CCI Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good Company to Work for in the Area
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIOctober 28, 2018
CCI has continued to grow and morph into a well-known and very respectable business to work for in this area (Iron Mountain, MI). It’s one of the larger businesses in the town, and they do attempt to provide competitive compensation for this area.
They do prefer to promote from within the company, so employees are given the opportunity to advance in their career goals and aspirations if they choose to do so.
A healthy work-life balance is achievable here as well, so that’s a plus, too. If you don’t mind small town living, then it’s a good company to give a try.
Pros
Healthcare available, 401k, Esop
Cons
Healthcare provider is questionable, less coverage is trending
No break rooms, very short lunches
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MI 49801September 10, 2018
Very political and stressful environment, where "brown-nosing" is the primary means of advancement. This is a production based employer, however, high producers will most often not be promoted. If you plan to do anything other than what you were hired for, do not do your job better than the majority.
Pros
Low educational requirements and quite easy to get hired.
Cons
Reactive company with managers that tend to look at the present, not the future and suppress anyone with a progressive outlook.
Decent Place to Work
Desktop Survey Drafter (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MI 49801June 27, 2018
For the location, CCI is a decent place to work. It has it's issues, as any place does, but if you can learn to work quickly and take things worth a grain of salt, you'll do just fine.
Quick pace, up to beat work plsce.
Apprentice operator (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIJune 18, 2018
I have nothing bad to say about CCI. They worked with me when I was dealing with personal issues. The manager was very involved in the field and made sure we had the right tools for each job location before we arrived.
Pros
Per-diem
Cons
Not enough overtime hours.
Stressful unorganized and chaotic
Employee (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIMarch 29, 2018
The employees are great but management lacks focus and direction. It is in constant turmoil and the directors are very cutthroat. They say its a family atmosphere, but in actuality its all about their own agendas. Some of the divisions are wonderful - Packerland, Call Center to name a few
Pros
wellness benefits and flexibility
Cons
Lack of Communication and Direction
Great place to grow a career, but there are limitations
Manager (Current Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIFebruary 7, 2018
CCI is a great place to work. The atmosphere is fast paced and stressful, but coworkers and team members help make the day fly by. Top management oftentimes fails to share their vision with the rest of the team, which caused frustration. If communication from the top to bottom improves, there is no reason CCI can’t be the top employer in Dickinson County.
Pros
Great Benefits, Team Atmosphere, Wellness Benefits
Cons
Top management often unavailable/unresponsive to middle management and rest of teams
The call center is fun and interesting.
Internet Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MISeptember 7, 2017
The call center tried to keep the atmosphere light but professional. You are allowed to play with nerf guns and nerf darts as long as you are not taking a call. We joke around, laugh and talk in our down time. Training can be fun depending on the trainer you have. The job can be hard at times because you are customer service as well as technicial support. Nights and weekends are the hardest shifts at this job. There are very few technicians on duties and there are many calls coming at all times. You do not get a 30 minutes lunch but you do get two 15 minute breaks in the course of 8 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers. They make the job fun. You learn alot about networking and internet.
Pros
Good health care, dental, and vision
Cons
short breaks, stressful
This job did help me keep the bills paid but glad to move on.
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Summersville, WVNovember 14, 2013
I am thankful for this job to provide the paycheck i needed to survive, but i am honestly glad to have moved on. I as well as many other workers had to constantly watch our paychecks to make sure we were actually getting paid for the work that was done. ( paid by production) All management seemed not to care about employees at all. It felt more like every man for his self. The work its self was very demanding but not horrible and was quite interesting. When company left town I chose to stay with my family.
Pros
It provided the money me and my family neede to survive.
Cons
It felt like an un caring environment, and winter work was very harsh.
Very friendly atmosphere
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Iron MountainOctober 4, 2013
A typical day at work is high stress and very deadline oriented. I have learned a lot about time management and self discipline. My co-workers are friendly and willing to help. The most enjoyable part of my job is accomplishing tasks and feeling proud when doing so.
RMA Coordinator, Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIApril 28, 2013
A typical day begins with prioritizing received emails and voicemails from close of previous business day. As my current position involves two separate areas within this job description, I prioritize into Receiving, RMAs, and general email. Duties also include working with the inventory, finance department, and warehouse personnel.

Once email and voicemail has been prioritized,I address any urgent requests pertaining to Returns and/or Repairs.

I begin the receiving process as this enables the invoicing associate to begin her daily duties. Once receiving has been recorded, entered, printed and posted, receiving moves to the invoicing associate. Once the invoices are generated, I proof the invocing prior to posting.

RMAs and Repairs begin with opening any new requests, contacting vendors, customers, shipping companies, and others as necessary. The RMA process is about customer service for incorrect, faulty, missing, damaged product. It can be the customer changing their mind, design changes within their system. Duties also include arranging for product pick up, return, working with engineers regarding functionality of equipment and whether a return or replacement is needed.

Pros
Wellness program for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CCI Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight