappointing.
Strong Company Rewards Strong Performance
Senior Manager, HR and Communications (recruited) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2019
CBRE is a leader in its industry and it rewards its leaders and high performers for strong performance. This is a great company for ambitious, hard working people who are good at communicating their value and contributions.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, pay-for-performance
great company for service role
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 21, 2019
The company offers great benefits and the pay is pretty competitive. They have contracts with other companies to provide building services (maintence, HVAC, support services) and in the support services section there really isn't advancement opportunities. Your supervisors and contract site also greatly influence your experience with the company.
Can be a great place to work
Senior Digital & Technology Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2019
It depends on the department, manager, director, etc. For the majority of my time there, I felt supported and thrived. Then that turned on a dime and the culture became somewhat toxic. But with the right personality mesh and management, one can do quite well.
Competitive but great workplace
Global Advisory & Transaction Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAMarch 18, 2019
Brokerage can be a tough business in which you have to make your own way with the little help from others. Great for self starters and competitive people.
Pros
advancement
Cons
nothings guaranteed
Hellish workplace
Associate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 4, 2019
I can't believe i stick out for a year to be part of this toxic place. the environment and culture is so painful to be around and the managers are all from small town rural area and have no human relationship skills. They just know how to do their assigned tasks because they were there for 12 years and more as managers, and are careless about their employees and their welfare. And if you are a person of color, run for you life because they will treat you so wrong and would load you up with more work and work until you quit because you can't take the stress. The point system they use for employee workload is biased and people of color are given more and their point system allocation is misleading when compared to their colleagues.

WORST one year of my life.
Pros
Cons
Everything is con here.
Advancement
Junior Valuation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2019
Hard to advance unless loyal to a fault and employed for over 5 years. Working culture in the office is good but requires a lot more work on management level.
Pros
Good office culture
Large corporate company
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 27, 2019
This company has created lofty goals of a Workplace Culture that is accessible to anyone and everyone from the top down. The reality is much more difficult for a large corporation to achieve. Things move much like the government with all the politics involved.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation
Overall a decent place to work
Lead Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA 02453February 14, 2019
Never know what a typical day consists of as there were so many things that could happen.
Based on what I learned while working there was how to deal with contractors, along with setting my presidence for the day. Management was pretty easy to deal with, and pretty much left me alone, as I knew my job well and how to deal with any ongoing issues.
The culture was a good one and I worked well with both tenants and management.
At times the hardest part of the job was dealing with tenants on how they would like things, but I was only the middle man and could only do so much, but I did enjoy the tenants and had a very good repore with them.
Pros
Tenants, salary.
Fast-paced, customer focused, highly professional
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2019
- Typical day -
60% meetings, 40% focused work; high degree of autonomy

- Learning -
Frequent training opportunities and resources for self-paced learning

- Management -
Strong leadership, well-aligned with company values

- Culture -
Collaborative, company invests in employees

- Hardest part -
Gaining new client business; fierce industry competition

- Enjoyable part -
Positive feedback received from satisfied clients
Pros
Many employees are able to work remotely
Cons
Highly competitive industry
Team Environment as well as independent
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILFebruary 7, 2019
A typical day at work was fast paced, reactive and challenging.

Building Maintenance and the importance of communication and unity amongst the team members to successfully complete the work order tasks of the day.

Management maintained an open door policy.

The workplace culture is built on the core of RISE values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence.

The hardest part of the the job is managing time wisely.

The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully completing tasks and moving on to the next.

March 27, 2019

You’ve hit the nail on the head…our RISE Values are at the core of everything we do. Thank you for taking time to share your success with us! We enjoy hearing when we’re getting it right!

Would not recommend.
Associate Real Estate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 6, 2019
Cliquey and disorganized work environment.

Sounded good on paper and I looked forward to working for CBRE. However, this was not the case, and I quit after a few months.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Work culture
Outstanding Culture!
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2019
I've worked for CBRE for over 10 years and enjoy the culture! Work life balance is at the forefront of management. I've been able to grow and be challenged while at CBRE!
Intense work environmnet
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2019
There is a lot of client Accounting involved and wearing a lot of hats. Biggest problem with CBRE , is that there are too many office politics, they watch how you dress so closely.
Pros
Cons
micro management
Great Company with excellent culture
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILJanuary 23, 2019
CBRE has a great work culture and they truly care about their employees and providing great benefits, environments and values. I've learned many ways to network amongst others within the company to complete projects/jobs.
February 14, 2019

Our RISE Values –Respect, Integrity, Success and Excellence are at the core of everything we do. Thank you for taking time to share your success with us! We love hearing when we’re getting it right!

Culture of the organization has changed
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Culture of the organization has changed over the last few years and individual contributors are seen more as a commodity than a person. Unfortunately there is more value in you being in your seat 5 days a week than what you are able to deliver. The IT organization has become a sweatshop.
Poorly managed and stressful
Business Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2019
After the last few years it was no longer the job for me. Toxic, stressful, poorly managed and the work moral is poor. If you wish to find a job that will provide growth, advancement, and the ability to be properly groom in your career. Look elsewhere.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Toxic culture, stressful and poor moral.
February 14, 2019

We know that without our employees, we wouldn’t experience the success that we do—you’re our greatest asset. Our employees are empowered to choose their own path and we offer many opportunities to share thoughts when things aren’t going right. Our opportunities to learn and grow are many, so talk with your manager about opportunities, contact the Learning Development team for growth opportunities, or simply let us know more at tellus@cbre.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

53%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss