CCI Greenheart Employee Review

View all CCI Greenheart reviews

Interesting intercultural job focusing on helping students
Local Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2013
This job has taught me how to have conversations, on the phone and in person, with people I have never met. I have learned how to resolve conflicts that arise between families, students, and schools. Being a Local Coordinator requires me to read and interpret the thoughts and actions of people with different cultural backgrounds, accept them as they are, and help host families to see and accept these cultural differences. I have learned to be a better communicator and a better public speaker in small group settings. I have managed up to five families with their students at one time: acquiring and coordinating the proper paperwork; logging in contact information on the company database; maintaining contact with students, families, and schools; maintaining daily contact with the Chicago office via email and phone. This job allows me flexibility with my growing family, rewards me with multicultural opportunities, and gives me the chance to help students from around the world to achieve their dreams. The hardest part of this job is having to move a student to a new home because of personality conflict, or having to put a student on probation due to poor school or attitude performance.
Pros
flexible schedule, work helping students, international experience
Cons
no benefits, contract work only, very little room for advancement

Other CCI Greenheart Employee Reviews

Productive, Collaborative, Supportive
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2018
Great entry level position at a non-profit as a temporary (seasonal) program assistant. Supportive, positive co-workers and management, with opportunities or advancement.
Perfect side job for teachers!
Local Coodinator (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 15, 2018
I absolutely adore my job with Greenheart Exchange as a local coordinator! I have been placing students for three years now and can't imagine ever leaving the company. The difference I am making in the lives of young people, the additional income I'm earning for my family, the incentives and ability to travel with the company are fantastic. It is the perfect job for teachers and school employees!
Pros
Great coworkers, supportive office staff, training opportunities, work your own schedule, make difference in people's lives, bring diversity to your community

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CCI Greenheart. Our community is ready to answer.