CCA Employee Reviews

Very fast paced
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 2, 2018
This job requires a lot of physical work...all day long...different weather conditions every day every season...outdoor job...not easy......................
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits for couple years
Prison
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, TNAugust 1, 2018
A dangerous stressful job and lazy staff long hours and not enough pay no lunch breaks and they treat you bad and understaffed and they threaten to write you up a lot
Relaxed and very flexible
Auction Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 29, 2018
I don't really want to write a review this place was an event job. I guess it's okay and you get free dinners and if people are nice you get big tips.
Lots of hours, dangerous.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2018
The will work you until, you drop over dead, with a heart attack. 72 hours and more a week. People had car accidents, fell asleep at wheel. Dangerous job. Stabbings. The co workers were ok. The top management, wardens and chiefs, are a good old boy group. Some states are worst than others. Do your research.
If you do work there, be very careful. You want to live to see another day. . I saw to much, working there. Have nightmares, PTSD.
Not the best place to work
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, TNJune 28, 2018
It’s more or less the staff than anything that makes me not want to work there. There are a lot of inconsiderate people that are higher up in the company.
it was a productive and fun ace to work at it was just really hot
CCA- carpenter corporation of america (Former Employee) –  Winter havenJune 28, 2018
I liked working at CCA no one was rude everyone worked together its all about team work there if one person is to slow the team is slow always had to keep at a steady but fast pace
Pros
People are real nice
Cons
Its SUPER hot
They are very anti union.
Prison Guard (Former Employee) –  Eloy, AZJune 20, 2018
The employees voted in a union and the company sued the union to keep the employees from having the union they voted in. They spent a lot of time down talking the union and went against the employees will.
Hard to describe
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Woodville, MSJune 2, 2018
Laid back but very detailed. Enclosed in a prison surrounded by inmates with severe criminal records. You have to stay alert and focused at all times. Sometimes stressful but an overall good job.
Challanging
Corrections Councelor (Former Employee) –  Winnfield, LAMay 19, 2018
It was my introduction to Security and prison employment. We were understaffed due to low pay wages. Not a safe environment unfortunately. I learned how to handle myself in dangerous situations and how following procedure was helpful.
Collections
COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
This was my very first collections job. It definitely trained me in other aspects of my career path. Data entry improved vastly as you are timed between calls and need to perform at a fast pace for the client. I learned how to multi-task typing and talking.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Flexibility
Great
Assistant Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksboro, TX 76458April 25, 2018
I enjoyed working for CCA. If they had not lost the contract at my current facility I would still be working for them. The management showed that they cared for the individual employees,
Pros
great benefits
worst job ever had
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLApril 18, 2018
the culture at the post office in the city i work was very bad. never know when you work until that morning you call. there are alot of rules but sadly management does not follow them and there response is do what i tell you and file a grievance with the union. being a single father with 4 under age kids is very difficult to plan anything when you dont know what your days off are or what time you are getting off work.long term its a great job but most people do not make it the 3 plus years needed to become regular. the turnover percent is 63 percent that the person quits withing the first year.
Pros
long term very good benefits and pay
Cons
management does not follow the rules
Not great
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Clifton, TNApril 9, 2018
To provide a safe place to work and accountability of all prisoners along with many other duties, safety of all prisoners, the health of all prisoners.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Poor management
Professionally managed
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Estancia, NMApril 3, 2018
Very high paced exciting environment. Room to grow and gain experience for other jobs in law enforcement. Great benefits for you and your family. Always options to relocate and experience other facilities. Payed travel, amenities and payed hotel. You always feel safe and know you can rely on other co workers.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Minimum bathroom breaks
Great Job
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coamo Municipio, PRApril 3, 2018
Great Job, if you're lucky enough to get in and no
t be separared. Consists of walking routes, handling and delivering mail on a timely manner to its destination
my day at cca
Correctional officer (Former Employee) –  Clifton, TNMarch 15, 2018
a normal day at cca was coming in being told what pod to go to. getting in the pod waking up the inmates or relieving the other officer with inmates out, telling the inmates to get ready for ether chow or count time, arguing with the inmates that are ether eating already or in the shower to go up for count, depending on your shift that day, inmates really never gave me any problems they do not pay enough to babysit 128 grown men by yourself a day , we got held from 12 to 16 hour shifts daily,
Wanna have your life threatened and just have people walk away after?
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, COMarch 13, 2018
Okay so the officers at CCA were almost all corrupt the ones that weren't were just trying to walk the eggshells to not get fired but honestly it was pretty evident that these guys didn't give a crud about their officers and catered to the inmates. Oh and it was painfully apparent when an inmate wasn't one of the "favored" they were treated like poo. Overall I'd say don't ever darken this doorway they don't make good on promises and don't care who they defile as long as they make quota's and things are quiet.
Pros
Cons
Mandatory OT, Awful people, Not a good place at all.
Our job
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksboro, TXFebruary 28, 2018
You work with different personalities different types of people different ways of working all working for a common goal which is safety for the community safety for us and safety for our inmates that we house on our facilities
needs to be shut down
Officer (Former Employee) –  Tutwiler, MSFebruary 27, 2018
The whole staff from the warden to kitchen staff corrupted favoritism no structure no respect at all for law human kind or anything ceiling leaking mold bad food has feces inmates are not cared for properly nor are we trained correctly
Fair place to work but often worked under required amount of officers
Supervisor of Operations in Maintenance Dept (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 23, 2018
Fair money for the job but to often the shift is operated with a very low number of officers which can endanger officers
Each area competed yearly for the better score on the annual audit.
I increased the maintenance audit score from failing to 100% three years in a rowe.
Pros
Good experience for police work
Cons
To much buddy to buddy advancement